Invent a Drink Contest

This board contains announcements, discussion and planning for in-game events.
Bebhinn
Experienced Adventurer

Invent a Drink Contest

Postby Bebhinn » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:41 am

As Fall Festival approaches and to celebrate the opening of our Malthouse and Vinery I’ve decided to hold an “Invent a Drink” contest.

What I would like you to do is name and create a recipe for a new drink in Valorn …simple ?? …well almost there are a couple of rules.

Rules and Guidance

1. The reason behind the Name of the drink needs to be explained.
2. All ingredients must be found in Valorn. The ingredients for the recipe can be actual items such as a Korunga Fruit or they can be taken from an area description such as rose petals from the rose bushes in the southern plains. The place the ingredient is found must be stated.
3. Assumptions regarding ingredients are also allowed but please explain that assumption. So for instance you can say if we have lemonade we must have lemons.
4. A description of how the drink is made can be included too.
5. All entries should be submitted here on the forum.
6. The contest is open to anyone including Learned members, one entry per character.
7. Closing date is Saturday 18th October at 9pm UCT.
8. Please can you add your character name and number.
9. Judging will be by an independent Judge who has no links with the Guild or the contest.

Prizes
There will be 3 prizes on offer for this contest …. 20000 plat, a droppable ingot and an amulet of the order (small edit :) )

Any questions please ask. And a big thanks to Auda and Ard for the inspiration behind this.

Bebh xx
Last edited by Bebhinn on Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin, keep out of the way till you can.

Bebhinn
Experienced Adventurer

Re: Invent a Drink Contest

Postby Bebhinn » Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:43 pm

It with great pleasure that I can announce that the ever so wonderful Miranda has offered to create the winning drink (subject to any ooc concerns) and place it on sale during Fall Festival !!

Miranda you ROCK ! :D

Bebh xx
War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin, keep out of the way till you can.

rikm
Veteran

Postby rikm » Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:08 pm

Lemonade be a favoured drink of mine and I was looking for a way to be adding a bit o' bit to it. This be what I came up with.
I be entering the base drink but included a popular variant.

~ The Stinger ~ (variant ~ The Fiery Sting ~)

The name be referring to where the drink gets it's bit from... the venom from giant scorpions. In my research I have yet to be finding an instant where someone died from swallowing a scorpion's venom.

'The Stinger' is thick and yellow-green in color. This lemon based drink has, along with a tang, a slight bite to it. A feeling of increased strength and vitality seems to come over the drinker, but yet has a calming soothing effect.
(( seems to increase ones constitution and strength while hampering ones dexterity and inteligence ))

'The Fiery Sting' is a variant using 'The Stinger' as a base. A mixed drink of both Barbarian Ale and The Stinger (ratio of 2 to 1) served steaming hot provides much more of a kick and the calming soothing effect is even more pronounced. (Barbarian Ale is able to be purchased from the costumed waiter in Port Perfadis)

This can be a very dangerous undertaking if care is not used!!!

What you will need:
stingers (including the glands) from a giant scorpion ~ you can find scorpions in the desert north of Milltown
empty jars (you may need a few of these) ~ you can purchase new ones from Weslau, the traveling merchant who frequents the south plains... or purchase used ones you can find just be sure when closed they still make a tight seal
lemons ~ This is a bit of a secret but I was able to find a supplier through one of my favoured establishments
sharp knife or dagger ~ There are a many merchants all over Valorn that sell daggers and other sharp objects for cutting
2 buckets and one with water ~ can retrieve a bucket from the fountain south of Dundee
a tool for mashing ~ Cornell of Dundee sells spiked maces but I find a small ball mace works well or even the hilt of a dagger
a silk or other type of cloth for straining purposes ~ use some old clothing or buy a new piece or a remnant from a textile artist

