An exciting afternoon

A place to post what you like about the game.
Topaz
I talk WAY too much

An exciting afternoon

Postby Topaz » Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:05 am

I really like it when there is:

1) Plotting and planning
2) A lot of fighting
3) Observable success or progress.

And Shamson was informative. And Balthazar was a superb scenery-chewer.

Topaz
(I also like Sundays better than Saturdays.)

Viviyana
I talk WAY too much

Re: An exciting afternoon

Postby Viviyana » Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:12 am

I enjoyed Shamson's acting skills immensely.

Favorite quote of the turn:

High Cleric Shamson the Holy raises a hand towards the sword "There she is. The real deal. Most definitely."

Cody F
Social Leech

Postby Cody F » Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:44 am

The things I miss when I'm stuck in a box :P

It's been interesting hearing about what happened outside and even being in the box and only hearing sounds, leaving it to the imagination what was going on out there was cool :)

Dimitri Petrov
Veteran

Postby Dimitri Petrov » Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:54 am

I loved when he was commenting on how... Old it was.

Live life with no regrets.

Olivia Pratt
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Olivia Pratt » Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:08 am

I just wanted to say, this has been the most exciting turn for me! I've never experienced anything like it anywhere else. My favorite part was all of it! :D I loved every moment and all the opportunities to participate. I am looking forward to the next big event! Thank you so much to everyone who did their part in making this happen!
If Valorn is to survive, we must embrace our weaknesses and turn them into our strengths. We can not do this alone. Alone we accomplish very little, but together we can face any challenge. - Anonymous

Dabria
Social Leech

Postby Dabria » Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:27 am

I really liked the part where I was sat in cramped box, with a warrior and an enchanter! :D

It sounded like it was very enjoyable, and as Cody said, it was fun "hearing" little snippets of what was going on outside, and having to rely on the imagination running riot to fill in the pieces.

Also, +1 what Topaz said, as regards of the day. Here's to the next battle!
"Stabbing someone is no longer considered rude. Rather, it is now an acceptable method in which to end a conversation."
~Richard~

Quasha wrote:I'd pretend shock, but it's Dabria the Inappropriate.

Loki Jester
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Loki Jester » Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:55 am

It was fun I enjoyed every moment of it. ^^ Glad to have been apart of the event!
Ridder Zeric of Admin says "[Broadcast] **looks at the fact 14 hours have passed on the clock** Oh. That explains why I'm tired. **collapses**"

Loki Jester

Hojo Musachi
I talk WAY too much

Postby Hojo Musachi » Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:15 am

It really was something!

"I'm afraid, Isoyami, I have probably already said more than was bought by the Knight's kiss " - Shaerih

Zanaan
Veteran

Postby Zanaan » Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:42 am

I really couldn't stop laughing at the start. Someone really needs to teach Shamson how to act.
Order Adjutant Viviyana raises her hands to receive the Blessing of Zanaan's Presence , "Oh, thank you."

Ellyana Lilli
I talk WAY too much

Postby Ellyana Lilli » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:57 pm

+1 to Sunday afternoon events when they are of this magnitude.

It sounds like things were exciting with the Balthazar encounter, etc. Pallas and myself missed all that fighting off darkness and infected / defiled knights for many marcs around Caer and dying. But it had to be done, we can't ignore attacks and raids just to be in one spot where main action is occurring. At least we were together, and weren't stuffed in a box, so that is also a plus. ;)

However the current death mechanism / death drop off is a mess and it's no fun dying over and over whilst trying to retreat 5+ times after one hit (my stats are not messed up yet this always is an issue) and being stuck unable to move back into the excitement with everyone during special events.

The daily RP of building the shrine over last week leading up to everything was also nice. We made our own fun which is a big part of DG.

