Nexus

A place to post what you like about the game.
Dabria
Social Leech

Nexus

Postby Dabria » Sat Apr 15, 2023 10:26 pm

I really enjoyed today's event, especially the expansion of the area, and the opportunities it will give both for role-play and, moving forwards, its potential for "added extras" for the professional experience of those just starting on their chosen paths.

Thank you, admin, for your time and efforts with this story arc. All areas and items were really well written, and Dabria cannot wait until her enabler has the chance to allow her to explore it all further!!
"Stabbing someone is no longer considered rude. Rather, it is now an acceptable method in which to end a conversation."
~Richard~

Quasha wrote:I'd pretend shock, but it's Dabria the Inappropriate.

Threne Nyx
New Adventurer

Re: Nexus

Postby Threne Nyx » Sun Apr 16, 2023 4:19 pm

Despite my inability to participate in any exploring (curse Threne ((lol)) and his inherent pessimism), I’d still like to second this!

Thank you for the effort and good humor. I’m so very curious— and beyond excited to go and thoroughly explore later when there are no prying eyes.

Synvasti Shymere
Adventurer

Postby Synvasti Shymere » Sun Apr 16, 2023 7:17 pm

OOC

Thirded. RL being the obnoxious beast it is, I wasn't able to dive into the RP this expansion deserves, but I'm looking forward to future chances!

Love the tome names!
I long for the song of the morning, the dancing of shadows at dusk, and the silence that closes the night.

Turcko
Veteran

Postby Turcko » Sat Aug 05, 2023 9:11 pm

(posted as the player, not any of my characters)
As the Nexus repair wrapped up in the most successful way (or at least, this chapter of it did), I'd like to take a moment to rave about this iteration of the Nexus arc.

We sometimes forget that admin think about whole story arcs that are intended to keep us amused and engaged for months, if not years.

During this arc, we got to put our minds together to try and solve a puzzle: which items could power a seven streamed ritual?
Then we got to try and make that ancient ritual work (magic not tried in ages!) and stuff blew up!
And then everyone got to enjoy a couple of weeks of accusations, "Told you so!"s and finger pointing on why it all went kaboom.

At this point I feel some among of us lost sight of the big picture (see bold line above). We didn't do anything wrong. There was no blame to assign. It WAS scripted to go kaboom. Convince me otherwise :wink:
When has stuff ever gone neat and pristine and smooth with a plan in Trinald, and where would be the fun in that? :D

What did we get out of it going 'terribly wrong' ? The Nexus got expanded with amazing RP potential, we found just what we needed to make our plans a success and the future possibilities for the Nexus are quite a lot, much more than we thought possible at first!

So, while I want to profusely thank Admin for this arc and the beautiful work done in the Nexus, I would also like to leave for consideration the following for myself and my fellow adventurers:
- Exactly how much added fun did everyone have when some lost sight of the big picture and decided that culprits needed to be found for wrecking an (yet to be finished) story arc?
Turcko, Falx Monde, Ivan Monde, Argoth

Cody F
Social Leech

Postby Cody F » Sat Aug 05, 2023 11:22 pm

I agree with this. I'm grateful for what admin did giving us that really amazing story to think with, imagine with, puzzle over and run with. I just wish we all could have actually enjoyed it. I look forward to seeing what happens next with everything that was found up there!

Return to “Raves”