Appreciation

A place to post what you like about the game.
Honandad
New Adventurer

Appreciation

Postby Honandad » Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:13 am

I just want to say that while I may not be a very active character, there's something about the Dark Grimoire that is incredible. The creativity that it takes for characters to really be a part of this world is incredible and I appreciate every person who has put in the time and care to make this a real world for some of us. The characters here make the world and I wish I could devote as much time to the Grimoire as it deserves. To the Admins, thank you for doing this. Many days I wish VR was a real thing so that I could completely immerse myself in this world because there is so much to admire here. People put their heart and soul into this and I wish I had that level of creativity. Thank you to everyone who puts their best effort in. I have met many characters who I envy for their ability to convey how they act and feel into this system and I simply wish for all of this to grow.

While the idea of text based anything seems to be withering away (at least in the US, I admit I'm not a world traveler), I believe the mindset that has been set in place here is the future. The depth of feeling here is far away and beyond what any game has. I love games like Might and Magic and all of the Elder Scrolls, but it misses the mark on true commitment. Thank you, again. My greatest hope is that this game style and the culture that it has accrued never vanishes. The people here are a true testament to what gamers and creative minds can do.

Thank you. Please, all of you, never stop believing in this ideal. It shows the best in all of us.

Honandad
New Adventurer

Re: Appreciation

Postby Honandad » Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:24 am

As a last comment, I feel that this game has created something that almost can't be recreated in real life. Kindness and decency is sadly hard to be found, but it's everpresent in the Dark Grimoire. I couldn't ask for anything more from the folks that participate and I truly wish that more people were familiar with this oasis of the better half of humanity. I really cannot say thank you enough to those that made this happen.

Lavender
Social Leech

Postby Lavender » Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:45 pm

You might be right that the friendliness of the game is hard to find outside the game, unless you create it yourself in your life. The whole treat others as you wish to be treated is actually true. No you may not see the genuine appreciation for it now, but I hope that if we pass show that kindness to others we can teach the next generation to be kind and perhaps one day it will spread an people will actually begin to care about their neighbor again.
Lavender
Kindness is more important than wisdom, and the recognition of this
is the beginning of wisdom. –Theodore Issac Rubin.
It takes courage to be kind. - Maya Angelou.

Viviyana
I talk WAY too much

Postby Viviyana » Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:49 pm

Well put Honandad. I get that same feeling of refuge here, not only with the kind and welcoming environment but also with the beauty in the melding of so many creative minds. I too prefer the text based format which allows me to dwell within mind and imagination. Thanks for the reminder of just how unique and wonderful this place is, and thanks to admin and all the players for weaving the world.

Topaz
I talk WAY too much

Postby Topaz » Sat Jun 06, 2015 3:37 pm

>the beauty in the melding of so many creative minds

So perfectly put. Yes. And the text format is, in my opinion, the best way to do this.

Andy Feenix
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Andy Feenix » Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:35 am

Same here! Does anyone else get the feeling we're writing a novel as we play? Everyone adds to the story every time they participate. :wink:
Andy Feenix
Wha' goes aroun' comes aroun'.
Andy's Campfire, Songs of Trinald

Kenji Muramota
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Kenji Muramota » Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:13 pm

Im actually working on a novel about Kenji lol
Stare into the Abyss... Feel the Darkness of the First Sins stare back.

Kenji Muramota-173295

Achelle
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Achelle » Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:10 pm

Yay for community appreciation! <3
Zanaan the Unsartorial says "Me? I am always Modest my dear. In fact I am due a medal sometime that exemplifies just how splendorously modest I am. Why if only others could be as modest as I. *Looks to Zheq and whispers* What's modesty again?"

Topaz
I talk WAY too much

Postby Topaz » Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:28 pm

Oo. Kenji, I really want to see that.

Loki Jester
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Loki Jester » Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:11 pm

Kenji Muramota wrote:Im actually working on a novel about Kenji lol

That would be exciting to read. xD
Ridder Zeric of Admin says "[Broadcast] **looks at the fact 14 hours have passed on the clock** Oh. That explains why I'm tired. **collapses**"

Loki Jester

Return to “Raves”