Bugs from the server move:

Place bug reports here. Be as detailed as possible so we can try to reproduce the errors.
Zanaan
Veteran

Bugs from the server move:

Postby Zanaan » Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:44 pm

Let's consolidate any bugs we've noticed regarding the changing of servers here so admins can tackle them as a unit:

What has been noticed so far:

Shiny metallic suit icon not working. UPDATE: FIXED (though possibly only on new suits, not existing ones.)

MAJOR ISSUE - Payments not triggering premium in game. We are aware of this and are working towards a solution. I will post separately about payments in updates. UPDATE: FIXED

MAJOR ISSUE - Nobody can create new characters (it brings up the 'only alphabet and spaces' error message.) UPDATE: FIXED

MAJOR ISSUE - Fight system not working properly. Monsters tagged as 'defender' or 'attacker' and fights have become endless. (We'll try and work this one out as soon as possible - in the mean time please bear with us.) UPDATE: FIXED

Kills this hour on home page not refreshing appropriately. UPDATE: FIXED

Subdirectory links on the links page broken. UPDATE: FIXED

All the maps (Killican, Ethucan, Valorn, and World) have their item icons broken. (They point to http://www.darkgrimoire.com/images/nov/SProfessionR.gif whereas they need to point to http://darkgrimoire.com/images/nov/SProfessionR.gif ) UPDATE: FIXED
Ferry ticket link also not working.

Description of the theatre is currently regarding fall festival decorations. (Though this may not have been caused by the move, but rather missed earlier) UPDATE: FIXED

Mirandine has a broken image (Link points to http://static.darkgrimoire.com whereas it needs to point to http://www.darkgrimoire.com/images/scen ... andine.gif ) UPDATE: FIXED

Ferdinand the bos' image loads inconsistently, sometimes points to correct image, other times to a local host address UPDATE: FIXED
Last edited by Zanaan on Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:07 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Order Adjutant Viviyana raises her hands to receive the Blessing of Zanaan's Presence , "Oh, thank you."

Zanaan
Veteran

Re: Bugs from the server move:

Postby Zanaan » Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:57 pm

Thank you Joy, added to the post
Order Adjutant Viviyana raises her hands to receive the Blessing of Zanaan's Presence , "Oh, thank you."

Isoyami
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Isoyami » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:49 pm

On the DG Links page, most of the subcategory links dont work. Example: Game Information (7) leads to:

The page you are looking for cannot be found.

Similar results are provided below, or you can try another search

Admin Edit: I actually can't get to that page at all. I get the darkgrimoire.com/dir page currently.
Awai Isoyami - 61003
"I fear no demon, for Ben is my Strength. I fear not death, for Cory is my Shield."

Zanaan
Veteran

Postby Zanaan » Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:08 pm

Added links page and Ferdinand the bos

Isoyami
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Isoyami » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:40 pm

A friend was having problems saving her profile description (she's noble.)

I tried deleting and saving Iso's description, then when I restore it back, it just reverts to a blank page.
Awai Isoyami - 61003
"I fear no demon, for Ben is my Strength. I fear not death, for Cory is my Shield."

Blythe
I talk WAY too much

Postby Blythe » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:51 pm

I didnt have any trouble editing profiles for my characters. Maybe they just fixed it really quickly.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D
Raffe Rychmin

10x2

Topaz
I talk WAY too much

Postby Topaz » Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:04 pm

The link for the Shieldwall guild forum does not work. (It is definitely the link, not the forum; from anywhere else it works.)

The "Kills This Hour" section seems to be freezing and not refreshing as things change.

Topaz

Lavender
Social Leech

Postby Lavender » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:21 am

Trying to train one of my characters and am getting this and the battle became endless....she was forced to run or die.

[DEFENDER] takes 9978 points of damage from Lavender Morgan 's attack, deflecting 4205
Lavender Morgan takes 4887 damage and deflects 4992 damage from [ATTACKER]
[DEFENDER] takes 9339 points of damage from Lavender Morgan 's attack, deflecting 4412
Lavender Morgan takes 4742 damage and deflects 4751 damage from [ATTACKER]
[DEFENDER] takes 9544 points of damage from Lavender Morgan 's attack, deflecting 4297
Lavender
Kindness is more important than wisdom, and the recognition of this
is the beginning of wisdom. –Theodore Issac Rubin.
It takes courage to be kind. - Maya Angelou.

Isoyami
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Isoyami » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:27 am

Agreed. Quick fighting monsters Isoyami can farm, and its not listed as them dropping any coin or experience.

Regularly attacking a demon scorpion, and the monster absorbed 20+ attacks, and only died after I hit the Quickfight button. Normally, quickfighting a demon scorpion kills it in four hits.

Edit: If I had to guess, it seems to be something with attacking the monsters that causes the battle to go on endlessly, while quickfighting ends the fights as normal. And since raids cant be quickfought.... they cant be killed.

This only seems to be happening after the Attacker / Defender change, it was working before.