Directions:
Part 1
~ Gather together the items needed. The hardest of these will be getting the stingers from the giant scorpions.
~ Extract the venom (This is a skill that few are told and able to learn) from a stinger and it's glands into an open jar remembering to close the jar when finished. If you need to use more than one jar it is alright as you can keep the excess for some time in a cool dark place. Best to mark it too just in-case.
~ Cut the lemons into small pieces removing the peel, the white coating under the peal, and the seeds. Placing it's meat and peals into the empty bucket discard the rest.
~ Now is the time to use the mace (or if you have another implement) to mash the peal and meat together in the bucket.
~ Loosely fill the jars with the lemon mash. Don't worry here should be enough room for the venom.
~ Now is the time to add some bite. Opening your jar of venom add a small amount to each jar of lemon mash. Depending upon the size of jar 1 finger width is usually enough for a medium jar. Top off with water. Remember to close the venom jar.
~ Seal the jar and leave in a cool, dark , and dry place for at least 6 weeks (1008 marcs). Do not worry there is no need to stir as the product will develop a color and the flavours will mix. (The longer you leave it the better of a mix in taster and the more potent it becomes. 6 months or a year would even be better.)
~ Clean tools and buckets used. You may need more water for this.
Part 2
~ After you are finished waiting the liquid in the jar would have become thicker and developed a greenish tint to it with the heavier ingredients have settled.
~ Fill a bucket with water.
~ Drape a cloth for draining purposes over an empty bucket. (It be alright to let it sag into the bucket as long as the sides drape over)
~ Pour you first jar into the cloth. Gather the sides when empty making the cloth in a ball twisting to drain the liquid into the bucket.
~ If you have made more than one jar continue this method until the bucket gets full.
~ Rinse your jars that had the liquid mixture in it and re-use for bottling 'The Stinger' juice you have made.
~ Continue draining liquid into the bucket if needed otherwise you have a potent beverage.

Now it be time to enjoy. Just remember to clean up after you are done.

Narian, Unity of Light #130249

AKA Azure
I talk WAY too much

Postby AKA Azure » Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:37 pm

*sets a drink on the table*

Drink name:
Night Smoke

Ingredients:
Half glass Night Corn
Quarter glass lemonade
Eighth glass cider
Crushed Ice
Sliver of lemon peel

Begin with the manufacturing of a small distilling apparatus. The Jeweler in Ryndal appears to have the fine touch necessary for such careful metal working. If there is one around for distilling perfumes, and it could be cleaned, this would be excellent for the task.

Place in the still a measure of the finest recently harvested Fartown corn. After utilizing the still for its proper purpose, take the decanted fluid and age it in a charred barrel until close to the next harvest. This will give it a proper smoky sweet flavor and a dark color. This makes Night Corn.

Take a half glass of Night Corn and blend it with a quarter glass of lemonade and an eighth glass of cider – generally available around fall festival. Pour over crushed ice dug from the Ice Caverns.

Garnish with a thinly sliced peel of one of the lemons used to make the lemonade.
Azure Greenhills 83729
Lineages!

Urkki
Veteran

Postby Urkki » Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:40 am

Urkki's surprise ale

Take a full large mug of ale and place it under the table. Then yell "surprise" and drink it.

Ever wondered who sponsored who? Here's your chance to find out: Lineages!

charid for all the contests I forgot to post it for: 29984 ;)

Auda
New Adventurer

Postby Auda » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:18 pm

I have great respect for you Urkki the tree builder. You aided me when I didn't know what to do. You are a good man. - But, wouldn't it be more surprising if I found you under a table and poured ale over you? *braces herself and waits for the punch line* just a thought, not a contest entry.

Rizzy's Fizz

This recipe is inherited thru many generations of sly women, from my great great grand mother Rizzy Ruthless. She was a bold but shy Rogue. I remember, when old and nearly blind, she would sit in her rocking chair throwing knives at the trophies on our cottage walls. Made us all very alert, but now this is Rizzy's tale...

