Bleeding Mechanic Gone?

Place bug reports here. Be as detailed as possible so we can try to reproduce the errors.
Blythe
I talk WAY too much

Re: Bleeding Mechanic Gone?

Postby Blythe » Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:28 pm

What do you mean by 'now'?
:-P

Anyway, I look forward to the bleeding mechanic returning. It offers a nice bit of RP opportunity. Nothing like leaving a bloody trail to get people wondering...
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D
Raffe Rychmin

10x2

Lavender
Social Leech

Postby Lavender » Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:32 pm

So now we have internal bleeding? 8O .... that's not good....
Lavender
Kindness is more important than wisdom, and the recognition of this
is the beginning of wisdom. –Theodore Issac Rubin.
It takes courage to be kind. - Maya Angelou.

quasha lavarte
Social Leech

Postby quasha lavarte » Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:53 am

I can treat that! :D
~ Stop throwing bread at me I am NOT a duck! ~
http://www.darkgrimoire.com/cshow48789.html

Blythe
I talk WAY too much

Postby Blythe » Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:38 am

Thank the gods!
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D
Raffe Rychmin

10x2

Dabria
Social Leech

Postby Dabria » Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:51 am

quasha lavarte wrote:I can treat that! :D

Assuming you can catch her out and about before the extreme blood loss renders you unconscious, that is! ;)
"Stabbing someone is no longer considered rude. Rather, it is now an acceptable method in which to end a conversation."
~Richard~

Quasha wrote:I'd pretend shock, but it's Dabria the Inappropriate.

Andy Feenix
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Andy Feenix » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:51 pm

Tarrin said
To be honest, I don't think anyone would complain if it stayed that way.
He was probably joking, but the bleeding did add another dimension to the Role Play aspect of the game. I haven't seen blood trails from others or bled myself in ages.
Andy Feenix
Wha' goes aroun' comes aroun'.
Andy's Campfire, Songs of Trinald

Isoyami
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Isoyami » Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:20 am

Andy Feenix wrote:Tarrin said
To be honest, I don't think anyone would complain if it stayed that way.
He was probably joking, but the bleeding did add another dimension to the Role Play aspect of the game. I haven't seen blood trails from others or bled myself in ages.

Agreed.
Awai Isoyami - 61003
"I fear no demon, for Ben is my Strength. I fear not death, for Cory is my Shield."

Drecq Lexenstar
New Adventurer

Postby Drecq Lexenstar » Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:16 am

I have read over this and looked at other thoughts on this and I personally agree that it does add an RP aspect that is fun. However that being said it takes away from the desire of having something that makes the "Warrior Class" appealing.

Think of it this way, if the Bleed system was working and active and had some weight and merit to it you then the Warrior would have the Salve Kit, a Cleric has the ability to use healing magic, an Enchanter has the ability to enchant weapons and armor, and the Rouge can pick locks. Everyone has their own unique talent and people would see this.

As it stands now the Warrior is the only class that DOES NOT have a unique ability or trait. Not to mention the Warrior already has a High Armor Cost, High Weapon Cost and now lacks a unique talent.

That said, I still play a Warrior cause I want to, but without any unique ability or talent it may discourage some players.

A suggestion would be maybe tweak the Salve Kits to add HP over time which would be like a Regen Potion in other games. The codding wouldn't change much so that would cut down on time it would take to recode. It could be applied to self or to others. Another idea would be to make it able to be used in combat and give it the same power as say...30 or so health potions. Again less coding and would require some tweaking but hopefully not enough to drive a poor Admin crazy over it.

Othern then that, if you want to ditch it as a special skill, stat, or trait that is designed to the Warrior then make a new skill that a Warrior will only have...such as a skill that increases Def for a short time, or one that increases Attack for a short time.

I think it just takes away from the overall feeling of the class when it has little that makes it unique. Just my opinion.

Zarock
Veteran

Postby Zarock » Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:53 am

There is the high level warrior books. Warriors have the best and strongest armour a d weapons along with a wide variety
I would rather try and look a fool, than not try for fear of looking a fool.
Zarock12804

Drecq Lexenstar
New Adventurer

Postby Drecq Lexenstar » Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:23 am

Zarock wrote:There is the high level warrior books. Warriors have the best and strongest armour a d weapons along with a wide variety

At a cost. Plus as I said, that only does so much, they have little in the way of any unique talents. Which will turn off most players.

