Seal(s) of Approval

A place to post what you like about the game.
Zeric of Admin
'Rifterian

Seal(s) of Approval

Postby Zeric of Admin » Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:08 pm

So. That happened.

I wanted to take some time to thank all of the players involved in this particular storyline. We know it's gone on for... Well, let's say, quite a while. I hope you enjoyed it.

On reflection I just wanted to share some things, because this storyline has been a wild ride. We've had riddle guessing, digging, protecting, Sword reclaiming, treasure discovering, rubble clearing, evacuating and much more besides. We said hello to some characters, and goodbye to some too. I like to think this storyline has connected with a lot of people, far too many to mention by name here, but I did want to do some shout outs of key events and things that happened. Just for the record!

Riddles:
Finding the Cenotaph was no easy task! We even had to add a new slang term to the Valornian dictionary.

Clue finders:
Cenny Konxovar (Clue 1)
Zanaan (Clue 2 - Bonus: Zanaan also found himself some Golden Age treasure during the digging!)
Ardaion (Clue 3)

The Digging:
Nothing says fun like logging onto an online game to do some manual labor. But some of y'all got way into this!

137,587 dig actions were performed in total, with players discovering old coins, thunderbolt stones, water gems, and even ancient crystals, as well as of course, some special Golden Age treasure.

Over 40,000 of the digs were required in one single location to finally unlock the Golden Age treasure, and it took over 20,000 to uncover the entrance to the Cenotaph.

Successful diggers:
Bebhinn Mac Airem (Level 1, West AND Level 1, East - Bonus: Bebhinn also recovered the Staff during the Sword of Valorn reclaimation!)
Sorynn (North AND Level 2, West - Bonus: Sorynn also found herself some Golden Age treasure!)
Loki Jester (Center - Bonus: Loki also found himself some Golden Age treasure!)
Atreiya (Earned herself some Golden Age treasure!)
Lavendar Morgan (Earned herself some Golden Age treasure!)

Sword Reclaimaton:
Shamson had a plan, but he wasn't prepared to undertake it without the Sword of Valorn to ensure the door could be re-sealed if necessary.

A whole host of adventurers helped to build a fake shrine, and three adventurers were chosen to be within.

Ultimately, Cody Fireblade was able to reclaim the sword, with assistance and moral support from Dabria Kamali.

(Bonus: Cody Fireblade was also a key member in the rubble clearing and evacuation operations!)

Rubble Clearing:
Viviyana organised a clean up operation which saw the Throne Room cleared for the adventure ahead.

(Bonus: Viviyana also found herself some Golden Age treasure!)

The Evacuation of Laleldan Village:
Thorne Blackrose led this mission, with assistance from a number of adventurers. They got the villagers to safety and boarded up the village successfully.

The Siegeguard:
Hojo Musachi took charge of the siegeguard, and adventurers far and wide flocked to his aide to fend off a bitter siege in Caer Laleldan.

(Bonus: Hojo also found himself some Golden Age treasure!)

Beyond The Door:
It all came down to this. While the siegeguard kept them safe, a band of intrepid adventurers risked everything to venture into the unknown and try to save us all.

Ellyana Lilli (Discovered the instructions to the machine and turned it on, readying it for input)
Zane Ziegfried (Activated the first stage of the machine)
Frohste (Activated the second stage of the machine)
Meara (Activated the third stage of the machine)
Brisingr Blaze (Activated the final stage of the machine)

Final thoughts:
The end of this storyline (And the start of other, exciting threads) feels like the end of an era, because in some ways it is. It has been a pleasure, as always. Your creativity, ingenuity and imagination helped drive this storyline, helped influence it, and brought it to life. You took our basic outlines off the page and transformed them into animated, living, breathing encounters. And that's the best we could ever hope for. There are far too many of you to list absolutely everyone involved, but let me tell you that if you participated in any way, you rock. Admin salutes you.

Until next time, folks. It might be sooner than you think.

- Z

Miranda of Admin
'Rifterian

Re: Seal(s) of Approval

Postby Miranda of Admin » Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:13 pm

What Zeric said.

