Just For Fun! Create a New Spell or Weapon

This board contains announcements, discussion and planning for in-game events.
Ellyana Lilli
I talk WAY too much

Just For Fun! Create a New Spell or Weapon

Postby Ellyana Lilli » Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:21 pm

This contest is to create either a new spell or a new weapon that is not in the game/lands. This is of course JUST FOR FUN AND GAMES and does not mean there will be any actual new weapons or spells. One entry per person BUT you can enter one of each in that entry!!! :wink:

Please post your entries in this topic. The contest will end on Feb 19th.

Spell: Create a spell (blessing or enchantment) that you think would be useful to your fellow adventurers, not-so-useful or just plain silly, fun, etc. if they could be cast in the lands. Please include the name of the spell, what exactly the spell does, (its effect and what stats if any it effects) the cost, duration of that spell and why you like it. Also please include if it is a blessing or an enchantment.

Weapon: Create a weapon that is not currently used in the game. Please describe the weapons looks and the attributes such as power (AC/Attack/Stats) profession, uses/functions, level, weight, benefits/disadvantages, the weapons name and why you like it.

***WOW! Since we have had so many entries so far we are keeping plat prizes the same as initially listed (550, 450 and 350 for 1st, 2nd and 3rd) BUT we are branching out into 2 categories - with twice the chance to win big plat!!

Great entries so far. GOOD LUCK!!***
:lol:

Prizes will be as follows (updated to add more prizes!!!!)

Serious Weapon/Spell Category:
Prizes will be as follows for this catagory, based on what the judges like the best. Tis always the hard part!
1st - 550 plat
2nd - 450 Plat
3rd - 350 plat

Funniest/Silliest Weapon/Spell Category:
Prizes will be as follows for this catagory, based on what the judges like the best. Tis always the hard part!
1st - 550 plat
2nd - 450 Plat
3rd - 350 plat

So let the creative juices flow! Also, members of The Knights of the Vow who are not judges are free to participate.

Any questions you can contact me in game or post them here.
Ellyana

Thank you and have fun! =)

The Knights of The Vow
Last edited by Ellyana Lilli on Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:10 pm, edited 6 times in total.
'When there's no more room in Hell, the dead will walk the Earth' ~George A. Romero
'Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart'

Ellyana - 118743

Albell Nox
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Albell Nox » Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:13 pm

Blade of Cruel Punishment

This Blade is one of a kind, gems on the handle and hand guard, sharpened to cut threw the thickest hide or armor. the blade itself is polished so well thats its like looking at a Mirror when the sun is deflecting off of it. The Blade was Made by the Gods For the Gods.

Con: 4 Dex: 2 Int: -1 Str: 6 AC: 4 Attack: 32 Level required: 63 Weight: 14 Charges: 15 Effect: Paralyze Enemy *Being A God Required*
-I rather be hated for what i am then loved for something im not

-Do you know where your plat is *grins*

-Albus Nox
http://www.darkgrimoire.com/cshow41809.html

Morris
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Morris » Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:57 am

Flight of Icarus

rather than a portal being summoned it would be a cannon, that has slighty better aiming and actually sends you where you want to go, apart from that the normal cannon rules remain

Cerberus
I talk WAY too much

Postby Cerberus » Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:05 am

Spell

Type:
Blessing

Name:
When life gives you lemons... make ale!

Desc:
Spell only works on Azure Greenhills. Makes any sip of lemonade turn into ale.
What kind of game would you make?
"I'd make a game about sarcasm and farce and put Cerberus in charge. =D" ~ Ben of Admin

Jessa Starlight
Adventurer

Postby Jessa Starlight » Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:09 pm

wow i was actually about to say similar thing...

Type: Spell

Name: Kerblammo

Description: When someone comes up with a similar idea before you and words it better, you can turn them into a puff of smoke.

