Acronym game II - the return of killer acronym!

This board contains announcements, discussion and planning for in-game events.
Urkki
Veteran

Acronym game II - the return of killer acronym!

Postby Urkki » Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:53 am

What is it this time?
I'll give you acronym...like grumpy and you'll write a story. Like this: Greedy rogues understate many precious yields. Then you pick a word from previous sentence...I'll pick yields...Youthful indiscretions eventually leave doors shut. So the story would be: Greedy rogues understate many precious yields. Youthful indiscretions eventually leave doors shut. Or if I picked up many the story could be: Greedy rogues understate many precious yields. Most adventurers need yields.

Rules:
1 ) Only one entry per character per acronym.
2 ) All entries and entrants names (remember to add charid) must be posted on this thread
3 ) Deadline 15th of March, when I'll post it's over
4 ) You can change entries before the deadline, if you think you got better one
5 ) No added letters/words
6 ) Each word must start with the letter, no apostrophes or nonstandard English allowed
7 ) Punctuation, use it as you want within the acronym/sentence pair - one acronym, one sentence. If you want to sound like Shatner, it, is, up to, you.
8 ) Rules may be added or changed if judges think it's necessary. If some entries won't qualify because of adding/changing rules, entrants will be informed.
9 ) Have fun
10 ) use at least 10 acronyms/words, more might impress the judges more...just saying...;)

prizes:
1. TB, month of nobility (either to the winner or to person named by winner)
2. 1250p
3. 750p

this is where you start
Actually I decided not to give you an acronym, I'll give you a title , pick a word/acronym from that and get started. You have time till march 15. Have fun!

Title: One fine day in Valorn.
Last edited by Urkki on Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:28 am, edited 3 times in total.

Ever wondered who sponsored who? Here's your chance to find out: Lineages!

charid for all the contests I forgot to post it for: 29984 ;)

Gar Windgust
New Adventurer

Postby Gar Windgust » Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:52 am

"One Fine Day in Valorn"

First edit; To acknowledge new rule.

Ooops, forgot to edit this post and just entered a new one..... :oops:
Last edited by Gar Windgust on Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

Urkki
Veteran

Postby Urkki » Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:47 pm

I think I need to point out that we want each acronym to be sentence, not part of a sentence. I mean it's about acronyms, for example cd = "compact disc", not "compact. Disc". If you have a five letter acronym, make it a five word sentence. Punctuate within it as you like.

Thank you, carry on.

edit: I'd like to point out that the minimum of acronyms used has been raised to 10, see rules for more info. ;)

Nya Lyn
New Adventurer

Postby Nya Lyn » Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:11 am

One fine day in Valorn, finishing infinite notorious enemies... every night executing mostly indestructable evil sources. Each Valornian expresses rough youthful endeavours and comes hearted. Henceforth, every accurate reveller today exterminates danger.

Fine-
Enemies-
Every-
Each-
Hearted

-More to come?? This is much harder than it looks!! :lol:
-and actually i think ive broken at least one of the rules..
Its really hard to make each acronym a full sentence that makes sense as it leads to the next.. some slack Urkki?*looks hopeful*
The Learned

Gar Windgust
New Adventurer

Postby Gar Windgust » Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:52 am

One fine day in Valorn.

Valornians ate leftover obsolescent roc nightly. Little else frequented tables of Valornians except roc. Turtle and bos leftovers encroached sometimes. But only sometimes. Some obstinate men even took it mapping every Sunday. Eventually Valornians eyed nobles. Nibbling on bos leftovers ended swiftly. Eleven nobles died each day.
Diets in Ethucan differed. Ethucans tauntingly held up cakes and nuts. Are nuts dangerous? Nowhere under the sunrifter. So ultimately nuts reigned, I found them resplendent.
Roc eating is giving never ending delight. Now every Valornian eats roc.
Gar Windgust

