Premium accounts

A place to post what you like about the game.
Cory
Site Admin

Postby Cory » Thu Jan 15, 2004 10:38 pm

All premiums get titles, this is just the first incarnation and those titles will probably be different for some people depending on factors undecided yet.

Non-premiums get titles by having the appropriate stature. If you are important enough to make top 10, then you earn one premium or not.

The surname titles were mainly awarded to some of the first people to become a profession when they were new. They are also awarded for very rarely for events and such.

Ben is correct in saying that we do have to save some of the nicer features for premium, as thats what encourages them to pay for your bandwidth. If it weren't for the premium players, the free players would not be able to play either due to costs. Extra features that make everyone jealous of them is what premium is all about, and of course the greatly increased load time which lets them run around doing things faster.
[url=http://darkgrimoire.com/cshow31.html:ob7uupbm]Cory[/url:ob7uupbm]
President/Developer Grimoire Entertainment Inc.
[url=http://darkgrimoire.com/contact.php:ob7uupbm]Click here to Contact an admin[/url:ob7uupbm]

bigbgz23
New Adventurer

re

Postby bigbgz23 » Thu Jan 15, 2004 11:47 pm

i just mentioned the title thing... i didnt say anything about not paying and getting perks.. it was an idea .. and grom sorry but an idea i dont think is childish .. and i didnt say one player was better than others. so grom your the one bringing up childish stuff

Grom Hellscream
Social Leech

Postby Grom Hellscream » Thu Jan 15, 2004 11:49 pm

I'm not even going to bother...

justintyme

Postby justintyme » Fri Jan 16, 2004 12:49 am

I think titles for non premiums should get titles like we do in our normal lives.

the bum justin tyme.
the serf justin tyme.
the destitute justin tyme.
the impoverished justin tyme.

there are so many you could pick from. :lol:

Tataniya
Veteran

Postby Tataniya » Fri Jan 16, 2004 1:04 am

The whole reason non-premium dont get titles is to give them one extra perk that premium get.

Its an extra benefit of being premium.

They aren't going to change it.

Let it go.
Clan of the Shrouded Bunnies
The Map Vault (Old Link)

I'm not quiet, I'm plotting.

Magestorm Allgoode
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Magestorm Allgoode » Fri Jan 16, 2004 1:28 am

Actually, I thought the only title that premiums get is Noble. the others I thought were either earned by stature or in the game somehow.
Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn.
Never hold a belching contest with a dragon.

Deek
Social Leech

Postby Deek » Fri Jan 16, 2004 10:33 am

The professions titles were gained when people had to quest for their professions...

the Powerful - Enchanter
the Sly - Rogue
the Holy - Cleric
the Fierce - Warrior

Before scripting came into play you had to wait for either Cory or Ben to be on-line playing one of the trainers, who would then send you on some quest to retrieve several items - which usually cost you lots of time and money, and the title was a reward for completeing all the quests.

The stature titles are given to those people who promote the game, by encouraging people to at least visit the main page to see what the game is about. Those in places 2 to 10 get the title Lord, and the person who occupies the top spot gets High Lord.

It was only recently the title The Noble was introduced to offer something back to the premium players. As already said, this is to give something a little bit "gucci" to those people who help to pay for the running of the game. It will also identify those people who are premium players to everybody else.

There is one other title that anybody can have... the Marked - but I'm not going to tell you how you can get that, although it is open to anybody - not just premium players ;)

bigbgz23
New Adventurer

hmmm

Postby bigbgz23 » Fri Jan 16, 2004 6:54 pm

i was really curios about the marked title , didnt know anyone could get it !!!! well thanks for yhe info deek

Cory
Site Admin

Postby Cory » Fri Jan 16, 2004 7:28 pm

Tehre will be more titles then Noble, I'm just waiting to get it fully implemented before expanding it.

[url=http://darkgrimoire.com/contact.php:ob7uupbm]Click here to Contact an admin[/url:ob7uupbm]

Speaking of titles....

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 16, 2004 7:53 pm

At what point do the extended titles come into play?