Thank you for your patience and making everything so much better than we could hope for =)

M.

Loki Jester
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Loki Jester » Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:18 pm

The chapter was extremely amazing, and well thought. It was fun to play! Extremely. I enjoyed every single part of it. ^^ Thank you for taking the time to make it. I'm sure we ALL had a ball. :D
Ridder Zeric of Admin says "[Broadcast] **looks at the fact 14 hours have passed on the clock** Oh. That explains why I'm tired. **collapses**"

Loki Jester

Bebhinn
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Bebhinn » Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:18 pm

It's been a privilege and a pleasure to be part of such an epic story line.

A massive well done and thank you to all of our fabulous Admin.

Bebh x
War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin, keep out of the way till you can.

Cenny
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Cenny » Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:21 pm

An interesting conclusion to a chapter long in the making. :D

ZarockNight
Veteran

Postby ZarockNight » Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:27 pm

Has been a wild ride to be sure :D

kaballoi
Experienced Adventurer

Postby kaballoi » Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:32 pm

This storyline has taken years to finally finish. I'm glad I was able to see it come to fruition, and see all the work that has gone into it. I look forward, now, to the mystery of THE BRONZE!
Kaballoi
http://www.darkgrimoire.com/cshow93482.html
......................................................................................................................
Accomplished at something. Not sure what.

Loki Jester
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Loki Jester » Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:34 pm

Also adding; This was my first time being apart of a very big event on DG and honestly? I'm fricken impressed. I can't tell you how happy I am to be on this website. D: Despite RL situations, I still managed to log in and actually play a part in it. ^^ It was extremely fun and emotional. The strategy? Amazing, and how everyone came together! I loved every single RP from it.

All of the feels I had while this was going on, I can't even explain. And everyone's reaction was just perfect. The perfect ending.

Despite the losses of some of my favorite characters. <3 :( :oops:

~Quiets up~ ^w^

EDIT:

kaballoi wrote:This storyline has taken years to finally finish. I'm glad I was able to see it come to fruition, and see all the work that has gone into it. I look forward, now, to the mystery of THE BRONZE!

YESPLEASE. :mrgreen:
Ridder Zeric of Admin says "[Broadcast] **looks at the fact 14 hours have passed on the clock** Oh. That explains why I'm tired. **collapses**"

Loki Jester

Dimitri Petrov
Veteran

Postby Dimitri Petrov » Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:45 pm

^^ A very interesting event! It's been a wild ride like Zeric said, but it's been real fun.

Live life with no regrets.

Brisingr Blaze
Social Leech

Postby Brisingr Blaze » Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:51 am

kaballoi wrote:This storyline has taken years to finally finish. I'm glad I was able to see it come to fruition, and see all the work that has gone into it. I look forward, now, to the mystery of THE BRONZE!

One of the very reasons I refused to miss out on today. Years in the making... coming to a head finally.

I enjoyed everything over the last two years that led up to this. So many different experiences for our characters... and heck speaking for myself... many new experiences I probably wouldn't have gotten to experience in real life. Digging for ancient treasure/burial grounds, building a make-shift fortification. Things that push the character and the player, especially when neither have done something before.

We salute y'all for allowing us these different activities and encounters.

And as others have said... we are very much awaiting the next chapter.

Zanaan
Veteran

Postby Zanaan » Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:46 am

Pfft, decided to look up the item I have, as it sounded really sciency

Technetium (/tɛkˈniːʃiəm/) is a chemical element with symbol Tc and atomic number 43. It is the element with the lowest atomic number in the periodic table that has no stable isotopes; every form of it is radioactive.

I am walking around with the radioactive core of a nuke. LMAO, well done on that admin, even if it has a different meaning in Valorn, I still found it's name source rather humorous.
Order Adjutant Viviyana raises her hands to receive the Blessing of Zanaan's Presence , "Oh, thank you."

