The Battle of Ryn

A place to post what you like about the game.
Zanaan
Veteran

The Battle of Ryn

Postby Zanaan » Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:01 am

Well, where to start. That was amazing, frustrating at a few points, fun, silly, and intense. And ties in perfectly to the upcoming Gods' storyline. I look forward to seeing what's next
Order Adjutant Viviyana raises her hands to receive the Blessing of Zanaan's Presence , "Oh, thank you."

Brisingr Blaze
Social Leech

Re: The Battle of Ryn

Postby Brisingr Blaze » Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:23 am

As Zan said, where to even begin this rave. Most of us after 12 hours of straight Rp are so tired, I don't think we could even rave straight heh, but there is truly so much to rave about. The beginning, the middle and the end, and still stuff to explore after all is done! I can only imagine how long all of this truly took to plan and write up. So I'll simply rave by saying a heartfelt thank you to admin for everything.

8O < Our sleepy faces.

Kairiel Bosburn
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Kairiel Bosburn » Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:40 am

I am exhausted, I have been on the computer way too long. And you guys are awesome. In a sea of events since I joined, this one takes the cake and eats it too. The images, the execution (literally!), the settings. Everything was awesome. :D
"Life is not tried, it is merely survived, if you're standing outside the fire," - Garth Brooks, "Standing Outside the Fire"

Isoyami
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Isoyami » Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:04 am

I'm too tired to even process everything that happened yet.

But it sure was amazing, and a definite change of pace, not to mention defying several expectations.

As Isoyami himself said at one point after getting smited by the darkness and coming back...

It was a total blast.
Last edited by Isoyami on Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Awai Isoyami - 61003
"I fear no demon, for Ben is my Strength. I fear not death, for Cory is my Shield."

krystoff
Experienced Adventurer

Postby krystoff » Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:34 am

Ooc I am not quite sure how to feel, and will apologize if I offend anyone..The Event itself was AMAZING! However, it seemed to me that once the gates were breached things became very chaotic..I had to leave for about 15minutes..when I returned, there were demonds I couldn't defeat, tracks of people I knew in every which way so I couldn't even try to follow..I felt completely useless due to my level..When I DID find something..Lesser Demon Statues about 9pm Eastern, I couldn't retreat to heal! by then I was very frustrated and feeling abandoned so I gave up...I WOULD however like to know if we won so I can still celebrate and cheer everyone else's hard work! great job everyone
Take what you can, leave none in poverty!

Hojo Musachi
I talk WAY too much

Postby Hojo Musachi » Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:10 am

It finished 6:30 am for me and the other Brits.

Thank you for admin and players for all the work done, but a special nod to those who were as daft as me and played for over 12 hours *

* I had 2 power cuts during the first hour of getting inbut in totally couting that I was there for it all

"I'm afraid, Isoyami, I have probably already said more than was bought by the Knight's kiss " - Shaerih

Dabria
Social Leech

Postby Dabria » Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:33 am

Hojo Musachi wrote:It finished 6:30 am for me and the other Brits.

Thank you for admin and players for all the work done, but a special nod to those who were as daft as me and played for over 12 hours *

* I had 2 power cuts during the first hour of getting in but in totally counting that I was there for it all

I am afraid, unlike Hojo, I literally logged out at 6:15am (thunderstorms here, and I wanted a couple hours sleep, before I ran the dog at the park), right as the crier announced [ask in game, if you have no idea what I am on about!] ...

It was one of the best admin run events I have attended, and I really do appreciate the time that admin put in to hosting it for us. The artwork was amazing! (I don't think that counts as a spoiler, seeing as it was posted on social media, as well!).
"Stabbing someone is no longer considered rude. Rather, it is now an acceptable method in which to end a conversation."
~Richard~

Quasha wrote:I'd pretend shock, but it's Dabria the Inappropriate.

Turcko
Veteran

Postby Turcko » Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:35 am

Overall it was an emotional rollercoaster. Had fun, frustration, loot, loss, gain, disobedience :)
I'm curious to see how this all turns out, Falx is still digesting what has happened, and so am I. I kept alt-tabbing to keep room descriptions for later analysis, but in here it was also 6:30am when it all ended and I was about to collapse after 12 hours.
10/10 would do it again :D
Turcko, Falx Monde, Ivan Monde, Argoth

Bebhinn
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Bebhinn » Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:54 pm

Thank you for admin and players for all the work done, but a special nod to those who were as daft as me and played for over 12 hours

This was without a doubt the best Admin run event I have ever had the privilege to be involved with. Watching the sun come up as .... [SPOILER ALERT] .... unfolded was truly worth the bags that I now have under my eyes!

The descriptions, graphics and rp opportunities were fantastic (and still are) and I am genuinely in awe of the Admin teams creativity.

I am looking forward to seeing how this new story arc develops and how the people of Valorn react.

Well done once again.

Bebh x
War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin, keep out of the way till you can.

