An exciting afternoon

A place to post what you like about the game.
Miranda of Admin
'Rifterian

Re: An exciting afternoon

Postby Miranda of Admin » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:42 pm

I don't usually comment personally on things. However...

Sorynn, thank you for your post. Thank you to those of you who voiced your agreement. On rather a dark day, in what has been a ridiculously challenging 18 months, that meant a huge amount to me. I don't have enough hours in the day or enough days in the week or enough energy to do everything I want with DG, so when it comes down to it what I mainly want is for people to still get a little of the magic that has made it such a special place for me for over a decade. If what I'm doing or what my team is doing has the opposite effect for the majority, which is utterly unintentional, I feel it might be the point where either I move on or we call time on this world. I feel a little reassured having read this.

M.

Ellyana Lilli
I talk WAY too much

Postby Ellyana Lilli » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:56 pm

You know you have my support. It is human nature to cry and moan about things and stuff sometimes, but we are all (mostly all) adults and adulting is really hard and exhausting on a good day let alone dark days. I know what I go through daily just to keep my job and my family sorted (and I dont even have people kiddos) and it is exhausting all on its own for various personal reasons. I admire you Miranda (always have) and your team for being able to do all those RL things PLUS what you can as you can to still bring us that bit of magic and fun that made us all fall in love with DG in the first place.

Please know that you are, without a doubt in my mind (and I am sure others judging from the messages here) the best thing to happen to DG and you have a fantastic team at your side. So please do not ever say you are moving on or calling time on DG. We are here because we love DG and we understand life does not always go how we want it. We want to help ease the burden not worsen it.

You have to take care of yourself and family first over a game -- and that goes for everyone and phooey on anyone who doesn't understand. <3
'When there's no more room in Hell, the dead will walk the Earth' ~George A. Romero
'Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart'

Ellyana - 118743

Brisingr Blaze
Social Leech

Postby Brisingr Blaze » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:48 pm

Like others... I have been watching this for a bit now... trying to think of what all I could even begin to say in response, and everytime I come up with something I second guess myself and just end up erasing it.

I will say this, I agree whole-heartily with the praise and admiration for what Miranda and her team does for us. Some of us have been here playing since she was as she said 'a wee-godling'. We've seen the world change before our eyes and the power shift. We've seen so much and come so far as a community... I along with others would probably be lost without this escape in those dark times. A lot of us owe this place a lot. Saving us from our RL selves.

Considering how things can be, from one person behind a keyboard to another (the admin team, especially Miranda), I hope y'all are still able to player your characters and enjoy the world along aside us... through 'mortal' eyes.

Personally as much as we love phat l00t and new levels and new this and that... we'd rather y'all still be able to enjoy what y'all help still make possible ever after all this time.

Ill end my ramblings with a simple yet heartfelt thank you to them and to my fellow players. This community wouldn't be the same without each person.

Dimitri Petrov
Veteran

Postby Dimitri Petrov » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:53 am

I rarely speak up or speak out about my negative feelings in a serious way, so when I do they all latch on to each other.

We all do, most definitely, appreciate all the good you've done for the game Miranda. It's been a tough year for everyone, myself included, and DG is one of my outlets. When I thought I was in the minority of feeling low and forgotten I did what I could to try and change the feeling for myself. The realization that I wasn't alone in the feeling was saddening, but also gave me hope that we as a community can do something to change how we feel and make people feel...more involved and meaningful.

Live life with no regrets.

Topaz
I talk WAY too much

Postby Topaz » Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:29 am

Mostly, everyone has already said what I would have said. But I will add, or repeat, a few things:

For me, DG is a superb fantasy roleplaying game, a community where I can spend time and have fun, and one of the few places that appreciates my fondness for old poetic forms (the other being the SCA). And -- unlike LARPs -- I don't have to actually be young and athletic in order to play someone who is. I'm here every day unless I lack internet access for some reason (like travelling to pursue one of my other hobbies), so I guess that makes me an addict.

I (and we) owe all this to Admin, and especially to Miranda. My appreciation of her, like my appreciation of the game, is too great to be easily expressed.

P.S. I too recall the days when Miranda would have been a wee godlet. I won't say I always think these days are perfect, but I do like them much, much better.

Lavender
Social Leech

Postby Lavender » Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:42 pm

I know I am just one of many who look forward to being able to find my way into Dg, I don't think I am one of the best roll players dg has but in all the years I have been playing this is the only game that I know of that I have played that is constantly drawing me back again. There is always someone to roll play against, battles to fight, fun to be had. And you can roll play as much or as little as you feel when you are here! And that makes the game awesome! You don't have to have the highest level character to have fun. And if you find yourself bored that is your own fault because you could always find some way to entertain yourself... make a new character, have one already made ride the cannon to see how many times you can survive. Any number of things. LOL :D
Lavender
Kindness is more important than wisdom, and the recognition of this
is the beginning of wisdom. –Theodore Issac Rubin.
It takes courage to be kind. - Maya Angelou.

Xanthias
I talk WAY too much

Postby Xanthias » Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:08 pm

Zanaan wrote:
Kane of Admin wrote:
(PS: I am happy to be called a jerk - I am well aware that I have zero respect for your continued need for sleep.)

"Well I'm off to rest"

Zanaans Dull Ancient Bronze Crystal radiates Radiance of the Gods

"You know, what's the point of sleep anyways?"

LOL I remember that night!

The Sickness
New Adventurer

Postby The Sickness » Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:01 am

I don't usually get involved in things like this but, I look at the admin as already having one job, then coming on here to work an (optional, unpaid) second one? That stinks no matter who you are or what you do. Anytime I think in those terms, it makes me grateful for what is there. Anything that is missing, the community, if you allow them, more than makes up for it.
a.k.a. Billy Blades

If there is no rest for the wicked and only the good die young. I must be immortal and really tired. (Me)

A wise man once said "If at first you don't succeed, riding the cannon is not for you."

Return to “Raves”