The return of the lag demons

Place bug reports here. Be as detailed as possible so we can try to reproduce the errors.
Hojo Musachi
I talk WAY too much

Re: The return of the lag demons

Postby Hojo Musachi » Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:28 pm

20:28 GMT, I'm getting lag both in game and on the forum

"I'm afraid, Isoyami, I have probably already said more than was bought by the Knight's kiss " - Shaerih

Hojo Musachi
I talk WAY too much

Postby Hojo Musachi » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:34 pm

22:33, in game and on the forum.

Pages on both took a while to load

"I'm afraid, Isoyami, I have probably already said more than was bought by the Knight's kiss " - Shaerih

quasha lavarte
Social Leech

Postby quasha lavarte » Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:56 pm

Mmmhmm Ive been lagging pretty heavy off and on today. Thought it was just my connection.
~ Stop throwing bread at me I am NOT a duck! ~
http://www.darkgrimoire.com/cshow48789.html

Nih Betodaru
Veteran

Postby Nih Betodaru » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:22 pm

Extremely heavy lag from the moment of the Crier's call about the hat and book. On forum and in game.

Prompting Character Development since 2013. :wink:

Hojo Musachi
I talk WAY too much

Postby Hojo Musachi » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:22 pm

22:21 GMT, game and forum lag

Brisingr Blaze
Social Leech

Postby Brisingr Blaze » Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:58 pm

12:54PM CST in game lag for a few minutes. Seems to have cleared up at time of posting.

Dimitri Petrov
Veteran

Postby Dimitri Petrov » Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:45 pm

Loki's mentioned DG lagging to me (granted Loki's computer lags a lot ;) ), John Needles has been having issues connecting to the DG website since the new year, and I've been hitting patches of lag that persist through computer restarts.

I say patches because mine will come for an hour, during which time I'll be loading a page for 3 seconds when moving or refreshing, then be gone for several. I'm not sure if all of them are connected or not.

I've tested mine on IE (for the sake of confirming their new browser is horrible), Chrome, and Firefox. All are horribly slow. Ironically my phone which is usually slow (using Dolphin browser) is loading as fast as my computer normally does. I tested both on and off the WiFi.

Live life with no regrets.

Dabria
Social Leech

Postby Dabria » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:40 pm

Dimitri Petrov wrote:Loki's mentioned DG lagging to me (granted Loki's computer lags a lot ;) ), John Needles has been having issues connecting to the DG website since the new year, and I've been hitting patches of lag that persist through computer restarts.

I say patches because mine will come for an hour, during which time I'll be loading a page for 3 seconds when moving or refreshing, then be gone for several. I'm not sure if all of them are connected or not.

I've tested mine on IE (for the sake of confirming their new browser is horrible), Chrome, and Firefox. All are horribly slow. Ironically my phone which is usually slow (using Dolphin browser) is loading as fast as my computer normally does. I tested both on and off the WiFi.

I am getting exactly the same result as Dimitri, although I use Firefox on my cell phone. I just thought it was because my son was home from school over the Christmas period, and hitting the internet/PSN network hard! I am so glad to see that I don't have to argue with my ISP again!
"Stabbing someone is no longer considered rude. Rather, it is now an acceptable method in which to end a conversation."
~Richard~

Quasha wrote:I'd pretend shock, but it's Dabria the Inappropriate.

Ellyana Lilli
I talk WAY too much

Increasing Lag in DG

Postby Ellyana Lilli » Mon May 30, 2016 1:41 am

Okay so please be patient with my overly wordy attempt to clearly explain my issue here, but basically I have been experiencing increasingly higher levels of lag over the last last 4-5 months. Not in spurts but a more steady lag.

After the server change / move in 2014 was sorted DG was faster than it had ever been before but this has gradually gotten slower and now it can take me several seconds (sometimes 5-10) to do normal things; for pages to refresh / load as I move around, give blessing / heals, fighting, etc. Things becomes even slower still when there are special events or many big raids occurring (which I do understand.) DGing is still normal speedy at times. I notice it often will get faster very late at night / early morning but noticeably fluctuates with slowness more often these days, so definitely time to ask if Admin (and fellow DGers) have any idea what is up or can offer up some advice.

Some details that may or may not be helpful or relevant: I use Chrome and Firefox for playing DG. Hubster is a network engineer and has been doing support for so long I have lost track so our machines are custom built and well maintained, especially my feisty Femputer. We currently have Verizon FIOS 75/75Mbps and soon upgrading to 100/100Mbps, but since it is not the internet (everything else moves speedily and I use speedtest to confirm speeds) I do not see upgrading speeds making much difference for what I am experiencing in DG. Is there any chance an admin could check to see if my session is working optimally? Should I start keeping track of specific times and dates?

Hope this detailed feedback is appreciated, and maybe our terrific admin are aware something might be leaky or amiss, but if there is something else I can do / any thoughts to share that would be super great. :)

'When there's no more room in Hell, the dead will walk the Earth' ~George A. Romero
'Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart'

Ellyana - 118743

Zanaan
Veteran

Postby Zanaan » Mon May 30, 2016 2:07 am

5-10 seconds? I don't even get that during big raids. Have you tried clearing your Cache?
Order Adjutant Viviyana raises her hands to receive the Blessing of Zanaan's Presence , "Oh, thank you."

Ellyana Lilli
I talk WAY too much

Postby Ellyana Lilli » Mon May 30, 2016 3:13 am

Zanaan wrote:5-10 seconds? I don't even get that during big raids. Have you tried clearing your Cache?

Well, I probably count too fast but it is definitely not as responsive at times as it has been in the past. I do clear chrome every now and again and will do that again.
'When there's no more room in Hell, the dead will walk the Earth' ~George A. Romero

Ellyana - 118743

Dabria
Social Leech

Postby Dabria » Mon May 30, 2016 9:16 am

Ellyana Lilli wrote:
Zanaan wrote:5-10 seconds? I don't even get that during big raids. Have you tried clearing your Cache?

Well, I probably count too fast but it is definitely not as responsive at times as it has been in the past. I do clear chrome every now and again and will do that again.

I make it a habit to use CCleaner at the end of every computer session, especially a long DG one, where essentially you are opening a new page with every click. I will catch you later, because I don't want to bore the crap out of people with my PC care regime!
"Stabbing someone is no longer considered rude. Rather, it is now an acceptable method in which to end a conversation."
~Richard~

Ellyana Lilli
I talk WAY too much

Postby Ellyana Lilli » Mon May 30, 2016 9:56 am

I use CCleaner often as well.

Ellyana - 118743

bibi onyx
Adventurer

Postby bibi onyx » Tue May 31, 2016 3:07 am

Dabria, I loved your CCleaner link. I do it every time :)

Dabria
Social Leech

Postby Dabria » Tue May 31, 2016 6:40 pm

bibi onyx wrote:Dabria, I loved your CCleaner link. I do it every time :)

It really was a life saver for me! Handy little thing to have, isn't it?
~Richard~

Shadow
Adventurer

Postby Shadow » Tue May 31, 2016 7:01 pm

Dabria wrote:
bibi onyx wrote:Dabria, I loved your CCleaner link. I do it every time :)

It really was a life saver for me! Handy little thing to have, isn't it?

They have an app for smartphones that does the same things too, it's just as handy.

Return to “Bug Reports”