Resetting stats

A place to post what you like about the game.
Thomas Covenant
I talk WAY too much

Resetting stats

Postby Thomas Covenant » Mon Oct 27, 2003 2:01 pm

Brilliant idea !
I had been putting off resetting mine due to lack of coins and a few of you guys had offered to loan me some to buy the "reset scroll" but I noticed it went up in price, so I reckoned it was going to take me even longer but now I get it for free yyyyiiiipppeeeeeeeeeeee :D

Don't you just love beta testing (most of the time :roll: )

Glad I haven't got that apprenticeship form signed yet.
MMMhhh what do I want to be (apart from as rich and famous as Ben and Cory will some day surely be :wink: )

Cory
Site Admin

Postby Cory » Mon Oct 27, 2003 5:01 pm

oh yeah, rich :) I just want to break even :P

deathtongue
Veteran

Postby deathtongue » Tue Oct 28, 2003 1:18 am

come on cory, eventually this game's premium subsribers will be giving you your beer money and after that we will mabye pay for more and more of your personal expenses, along with the whole bandwidth thing

ps. i would buy a shirt that only says "Dark Grimoire" on it, just black with white or red lettering, if you are ever interested in that

Cerberus
I talk WAY too much

Postby Cerberus » Tue Oct 28, 2003 1:43 am

deathtongue, you seem to overestimate how many people are actually paying him...

i'm sure he could tell you and i wouldn't be surprised if it barely makes it into two digits...

even with more people coming in and deciding to be premium members, more and more free people will be coming along as well, they take up bandwidth and the servers will have to be upgraded again...

odds are very high this game will never be worth his time in a monetary value...

he does it to keep up his skills and for enjoyment i would assume...i admin'd a game before and its quite pleasing to see people enjoy your hardwork to set it up for them...to actually write a game...thats just amazing in my book...

there is a lot of negative feedback in these forums, and i'm partially to blame, but this game for what it is, is something special.

Tataniya
Veteran

Postby Tataniya » Tue Oct 28, 2003 2:42 am

Alot of these online games are operated at the owners expense. There are very few, if any, out there that actually pull in a profit. Alot of the staff are voluteers, and most of the survival costs are managed by the generosity of players.
Clan of the Shrouded Bunnies
The Map Vault (Old Link)

I'm not quiet, I'm plotting.

deathtongue
Veteran

Postby deathtongue » Tue Oct 28, 2003 3:56 am

he wont need taht much beer money if he spends all his time updating a game, by other expenses i meant laundry and stuff
this game isnt gonna become a cash cow but it will still help or should

Cerberus
I talk WAY too much

Postby Cerberus » Tue Oct 28, 2003 3:59 am

doubtful.

he still has a lot of money he's poured into the game to make back

deathtongue
Veteran

Postby deathtongue » Tue Oct 28, 2003 4:08 am

untill then he will throw a few bucks to beer accasionally

Return to “Raves”