ZarockNight
Veteran

Postby ZarockNight » Sun Mar 20, 2016 3:01 am

Well at least now you really will glow in the dark :D lucky you

I was just hopeing for a bit of door :)

Ellyana Lilli
I talk WAY too much

Postby Ellyana Lilli » Sun Mar 20, 2016 3:31 am

Poor Zanaan. It wont be long before he starts to resemble a C.H.U.D.
'When there's no more room in Hell, the dead will walk the Earth' ~George A. Romero
'Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart'

Ellyana - 118743

Lavender
Social Leech

Postby Lavender » Sun Mar 20, 2016 3:53 am

So much fun! Thank you Admin for an incredible story! And thank you to all the other adventures as well for without all of you it wouldn't have been as impressive! I look forward to seeing what we as a community can do together in the future! It truly has been an honor to play such a wonderful game with such fine people!
Lavender
Kindness is more important than wisdom, and the recognition of this
is the beginning of wisdom. –Theodore Issac Rubin.
It takes courage to be kind. - Maya Angelou.

Turcko
Veteran

Postby Turcko » Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:45 am

Having recently found my way back, it was nice to find such engaging events that made me remember the RP world I fell in love with. thanks to everyone :)
Turcko, Falx Monde, Ivan Monde, Argoth

Sorynn
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Sorynn » Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:15 pm

I was somewhat disappointed that I was not able to make it to the Incursion/Siegeguard event (prior RL commitment) but I just wanted to give kudos to all players and Admin who have been involved in this riveting/maddening/wondrous storyline. I am sure all will agree it is so rewarding to have resolution to this chapter of DG Lore and to now look forward to whatever sorts of mayhem, excitement and horror Admin is cooking up for the DG world! Thank you to everyone who made this so much FUN!!!

Hojo Musachi
I talk WAY too much

Postby Hojo Musachi » Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:51 pm

Thank you to everyone who was involved last night, and with every other part of the Seals. :D

"I'm afraid, Isoyami, I have probably already said more than was bought by the Knight's kiss " - Shaerih

Ellyana Lilli
I talk WAY too much

Postby Ellyana Lilli » Sun Mar 20, 2016 3:01 pm

I am so happy to have been able to see this through with all of you. :)

Am content the storyline is over, and with how it ended. Been a long time coming. All of the events and stuff leading up to the climax were unique in some way, and the final happening through the doorway / defense was fun and intense and felt very organized. Despite a bit of annoying lag and stuff nagging at me it was totally engaging. I had soon tuned out my naggy brain and the whole household, which is not easy when you live with happily shrieking parrots, but I was that absorbed. The fragments were the perfect touch - loved that scene.

Thank you admin for obviously loving DG as much as we do - and more - by continuing to make it special. I look forward to being part of whatever is next. It really is a privilege to play with all of you in this special little world we have created together.
'When there's no more room in Hell, the dead will walk the Earth' ~George A. Romero

Ellyana - 118743

Lavender
Social Leech

Postby Lavender » Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:09 pm

I was absorbed too to the point that my every time my husband came in the house and asked me to help with something I got upset and he got mad at me and was like "It's just a game!" And I'm like "BUT I'm under attack! Or so an so needs help!" And he rolls his eyes and stomps off.... he SO doesn't understand! It is so much more then "just a game!" And so worth getting in trouble over LOL
Lavender
Kindness is more important than wisdom, and the recognition of this
is the beginning of wisdom. –Theodore Issac Rubin.
It takes courage to be kind. - Maya Angelou.

Ellyana Lilli
I talk WAY too much

Postby Ellyana Lilli » Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:24 pm

joyfire wrote:I was absorbed too to the point that my every time my husband came in the house and asked me to help with something I got upset and he got mad at me and was like "It's just a game!" And I'm like "BUT I'm under attack! Or so an so needs help!" And he rolls his eyes and stomps off.... he SO doesn't understand! It is so much more then "just a game!" And so worth getting in trouble over LOL

Hehehe. The few times I head my hubby whilst absorbed in everything DG he was teasing me. Asking me if we released the kraken yet or found the golden fleece or the one ring and stuff.

Ellyana - 118743

Return to “Raves”