Us!!

A place to post what you like about the game.
Viviyana
I talk WAY too much

Us!!

Postby Viviyana » Fri May 20, 2016 3:44 am

Yes, I really am starting a thread for us to rave about ourselves! Okay, really each other. I looked back through and there are tons of raves to admin, and while they definitely deserve it. I am constantly reminded of what an amazing community this is.

So to start I would like to give a shout out to Topaz for attending like, almost every crafter's event and keeping such detailed records of everything, really the only reason I appear even slightly organized is because of you.

Also, to Brielle and Ani for being so enthusiastic and fun to be around! You are like breaths of fresh air :)

There are more, much more to come! Please join in :)

Dimitri Petrov
Veteran

Re: Us!!

Postby Dimitri Petrov » Fri May 20, 2016 6:51 am

Yay us ;)

I have a list somewhere of folks I'm thankful for, but until I find it I'd like to just thank everyone in general. For being themselves. That's legit for 2 AM, right? Totally!

Live life with no regrets.

Synvasti Shymere
Adventurer

Postby Synvasti Shymere » Fri May 20, 2016 7:08 am

I'm with you, Dimitri. There's a lot of people that have my gratitude for what they bring to the game - an intimidating list to tackle. Everyone has enriched my experiences here, in ways that range from a few scenes or character interactions spanning RL years. As far as random shoutouts, I'd like to praise Loki's flutter-bright ways and love of green, Aryana's consistent song-smithery and pursuit of the arts, and Kairiel's dogged insistence on instigating RP.
I long for the song of the morning, the dancing of shadows at dusk, and the silence that closes the night.

Topaz
I talk WAY too much

Postby Topaz » Fri May 20, 2016 5:00 pm

Aw. Thank you, Viviyana.

As others have said, if I tried to make a list it would be really long (and almost certainly leave someone out). So I will throw together a partial list including VIVIYANA, Ellyana, Pallas, Brisingr ...

Shadow
Adventurer

Postby Shadow » Fri May 20, 2016 6:03 pm

I would also like to thank everyone as a whole, especially those who have made me want to come back to the game! (You all know who you are.)
Last edited by Shadow on Fri May 20, 2016 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lavender
Social Leech

Postby Lavender » Fri May 20, 2016 6:03 pm

Honestly... TOO many to say. Each and every person I come in contact with here... good, bad, or otherwise has made the game special in their own unique ways. And I look forward daily to getting on just to "hang out" with everyone here! Thank you all for being you! :D
Lavender
Kindness is more important than wisdom, and the recognition of this
is the beginning of wisdom. –Theodore Issac Rubin.
It takes courage to be kind. - Maya Angelou.

aryana_moonsong
Experienced Adventurer

Postby aryana_moonsong » Fri May 20, 2016 7:21 pm

Totally agree with everyone else so far that there are far too many to name but thank you Synvasti! As for my list, though I am sure I will leave so many out, Synvasti, Topaz, Viviyana, Nolin, Loki, Marron, Cody, Thorne, Korba, Olivia, Brielle, Akassa, Ellyana, Pallas, and so many ever more! Thank you all for so many years of awesome, exciting roleplay.
*grins roguishly* Oh I just love being a rogue...dark corners, slipping through the shadows...*gets distracted suddenly by something bright and sparkly* and...SHINIES!!! *pounces on it and looks around* My...shiny...*pets the shiny*

Viviyana
I talk WAY too much

Postby Viviyana » Fri May 20, 2016 7:49 pm

Gosh yeah, a full list is impossible probably! For me really, especially now that RL has deemed that I have no actual in game time, I find that thoughts of you guys help me get through the crudiest of the crud that life tosses my way. With that is the realization that I really don't tell people that. So you all will just have to deal with my corniness hehe.

Lavender, you are one of my safe harbor people :) Just your presence in a scene instantly calms my social anxiety.

Thanks to Zarock for reviving the player run events and for all your kindness to me and support of others.

