The 10-Minute Activity on Mentors list

A place to post what you like about the game.
carlo aggaruzzi
I talk WAY too much

The 10-Minute Activity on Mentors list

Postby carlo aggaruzzi » Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:09 pm

While I reviewed material a few minutes ago, it occurred to me that I had failed to rave about this change Ben made in February. It doesn't look like much. It's a simple change. It's nothing that experienced players even get to see. But I think it was a significant change for the good.

In January, I wrote* about how I use a Mentor Registration form to remove my character from the Mentors list when I'm about to log off. It spares new players the potential frustration of getting no answer. New players do not always understand that the numbers on the Mentors list indicate a character's inactivity and possible log off.

The 10-minute limit cuts the chance to one-third what it used to be. I think it is a well-chosen duration. I think it's an excellent, simple change, with lasting benefits to new players.

*http://www.darkgrimoire.com/bb/ftopic7835.Mentoring+A+Courteous+Trick+and+Mentoring+Costs+No+Money.html

Maerad
New Adventurer

Postby Maerad » Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:57 pm

I second this!

Both of my chars are mentors, and before the changes, I would come online to find pm's from new adventurers. I hated when that happened because I did not want to them to think I was ignoring them!

Now, it rarely happens, thanks to the wonderful cut down to ten minutes!

Thank you!

Jade Silvermoon
Adventurer

Postby Jade Silvermoon » Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:45 am

Wonderful Carlos I also want to say great job :lol:

Return to “Raves”