Can not switch to guild chat, emote or guild emote

Place bug reports here. Be as detailed as possible so we can try to reproduce the errors.
cheroxaph
New Adventurer

Can not switch to guild chat, emote or guild emote

Postby cheroxaph » Tue May 05, 2015 10:23 pm

I can not do anything except "say". The other options will not appear.

Hojo Musachi
I talk WAY too much

Re: Can not switch to guild chat, emote or guild emote

Postby Hojo Musachi » Tue May 05, 2015 10:26 pm

Has your premium recently ran out or been renewed?

"I'm afraid, Isoyami, I have probably already said more than was bought by the Knight's kiss " - Shaerih

Dabria
Social Leech

Postby Dabria » Wed May 06, 2015 7:28 am

Silly question, but have you activated guild chat? I know, at times, it can turn itself off for no reason, or you can accidentally click to deactivate it, without realising.

(Or at least I can, anyway! :oops:)
"Stabbing someone is no longer considered rude. Rather, it is now an acceptable method in which to end a conversation."
~Richard~

Quasha wrote:I'd pretend shock, but it's Dabria the Inappropriate.

Apple
New Adventurer

Postby Apple » Wed May 06, 2015 11:13 am

He is in my guild, and i suggested the same thing Dabria, Problem is he said at one point her didnt even get the emote tab. Another point It had worked for a bit oof time during the day yesterday and then quit again. That being said I dont think this is a user error. So I suggested him to do a bug report

Achelle
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Achelle » Wed May 06, 2015 2:53 pm

What's his browser? Has he updated it recently? Cleared cache? Tried another browser?
Zanaan the Unsartorial says "Me? I am always Modest my dear. In fact I am due a medal sometime that exemplifies just how splendorously modest I am. Why if only others could be as modest as I. *Looks to Zheq and whispers* What's modesty again?"

Dabria
Social Leech

Postby Dabria » Wed May 06, 2015 3:06 pm

Apple wrote:He is in my guild, and i suggested the same thing Dabria, Problem is he said at one point her didnt even get the emote tab. Another point It had worked for a bit oof time during the day yesterday and then quit again. That being said I dont think this is a user error. So I suggested him to do a bug report

It cannot be a game error either, though. If it was, everyone in a guild would have the same issue. I have tried to replicate it on my laptop, my phone, and my tablet (I run Firefox/Chrome browser on all three, and tested this on both. Heck, I even tested on Internet Explorer! My laptop runs Windows 7, my phone uses Android Lollipop and my tablet Android KitKat) and have no issues whatsoever.

I was just going to suggest what Achelle has actually, but she beat me to it. I would add to her suggestion that if he uses any add-ons (such as Ad Block Plus, for instance) he disable all add-ons and re-install them one by one.I cannot see this causing it, but it may be a "rogue" add on that is causes the issue.) :)
"Stabbing someone is no longer considered rude. Rather, it is now an acceptable method in which to end a conversation."
~Richard~

Apple
New Adventurer

Postby Apple » Wed May 06, 2015 4:09 pm

im not sure about any of what he is using i did ask however, I know he is using a tablet, so it could be something he is running in the background thats causing it. Ill have him post and see what exactly he is running and how. It could be a simple fix, for someone more inclined with todays technology..I cant figure out browser issues from afar sadly

Dabria
Social Leech

Postby Dabria » Wed May 06, 2015 5:31 pm

Apple wrote:im not sure about any of what he is using i did ask however, I know he is using a tablet, so it could be something he is running in the background thats causing it. Ill have him post and see what exactly he is running and how. It could be a simple fix, for someone more inclined with todays technology..I cant figure out browser issues from afar sadly

I am not saying it will be any of those things, but unless I (or we, I should say) know for certain, we are shooting in the dark. On my android I run AVG, Easy Task killer and Easy Battery Saver as my main "maintenance" apps and have no issues. So if I know what he runs, I can, at the least, test it on my android, if no-one else comes back with a solution.

(If it is an iPad though, he is on his own, as far as I go! :lol:)
~Richard~

Return to “Bug Reports”