Death counter keeps resetting

Place bug reports here. Be as detailed as possible so we can try to reproduce the errors.
aryana_moonsong
Experienced Adventurer

Death counter keeps resetting

Postby aryana_moonsong » Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:16 am

So I had a few minor set backs while I was training in the Dead Zone and I died 3 times. I am tied to the Life Monument at Altitan and the death counter originally said that I had 12 mins before I could move near a monster. So, I closed my laptop and went to do something else for a bit. When I came back it said that I had 13 mins left. Thinking it was just a little glitch, I left my laptop open this time and just waited. Well now it got down to 4 mins and then reset once again back to 29 mins and I am still showing that I have three deaths.

This is on my rogue, Aryana Moonsong (#62105)
*grins roguishly* Oh I just love being a rogue...dark corners, slipping through the shadows...*gets distracted suddenly by something bright and sparkly* and...SHINIES!!! *pounces on it and looks around* My...shiny...*pets the shiny*

aryana_moonsong
Experienced Adventurer

Re: Death counter keeps resetting

Postby aryana_moonsong » Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:55 pm

IT appears to have sorted itself out after the last countdown I was able to move finally and my deaths were reset back to 0.
*grins roguishly* Oh I just love being a rogue...dark corners, slipping through the shadows...*gets distracted suddenly by something bright and sparkly* and...SHINIES!!! *pounces on it and looks around* My...shiny...*pets the shiny*

Lavender
Social Leech

Postby Lavender » Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:56 pm

Just had this happen to my smallest warrior Leah Morgan. She only had three deaths on her third death she went LM and it said she had 5 minutes. I waited out the 5 minutes and it reset to 30 minutes with her still having three deaths on her counter, then after that 30 minutes it reset to 22 minutes left with still showing three deaths....So 57 minutes later she could finally move and the death count returned to zero.
Lavender
Kindness is more important than wisdom, and the recognition of this
is the beginning of wisdom. –Theodore Issac Rubin.
It takes courage to be kind. - Maya Angelou.

Achelle
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Achelle » Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:45 am

Death counter reset from 1 minute to 5 minutes, then when I checked it again (more than 5 minutes later) it was another 5 minutes. Would definitely not let me move at any point while resetting.
Zanaan the Unsartorial says "Me? I am always Modest my dear. In fact I am due a medal sometime that exemplifies just how splendorously modest I am. Why if only others could be as modest as I. *Looks to Zheq and whispers* What's modesty again?"

Sehdae Ly
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Sehdae Ly » Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:38 pm

This just happened to me as well. Three deaths under the obelisk, sent to Caern LM, and the death counter has reset once so far.
Forgive me for my wrongs, I have just begun

Ellyana Lilli
I talk WAY too much

Postby Ellyana Lilli » Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:10 am

I've had 7 deaths on Elly for over an hour. They don't seem to be shedding at all. Ill check back if they do.

Edit - they all dissipated at once, 5 mins after posting this.
'When there's no more room in Hell, the dead will walk the Earth' ~George A. Romero
'Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart'

Ellyana - 118743

Achelle
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Achelle » Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:53 am

Ellyana Lilli wrote:I've had 7 deaths on Elly for over an hour. They don't seem to be shedding at all. Ill check back if they do.

They don't disappear until the last one hits the hour mark unfortunately.
Zanaan the Unsartorial says "Me? I am always Modest my dear. In fact I am due a medal sometime that exemplifies just how splendorously modest I am. Why if only others could be as modest as I. *Looks to Zheq and whispers* What's modesty again?"

Ellyana Lilli
I talk WAY too much

Postby Ellyana Lilli » Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:38 am

Achelle wrote:
Ellyana Lilli wrote:I've had 7 deaths on Elly for over an hour. They don't seem to be shedding at all. Ill check back if they do.

