To Admin

A place to post what you like about the game.
Viviyana
I talk WAY too much

To Admin

Postby Viviyana » Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:05 pm

Sometimes, I imagine you all as rockstars, surrounded by a horde of hungry fans...who look vaguely like zombies. You could literally devote every hour of every day to DG and still not appease all our hunger. And that is because you have created, and are creating, pure magic. We say it often, I know, but I just want to make certain you all know how truly appreciated you really are. We may whine and complain over this and that, and I am one of the worst, I know. But over all I know I speak for the community in saying that you have all of our genuine gratitude and affection.

So....

Miranda, thank you for you dedication and dreams of DG. Thank you for saving it and pulling it into the now. Thank you for the Order and the humor and epic events. Thank you for your wit.

Zeric, thank you for your surprises and your puzzles. And for the wonderful items and spontaneous fun. Thank you for your availability and festivals and intelligence and kindness.

Kane, thank you for your beauty and magic. Thank you for weaving wonderful possibilities into our turns. Thank you for every delicious shiver and the amazing depth of your stories. Thank you for restoring inside me a sense of wonder, for making me feel.

From the beautiful icons to the breathtaking descriptions, for the world and words you paint across our screens, thank you. But most of all, thank you for all the time and energy and creativity you carve out of your RL to make and keep a world alive for this wonderful crazy community to live in.

Dabria
Social Leech

Re: To Admin

Postby Dabria » Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:22 pm

Viviyana wrote:Sometimes, I imagine you all as rockstars, surrounded by a horde of hungry fans...who look vaguely like zombies. You could literally devote every hour of every day to DG and still not appease all our hunger. And that is because you have created, and are creating, pure magic. We say it often, I know, but I just want to make certain you all know how truly appreciated you really are. We may whine and complain over this and that, and I am one of the worst, I know. But over all I know I speak for the community in saying that you have all of our genuine gratitude and affection.

So....

Miranda, thank you for you dedication and dreams of DG. Thank you for saving it and pulling it into the now. Thank you for the Order and the humor and epic events. Thank you for your wit.

Zeric, thank you for your surprises and your puzzles. And for the wonderful items and spontaneous fun. Thank you for your availability and festivals and intelligence and kindness.

Kane, thank you for your beauty and magic. Thank you for weaving wonderful possibilities into our turns. Thank you for every delicious shiver and the amazing depth of your stories. Thank you for restoring inside me a sense of wonder, for making me feel.

From the beautiful icons to the breathtaking descriptions, for the world and words you paint across our screens, thank you. But most of all, thank you for all the time and energy and creativity you carve out of your RL to make and keep a world alive for this wonderful crazy community to live in.

Seconded. I would also like to thank Coder, for all the real geeky, technical stuff he does, that other admin (not complaining!) can not do. On a personal note, I would also like to thank him for impromptu whiskey appreciation moments in the bugs forum, and for finding my a .gif of my Johnny mixing absinthe on a day when I had had a real tough work week and needed the laugh!

Also a huge shout out to the artist who is responsible for the truly breath-taking icons that have appeared in game, of late. Who knew so much detail could be put into such a small image?!

The past two years really have been an awesome time to be in game, and I can't wait to see what is to come in the future for our happy, little (and occasionally dysfunctional!) community!
"Stabbing someone is no longer considered rude. Rather, it is now an acceptable method in which to end a conversation."
~Richard~

Quasha wrote:I'd pretend shock, but it's Dabria the Inappropriate.

Kairiel Bosburn
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Kairiel Bosburn » Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:58 pm

Viviyana wrote:Sometimes, I imagine you all as rockstars, surrounded by a horde of hungry fans...

Funny, I always imagined them as something like this.

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived, if you're standing outside the fire," - Garth Brooks, "Standing Outside the Fire"

Ellyana Lilli
I talk WAY too much

Postby Ellyana Lilli » Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:18 pm

I always imagine it more like this scene from Jason and the Argonauts. With the Deities looking down on us from Sunrifter - smirking, laughing or just shaking their heads at our strangeness (they even move us around once in a while like in this movie!) :P

'When there's no more room in Hell, the dead will walk the Earth' ~George A. Romero
'Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart'

Ellyana - 118743

Olivia Pratt
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Olivia Pratt » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:19 am

Ooo I would also like to add my thanks as well. Thank you for making the little events we do so much more by participating, even in the background! It's wonderful to know the gods are watching and approving of our ideas!
If Valorn is to survive, we must embrace our weaknesses and turn them into our strengths. We can not do this alone. Alone we accomplish very little, but together we can face any challenge. - Anonymous

Zarock
Veteran

Postby Zarock » Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:08 am

Not to forget the beautyfullness
I would rather try and look a fool, than not try for fear of looking a fool.
Zarock12804

Sehdae Ly
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Sehdae Ly » Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:20 pm

Forgive me for my wrongs, I have just begun

Viviyana
I talk WAY too much

Postby Viviyana » Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:01 pm

(( *spews coffee all over her screen* Oh gods...now that is hilarious. ))

Zarock
Veteran

Postby Zarock » Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:01 pm

My poor poor hair.
I would rather try and look a fool, than not try for fear of looking a fool.
Zarock12804

Miranda of Admin
'Rifterian

Postby Miranda of Admin » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:26 pm

I very much appreciate your post.

Thank you.

Dimitri Petrov
Veteran

Postby Dimitri Petrov » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:40 am

I've been trying during a busy work week to think of some way to add something to this post. I just can't, so I'll +1 it.

Y'all work hard on this game and you aren't thanked nearly enough for your efforts.

Live life with no regrets.

Return to “Raves”