[DEFENDER] has been defeated!
[DEFENDER] takes 4299 points of damage from Awai Isoyami 's attack, deflecting 747
Awai Isoyami takes no damage and deflects 1528 damage from [ATTACKER]
[DEFENDER] takes 3845 points of damage from Awai Isoyami 's attack, deflecting 809
Awai Isoyami takes no damage and deflects 1508 damage from [ATTACKER]
[DEFENDER] takes 3303 points of damage from Awai Isoyami 's attack, deflecting 765
Awai Isoyami takes no damage and deflects 1519 damage from [ATTACKER]
[DEFENDER] takes 4341 points of damage from Awai Isoyami 's attack, deflecting 759
Awai Isoyami takes no damage and deflects 1783 damage from [ATTACKER]
[DEFENDER] takes 4481 points of damage from Awai Isoyami 's attack, deflecting 796
Awai Isoyami takes no damage and deflects 1721 damage from [ATTACKER]
[DEFENDER] takes 3665 points of damage from Awai Isoyami 's attack, deflecting 743
Awai Isoyami takes no damage and deflects 1685 damage from [ATTACKER]
[DEFENDER] takes 4020 points of damage from Awai Isoyami 's attack, deflecting 761
Awai Isoyami takes no damage and deflects 1813 damage from [ATTACKER]
[DEFENDER] takes 4076 points of damage from Awai Isoyami 's attack, deflecting 812
Awai Isoyami takes no damage and deflects 1716 damage from [ATTACKER]
[DEFENDER] takes 3681 points of damage from Awai Isoyami 's attack, deflecting 806
Awai Isoyami takes no damage and deflects 1811 damage from [ATTACKER]
[DEFENDER] takes 4311 points of damage from Awai Isoyami 's attack, deflecting 774
Awai Isoyami takes no damage and deflects 1842 damage from [ATTACKER]
[DEFENDER] takes 3198 points of damage from Awai Isoyami 's attack, deflecting 806
Awai Isoyami takes no damage and deflects 1656 damage from [ATTACKER]
[DEFENDER] takes 4420 points of damage from Awai Isoyami 's attack, deflecting 781
Awai Isoyami takes no damage and deflects 1488 damage from [ATTACKER]
[DEFENDER] takes 4308 points of damage from Awai Isoyami 's attack, deflecting 787
Awai Isoyami takes no damage and deflects 1864 damage from [ATTACKER]
[DEFENDER] takes 3410 points of damage from Awai Isoyami 's attack, deflecting 787
Awai Isoyami takes no damage and deflects 1887 damage from [ATTACKER]

-snip-
Last edited by Isoyami on Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Awai Isoyami - 61003

Fiorbhinn
New Adventurer

Postby Fiorbhinn » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:46 am

the monsters in hunting preserve not dying when attempted to be killed by 48+ level character which they should be dying like earlier in the day

Gerse
New Adventurer

Postby Gerse » Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:10 am

Raids are having same issue with fighting.

PhynixDawn
New Adventurer

Postby PhynixDawn » Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:50 am

I may be wrong with this, but I started a new noble character (and it has been a long while since I did) but i though there used to be a Mentor list you could use to contact people in game (if this is only for non-nobles I am sorry posting here, but it has been so long since I created a new character I could not recall) Just thought i would let someone know.

HashNotAdam

Postby HashNotAdam » Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:46 am

Hi guys

Can you please confirm that there are still issues with the fights being endless? I have been unable to reproduce this issue so, if you are still seeing it, can I ask you to consider if there could be something about the fights/characters/etc that may be consistent amongst those seeing the issue that wouldn't be seen by a new player?

I believe the following to be fixed:
  • [DEFENDER]/[ATTACKER]
  • kills this hour
  • subdirectories on the Links page

The maps issues is actually a case sensitivity problem. The file names have been transitioned from .GIF to .gif however I don't actually know where those images are used; could someone check for me?

Zanaan
Veteran

Postby Zanaan » Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:52 am

Maps are fixed, just checked.

Isoyami
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Isoyami » Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:34 pm

PhynixDawn wrote:i though there used to be a Mentor list you could use to contact people in game (if this is only for non-nobles I am sorry posting here, but it has been so long since I created a new character I could not recall) Just thought i would let someone know.

I think that once you get a character over level 13 on your account, any character created on that same account after that is not considered a "new" character anymore, and so does not get the mentor list. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

The issue with fighting monsters, both the [attacker] / [defender], and the attack button leading to endless fights, seems to be working properly now.
Awai Isoyami - 61003

Isoyami
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Isoyami » Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:16 pm

A friend of mine ( http://www.darkgrimoire.com/showchar.php?char=190953 ) tried to buy a bearskin armor at the merchant in Milltown, that should have cost 23 plat.

She went to the merchant, bought the armor, and she didnt get charged, so now she has both a bearskin armor and 23 plat still in her inventory. When I went to try it myself, the plat was deducted normally from my total.

I dont know what happened, but better safe than sorry.

ADMIN UPDATE -- I'm unable to replicate this. If anyone else gets this kind of issue, please let me know.
Awai Isoyami - 61003

Blythe
I talk WAY too much

Postby Blythe » Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:58 pm

I have noticed the World Crier only reports 'sparse reports of trouble!' And never reports 'there is fighting still going on!'
And I know I've seen the Marc turn right after a raid- when he should've said there was fighting going on.
Raffe Rychmin

10x2

Brisingr Blaze
Social Leech

Postby Brisingr Blaze » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:07 pm

Not fully sure if this has anything to do with the server move, but my PM's IG are showing a two hour difference from my time zone ex. Its 11:06am CST for me and a message would show 9:06am which I think is PST. Usually its only been off like that briefly in the past during the changing of daylight savings.

Blythe
I talk WAY too much

Postby Blythe » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:11 pm

Bris,
That is most likely because the server moved to a different time zone :)
Just a guess as it was noted before that PMs were in central time because that is where the servers were located.
Raffe Rychmin

10x2

Brisingr Blaze
Social Leech

Postby Brisingr Blaze » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:20 pm

Ah thanks Raffe,

That'd definitely explain things.

Return to “Bug Reports”