Farewell......

A place to post what you like about the game.
Thomas Covenant
I talk WAY too much

Postby Thomas Covenant » Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:03 pm

I stand corrected :oops:

Ben
Lead Worldbuilder

Postby Ben » Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:04 pm

Hmm. Interesting stuff. But I really do hate the fancy-pants way the New Yorker people write their articles.

“I instantly realized that everything in my life that I’d thought was unfixable was totally fixable—except for having just jumped.â€
Ben
Grimoire Entertainment Inc.
Click HERE to contact Ben or another Admin. Actually, don't contact Ben, he's somewhat pretty much retired.

Thomas Covenant
I talk WAY too much

Postby Thomas Covenant » Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:08 pm

I was going to coment on the article as well, but just assumed that was the style in the American press - bit different to over here (depending on what paper you read). I would say it was a bit long-winded in getting to the point - but hey the reporter might just be out of Uni and trying to get noticed :?

Ben
Lead Worldbuilder

Postby Ben » Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:16 pm

The New Yorker is a magazine, not a newspaper, written by snobby guys smoking pipes and drinking bourbon who are trying to be clever and intelligent and, well, sorta British, but failing miserably. Throw in a few horribly drawn and quite stupid political cartoons and nightmare-inducing cover art and you have... The New Yorker, theoretically one of our greatest publications.
Ben
Click HERE to contact Ben or another Admin. Actually, don't contact Ben, he's somewhat pretty much retired.

Thomas Covenant
I talk WAY too much

Postby Thomas Covenant » Wed Sep 07, 2005 3:06 pm

I suppose if its greatest in volume of sales you can't really argue with it, well you could but.....
The one paper / magazine I remember reading when I was in the States is the National enquirer - that made me laugh - so obvious some of the stories were a little bit made up - we've got something like that over here as well - used to be the Sunday Sport - with next to no sport,
Lead story one week "WW2 Lancaster bommber found on the moon" The following week it lead with "Bommber Mysteriously disappears" - funny that !

I reckon the NEw Yorker is probably a little bit like this
http://www.private-eye.co.uk/

Ben
Lead Worldbuilder

Postby Ben » Wed Sep 07, 2005 3:25 pm

Not really. Its just stuffy. Like one of those things that people say they like or read just so people think that they are rich or smart, but really they don't read it because it is so boring that no human could actually get through an issue without falling asleep.
Ben

Hentez
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Hentez » Wed Sep 07, 2005 3:33 pm

lol I read the New Yorker and other stuffy magazines to prepare for the MCAT... it was a tuff chore but it did help my confidence.. If I can get threw the New Yorker in one sitting I could read anything.

Islander
Experienced Adventurer

Re: Farewell......

Postby Islander » Wed Sep 07, 2005 4:21 pm

Demon hunter wrote:I entered the world of _Del

:( definitely not a rave. I'm sorry to see you jump into the pit of deletion. It's been my pleasure to have known you DH

jimmykitten
Veteran

Postby jimmykitten » Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:05 pm

teehee! aah! ::hides::

i learned my lesson! i'm sorry! i will never del again!

and i'm sorry to see such an old player decide to leave :< maybe you'll decide to come abck one day, demon hunter!

Return to “Raves”