Cloak of Thorns Mechanics

Place bug reports here. Be as detailed as possible so we can try to reproduce the errors.
Ellyana Lilli
I talk WAY too much

Cloak of Thorns Mechanics

Postby Ellyana Lilli » Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:27 pm

Ill try and explain as best I can. Im not sure this is a bug but from my understanding the Cloak of Thorns works like a cleric ring. Stops bleeding (I dont know if we bleed anymore as I have not seen it happen in a while) but if no one is bleeding / or Elly is fighting alone with a monster, the cloak attacks if I 'use' it.

As it attacks the game text claims its still stopping bleeding. "Ellyana Lilli's ring emits a light stopping the bleeding of all nearby." People have asked me at times if my ring is acting wonky (because of that text but they see the attack show up on the mob). I explain how I was using the cloak but the text is the same no matter what I do and that its also the same text as the rings text to stop bleeding...so that is what confuses people.

I meant to bring this up before but had forgotten until recently. So I just want to make sure that first, the cloak is intended to attack as well as stop bleeding (I think it is but could be wrong) and could the text reflected on use of the cloak be changed to show that she used the cloak / cloak ring as opposed to cleric ring and to also separate the attack / heal like the clerical rings do?

Hope I made sense and if this cant be done, I understand. But she really does know what she is doing in battle with the cloak - even if it doesn't seem like it. :oops: :)

Example of cloak attack (alone in tombs):

'When there's no more room in Hell, the dead will walk the Earth' ~George A. Romero
'Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart'

Ellyana - 118743

Kane of Admin
'Rifterian

Re: Cloak of Thorns Mechanics

Postby Kane of Admin » Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:27 am

The gem at the throat heals bleeding, hence the message you see. At some stage 'ring' will be replaced by a suitable alternative.

It was not designed as an offensive weapon.

K.
The thing about chaos, is that while it disturbs us, it too, forces our hearts to
roar in a way we secretly find magnificent. - Christopher Poindexter

Ellyana Lilli
I talk WAY too much

Re: Cloak of Thorns Mechanics

Postby Ellyana Lilli » Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:55 pm

Maybe 'gemstone' would make a good replacement? :)
'When there's no more room in Hell, the dead will walk the Earth' ~George A. Romero
'Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart'

Ellyana - 118743

Return to “Bug Reports”