What would you like to find in one

This board contains announcements, discussion and planning for in-game events.
Shannara
Experienced Adventurer

What would you like to find in one

Postby Shannara » Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:01 pm

Ok here goes this is my first ever contest I've done so please bare with me. Now for the contest I have been very lucky to aquire some treasure boxs. So this is the contest I wanna know what you would like to find in one, it has to be something new not something already you can get in one. An item of course it could perhaps have a certain purpose or just be something silly but fun. You can write about it or you can draw a picture and describe it as well, all drawings must be oringal not taken from some where else. Only one chacter per person please enter. There will be three winners each will get a treasure box. First place winner will also get a tb plus 1000 plat. Second place winner will get a tb plus 500 plat. And thrid place winner will get a tb and 250 plat. The contest will run till the 10th of this month. Ive seen alot of talent and awesum ideas from alot of peole on Dg so get with it and get to thinking. The judges will be me and Ba-Ku 8) If you have any questions you can pm in game as well. My chacter number is 15804. thank ya'll so much and have fun cant wait to see some awesum ideas! Good luck to all. :wink:
It's funnier now that I get it

Hacken
New Adventurer

Re: What would you like to find in one

Postby Hacken » Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:40 pm

I'd like to open a Journal Box...umm...I mean, a Treasure Box...and find...Another Treasure Box!

Not a regular, old style Treasure Box, but a new kind of Treasure Box that's smaller and encrusted with jewels...perhaps bearing the clever name "Small Jewel Encrusted Treasure Box" :wink:

Now, when you get a Small Jewel Encrusted Treasure Box you know you're in for something good. These new boxes would appear in Treasure Boxes rarely...maybe less than 5% of the time. SJETB's are not locked and undroppable, so the bearer of the box can freely open it without the assistance of a rogue. When you do open, you're guaranteed one of two things...either a very good item like a foolproof self/item mod scroll or a shard...or...the SJETB explodes "killing" everyone within the same space.

50/50 chance for extreme loot or instant death for you and those around you. Good clean fun.

Urkki
Veteran

Postby Urkki » Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:34 pm

Bag of insta-ale powder, just add water. One bag contains enough powder for 5 large mugs of ale. Fun and practical, you don't need to carry all that ale to that distant place where you farm/train/whatever...just a bag of powder and if you can find a source of water...it's party time.

Ever wondered who sponsored who? Here's your chance to find out: Lineages!

charid for all the contests I forgot to post it for: 29984 ;)

AKA Azure
I talk WAY too much

Postby AKA Azure » Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:52 pm

The box would contain, one perfectly preserved through magic, pet animal.

Once opened the animal would come to life and bother... umm bond with the individual who pet it. It could be a cat, dog, rat, bunny, turtle or even some sort of bird.

Like with Scooter, when you 'pet' the animal an emote shows. It could be the animal barking, purring, squeaking, withdrawing into its shell, or singing; or it could just show that the animal was pet.

Game mechanic wise the owner would need to 'equip' the animal for it to be seen by others but only the owner could interact with it (as an automatic emote).
Azure Greenhills 83729
Lineages!

Angelina Darkwood
New Adventurer

Postby Angelina Darkwood » Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:29 pm

Oh Az, that would be truely wonderful
Your heart is free, have the courage to follow it

Alfin
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Alfin » Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:46 pm

AKA Azure wrote:The box would contain, one perfectly preserved through magic, pet animal.

Once opened the animal would come to life and bother... umm bond with the individual who pet it. It could be a cat, dog, rat, bunny, turtle or even some sort of bird.

Like with Scooter, when you 'pet' the animal an emote shows. It could be the animal barking, purring, squeaking, withdrawing into its shell, or singing; or it could just show that the animal was pet.

Game mechanic wise the owner would need to 'equip' the animal for it to be seen by others but only the owner could interact with it (as an automatic emote).

Alfin Slowhand opens a box bringing to life a miniature blue Iron Knight!!
Alfin Slowhand attempts to pet the Knight but can't seem to catch it...
--- There is only one truth, but many views of it.

Alfin
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Alfin » Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:11 pm

All kidding aside...

I would like to see a Rod of Darren's Defense
Equipped in a shield slot. But much less clumsy. It would provide a defensive "shell" around the bearer.
You could have a whole family of rods....
"Miranda's Mercy" to heal and stop bleeding (limited to 3-6 charges)
"Natasha's Knock" to open locked doors (also limited to 3-6 charges)
"Xia's Surprise" Recalls a LM at random (3-6 charges)
"Cory's Crush" doubling of damage (5-10charges)
"Ben's Brilliance" +2 light for 3 marcs (3-6charges)

A way that all can feel the power of the gods, also so folks can get a taste of the power of the other classes.
--- There is only one truth, but many views of it.

Ba-Ku
New Adventurer

Postby Ba-Ku » Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:53 pm

* chuckles and starts to take notes*........ these are all some great ideas so far ... i cant enter cuz i am judging , but since we are on the subject.. do you know what i have always thought should be in TBs ? ..... PLAT !! ...good old fashion plat!
I'm just your run of the mill, mean as hell, cruel hearted, sadistic, evil Leader
Once you get to know me...Hell will come easy

Shannara
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Shannara » Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:40 am

Ah then you would find me in the treasure box then rite BaKu *winks* :lol: Ba-Ku is so rite tho very awesum entries so far thanks to ya'll.