Will Rook
New Adventurer

Postby Will Rook » Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:11 am

Well, after an amount of pesterin from a certain someone...*shoots an innocent sideways glance towards Ellyana*

Type: Blessing

Name: Channel Strength

Description: Sacrifice half of your own hit points, to heal targeted character that amount

Required Power:All
Required Level:15

(Just in case anyone would wonder why anybody would use this over healing, this is a blessing. Which means it can be used mid-combat. Whether or not it could actually be programmed is one thing, but seeing as how the title is 'Just for fun'...*winks*. Sorry for a serious entry among other, not so serious ones....I think they're not, anyways....)

purazon
Social Leech

Postby purazon » Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:39 am

New "weapon" / tool

Pitchfork Image
----------
Farmers around Dundee and Milltown use these as a tool to lift and throw loose agricultural products hay, leaves, or other agricultural products.
It is also a widely used by those who can not afford the more advanced weaponry.

Attack: 4 Weight: 10 Professions: ( I )
Last edited by purazon on Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Purazon 12387

Today is yesterday's tomorrow. Enjoy it.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero.
Trinaldian Archives - Library

superduck
I talk WAY too much

Postby superduck » Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:16 pm

Pugio
=========
This dagger of Ethucan origin is mainly used by the personal guard of the Holy Empress in close-quarters situations. The leaf-shaped blade is easily concealed, making it popular among assassins as well. On some formal occasions, pugiones with decorated hilts are visibly worn by high-ranking officers.

Dex: 1 Attack: 10 Weight: 1 Professions:( W R )

Thorin the Dainty.

As it says to the left......I talk WAY too much. ;)
And yes, I am fully aware that currently it says so to the right, rather than the left, which used to be the location for said line, but I am simply too lazy to change it for you.

Nya Lyn
New Adventurer

Postby Nya Lyn » Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:57 am

Spell:
The Light of Obtuse Defence

A spell that arcs light onto foe that have a habbit of "double teaming". The intense light dazzles them, thus allowing you to fight one foe at a time without gaining damage from both.(not sure if this wouldactually work-but just for fun).

Dex: +2 Con: +2 Light: +3 Effect: Dazzle Enemies

Weapon:

The Silver Singer

A long and magnificent blade, razor thin and light, made from the finest of metal. As it glides through the air prior to connecing with a foe, a low humming sound is emmited, thus it "sings". Favoured by the most skillful of fighters.

Strength:2 Light: 2 Attack: 18 Weight: 4 Level: 52 (W C R)
The Learned

Lug
New Adventurer

Postby Lug » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:32 am

Weapon:

Mums wooden leg: Consists of a special attack of "Sticking it where the sun dont shine" Effect to seriously weaken your enemy, as you'd imagine!

An Enchantment from Cribbins: "Create rat stew from water" Does what it says really!

Ellyana Lilli
I talk WAY too much

Postby Ellyana Lilli » Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:33 pm

*laughs* Great job so far everyone! :)

Still about a week left. Have fun!
'When there's no more room in Hell, the dead will walk the Earth' ~George A. Romero

Ellyana - 118743

Gar Windgust
New Adventurer

Postby Gar Windgust » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:14 pm

Spell: Blessing of Cory's Honesty

Once cast upon an object, anyone in the vicinity of that object can not lie.

Power Cost: 100
Duration: 6

Wouldn't it be great to know that anyone you talk to can only tell you the truth? Even if it's only that the gosh darn ink is blue!!

Weapon: Broadsword of Stature

Similar in all respects to a normal Broadsword, so it can be used by anyone. With the added attribute of +1 Attack for every 10 stature points the bearer has.

Attack: 5
Weight: 12
Level: 11
Profession: IWCRE
Nobility: No
+1 Attack/10 Stature Points

Just an added little perk for those who are most respected in the lands.
Gar Windgust

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

rikm
Veteran

Postby rikm » Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:49 pm

ImageLongsword / The Knightly Sword
(They are basically the same sword the Longsword is similar to an excellent weapon while the Knightly version is similar to an imperial weapon)

Working in the suffocating heat of the forge, hammer rings loud with the reshaping of metal. The product of the undertaking begins taking shape. The shape of a long bladed sword.

