Dropped Items Light

A place to post what you like about the game.
Cerberus
I talk WAY too much

Dropped Items Light

Postby Cerberus » Mon Dec 15, 2003 5:51 am

I just noticed fighting in the goblin tree that when I kill something and it drops a torch on the ground the room lights up.

That's really cool =o).
What kind of game would you make?
"I'd make a game about sarcasm and farce and put Cerberus in charge. =D" ~ Ben of Admin

Cory
Site Admin

Postby Cory » Mon Dec 15, 2003 12:18 pm

Bah, you just noticed this? Thats been in game long before you were :P Light is cumulative, so any items equipped by anyone in the room and ones on the floor all add up. Basicly any light thats unobstructed helps.
[url=http://darkgrimoire.com/cshow31.html:ob7uupbm]Cory[/url:ob7uupbm]
President/Developer Grimoire Entertainment Inc.
[url=http://darkgrimoire.com/contact.php:ob7uupbm]Click here to Contact an admin[/url:ob7uupbm]

Ben
Lead Worldbuilder

Postby Ben » Mon Dec 15, 2003 10:33 pm

That was in the game before I was in the game. =)

Another nice thing is buying several torches... you can drop them along your path, or just in the room you are in, to light up even the darkest nook. As long as a light item is either on the ground, or equipped in your inventory, it shines. If its in your inventory and not equipped, it does not shine.
Ben
Grimoire Entertainment Inc.
Click HERE to contact Ben or another Admin. Actually, don't contact Ben, he's somewhat pretty much retired.

Cerberus
I talk WAY too much

Postby Cerberus » Tue Dec 16, 2003 2:27 am

I knew character equipped light stacked. =o)

I just never noticed the torches and what not before, since I'm generally playing some very shiny clerics.

I just noticed it now yep, and I was like thats cool. So I raved =o).

I was considering the torch drop item with my low level character, but the 3 minute drop decay would make that rather aggravating. And, I don't mind fighting blind. There really should be a combat penalty for that.
What kind of game would you make?

"I'd make a game about sarcasm and farce and put Cerberus in charge. =D" ~ Ben of Admin

Return to “Raves”