They don't disappear until the last one hits the hour mark unfortunately.

yes, this seems to be happening to me again tonight. I have had 4 deaths since the attack during the dig, and when it goes down to 1 min, it keeps going up again in time and the deaths dont shed.
'When there's no more room in Hell, the dead will walk the Earth' ~George A. Romero
'Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart'

Ellyana - 118743

Kade Fallingstar
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Kade Fallingstar » Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:41 pm

Bumping this as the problem still hasn't been fixed. Hope its a problem anyway and not the new death system :/
When I take the time to cook someone a nice meal, all I ask for is a simple "Thank you".
Not all this "how did you get into my house" business.

Character ID# 190151

Andy Feenix
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Andy Feenix » Thu May 21, 2015 3:06 pm

Yup, just experienced this myself, with a twist. I was waiting to enchant Melanie Silvermoon. She had 23 minutes which timed down to 1, then 17, back to 1, then 21...after she saw 21, she tried and was able to slay a snow leopard though the timer still said 20 minutes. Then it reset back to 22 again and she was stuck.
Andy Feenix
Wha' goes aroun' comes aroun'.
Andy's Campfire, Songs of Trinald

Summer Moon
New Adventurer

Postby Summer Moon » Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:40 am

Just today while training I have had my time reset 6 times.

Summer Moon
New Adventurer

Postby Summer Moon » Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:51 am

And again this morning. If it was only five minutes it wouldn't be so bad, but I have blessing and have now had to wait forty minutes. Most of them are now useless so I didn't get to use them at all.

Hojo Musachi
I talk WAY too much

Postby Hojo Musachi » Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:49 pm

I have the message : You have died too many times and are too weak to adventure. For those with enough xp to be level 4 this means you can not move near a monster for 13 minutes but I can still walk to the dig site and my counter still says 4

"I'm afraid, Isoyami, I have probably already said more than was bought by the Knight's kiss " - Shaerih

Zanaan
Veteran

Postby Zanaan » Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:07 pm

The dig site was made a safe route so people could respond to raids and take part in the event there. Similar to how you can travel to guild halls in the plains.
Order Adjutant Viviyana raises her hands to receive the Blessing of Zanaan's Presence , "Oh, thank you."

Xanthias
I talk WAY too much

Postby Xanthias » Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:44 am

3am Pacific hour this happened. 3 deaths, waited for time out, was still unable. Waited through second time out, nothing. Still an ongoing problem.

Edited to note: Once all three deaths had completed their timers, as stated above, I was able to carry on my merry way and the death counter was reset.

Lavender
Social Leech

Postby Lavender » Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:33 pm

Having trouble again with the death reset, I miss being able to move after the first death wears off especially when I am so close to leveling! Died all three times, the timer finished then reset counting down the next death when I should have been able to go out and train some more I was still stuck in town with the "You have died too many times and are too weak to adventure. For those with enough xp to be level 4 this means you can not move near a monster for..... First one said 10 minutes next one said 30 minutes, last one said 11, and none of them would let me go fight again and with only needing 16% until leveling it was frustrating.
Lavender

Hojo Musachi
I talk WAY too much

Postby Hojo Musachi » Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:09 pm

As this is a known bug, I feel you're setting yourself up for a frustration session by expecting it to magically fix itself before Coder or someone has a look. When you hit 2 deaths, wait a little bit.

"I'm afraid, Isoyami, I have probably already said more than was bought by the Knight's kiss " - Shaerih

Dimitri Petrov
Veteran

Postby Dimitri Petrov » Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:09 am

Or buy reset scrolls. Those still work.

Live life with no regrets.

Dabria
Social Leech

Postby Dabria » Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:19 am

Or perpetually farm (like me!) and never die again!

(Chance would be a fine thing ... I swear the statue doesn't have her scrolls in it!)
"Stabbing someone is no longer considered rude. Rather, it is now an acceptable method in which to end a conversation."
~Richard~

Quasha wrote:I'd pretend shock, but it's Dabria the Inappropriate.

Lavender
Social Leech

Postby Lavender » Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:46 pm

It was just one of those moments when you are SO close to leveling and something just happens to get you for your last death. And reset scrolls.... have you seen the prices on those! :roll: They are insane! My level 16 rogue can not afford those things! No matter, I am just glad to know it's being looked into.
Lavender

Return to “Bug Reports”