And Jobe :) I don't think I've ever told you how just seeing you on or a message from you gives me excited shivers! Also thanks for the creative writing sparks of inspiration!

Viviyana
I talk WAY too much

Postby Viviyana » Sat May 21, 2016 4:26 pm

Purazon, thank you for the history and the TA. I remember the first time I saw them and the realization of how full a history Valorn had. You sparked a passion in Viv that has driven all manner of things! Also, you were her first case of hero-worship! Hehe

Lavender
Social Leech

Postby Lavender » Mon May 23, 2016 10:50 pm

Awe....I am glad you think of me that way Viviyana, I do try and stay calm in any situation. And I usually can... not always though depends on the situation. And i am glad I can help you and if I am around and you need me I am always ready to help! ~ Lav
Lavender
Kindness is more important than wisdom, and the recognition of this
is the beginning of wisdom. –Theodore Issac Rubin.
It takes courage to be kind. - Maya Angelou.

Viviyana
I talk WAY too much

Postby Viviyana » Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:37 pm

I just thought I'd give a shout out to all the mentors. And everyone that greets new people and engages them!

Also, Sorynn...because I increasingly find myself wondering "What Would Sorynn Do?" when life throws things at me. Thanks for being such a mama bear and lending me your strength. Also all the times you have made me spew coffee at my key board and laugh! ( Or gasp!)

And Dimitri! Because it isn't everyday you find someone your character can play "Bird eats the Dundee Mayor" with! Also for LEAF and all your events and keeping me up to date on news! I think on every new character I've made you were the first to greet them and help them.

Dimitri Petrov
Veteran

Postby Dimitri Petrov » Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:19 pm

:lol: That poor mayor

Didn't the babies peck out his eyes?

I've been slacking on the mentor front lately, but I'm sure I'll pick up on it when I get back from hiatus.

Live life with no regrets.

Viviyana
I talk WAY too much

Postby Viviyana » Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:21 pm

Haha pecked out his eyes, snipped off his ears, quite gruesome really.

Bebhinn
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Bebhinn » Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:27 pm

This is a shout out to those folks - you know who you are - that have been here for me both in game and out.

I have laughed with you all, cried with you all and planned mischief with you all but most of all I have grown to love you all!

Thank you a million times over, you have made my life so much richer.

Bebh x
War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin, keep out of the way till you can.

Viviyana
I talk WAY too much

Postby Viviyana » Sat Jun 04, 2016 2:32 pm

So, someone made an observation recently that really resonated with me. About how in RL he always tried to seek out and befriend people he knew were rpers, that shared that rare and special trait. And how here, we all share that, the ability to imagine worlds within our heads, create a character and live as them for awhile. I do that too, I am always desperately searching for those that understand such a vital part of my life. I went out with a group of co-workers the other day and they were talking books, one made a comment about how they just couldn't get into sci-fi or fantasy. The others agreed, it was too hard to relate to, too confusing with magic and a world not Earth. I have tried to explain the appeal of rp to others, most just don't understand. But here I am surrounded by a whole group of people that get it, a group that shares that love. And with that realization all the little differences just didn't seem to matter. DG is a haven.

So there you go, that is my rave of the day. Thank you, all of you, for being my kind of people. :D

aryana_moonsong
Experienced Adventurer

Postby aryana_moonsong » Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:09 pm

Agree with you Viv and I love all the chances I have to RP with you when we get the time, even if they don't always end the way we might expect :D
*grins roguishly* Oh I just love being a rogue...dark corners, slipping through the shadows...*gets distracted suddenly by something bright and sparkly* and...SHINIES!!! *pounces on it and looks around* My...shiny...*pets the shiny*

Viviyana
I talk WAY too much

Postby Viviyana » Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:00 am

Haha, those are usually my favorites ;)

ZarockNight
Veteran

Postby ZarockNight » Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:20 pm

awwww

Return to “Raves”