"Old fashioned" role-play

A place to post what you like about the game.
Hojo Musachi
I talk WAY too much

"Old fashioned" role-play

Postby Hojo Musachi » Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:00 am

I don't mean role-play done by old peole , I mean the kind that was all over DG.
The small gesture, the hour long conversation about everything and anything except the main point whilst throwing in an emote to enhance a facial expression or physical movement. Each time trying to think of a new and better way to explain an action or reaction.
Great fun.

And it *is* different from normal, daily role-play because that is routine now and is also different. But this is a rave and not a rant...

So yay! for the old fashioned role-playing moments. :D

"I'm afraid, Isoyami, I have probably already said more than was bought by the Knight's kiss " - Shaerih

Sephoroth
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Sephoroth » Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:51 am

Personally I think that's more of 'good' RP, at least in my opinnion. Not much for how it has been played out lately, maybe I'm just biased since how you described 'old-fashioned RP', is how I remember it being when I started.

I'll have to get around a bit more than the typical rooms I keep my chars at now, hearing that it's still around some. Gotta pick up on some of this myself. :)
Sephoroth - 67628
Trevious Bladesing - 79518
Drekalar - 95623
Marcus Argura - 137806

AKA Azure
I talk WAY too much

Postby AKA Azure » Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:33 pm

Always good to see!
Azure Greenhills 83729
Lineages!

Aroha
New Adventurer

Postby Aroha » Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:11 pm

Ummm, if that's "old fashioned RP .. what's "normal" RP? I kinda thought the whole point to text based RP was to type out what you were doing and how you were expressing something not just to "say" things .. I'm a little confused .. sorry ..

Blythe
I talk WAY too much

Postby Blythe » Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:48 pm

Just take it with a grain of salt, Aroha. :D Raves (and especially a descriptor such as 'old fashioned') are completely subjective but all in the good spirit of YAYS!

Personally, I love RPing the hour long conversation and in depth descriptions of interactions - and like many people I dont always have the time, set up or opportunity for higher quality interactions.

So, YAY! :D
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D
Raffe Rychmin

10x2

Aroha
New Adventurer

Postby Aroha » Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:29 pm

I believe I understand, I remember a time when Dundee town square was a place to find a random bard telling tales of heros, and the Inn was full of drunks telling their own wild stories.

But the world changes, some come, some go, and others return.

I enjoy a good RP too, though mine keep being interrupted by my connection dieing on me and me needing to call my ISP and tell them just what I think of them ... but as a mum of two demanding children I completely understand not having the time or ability to sit in one place and RP, as sometimes I'm battling zombies while cooking dinner or dueling with morbid mallards while doing washing .. joys of the multitasking woman gene *grins*

But it must be said, I'm really enjoying the opportunities I do get to RP with other adventurers, it's awesomeness wrapped in perfection and drizzled with chocolate *grins*

Return to “Raves”