And I am definitely in favor of a discount at the shops. I love sales!! LOL

unknown

friend list

Postby unknown » Fri Jan 16, 2004 8:33 pm

ok its good the premium members get perks there is just one thing i think everyone should get and that is the friends list... it is nearly impossible to talk to people while on the game if u dont pay .. and once your level gets high there isnt even a mentor tab to look and see who is on .. this would make the game a bit easier to communicate... it would be very helpful!! well its just an idea!! i think its a good idea though

Tataniya
Veteran

Postby Tataniya » Fri Jan 16, 2004 8:39 pm

I think the Friends List is one of the biggest perks of being a Premium member. Making it available to everyone would almost eliminate the entire reason for being premium.

Everyone please remember that Premium costs are not just there for Cory to make money (which he is hardly doing on this game, in fact most of the time its run at a loss for hime) its to help pay for the costs of our playing. Since he knows that not everyone can afford to pay for the game, he wants to keep it free, but he also needs to feed his own family over paying for our bandwidth.
The Map Vault (Old Link)

Tataniya
Veteran

Postby Tataniya » Fri Jan 16, 2004 8:40 pm

P.S. One easy way I kept in touch with people when I didnt have premium, was to hold onto messages from them. I kept one from each person so I had a quick link to thier profile through them.
The Map Vault (Old Link)

reyco
Experienced Adventurer

Postby reyco » Fri Jan 16, 2004 8:48 pm

you can also record their character numbers (its in the address when you pm someone.). when you want to get ahold of someone, simply go to anyone's pom screen and replace that character id numbers.
The holy-land doesn't really seem all that holy these days... More like the murder capital of the world.

Magestorm Allgoode
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Magestorm Allgoode » Fri Jan 16, 2004 9:00 pm

Yes, there are a hundred ways to bypass the friends list. However, I have found that since becoming a premium member, That the Friends list is really invaluable, as you can see when they last did anything. Helpful so you don't send a message, and wonder if they are there, decided not to answer, or just AFK a mo.

Some of the other perks are great too. IMO, if Cory decided to add a feature to premium members that gives premium players an advantage, that is fine. While those who are not premium can play, I think it would be just fine if premium members got something that helps them thru the game a little bit. Things like a premium store with a small discount on equipment and potions (10%-20%) wouldn't unbalance the game a lot, but gives a premium player the feeling he is getting some more bang for their buck.
Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn.

Never hold a belching contest with a dragon.

Cory
Site Admin

Postby Cory » Fri Jan 16, 2004 9:20 pm

The whole place their charnumber in the bar to send them a message is fine with me. I agree that its a huge disadvantage not having the friends list, but that was never on the free accounts, it was premium from day 1. The free accounts do get a minifriends list until level 10 to let them know what its like, but thats like shareware, plus it makes it easy to get help.

Ben
Lead Worldbuilder

Postby Ben » Fri Jan 16, 2004 9:25 pm

There are things like that already. Enchanters can teleport at will once they get a bag of powder... non premium enchanters have to buy two items anytime they want to port somewhere. Rogues are stuck buying lockpick after lockpick... but not the premiums, whose lockpicks can be used infinitely. Premiums can move much faster than no premiums, due to the ads being gone. Premiums have more bank space, allowing them to store more stuff.

Last, premiums have an extra life per hour... a HUGE advantage.

The premium life is a jolly life. =)
Ben
Grimoire Entertainment Inc.
Click HERE to contact Ben or another Admin. Actually, don't contact Ben, he's somewhat pretty much retired.

zelaria
New Adventurer

Postby zelaria » Sat Jan 17, 2004 1:24 am

Just a thought....

Have there ever been premium quests? I think that would be fun...

Illuvator
Veteran

Postby Illuvator » Sat Jan 17, 2004 3:23 am

I can't keep messages in my message box, they dont usually stay, espeicially around the september-november time period. they kept deleting themselves.
LOOK OVER THERE!
*runs away*

Grom Hellscream
Social Leech

Postby Grom Hellscream » Sat Jan 17, 2004 4:02 am

...They delete within a week after you receive them...

Return to “Raves”