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

vardian
Experienced Adventurer

Postby vardian » Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:28 pm

One fine day in Valorn, orderly Nutrias excavated. Endless xenophobic creatures aggravated very angry tourist Ethucans dreadfully. Digging relentlessly, evil armadillos developed further; utilising lovely transcendent yields. Feeling unloved, rather than help, Ethucans ran. That hindered angry Nutrias. Howling incandescently, Nutrias demanded Ethucans remain ever dormant. Every Valornian expected repercussions. Respected Ethucans passed every road cursing unworthy social suspects, irritated over nasty suggestions. Unusually, no warriors or rogues thought helping yielded. Hideous Ethucan ladies ploughed, injuring Nutrias’ gardening. Past laughing, one ugly gardener held Ethucans detained. Goading allcomers, rather determined elderly Nutrias evilly roared. Every Valornian initiate leapt loudly yelling. Listening out, Urkki denounced licentious yawping. Little initiates crept, ever nervous, towards irrationally opulent ungrateful sightseers. Taking out weapons, armed raiders demanded sanctions. Rather angry, initiates declined extending raised swords. Suddenly worried, off ran digging sissies. ‘Oh foreign friends!’ flounced one rather enigmatic initiate getting nowhere. Gregarious Ethucans thanked the intiates now grinning. ‘Getting rescued extends geniality and rapturous impressions of us socially!’ (Rather aptly put, taken unduly reprehensible other underlying struggles). Onerous talking helped everyone recover. Relaxed Ethucans cordially ordered visitors extended reciprocations.

One
Excavated
Angry
Dreadfully
Further
Than
Hindered
Ever
Repercussions
Unworthy
Helping
Ploughed
Gardener
Evilly
Loudly
Licentious
Towards
Raiders
Swords
Off
Foreign
Getting
Gregarious
Rapturous
Other
Recover

Cripes! That was harder! Sorry about all the repeated words!

Vardian
Your bullets cannot harm me - my wings are like a shield of steel!

Urkki
Veteran

Postby Urkki » Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:44 pm

Nya Lyn wrote:-and actually i think ive broken at least one of the rules..

yup.
Nya Lyn wrote:Its really hard to make each acronym a full sentence that makes sense as it leads to the next.. some slack Urkki?*looks hopeful*

If this competition was run by Asrai...but as it isn't...no slackers. ;)

Nya Lyn
New Adventurer

Postby Nya Lyn » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:31 pm

*applauds Vardian's book like entry that still follows the rules and bows gracefully out of the competition*...
Oww....My head hurts..

The Learned

vardian
Experienced Adventurer

Postby vardian » Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:45 pm

:cry: CHange your mind dear - coz trust me - mine hurts too! :lol:

Urkki
Veteran

Postby Urkki » Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:33 am

Thanks to anonymous donor the prizes now include month of nobility, to the winner to use as she/he pleases.

:P

JezzTheWarrior
Adventurer

Postby JezzTheWarrior » Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:22 am

One fine day in Valorn

VALORN: Various apathetic loafers ogled running newcomers
LOAFERS: Looking overwhelmed, adventuress fair earnestly returned stares
STARES: She tried asking recumbent enchanters, seriously.
TRIED: They replied, indicating erroneous directions.
ERRONEOUS: Even rough rogues offered no evidence of useful succour
OFFERED: Overtly friendly faces evaded requests, effusively dithering
FRIENDLY: Finding real instruction elusive, nearly desperate lady yelled!
DESPERATE: Despite everything, she persisted, eventually receiving answers truly enlightening.
DESPITE: Dashing excitedly, she passed initiates tendering earnings.
TENDERING: The entrance neared, drawing even reluctant inhabitants, newly gathered
THE: Thirsty huntress entered
HUNTRESS: Holding unlikely nourishment tossed recklessly, experimentally she sipped.
SHE: Sweet Heavenly elixir!
HEAVENLY: Heady earthy ale virtually eradicated newcomers' lonely yearnings.

Jezzara

Urkki
Veteran

Postby Urkki » Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:00 pm

Come on people...you still have time to enter and win! ;)

Hojo Musachi
I talk WAY too much

Postby Hojo Musachi » Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:03 pm

One fine day in Valorn

Various apprentices lounge often, rising nil. Often fighting tankards every night. Each vagabond earnest, ranting, yelling. Very angered groups are, by outrageous nonsense done. Going rounds, unity passed, shunned. Gods often intervene now, gracefully. No one wanders. Watching and nodding, doing everything right, sometimes. No one daring dares interrupting Gods. Doing alright, rejoice erupts soon.