Zanaan
Veteran

Postby Zanaan » Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:57 pm

* I had 2 power cuts during the first hour of getting inbut in totally couting that I was there for it all

Took me 17 hours from when i started regrinding that last level to when it finally ended. Too intense
Order Adjutant Viviyana raises her hands to receive the Blessing of Zanaan's Presence , "Oh, thank you."

Isoyami
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Isoyami » Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:25 pm

Aye, thank you to all the Admin involved, and to all the players as well.

Safe to say that I dont think it turned out the way anyone really expected, and a few of the broadcasts at the end made both Isoyami as a character, and myself as a writer say "Um.... whoops?"

I guess we'll have to wait and see what will happen in both the immediate future and the rest of the game to come.
Awai Isoyami - 61003
"I fear no demon, for Ben is my Strength. I fear not death, for Cory is my Shield."

Miranda of Admin
'Rifterian

Postby Miranda of Admin » Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:35 pm

I'm really glad the feedback is so positive. This was so long in the hoping and planning for me I almost don't know what to do with myself now we've done it.

The players who took part were outstanding and the Admin team were so much fun to work with on this one. Probably my favorite event, ever.

We hear the feedback re. lower level players and this was something we were concerned with from the beginning as it's immensely difficult to involve all levels fully and keep people together without being overly prescriptive, especially in an event that size. We'll keep on striving for the balance =)

M.

Korunga Ed
New Adventurer

Postby Korunga Ed » Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:37 pm

I love you all and I love this game.

Thank you. Thank you so much.

P.S. As feedback, I did not feel utterly useless at level 33. Yes, I did a lot of standing around and being helpless, but that is what happens when I haven't grinded out what I needed to. The main thing is I still got to RP at the end and got to smile along with my friends at the end.
I MUSTACHE you a question.

Brielle Erawind
Adventurer

Postby Brielle Erawind » Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:51 pm

It really was amazing, exciting, awesome, gorgeous descriptions, just--wow.

In addition, I'm just in awe that with everything else they were causing to happen, Admin was watching out for the cries for help from us brave adventurers who have far yet to reach the apex of our training--and even those who didn't call for help, I've learned!--and miraculously cause demons blocking our paths to vanish!

Not to leave out those more-than-a-few adventurers of higher levels who did come back to aid us as they could. Thank you!

(sorry if that's convoluted.. I just woke up)

P.S. As I mentioned to someone in PM--the squeaky message-bird gets the help coming soonest :wink: :D

emmyeralass
New Adventurer

Postby emmyeralass » Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:05 pm

I have to agree with everyone so far on here. It was a wonderful event. I can't wait to see what will happen next even though I really hate the unknown. As with most everyone else, I am completely torn as to what took place at the end, I don't know rather to celebrate or run and hide.

krystoff
Experienced Adventurer

Postby krystoff » Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:33 pm

Korunga Ed wrote:I love you all and I love this game.

Thank you. Thank you so much.

P.S. As feedback, I did not feel utterly useless at level 33. Yes, I did a lot of standing around and being helpless, but that is what happens when I haven't grinded out what I needed to. The main thing is I still got to RP at the end and got to smile along with my friends at the end.

I kept in mind how much work was done, which helped me stay calm..Although I died, there was eventually some action for me..overall, I'm still impressed..GREAT work everyone!!

aryana_moonsong
Experienced Adventurer

Postby aryana_moonsong » Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:00 pm

Where to even start? Like everyone else has said this was easily the most epic and amazing battles and Rp events I have been a part of. Thank you to all the players and Admin for all the hard work. The complete immersion into the storyline was phenomenal. I was on my laptop for 12+ hours like most of you. It ended for me at 130am but I am glad to have been there with everyone.
*grins roguishly* Oh I just love being a rogue...dark corners, slipping through the shadows...*gets distracted suddenly by something bright and sparkly* and...SHINIES!!! *pounces on it and looks around* My...shiny...*pets the shiny*

Brisingr Blaze
Social Leech

Postby Brisingr Blaze » Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:15 pm

I'm beyond glad I asked for today off in farsight (heh) cause I am still completely gave out. Would so do it again with enough heads up.

krystoff
Experienced Adventurer

Postby krystoff » Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:25 pm

Oops meant to quote Miranda sorry!!

I have a suggestion, should something like this happen again...Sometimes war is like chess..send the pawns/weaker enemies and players first! THEN send the stronger ones

Shadow
Adventurer

Postby Shadow » Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:44 pm

I am feeling like most, where do I even start? Those 12 hours had to be some of the most enjoyable ever for me in my nearly 10 years of being around! I was on the edge of my seat, eager to see what would happen next literally the whole time. Thank you so much to the Admin for their dedication and time put into literally everything, and also a huge thank you to everyone as a whole. It was wonderful to see so many present, including some of the newer faces and lower leveled characters. I certainly look forward to what is to come!

As for Shadow, he might not. :P

Return to “Raves”