Hentez - Icons & Just Hentez

A place to post what you like about the game.
carlo aggaruzzi
I talk WAY too much

Hentez - Icons & Just Hentez

Postby carlo aggaruzzi » Mon May 15, 2006 10:56 pm

From what I understand, Hentez has contributed many of the in-game icons that have been added to DG during the last 12-18 months. Seventeen months ago, I wrote a rave about the icons that were new then, but I have seen no raves about them since (though 9 months ago, Cerberus & Jimmy Kitten added posts to the thread I started).
http://www.darkgrimoire.com/bb/ftop3737-0-asc-0.html

So I would like to say thanks to Hentez the player for his efforts, his generosity.

While I'm at it, talking about Hentez and generosity, I want to tell you of a significant interaction in character that my character, Mylor, had with Hentez almost two years ago.

Mylor was level 7 or 8. Not many characters had professions back then, but Hentez was a cleric and might have been near the maximum level at the time. Mylor, Llywell, and Ryvaeus were gaining a little bit of attention, but none of us spent prime time in Dundee Inn. But I have always put plenty of words in Mylor's mouth, and so fell into an IC conversation with Hentez during a visit to Dundee. As he has done with many low-level acquaintances, Hentez gave Mylor two hundred healing potions. He would take nothing in return. He only bid Mylor remember and be generous with other deserving people in the future. The two hundred potions was enough that Mylor was never out of potions and money again, and was able from then on to give them freely to his companions in needy times. Mylor gave gifts of 200 potions to quite a few people after that and called it "the gift of Hentez" when asked or when someone tried to insist on paying for them.

Hentez didn't just give Mylor potions, and he gave him the means to help people with whom Mylor was forming friendships. He gave Mylor the chance to be someone who could afford to be generous, which was new for the character (not just in the time played, but also including the background story for him). As a role-player, that opportunity for character growth was more valuable than the little bit of plat-earning time he saved me. If Hentez had merely given the potions to Mylor and had little to say, maybe I'd have thought through a good reason why and put some meaning into it, but I didn't need to make up all of it; Hentez had role-played the scene and it inspired in me ideas for how it would affect my character. For that effort and generosity in play, I thank Hentez even more.

Hentez
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Hentez » Mon May 15, 2006 11:01 pm

*smiles* What can I say but, Thank you. Your words are to kind.
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. "

Islander
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Islander » Wed May 17, 2006 6:25 pm

Hentez RoKs!! :D

artzamy23
Adventurer

Postby artzamy23 » Wed May 17, 2006 8:33 pm

Hentez,

Thank you so much for the icons. I did not know who to thank, and you have been nice to me in the game.

~Thaliea
Please remember that we have to share the Earth. Let us not think that we are the sole owners and that those around us are merely paying rent.

Thaliea, #62516

JKD
I talk WAY too much

Postby JKD » Thu May 18, 2006 2:53 pm

Yay for Hentez :)!
http://www.remnantsofkimald.org/forums/index.php
My signature pic takes you to the Guild site. The link takes you to the Guild Forums.

RoK on!

Return to “Raves”