Rizzy was farming in the desert collecting heads and tails. She never missed her prey, or so she told us children. But her swift hands shook and her heart thumped every time she saw that handsome cleric sitting at the fire place above the bar in Milltown. He could tell a good darn joke and he was always surrounded by sweetly smiling and laughing ladies. Rizzy wanted to pack the ladies in a bag and shoot them off with a cannon to far far away.

She was hauling back her loaded pack through the desert when she encountered a scorpion. It didn't attack her. She tried to attack it but she could not. She dropped her dagger, swore and started to cry her heart out, her tears falling like rain down on the scorpion. In that moment the scorpion came to life and my great great grandmother thought, now I'm friggin done for! The scorpion crawled around in circles making hissing sounds, shaking it's claws and then it stung!
stung itself right in it's own head and died. Rizzy stared at it and had a revelation. She took it's stinger.

Back at home she made a love potion. The ingredients as I now count,

One glass of Lemonade
Pulp of rare Scorpion tail stinger
Seven tear drops

Stirred well, it looks and tastes like ordinary lemonade but with a fizz

She found the cleric alone later that night and offered him some lemonade. Thank you he said -I believe we have not met, please come sit here by the fire. Tell me about your adventures. They talked and laughed exchanging stories and his brown smiling eyes never left Rizzy's face. At dawn they parted, their laughing echoing down the streets. But before leaving her the cleric looked grave and said – I never felt like this before and he kissed Rizzy's cheek.

Ahh the rest, is ancient history, but you can guess. They bonded and never a day went by without silly jokes, teasing or funny hide and seek games resulting in cackling laughter.

NB! This Love potion really does work, even if the intended victim hates lemonade and secretly pours it out behind their chair.
Auda

Lucy Gray
New Adventurer

Postby Lucy Gray » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:12 pm

A question about rule#2. Are items found in all guild halls allowed? Or should we limit ourselves to those ingredients found in areas created by the Gods?

Bebhinn
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Bebhinn » Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:12 am

Sorry Lucy ingredients should come from areas which have been created by the Gods not by us mere mortals :D

Bebhxx

Lucy Gray
New Adventurer

Postby Lucy Gray » Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:51 pm

Thanks for the clarification.

Auda
New Adventurer

Postby Auda » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:58 am

Contest entry from Vala 169215

Perhaps this as an ice breaker good folks?

Midnight Blessing

Before handling or sampling some of the wine, make sure you are a Cleric! If you are not, get one. The rest is simple. Haggle with the elegant waiter at the restaurant at Port Perfadis for a good price on wine and nectar. You might need to hire a ferry too. Buy fresh lemonade in Milltown. Good potent powder can be obtained from the Enchanter in the desert.

Forty buckets of wine
Two hundred small glasses of Sweet Nectar
One bucket of lemonade
Magic Powder to rim the glasses so they sparkle in the darkness.
Snow to chill the wine properly

Empty your garden fountain of water and pour all of the ingredients in and mix it well with a staff. Turn the fountain on just at midnight when your guests arrive. Midnight Blessing tastes sort of silky sweet and fruity and looks like ..err diluted wine! If you know your guests well and they are a bit jaded. Maybe add scary surprise effects, some frogs and Swamp vipers swimming around in the fountain?

The best thing about this drink is the effect!: every time they take a sip they go: ** yummy **

Soon Midnight Blessing may be served at all the finer Taverns, Inns, Fall Festival parties and wet Tunic contests in Valorn.

fixed an error.
Auda

Urkki
Veteran

Postby Urkki » Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:38 pm

Auda wrote:I have great respect for you Urkki the tree builder. You aided me when I didn't know what to do. You are a good man. - But, wouldn't it be more surprising if I found you under a table and poured ale over you? *braces herself and waits for the punch line* just a thought, not a contest entry.

In that case the drink would be called "Fury that even Balthazar would be scared of", as for the punch line, I don't punch girls.