Posting on behalf of Asrai. #58418

"I'm afraid, Isoyami, I have probably already said more than was bought by the Knight's kiss " - Shaerih

AguaVerde
Adventurer

Postby AguaVerde » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:22 pm

I'm working on it. I'll post soon! :)

Aroha
New Adventurer

Postby Aroha » Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:35 pm

One fine day in Valorn. Velvet aromas lifted over ready nourishment. Not overly understated relish in spiced home meats, eager Nobel's tended. Undone, new delicacies evoked eagerness, rushed salivation, tantalizing, adoring, temptation, enveloped dusk. Time, arrested nailed time, aggravates life in zest, ill needed gratification. All gave grace, reverent and virtuous, all though esurience stirred. Vista, ideal radiant table, upon outstretched upland slopes. On unyielding timber, sweet tender roses enriched trimming, cloth hung etched delicately. Unsheathed nuts, yams in engaging lactescent dumplings, inviting native gourds. Lentils and cress tackle endless summit cream, eggs nestle tiptop. Nectareous elderberry, strawberry, tamarind located exclusively. Side-table topped rich accommodates wine, Borsky's, endless refreshments, ripe, yielding. Yes, it expands lust, demanding, in needing glorification. Grateful, lively our rogues inhale, feasting, indulging, chuckling and talking inbetween of noshing. Imbibe, new harvests ale, like enlightenment. Ears nimble, listening intently given height that evening now mingled everywhere near them. Not overly worried. Outed vivid exotic romance, lush yarning. Other universe tales, edgy, drawn. Tantalizing and lavishly enchant senses. All nervously devoted. All look, listen. Longing intent so to engage notice. Sweet ordeal. Our rogues delighted eye and learning. Deviously expiring, left in golden heat to escape death. Leaving early, frustrating theatergoers. This has eternally, a trick, expire right good, our exasperating rogues say. Oh, unruly rogues. Under nights rare unawareness lives you. Remembering all rosy endings.

Valorn, nourishment, understated, tantalizing, aggravates, virtuous, outstretched, unyielding, lactescent, nestle, strawberry, yielding, glorification, inhale, enlightenment, now, overly, outed, tales, and, all, listen, so, ordeal, delighted, left, theatergoers, our, unruly, rare.

OMG this was so much fun! *giggles*

Aroha #160484

vardian
Experienced Adventurer

Postby vardian » Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:49 pm

*applauds loudly and goes to have a little lie down*

Urkki
Veteran

Postby Urkki » Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:21 pm

Time has been extended with 5 days.

so the new deadline is around 20th.

vardian
Experienced Adventurer

Postby vardian » Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:29 am

Aha! Prolonging the torture! *chuckles*

Can I clarify one rule - we can edit before deadline - and then the rule no added letters/words - I take it we can EXTEND our entry if we like?

Urkki
Veteran

Postby Urkki » Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:32 pm

Yes and yes. You still have some time to do it. I'd say 20 hours...or so. Give or take 2 hours. :wink:

vardian
Experienced Adventurer

Postby vardian » Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:50 pm

Thanks - well then - the new and....erm... no not improved actually entry:

One fine day in Valorn, orderly Nutrias excavated. Endless xenophobic creatures aggravated very angry tourist Ethucans dreadfully. Digging relentlessly, evil armadillos developed further; utilising lovely lucious yields. Feeling unloved, rather than help, Ethucans ran. That hindered angry Nutrias. Howling incandescently, Nutrias demanded Ethucans remain ever dormant. Every Valornian expected repercussions. Respected Ethucans passed every road cursing unworthy social suspects, irritated over nasty suggestions. Unusually, no warriors or rogues thought helping yielded. Hideous Ethucan ladies ploughed, injuring Nutrias’ gardening. Past laughing, one ugly gardener held Ethucans detained. Goading allcomers, rather determined elderly Nutrias evilly roared. Every Valornian initiate leapt loudly yelling. Listening out, Urkki denounced licentious yawping. Little initiates crept, ever nervous, towards irrationally opulent ungrateful sightseers. Taking out weapons, armed raiders demanded sanctions. Rather angry, initiates declined extending raised swords. Suddenly worried, off ran digging sissies.

‘Oh foreign friends!’ flounced one rather enigmatic initiate getting nowhere. Gregarious Ethucans thanked the intiates now grinning. ‘Getting rescued extends geniality and rapturous impressions of us socially!’ (Rather aptly put, taken unduly reprehensible other underlying struggles). Onerous talking helped everyone recover. Relaxed Ethucans cordially ordered visitors extended reciprocations.

Eventually, tired, hungry underlings carried away nervous sorts. Tremulous initiates read Ethucan diaries. Dastardly irate (and really incensed) Ethucans saw. Imaginative running allowed them escape. Eventually serene Cordelia admonished people emphatically. “Everyone must place himself after the insolent, conniving and loping locals yelling!â€
Last edited by vardian on Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Contest and Event Planning”