Minutes to move towards creatures showing 0

Place bug reports here. Be as detailed as possible so we can try to reproduce the errors.
Abrianna
New Adventurer

Minutes to move towards creatures showing 0

Postby Abrianna » Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:07 am

I don't know if this is a bug, but thought I would let you know just in case.

Due to my amazing skills at dying I had a 45 minute wait showing at level 3, it allowed me to still fight creatures though since I had not reached level 4. I leveled up to 4 and the counter reset to 0 minutes until I could move near a creature. I then compounded matters by using a cannon and landed in an area with creatures and could not move in any direction, after the 45 minutes passed I could again move. However, the counter that shows how many minutes you have to wait always remained at zero.

Achelle
Experienced Adventurer

Re: Minutes to move towards creatures showing 0

Postby Achelle » Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:16 am

When it was showing 0 minutes how many deaths did you have on your counter? I'd imagine you still had 1 right? Have you tried leveling up again since then?
Zanaan the Unsartorial says "Me? I am always Modest my dear. In fact I am due a medal sometime that exemplifies just how splendorously modest I am. Why if only others could be as modest as I. *Looks to Zheq and whispers* What's modesty again?"

Abrianna
New Adventurer

Postby Abrianna » Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:35 am

I didn't check deaths, and no I have not tried leveling. The message eventually went away entirely and I could once again move.

Achelle
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Achelle » Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:01 am

If I recall properly it resets your deaths to 0 when you level (it's been a while since I've leveled admittedly) so that's likely why the message set to 0 minutes. It likely forgot to remind the system that you were allowed to move.
Zanaan the Unsartorial says "Me? I am always Modest my dear. In fact I am due a medal sometime that exemplifies just how splendorously modest I am. Why if only others could be as modest as I. *Looks to Zheq and whispers* What's modesty again?"

Nih Betodaru
Veteran

Postby Nih Betodaru » Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:18 pm

Achelle wrote:If I recall properly it resets your deaths to 0 when you level (it's been a while since I've leveled admittedly) so that's likely why the message set to 0 minutes. It likely forgot to remind the system that you were allowed to move.

I don't think so. Nih leveled yesterday with 1 death. Still had the 1 afterwards. It will likely be months before he levels again, so I can't test this.

Prompting Character Development since 2013. :wink:

Doyle
Social Leech

Postby Doyle » Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:03 pm

Levelling does not reset the deaths per hour ;)

Avedis
Adventurer

Postby Avedis » Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:38 pm

Doyle wrote:Levelling does not reset the deaths per hour ;)

It used to.
Fop with a Mop.

Achelle
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Achelle » Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:47 pm

Avedis wrote:
Doyle wrote:Levelling does not reset the deaths per hour ;)

It used to.

Indeed it used to. That's likely why it reset itself to 0 minutes upon leveling, because it attempted to and it doesn't have an if successful clause, just a "Set timer to 0" clause. But there was also an issue the other turn on Achelle where I wasn't able to approach anything until ALL of my deaths timed out. Either way, while I was leveling up Achelle I know it used to reset the DPH because I had been saving up exp on her and during a big raid I used that in lieu of a death scroll because there were none on the market but only I could fight the monsters at that time.

Zeric of Admin
'Rifterian

Postby Zeric of Admin » Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:01 pm

This should be fixed.

- Z

Return to “Bug Reports”