Ba-Ku
New Adventurer

Postby Ba-Ku » Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:46 pm

come on 3 more days ....heres another idea for one .." Shannaras book of spelling and reading comprehension" .. -13 Int ...;) ...lol....we always wondered where the gibberish scrolls came from huh ...;)
I'm just your run of the mill, mean as hell, cruel hearted, sadistic, evil Leader

Jessa Starlight
Adventurer

Postby Jessa Starlight » Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:41 pm

I think it would be funny, every so often to have something like a genie which pops out and will grant you a wish. Sometimes the genie will grant it, sometimes it will play a prank on you (eg: give you lice, turn you into a frog for 2 marcs or something like that) and sometimes It will give the rogue that opened it for you aload of plat or a shiney.

I would like to add, i do not find them i just open them, therefore i will benifet from either getting a laugh or getting rich. :D
Jessa Starlight - 48570

asrai
Adventurer

Postby asrai » Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:25 am

ALE!!! Can't go wrong with ale.

gita rax
New Adventurer

Postby gita rax » Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:34 pm

had some initiates ask where to go lately, and even maps are confusing sometimes,
so i'd like to find a TPS in a treasure box.
a Trenaldian positioning system, would be used to find exact ways to get somewhere from your current location, no matter where. it would give compass directions in order to let you kno what directions and landmarks you would pass, to let you kno your heading the right way, even including directions like use fairy or enter portal. it would not have to be equiped and could be used by any perfession any lev, but would be very rare in tb's, and when found would be a prized piece of equipment.
to use, you would just hit use, then enter a use screen and type the location you want to go, and it would kno where you are allready, and would give instructions on how to get there. then, it would have an alternate button, to give alternative ways to get there, say if you are not nobil and it requires a fairy, or your too low lev to go through an area, and would tell you weather or not the trek requires fighting, like passing through the western mountains.
the description fore the TPS would look like this,
trenaldian positioning system
this device can tell you where to go from your current location
charges unlimmited, weight 10 professions any
even though i usualy don't need this, i'd love to have it!
char 163875
if one has goals, one has a future
when one has a future, one has a purpose

Jael
New Adventurer

Postby Jael » Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:26 am

I would think it a great delight to find, upon opening one of those elusive treasure boxes, a Song Stone. Fitting easily into the palm of all but the most massive Warrior’s hand (such as Islander’s) it is irregularly elliptical with a concave curve on one side and slightly spongy to the touch, although it appears to be a smoothed chunk of dark red granite stone . . . until you pick it up.

A duel purpose item, it has the enormously useful ability, if hurled at an enemy, to emit such a high-pitched piercing scream that shatters the eardrums of any living evil (that HAS ears), or decimates anything that does not. . short of the Darkest Evil himself . . . so profoundly that it simply ceases to exist. Faintly reminiscent of a Sandclaw Burster.

Yet even more curiously, the Song Stone, if gifted to a friend or other worthy being, will inexplicably probe the mood of the bearer, and, if held close to the bearer’s ears and squeezed gently, it will softly purr a melody to soothe the deepest needs of heart or soul . . whatever they be . Like one's own personal minstrel . .

Or at least that’s what I have been told. . . although I, myself, would be careful whom you give it to, just in case I’ve been misinformed. :)

Ba-Ku
New Adventurer

Postby Ba-Ku » Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:41 am

some more great ideas ....ill have to read Jaels again later ... kinda lost interest after you used Islanders big warrior hand rather than mine ... way to grease the jugde!! ...lol....... but seriously , nice job you guys .... 2 more days!!! ....... hurry !!

Shannara
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Shannara » Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:18 am

Well BaKu is head of Islanders fan club so i been told......Maybe I should get one? This contest has been so much fun so far i love to see all the awesum ideas and such good sence of humors! And Id like to thank everyone so far who has entered or just made a lil comment :wink:

Scally
Adventurer

Postby Scally » Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:56 am

I would like to find a matching set of a Shann-tionary, and a Shann-sarus...

Topaz
I talk WAY too much

Postby Topaz » Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:56 am

Books and maps. For example:

1. Pre-Golden Age maps of cities such as Watertown, the town surrounding the desert tombs, the lost parts of Verthedge, and other places that exist as ruins if they still exist at all.

2. Map of Oleron

3. Ethucan city maps

4. More informative historic books like "Aldwythe's Landing" and some new Ethucan journals

5. Treasure maps. Some would be merely decorative, but others might actually lead to the location of valuable treasure if an adventurer followed its instructions. (OOC if the map indicated, for example, the Dundee sewers, the adventurer would go to that location and then push "Use" on the map. The map would vanish and in its place would be a random treasure.)

Topaz

Blythe
I talk WAY too much

Postby Blythe » Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:40 am

Socks.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D
Raffe Rychmin

10x2

Islander
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Islander » Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:45 am

I'd like to find a Tainted Treasure Box ............
.....the Tainted Treasure Box can only be found in N'rolav and can give 1 of 3 items.

Cursed Ring
Rumored to be a Blessed Ring that has over time become tainted by the evil of N'rolav, the ring itself is made of a dark metal as black as the midnight sky that absorbs ambient light while faint glowing runes pulse rhythmically allowing the wearer to feel more powerful.

The feeling of added strength comes at a price, for while the ring is worn every step taken sacrifices a bit of the adventurer's lifeforce.

Str: 1 Light Source: -1 *Nobility Required* Effect: 1HP drain for every step Professions: ( ANY )

==========================================================

Essence of Balthazar
- Instant death and a parting gift er I mean smite "Curse of the Demon Lord".

==========================================================

N'rolav Goblin
- permanently steals 1% of the adventurer's total plat.
- inflict a wound which will bleed heavily before the Goblin escapes.

Islander 2859

Return to “Contest and Event Planning”