Ever wondered who sponsored who? Here's your chance to find out: Lineages!

charid for all the contests I forgot to post it for: 29984 ;)

Ellyana Lilli
I talk WAY too much

Postby Ellyana Lilli » Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:50 pm

Moondust Merriment

Serves 6

Ingredients:

6 Candyballs – Found on the trade or at Valorn merchants generally around the Fall Festival
1 Carafe of wine – Made by your favorite cleric or found on Kilican, Ethucan and often Valorn merchants
Fruit from 3 fruit & nut plates – Found on Kilican, Ethucan and often Valorn merchants or made by your favorite enchanter
2 glasses of sweet nectar - Found on Kilican, Ethucan and often Valorn merchants
Raw spider silk – Water Spider or found at a merchant
Glowing blue crystal – Pried from the hands of a crying enchanter (kidding!!) Blue crystal guardian

When Lucy and I saw this contest we immediately clunked our heads together (Yes, it hurt) and set off to work and dirty up our hands some more to create something we thought would be fun and festive for this time of the year. We hope you enjoy our concept!

So you start by crushing the candyballs into to a fine powder. Spread evenly over the bottom of a metal pot. Add some water to just moisten. Set the pot over a fire and stir constantly, removing from heat if the mixture starts to boil rapidly. When the candyballs are fully dissolved in the water, remove the pot from the fire and allow the syrup to cool for a part-marc until it begins to thicken. Dip the rims of your serving glasses into the syrup. Turn the glass upright and drizzle the candyball syrup over the sides of the glass. The mixture will ooze down the side of the glass and harden as it cools, forming a sweet and decorative glaze. To cause the drizzled syrup to slightly crackle on the glasses, (if you desire this effect on the glaze) place the still warm glasses in a bucket of ice crystals to cool faster. Do this one at a time and remove the glass quickly so that the glass itself does not crackle, just the yummy candy glaze.

Now collect your fruit from the fruit and nut plates and peel any with thick skins or rinds. Carefully chop 1/2 the fruit into chunks and then place in a large bowl. Cover the fruit with half a carafe of wine and then sprinkle with crushed candyballs if the fruit is not fully ripe. Allow this to soak for 6-12 marcs depending on the firmness of your fruit.

It is then time to smash the fruit and strain large chunks.

Mix the remaining wine with the sweet nectar.

Then fill your glasses half full with pulpy liquid.

Then fill the remainder with the wine/nectar mix.

Now for the finishing touches to the glasses which gives the reasoning behind the name of the drink. The faintly glowing blue dusting is from a glowing blue crystal gathered and crushed to a very fine power (one crystal will go a very long way and decorate very many glasses) and ever so lightly sprinkled into the spider silk which has been wrapped decoratively around the balance of the glasses for that extra festive touch.

It is our hope that drinking Moondust Merriment, especially during the fun and in the spirit of the Fall Festival festivities, will bring cheer, and that good times will be had by all!

Just do not eat the glass! =)

Ellyana - 118743

Lucy Gray
New Adventurer

Postby Lucy Gray » Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:38 pm

I'm posting this for my oh-so-shy friend, Natasha.

----------------

Tasha's Zombie Ser'prise

Supplies
Morris' Mug o' Mystery (found in the banks of some seasoned adventurers.  Ya may be wantin' to employ one of yer sneakiest rogue friends to find some fer ya since I be thinkin' Morris be all out.)

Candyballs (They often  be sold durin' this Fall Festival shindig and stockpiled in the banks of adventurers with a sweet tooth (if they gots any teeth left) that even a sweetroll or two can not be satisfyin'.)

Ant Legs
Scorpion Stingers (cleaned and boiled to remove any remainin' venom)
Dull and Glowing Crystals
Gremlin Toe Nails (cleaned and boiled jest because they could be havin' toenail grime)
Somethin' sharp fer carvin' stuff

This be like a crafty type o' thing and a drink all in one. Now, I know what yer all thinkin'. Natasha Dellemorte don't be the crafty lookin' type o' girl. 'Specially knowin' that be true iffin' ya be knowin' me, but this don't be any ordinary type crafty-thing! So ya start by carvin' yerself out a mug from a thick tree branch to look like a zombie head. Was gonna try usin' a real zombie head at first, and jest be cleanin' 'et out and all, but that did not be turnin' out so good. In fact, I can't rightly be sayin' no more about that.