Zarock
Veteran

Postby Zarock » Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:38 am

They are the strongest profession
Zarock12804

aryana_moonsong
Experienced Adventurer

Postby aryana_moonsong » Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:32 am

I have to agree with Drecq in regards to the fact that the lack of the bleeding mechanic does take away from the RP for a warrior. Yes, those warriors of higher level have a certain item that is unique to them but for the the lower levels, not being able to use the salve kits, really takes away a valuable RP part of the game for them

It used to be that when you were bleeding, you would look for a warrior who was awake and ask them for a salve, just the same way you always seek out an enchanter for a portal somewhere or enchantments while training, or a cleric for healing or blessings. Even though Ary was one of those that always seemed to be bleeding from the slightest injury, I would love to see the bleeding mechanic brought back for it gives the Warriors of all levels a special purpose.

Yes, warriors have the strongest armor and tend to be the strongest fighters, but that is nothing compared to having a unique ability to help the other classes out. This also goes for Clerics with their rings that stop the bleeding of all those nearby. From an RP stand point, I would love to see the bleeding mechanic back because it adds more depth to ones character and makes it so you have to seek out help and there for ask for help and get to know your resident warriors
*grins roguishly* Oh I just love being a rogue...dark corners, slipping through the shadows...*gets distracted suddenly by something bright and sparkly* and...SHINIES!!! *pounces on it and looks around* My...shiny...*pets the shiny*

Dimitri Petrov
Veteran

Postby Dimitri Petrov » Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:53 am

The mechanic isn't intended to be gone, they just haven't fixed it.

Zeric of Admin wrote:Technically some of you ARE bleeding. But it seems like the game isn't telling you or bringing down your health accordingly, so you can't really tell.

- Z

Live life with no regrets.

Zeric of Admin
'Rifterian

Postby Zeric of Admin » Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:03 am

Our intent is to fix this, we haven't removed it deliberately.

- Z

Doyle
Social Leech

Postby Doyle » Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:15 pm

As a side note Warriors do have a unique ability that no other profession has... though admiteddly unlike the others it cannot be used to help an ally.

zub zeron
New Adventurer

Postby zub zeron » Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:19 pm

what... *looks horrified* i have been bleeding with out knowing it... *kneels and prays to the gods* oh my precious blood! i am melting, i feel it now! *stands up with a bottle and traces his steps in search of blood to make a potion out of*
VALORN WILL NOT FALL, EVEN IF THAT IS THE LAST POTION I MAKE!

Dimitri Petrov
Veteran

Postby Dimitri Petrov » Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:35 pm

zub zeron wrote:what... *looks horrified* i have been bleeding with out knowing it... *kneels and prays to the gods* oh my precious blood! i am melting, i feel it now! *stands up with a bottle and traces his steps in search of blood to make a potion out of*

Given Zeric's explanation, it's obviously internal Zub ;)

Live life with no regrets.

Dabria
Social Leech

Postby Dabria » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:11 pm

Dimitri Petrov wrote:
zub zeron wrote:what... *looks horrified* i have been bleeding with out knowing it... *kneels and prays to the gods* oh my precious blood! i am melting, i feel it now! *stands up with a bottle and traces his steps in search of blood to make a potion out of*

Given Zeric's explanation, it's obviously internal Zub ;)

In which case, it isn't a bottle you are needing! ;)
"Stabbing someone is no longer considered rude. Rather, it is now an acceptable method in which to end a conversation."
~Richard~

Quasha wrote:I'd pretend shock, but it's Dabria the Inappropriate.

Lavender
Social Leech

Postby Lavender » Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:05 am

Makes me want to drag my healer everywhere and use her ring a lot to stop people from unknowingly bleeding!
Lavender
Kindness is more important than wisdom, and the recognition of this
is the beginning of wisdom. –Theodore Issac Rubin.
It takes courage to be kind. - Maya Angelou.

Zarock
Veteran

Postby Zarock » Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:53 pm

Drecq Lexenstar wrote:
Zarock wrote:There is the high level warrior books. Warriors have the best and strongest armour a d weapons along with a wide variety

At a cost. Plus as I said, that only does so much, they have little in the way of any unique talents. Which will turn off most players.

If you compare a enchanters spells tons clerics blessings (which are all better) the only draw an enchanter has are portals, which at level 45 You have to be noble to find them.
Zarock12804

Return to “Bug Reports”