Enforcing gameplay rule 5

A place to post what you like about the game.
superduck
I talk WAY too much

Enforcing gameplay rule 5

Postby superduck » Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:22 pm

Great news! :)

Thorin the Dainty.

As it says to the left......I talk WAY too much. ;)
And yes, I am fully aware that currently it says so to the right, rather than the left, which used to be the location for said line, but I am simply too lazy to change it for you.

Viktor Blackheart
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Viktor Blackheart » Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:42 pm

A agree with this, Now we have much, much, MUCH less people leaving 'shout outs' in the profile and are now putting in DESCRIPTIONS! Ironic, eh? :)

Sephoroth
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Sephoroth » Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:11 pm

I always thought was funny to imagine ppl having their life story written down on their forehead... (j/k)

seriously though, ppl now actually have to RP in a RPing game to know about ppl, very much appreciated on my end, wtg admin(s).

Corwin Skyborn
Social Leech

Postby Corwin Skyborn » Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:30 am

Having the "Encyclopedia Trinaldia" type of profiles go bye bye is a VERY GOOD improvement....
Trying to make sense of gods and goddesses has led many men to ruin. I suggest you avoid it from now on.
-Ben-

sashtan
Experienced Adventurer

Postby sashtan » Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:27 am

yes i think its great too

i actually realised that nobody knew what sash looked like after reviewing mine as i never really looked at it closely before

well done again admin :D

carlo aggaruzzi
I talk WAY too much

Postby carlo aggaruzzi » Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:27 am

I want to highlight Sashtan's post above this one. I'll add boldface to it.

i actually realised that nobody knew what sash looked like after reviewing mine as i never really looked at it closely before

I hope players will continue to recognize that omission in their profiles, and that new players will be more likely to describe their characters.

Compare now to then. I venture to say, five weeks ago the majority of profiles were filled with: lists of friends, adoptions, relatives, guild mates, mentors, acquaintances, current loves, past loves, forgotten loves, lost loves, rejected loves, confused loves, imagined loves; thank yous for anything and everything down to trivial things; lists of cannon rides, crystals gained, spells gained, xp acquired, critical hits, and routine quests completed; and advertisements for guilds, guild events, and personal events. Character descriptions were lost in all that. In an individual profile, a paragraph describing the character was forgotten or hidden amid paragraphs of the rest. Across DG, good character profiles were crowded out by all the rest. Bad examples were followed more often than good examples because the bad examples were more numerous and because they seemed to promise more happy-slappy, huggling, snuggling, adopting, adoring, alluring, and amoring attention.

I don't see a surge in the number of profiles providing descriptions, but all those that exist are now more noticeable because the other slop is gone. I hope also that it is easier for players to notice when they lack a meaningful character description. Physical appearance is important to developing a worthy character. As I wrote in "On Role-Playing"
Know your character’s physical appearance. Looks and physique influence a person’s experience and development ... if you do not know what your character looks like, no one can.

Ben's announcments and moderators' actions effected a positive change in just five weeks. Cheers for that. And I hope it produces RP benefits beyond the elimination of lists and drivel.

Corwin Skyborn
Social Leech

Postby Corwin Skyborn » Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:01 am

Don't we all kinda miss clicking on someones profile to send them a message and then having to scroll down for 38 seconds to get past the peoms, stories, family history, adventuring log, daily thought, current mood, current wardrobe, favorite beverages, most hated enemies, and plans for the future and finally get to the message text slot so I could send them a message....

ok actually NOBODY misses it :)
Trying to make sense of gods and goddesses has led many men to ruin. I suggest you avoid it from now on.

-Ben-

AKA Azure
I talk WAY too much

Postby AKA Azure » Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:25 am

Very true Carlo, I find profiles much more enjoyable to look at, and actually click on them more frequently as I can now (more often) see who my character is interacting with.

Exact height and weight etc don't have to be listed but a general appearance does help alot! With RP especially, you know if you're looking up or down, put off by an aloof expression, etc.

x.sweetnsour.x
Adventurer

Postby x.sweetnsour.x » Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:09 am

Yeah, I love clicking on other peoples' profiles to see what they look like. :D It's my favourite hobby on here. My profiles might not be "perfect" but at least it shows what Ermin/Tanja are all about. :wink:
Player of Ermin Appleblossom #124670

Return to “Raves”