Unique Beration

A place to post what you like about the game.
Arlondale Sotari
New Adventurer

Unique Beration

Postby Arlondale Sotari » Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:08 pm

I loved this one, and will of course take the hint and stop the experiments with slow burning, and blasting powder. "The strange creature wandering past is startled by the odd flames and leaps on Arlondale Sotari. Arlondale's remains fizzle away with the last of the colored flames." I had to laugh but also feel sad, as I was trying to think of things he could do with something that existed in game, namely making an on ground firework that shot out small flames out of the top with things like copper powder mixed in to add color. Sadly a god saw and did not like this, therefore all attempts at above experiments will now end. I am sorry to all who role played along with it, and to the Admins. I will from now on just stick to the stuff he is good at: Smithing, carving and the combination thereof. Arlondale will no longer love fire.

Miranda of Admin
'Rifterian

Re: Unique Beration

Postby Miranda of Admin » Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:22 pm

It feels just a little passive-aggressive to hide a rant in the raves forum.

That said, assuming I disregard that, you appear to be reading a lot into what happened and I suspect godly minds are a touch too elevated for successful guesswork.

On face value, Arlondale was conducting experiments resulting in odd colored flames. He chose to do it next to a strange creature. If it had been a wild animal the flames may have frightened it off, but clearly strange creatures react differently and dealt with the threat at source instead of running away.

Why assume from that it is a 'beration?' You are right, however, on one point. It was unique. I usually am.

PS: On a side note it might make good role play sense to find one particular skill and really hone it. Two at most. Maybe leave the weird fire to Kairiel. You should indeed also show extreme caution with things like this because they are bordering on tech that we don't fully have and / or magic.

Arlondale Sotari
New Adventurer

Postby Arlondale Sotari » Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:26 pm

Understood, I actually suspected that is what it was, just the way you did it. Would it perhaps be prudent to tell her how he made it and let her take it over? I honestly did not mean it as a rant, as I rather like the fact you interfered. And from a character's standpoint, Arlondale suspected it was you and was awed XD. And I just loved the way you did it, I suspect the other Gods would have been a bit more...forceful.

Arlondale Sotari
New Adventurer

Postby Arlondale Sotari » Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:33 pm

In hindsight I should have asked here in the forums before I began the experiments, not just relying on dice rolls XD

Kenji Muramota
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Kenji Muramota » Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:45 am

And by the way Arlondale. Never try to Arcane Blacksmith like I did with Kenji it had horrific results.. As you well know.. Just friendly advice. And if you want to expand your blacksmithing, or learn Wildgathering for field medicine. Hit Kenji up. Lapidary (Gemstone cutting polishing setting/Customizing jewelry.) Johnathon Cillian.
Stare into the Abyss... Feel the Darkness of the First Sins stare back.

Kenji Muramota-173295

Arlondale Sotari
New Adventurer

Postby Arlondale Sotari » Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:31 pm

Ah okay, I shall, and Arlondale can set gems, but rather crudely.

Return to “Raves”