Next, fill up yer newly carved out zombie head mug with some of Morris' Mystery Drink.  Add yerself some crunchy, delicious and decorative garnishes includin' the candyballs that float 'round like eyeballs and some ant legs and scorpion stingers that be hangin' over the tops of the mugs lookin' all gross and creepy like.

When servin' this up at a party ya can drop the glowing crystals into two or three of them mugs and then drop yerself the dull crystals and gremlin toes in the rest. Yer guest would be wise to take that last gulp carefully to see what ser'prise be lurkin' round the bottom of their drink! 

And that be me special Zombie Ser'prise! Be havin' a Happy Fall Fest!

Natasha Dellemorte #139551

Scally
Adventurer

Postby Scally » Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:53 pm

Scally's Harvest Lager

First, a brief history.

While not exactly a secret, few are aware that the name Scally was once known far and wide in the lands of Kimald. For as long as that name has been around, there has been a proprietor and his or her kin operating Scally's Home - a humble and warm Inn which aimed to always offer a place to rest one's feet, quench one's thirst, and guarantee good company.

An annual tradition, long held and anticipated, hosted by said Inn and the family currently tending to her, was the Harvest Ale Competition. Concluding the days of hard work that saw the seasons end, each Lord and Lady, hard working farmhand, soldier, Enchanter...any and all of the population, who felt up to the challenge was invited to prepare a single cask of brew, to be presented and judged. Over the years, the panel of officiation typically was formed by the winner of last years competition, the current head of Scally's Home, a representative of the Royal family, and five citizens who contributed significantly to the bettering of life for all in the lands of Kimald over the year past.

As good natured an affair as one can be, the events took place over the course of an entire day, with the official tasting being held in the afternoon, and the unofficial presentation to the general public in the evening. To the creator of the winning brew (winners have ranged from The Cloudy White Ale, to the infamous "Korunga in the Ale Surprise"), went 20 kegs of the renowned Scally's Harvest Ale. As old as the competition's tradition, so too was the tradition of the winner offering up the day's prize to all present, competitor and spectator alike. A rare once-a-year treat, the tapping of the Harvest Ale was always answered by a hearty cheer by all present. Many speculated as to the secret of it's near-legendary flavor. And that secret has held - to this day.
~
Now is not the time to regale you all with the tales of the last days of Kimald, but I will tell you that amongst the little that personally made it to Valorn with myself during that frightful time, was a pouch of seed, belonging to none other than the very flowering hop used for the aforementioned Harvest Ale. While over the years, I have tried unsuccessfully to get one of these precious few to flower, this year, within the Memorial Garden on the grounds of the Remnants of Kimald guild hall, I have finally been able to see yet another piece of home find new roots here in Valorn. And with some zeal, too - I was able to try something that I had only watched my Mother and other family members do, with this years flowering.

The secret to the process lay not only within the hops - so too was there a secret to the process. As any maker of ale will tell you, it requires a specific degree of temperature to see a successful fermentation of an ale. What was discovered generations ago, was a different process, which required a temperature much closer to that of freezing, something which was easily done deep within the guild hall cellars. Doing this requires a bit more time, as well, for the yeast at this temperature seems to get a little sleepy, and will actually stop floating, and find it's way to the bottom of the aging cask. While we are not sure where or how this process was gifted to my relatives so many years ago (however, there was a rumor that the secret came from a chance encounter with the fabled Kimaldian Dragon), we do know that with the process, was a name for this particular kind of brew: Lager, and not ale.

Offered to you this year, a taste of what was once home. While I make no claim on it being as good as the beverage once called "Liquid Sunrifter" (a name perhaps approaching blasphemy, but a good indicator of it's high regard), what I have made I present to you all as my entry for this year's contest. On behalf of generations of those known as Scally, please enjoy!

superduck
I talk WAY too much

Postby superduck » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:41 pm

Lemonale.

