Re: Storming the Fortress (and general thanks)

A place to post what you like about the game.
Miranda of Admin
'Rifterian

Postby Miranda of Admin » Sun May 04, 2014 12:44 pm

I usually am quite reticent about raves. I smile over them, am glad that things are noted and appreciated, but generally feel that adding to the thread seems somehow self-congratulatory. However, I wanted to reply to this one with some thanks of my own.

You may have noticed that Admin are responding to actions in-game rather than planning how things will go and then carrying them out. As a result, a lot of what happens -- and a lot of the storyline development -- develops naturally and organically. The kidnap of the Queen was not something that was planned out in advance, but because of the few comments or actions that sparked it off, I've had the pleasure to run with one of the most exciting events I've been privileged to take part in as player or Admin. This kidnap and assault, with the story, areas, beasts and role play that went with it, was not even a concept a week or so ago.

The reason I am sharing that with you is because I want to especially thank Kane and Zeric for their help preparing and carrying this out, and for joining me in utter sleep-deprivation over the weekend to try and get everything done in a very short space of time (and of course to actually run it for near enough ten hours.) I feel extraordinarily fortunate in the team we now have in place, whose creativity, love for the game and sense of humor -- oh, alright, I admit it -- make this a total joy.

I also want to say thank you to all of you. The time you put in, the loyalty you demonstrate towards the game, your willingness to take part in events like this and your general role play ability give meaning to everything we in Sunrifter do. This assault was an excellent demonstration of that. One huge strength of the DG community is its comradery and helpfulness, and I really enjoyed watching different levels of characters come together over a shared goal once again.

This leads me to my final point of thanks. The Iron Knights Raffe, Hojo and Cody have had a large part in progressing this storyline, both through the breadcrumb trail laid out for them and also by their own decisions and actions. The characters have faced opposition (both open and veiled) but have not deviated from their belief that in a war situation, doing the right thing is more important than being popular. They (and you all, come to that) have dealt with challenging NPC role play with great skill.

Thank you.

Zanaan
Veteran

Postby Zanaan » Sun May 04, 2014 3:53 pm

Thank you to all the admin and to the knights for not just this, but all that you have done of late. The sheer tireless dedication that many of you put forth is astounding, and is one of the reasons this game is so great. What I suspected was going to be a few marcs raid into a small confine proved much more when I checked my phone at work many hours later and found out the raid was still very much going on ((Balthazar had recently said something along the lines of 'how long must i torture you for' or something to that effect)), and I cannot wait until I begin to hear the details of all that I missed.

I reflect on where the game is now, and where it used to be in years past, and the difference is astounding. The events feel more fluid and reactive to player interaction rather than 'go find mystery items and come back, pray, and all is good', and there has been a great deal more of them due to the commitments of those previously mentioned (There were years where nothing of note really happened.)

So thank you Admin, you have restored what in many ways was a slowly decaying game, and in my opinion have made it better than it ever was, even way back when it caught my attention almost 11 years ago.
Order Adjutant Viviyana raises her hands to receive the Blessing of Zanaan's Presence , "Oh, thank you."

Zeric of Admin
'Rifterian

Postby Zeric of Admin » Sun May 04, 2014 7:05 pm

Probably the most fun I've had as admin since I became one.

All the frantic preparation and hours invested are worth it when the community engages with it so well. You were all interesting, exciting, breath-taking, heartbreaking and hilarious throughout, and it was a pleasure to be involved.

I also want to echo the praise for my fellow admin, who between them must have broken some sort of 'speed worldbuilding and demon population' world record.

Bravo.

- Z

Lavender
Social Leech

Postby Lavender » Sun May 04, 2014 7:17 pm

Thank you I have never had a character feel as if she made a difference like I did in this battle, wish I could have gotten more of my characters involved, perhaps in the future. I SO was falling asleep and yet trying not to fall asleep with my phone in my hand! Lol I did not want to sleep I was so engaged! Thank you to ALL the admin and other players that made this so fun!
Lavender
Kindness is more important than wisdom, and the recognition of this
is the beginning of wisdom. –Theodore Issac Rubin.
It takes courage to be kind. - Maya Angelou.

Kenji Muramota
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Kenji Muramota » Mon May 05, 2014 3:27 am

THAT WAS COMPLETELY AND TOTALLY EPIC! I seriously cannot rave enough about this event. The Roleplay, everything that happened with this event and the 'Im sure' Fallout and ensuing wrath to come. Ive played for about 5/5.5/6 years now((I cant remember. Senior Moment.)) And this 9/10 hour event had to have been one of the most riveting things that has ever happened that I experienced. If nothing else. This shows that we can as a whole community do some amazing things. ((Also I have to ask.. The Fortress looked completely awesome. Was Silent Hill a inspiration on that?))
Stare into the Abyss... Feel the Darkness of the First Sins stare back.

Kenji Muramota-173295

Xanthias
I talk WAY too much

Postby Xanthias » Mon May 05, 2014 11:00 am

There has been a great deal said here already and I'd love to add to it!

I've seen admin come and go and I'd like to be one of the first to say that the current admin team is FANTASTIC! Not only that but seeing all of those adventurers gathered together to do something that hasn't -ever- been done in this game was absolutely stunning!

I was literally in tears by the end of the night. Joyful and sad both! The storyline was dynamic and engaging! Those involved were fabulous! Seeing the fortress was both amazing and scary!

I can't speak for others, though I can speculate, that it has lead to some stunning character advancement. Xanthias has seen a lot in his time walking the lands but -NEVER- has he seen something like what was inside that Fortress!

Thank you to admin and players both! I haven't had that much fun in this game in ten years!

quasha lavarte
Social Leech

Postby quasha lavarte » Mon May 05, 2014 1:12 pm

Being stuck on the kindle was the hardest it's ever been for this event! I loved it though and would've played on my phone if I'd had too! Kudos to all. Every player did great and this admin team rocks for sure. :wink:
~ Stop throwing bread at me I am NOT a duck! ~
http://www.darkgrimoire.com/cshow48789.html

Return to “Raves”