As increasingly disconnected as I've felt from DG, this storyline and most of the happenings inside this past year, it was overall a well executed event.
'When there's no more room in Hell, the dead will walk the Earth' ~George A. Romero
'Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart'

Ellyana - 118743

Lavender
Social Leech

Postby Lavender » Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:11 pm

Over all superbly done! It was quite enjoyable, hate that it took having a sick kid for me to be able stay home and participate or I would have been in church during most of the stuff. But seriously that is life. And I got to participate! I could not help but laugh several times when people where poking at the ploy that it was very obviously yet trying not to be obvious. Then I missed some of the action being stuck in Branishor clearing a raid. But got there nun the less and enjoyed the scene before me. It was great fun! Glad the Sword of Valorn is back with it's rightful owner. Can not wait to see what happens in the future!
Lavender
Kindness is more important than wisdom, and the recognition of this
is the beginning of wisdom. –Theodore Issac Rubin.
It takes courage to be kind. - Maya Angelou.

Hojo Musachi
I talk WAY too much

Postby Hojo Musachi » Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:17 pm

I can only apologise to the people who feel they got left out by not being part of the big RP. Next time there's an event like this, I'll try to work on who has been sent where for a possible recall.

"I'm afraid, Isoyami, I have probably already said more than was bought by the Knight's kiss " - Shaerih

Ellyana Lilli
I talk WAY too much

Postby Ellyana Lilli » Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:39 pm

You / Hojo did great so really no need to apologize. It is what it is and those other areas needed to be cleared and equally important dealing with as the encounter with whiny Balthazar. Recalling people back while those big nasty evils still threatened the castle and Bran etc. would have been tactfully wrong.

We "had no chance" with the Knights but kept at it and eventually took them down, though we obviously needed more help. The dying part and the way the deaths take forever to drop off is the real bummer, along with not being able to move back to certain areas carrying those deaths.

Perhaps deaths can be fixed or the whole 'not being able to move near a creature' can be disabled during special events or aggressive attacks / assaults for the whole of the lands - much like the way it seems to be for guild attacks. Or like the way the ferry has been triggered to run non-stop when that all goes down and stuff.

I've also noticed people don't always try and fight or retreat when down to a certain % - they stand there waiting for the creature to die because they don't want to be stuck in the position of being unable to move after dying. I don't blame them at this point but it can drag fights out even more.
'When there's no more room in Hell, the dead will walk the Earth' ~George A. Romero
'Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart'

Ellyana - 118743

Zanaan
Veteran

Postby Zanaan » Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:09 pm

For the record Ellyana, most of these events occur in places where you can still move even after exceeding the Death Counter, it is only areas that are considered hunting grounds that you can not venture into. This is regardless of events occurring or not. For example, one can get to the dig site by heading to it from the Milltown side.
Order Adjutant Viviyana raises her hands to receive the Blessing of Zanaan's Presence , "Oh, thank you."

Hojo Musachi
I talk WAY too much

Postby Hojo Musachi » Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:30 pm

A raves thread isn't really the best place for feedback, I would suggest the bugs or suggestion forum or an email to admin.

Bebhinn
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Bebhinn » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:01 pm

I had a fabulous time stuck in a box with Dabria and Cody. The frustration of not knowing what was happening outside added to the experience and I could not take my eyes off the staff once it was in my hands.!

Well done to everyone involved. Fantastic enjoyment on a wet Sunday afternoon.

Bebh x
War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin, keep out of the way till you can.

Doyle
Social Leech

Postby Doyle » Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:47 pm

Deaths via Balthazar up to 5 now I think... nice to see him out abd about again.

Xanthias
I talk WAY too much

Postby Xanthias » Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:18 pm

I don't even know how many times Balthy has killed Xan. :P

But I enjoyed the flavour text yesterday when I tried to stab him in the back!

"Xanthias simply dies." is by far the best death text I've ever had! :D Thanks Admin!

Dimitri Petrov
Veteran

Postby Dimitri Petrov » Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:27 pm

Xanthias wrote:"Xanthias simply dies."

That line alone made me laugh so hard I had to reread my half-finished post to figure out where I left off.

Live life with no regrets.

Dabria
Social Leech

Postby Dabria » Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:09 am

Xanthias wrote:"Xanthias simply dies."

Genuis. Pure genius!

*wanders off to find a cloth to wipe the coke form her keyboard with*
"Stabbing someone is no longer considered rude. Rather, it is now an acceptable method in which to end a conversation."
~Richard~

Quasha wrote:I'd pretend shock, but it's Dabria the Inappropriate.

Return to “Raves”