Terrible Lag

Place bug reports here. Be as detailed as possible so we can try to reproduce the errors.
Hojo Musachi
I talk WAY too much

Terrible Lag

Postby Hojo Musachi » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:48 pm

It's just stopped at 21:47, but there was frustrating amount of lag for several minutes.

"I'm afraid, Isoyami, I have probably already said more than was bought by the Knight's kiss " - Shaerih

purazon
Social Leech

Re: Terrible Lag

Postby purazon » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:42 pm

might want to add your time zone if you add the hour.
Purazon 12387

Today is yesterday's tomorrow. Enjoy it.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero.
Trinaldian Archives - Library

Hojo Musachi
I talk WAY too much

Postby Hojo Musachi » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:59 am

GMT.

And the lag didn't end then, I gave up and logged out at 10pm.

"I'm afraid, Isoyami, I have probably already said more than was bought by the Knight's kiss " - Shaerih

Lavender
Social Leech

Postby Lavender » Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:59 am

Your not the only one that it happened to I also had to shut down the game due to lag couldn't even sign out just had to hit the "x" to make the screen close then got back in a few minutes later and signed out was afraid to play due to lag and that's been happening a lot to me and only with DG all other sites work.
Lavender
Kindness is more important than wisdom, and the recognition of this
is the beginning of wisdom. –Theodore Issac Rubin.
It takes courage to be kind. - Maya Angelou.

Sreip
Veteran

Postby Sreip » Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:36 am

Past few days, been experiencing some terrible lag myself.

Starts about six hours before nightly maintenance and seems to lag right up until maintenance ends. Screen refresh taking 10-15 seconds. So moving from say Milltown to Dundee is taking like five minutes. Sometimes get an error message about the server being unable to upload the page and have to reload the page again.
Here's Chrome's error msg -
No data received
Unable to load the webpage because the server sent no data.
Here are some suggestions:
Reload this web page later.
Error 324 (net::ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE): The server closed the connection without sending any data.

Happening at any time, not just the normal slow down at the changing of a marc or top of the hour. Lag to go to messages, to send a message, to view inventory, everything. Sometimes it's okay for 2-3 moves, then it lags up again.
Cleared cache. Cleared cookies. Cleared everything. No improvement. Experiemented with all other tabs/pages closed. Experimented with No other programs running.
Same problems using Chrome or IE. Yup, I know DG's configured primarily for Firefox. Will download that and try again.
Checked with other DG players active when I experience lag. They were reporting same issues.
Fighting - same thing. Click attack, waiting 10+ seconds sometimes. Answered a raid a couple of days ago. Myself and Marook Lentai both experienced bad lag fighting one creature; took well over a minute due to lag for both of us. That was the worst one, in terms of just how long it took for page refresh. Should've been dead within 5-10 seconds tops.
About all the info I have at the moment.
"... who, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat." -Roosevelt

Sreip Enudreklaw #55234

Hacken
New Adventurer

Postby Hacken » Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:38 pm

I'm in PDT, but the lag seems to be nearly 24/7 of late making the game unplayable. I've experienced it with Chrome, IE9, Mozilla and Safari. I've been able to demonstrate it on two different ISP's, multiple WiFi and even 3G service through a Windows phone and an iphone (although the slowest device oddly is the fastest and playing via 3G cdma is currently the best option). Chrome is throwing more frequent 324 Empty Response errors and IE9/Win7 is trying to diagnose some sort of network failure without success. Everything is pointing toward server-side response error. Hope this helps.

Topaz
I talk WAY too much

Postby Topaz » Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:52 pm

I have had chronic lag problems also, and notice that it no longer is confined to evenings but now affects mornings as well ("morning" and "evening" referring to EST).

It makes no difference whether I use Explorer or Firefox.

Topaz

[Null]
Experienced Adventurer

Postby [Null] » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:22 pm

Dear Admin,

Is there anything that we can do to help remedy this situation? Are the equipments on the blink and in need of repair/upgrade?

Please don't be insulted by my bluntness. I'm just going to throw it out there: If this is the case, I would be willing to contribute over the usual subscription towards the costs of any work that needs doing. Let us know.

Regards,
Lucius' Person.
Lucius

sust
Adventurer

Postby sust » Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:02 am

I have noticed that when the Lag is really bad , the stuff in my pack get rearranged and goes back to the way it was when the lag stops.

Anu Shadowryder

purazon
Social Leech

Postby purazon » Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:58 am

For what it's worth: I've not been experiencing any unusual lags lately. Certainly no more then has been the case over the last years or so. (actually I have the impression DG runs a bit smoother for me then has been over the last years - )

I'm using firefox 3.6.18 with OS: WinXP.

Let me know if there's any more useful info I'd be able to deliver to solve the problem others are experiencing.
Purazon 12387

Today is yesterday's tomorrow. Enjoy it.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero.
Trinaldian Archives - Library

Aikia
New Adventurer

Postby Aikia » Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:36 am

I've been having some of the same issues Sreip has, I'm a Chrome user myself. Out of the blue just starts going slower and slower, sometimes times out the request. Close off, get back on, clear all cache etc and still lags.

Not a terrible lag all things considered, but when your used to click, click, click within seconds...its making a big difference.

Edited to add: I've also been trying to play through WiFi on my Ipod touch. Usually its been going relatively fast all things considered with the small device. But it has also been noticeably slower and difficult to play on.

Sreip
Veteran

Postby Sreip » Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:10 am

Eight hours before nightly maintenance, got on my cell phone and tried(internet explorer browser) - lag was better. Tried on my DSi (Opera internet browser)- lag was better. Both using WiFi that was not in my home.

A little more than four hours before nightly maintenance, use cell phone using home wifi - no lag.
Get home on PC, hardline.
Still had lag, but for the first time in days, was _better_, but still noticeably there. 1-2 seconds to refresh screen for movement, pms, inventory screens, etc. So far, no error messages what so ever.
Here's the odd part.
There had been a raid about five minutes before I logged on, at the previous marc. Was in raid area and was timing lag as I was checking it out (A contingent of Veteran demons attacking Fartown). The very next marc, i.e., five minutes AFTER I logged on, another raid was called(Gremlins raiding Dundee market, stop them as they flee to the plains), and suddenly everything went back to normal clicky speed. No lag at all. Been that way for a half hour.
Only mentioning raids because don't know if relevant to the computer people looking into the lag problem. :D
Using Chrome again. Windows 7. Had not cleared cache/temp pages for couple of days.

Will post again if lag returns during this gaming session.
"... who, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat." -Roosevelt

Sreip Enudreklaw #55234

sashtan
Experienced Adventurer

Postby sashtan » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:57 pm

Oops! This link appears broken.
DNS error occurred. Server cannot be found.

Suggestion - visit suggested links:
Buy Dark Grimoire at Amazon Low Prices on Dark Grimoire. Free UK Delivery on Amazon Orders Amazon.co.uk/books - Sponsored Result

or try search:

i got this at about 18:50 uk time today on an auto refresh of dialogue window

not sure if it is anythiing to do with this but thought it may be worth mentioning

rangrat
New Adventurer

Postby rangrat » Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:06 am

It sounds like the server is getting too full, my recommendation would be to buy a new server(sadly it would probably increase the subscription prices) or add another Database and link it to this one.

Return to “Bug Reports”