Ale getting stale? Taste doesn't suit you? Now, try LemonAle. Combining Lemonade and Ale, for the best of both worlds.

For every two large mugs of LemonAle, use three small mugs of ale, one lemon, and a candyball. Slice the lemon in two parts, squeeze one half adding the juice to the ale, and stir. And there you go, a refreshing beverage! Taste still a bit too sharp? Crush the candyball, carefully adding small portions to your liking. Be careful, however, for adding too much is not only bad for your teeth, but also counters the refreshing taste the lemon adds.

It's simple, it's easy, but it's great!

ps: Optionally, you can surprise yourself with a treat such as this, by following the method Urkki described.

Thorin the Dainty.

As it says to the left......I talk WAY too much. ;)
And yes, I am fully aware that currently it says so to the right, rather than the left, which used to be the location for said line, but I am simply too lazy to change it for you.

Shirila Blades
Veteran

Postby Shirila Blades » Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:08 am

LOL((And I really did!))
"Everyone knows the only one unmatched in blade is me. Probably the only one who can claim knowledge of multiple classes is Shirila."
Hacken

"Or you children of today, are children of the grave"
Will never be tamed

rikm
Veteran

Postby rikm » Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:31 am

Warm Bos Milk
This whitish liquid with a slight brown tinge to it has a sweet taste.

It is a wonderful thing to drink when wishing to relax.

There are a few things you'll need to gather yourself before starting... like a cooking pot of some sort, if camping a old helm will do fine, and something to stir your milk.
If you are camping then some firewood and perhaps a torch to light the wood.

Well this can be the hardest part... the gathering of the milk from a female Bos. I would rather pay a farmer to milk one for me. An empty bucket will be needed for this task in either case.

Over a put the milk in a pot or helm depending on what you have and place indirectly over the fire. Now you must stir continuously until the desired sweetness. The darker it gets the sweeter it is, however be careful not to burn the milk as you would have to start all over again.

If you wish to be more fanciful you could drink it from a carved out Bos horn, there should be a,ple supply from adventures, but any mug will do.

Durnhem (125267)

Dain Quickblade
New Adventurer

Postby Dain Quickblade » Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:58 pm

I was thinking with Fall Festival coming up, and the weather getting cooler, and the nights longer, a warm drink would be nice. I happened to recall one I learned how to make from an old friend, and for this drink, the presentation is just as important as the making of it.

Long Night's Respite
So called because on a long, cold night, it is a very nice little treat, a break, or respite, from the cold and darkness.

For the drink you will need:

Items
5 Big Buckets: dropped by Fierce Gremlins. Empty them out.
Several Empty Jars: Can be purchased from Weslau the Travelling Merchant
Silk: I've found purchasing silkspun outfits from Kris the Textile Artist in Branishor, and then ripping them into strips when needed works well.
Fire: Start one. Just need some wood, and a source of starting the fire. Either find someone who knows how to, or find an enchanter.
A Large Kettle, Lid, and Stirring Item: Go to Wil the Grillkeeper on this, and ask to borrow one. WASH THOROUGHLY before using though. Don't want any leftover Sewer Rat Stew in there.
Cutting Item: Take you pick here on this one, doesn't matter, but a smaller one is easier to use.

Ingredients
Pure Water: Get from the fountain south of Dundee. Fill 4 Big Buckets full of it.
Honey: In Ethucan, in Iscax, lies Muriel Park. The bees here produce exceptional honey. Gather 1 Big Bucket Full, being careful not to get stung. (Note" I am making an assumption here, on there being bees. However, we have various types of pollinated flowers blooming, correct? Not a far-fetched or unreasonable assumption, I would think.)
Lemons: Grab four of them. Wil the Grillkeeper should have some, since he sells lemonade.
Tree Moss Tea: Get four cups of this to use. Go after Enraged Dryads for this ingredient.
Ale Yeast: Talk to anyone who produces ale. Jeffrey the Innkeeper in Dundee would work. (Making another assumption here, but since we have ale, why not ale yeast, used in making it? If that doesn't fly, it does not need to be used, simply increase fermentation time.)

Steps
1) Add your water to your large kettle, place on fire, heat to boiling.
2) Add honey, remove from heat, stir well. Slice the lemons, and add the honey water mixture, with the tree moss tea. Let it sit covered until cool.
3) Uncover, pour into empty jars, and add a small amount of ale yeast to each, then seal the jars.
4) Let sit for two weeks, then using silk, strain into the cleaned buckets, clean the jars, and place the drink back into the jars.
5) Seal, and ferment two weeks more.
6) Your Long Night's Respite is now drinkable, but it's not done yet!

Items for Preparing it to Serve
Bos Horn: Get from a Bos.
Gold/Silver: Get rings/amulets from the creatures in the desert tomb
Fine Mire Gem: Mire Hags and Fierce Gremlins have these
Fine Jewel: Mayor of Dundee
Water Gem: Raging Water Elemental
Large Kettle from before: Already have from before
Empty Jar from before: Already have from before
Enchanter's Aid: Grab a friend!
Cleric's Aid: Second Friend!

Steps
1) While your drink is fermenting, find a jeweler to help you, such as Alfidia in Iscax, or Rynn in Ryndall.
2) Have them hollow out the Bos horn, and polish it inside and out until it shines
3) Give them the gold and silver to melt down, and use to adorn the horn with, as well as the gems. When they are done you should have a very elegant drinking horn to use.
4) Once you have your drinking horn, and your drink is ready to be served, add the drink to the large kettle from earlier.
5) Have your enchanter friend, using a fire staff, gently heat the drink up. This could be done with a normal fire, but the magic adds a nice touch to it.
6) Once heated to a nice warm temperature, have your cleric friend cast a blessing of light on the drink.
7) Use the empty jar to add the drink to your drinking horn, and serve.

There you are! A Long Night's Respite, a warm drink of liquid light that chases the cold and dark away, and provides a nice break from everything when drunk as a long, slow draught. It's a lot of work to make and serve properly, but believe me, it is well worth it. Even the drinking horn, when saved, is a nice little treat.

Dain Quickblade, #166423

Valera
Adventurer

Postby Valera » Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:18 pm

Tusonee's Terrible Tongue-Tying Elixir

Ingredients:
lemonade
korungas
ice crystal
viper venom

Necessary equipment to prepare:
zombie head(s)
mortar and pestle
rock, axe, or hard instrument
one viper fang

Preparation for one serving:
Mash 4 korungas to pulp. Fill an empty jar half full of pulp, then fill the rest of the way with lemonade and shake until well-mixed. Sit jar out in the endless desert for 3 days, or until well-fermented. Scoop out a zombie head, and pour fermented mix in. Stir 100 times with a viper fang. Pound on ice crystal until well-crushed, and add to mix. Stir thoroughly.

After 1 of these drinks, you will most likely have lost the ability of coherent speech, and may not feel your nose. Don't worry, effects are temporary. Developed by Tusonee and Valera, and tested on Valera, this drink is an example of warrior ingenuity in the absence of ale! Recipe can be easily increased for larger amounts.

Tusonee 158653 and Valera 125399
"Get a life? What is this life you speak of?"

Blythe
I talk WAY too much

Postby Blythe » Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:39 pm

My idea is much simpler than the grand inventions of the others, but here goes anyway...

Mead.

How it's made: Same way the Ethucan's make wine, except with honey instead of sugar to ferment it.(You would have to find an Ethucan wine maker to get those secrets out of them)

Why Mead: Why not? Wine is called wine because its wine, so mead is called mead because... its mead.

They can barrel it in the spring to be ready for the Fall Festival. Served either warm or cold, its a good intercontinental flavor for fall, much like Cider - except mead tastes better :D
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D
Raffe Rychmin

10x2

Return to “Contest and Event Planning”