Primarily a used in thrusting it has visibility in it’s uses. It is similar to a spatha but with a few differences. Lighter, less wide blade, a more protective guard, a groove that runs about halfway up the blade, and Valorn design.
The blade is a not a knights sword but rather a nobles weapon made for those with the skill of a warrior.

(These are approximations)
Overall Length: 38â€
Last edited by rikm on Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JezzTheWarrior
Adventurer

Postby JezzTheWarrior » Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:37 pm

Image Cast Iron Frying Pan

This seemingly innocuous, large and well greased pan is perfect for adventurers who prefer to bludgeon their opponents to death with a blunt instrument. It is dual-purpose in nature, being both lethal at close quarters and a handy campfire accessory when preparing meals out in the field. It also happens to make a very satisfying CLANG when brought into speedy contact with metal armour.

Professions (ANY)

AC 4 ATT 10

ST +1 CON 0 DEX -2 INT 0

Weight - 25 Level - 15 Light - not even close

Why I like it:
Well it would make a good item for some of the more domesticated amongst us. It doesn't take a great deal of skill to swing it but the user might feel a little unbalanced during a fight. It can be used as a shield in a tight spot, plus... get that bos steak from pasture to table with the minimum of fuss!

Jezzara

Thank you, Purazon for the Frying Pan icon!
Last edited by JezzTheWarrior on Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Blythe
I talk WAY too much

Postby Blythe » Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:10 pm

Labrys - Image
----------------
This weapon was brought into use by Ethucan expeditionary forces. The double-headed battle-axe originates from some of the more remote reaches of the continent. Its long handle provides a great range for swinging this heavy weapon and twins blades offer an unprecedented opportunity for attacking on the back swing.

Dex: -1 St: 1 Att: 22 *Nobility Required* Wt: 15 Level: 40 (W)

-----------------

Why I like it:
Axes are kewl.
Last edited by Blythe on Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D
Raffe Rychmin

10x2

janelle
New Adventurer

Postby janelle » Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:44 am

Infusion of Caffeine

Ever have a morning were ya just can't seem ta wake up? Writing, spelling and speech more incoherent than usual? Everything ya do seems not to go as planned? Well, for just such a day you could have a spell that will aid and assist your sleepy headedness!!!

Con1
Str 1
Int 2
dex 2

Euclide 122005
Last edited by janelle on Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

vardian
Experienced Adventurer

Postby vardian » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:23 am

*ROFL reading Jezz and Janelle*

The Banjo of Oblivion

A lightweight, elegant weapon, used to greatest effect in the inns of Valorn to counteract the curse of the sleeping adventurer.

Weight: 4
Attack: 5

Also assists with intelligence +6 (all musicians are intelligent ;op) and improves dexterity +3 (all musicians need to be able to dodge the flying bottles)

Light: -7 (all musicians look better playing in the dark - improves the tips)

Also greatly enhances your chances of being bought a drink and attractiveness to other adventurers.

When used in the field also effective in banjoing the enemy.

(thanks to Purazon for the icon!)

Vardian
Last edited by vardian on Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Your bullets cannot harm me - my wings are like a shield of steel!

Ellyana Lilli
I talk WAY too much

Postby Ellyana Lilli » Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:08 pm

I am really enjoying everything I am reading *smiles* and since we have so many great entries, we have edited the prizes a bit, reflected in my initial post, but I'll also put it here. Prizes will remain the same, basically we doubled them and made two catagories.

Thanks everyone for making this really fun.

if you've not entered yet, there are still several more days! :)

Serious Weapon/Spell Category:
Prizes will be as follows, based on what the judges like the best. Tis always the hard part!
1st - 550 plat
2nd - 450 Plat
3rd - 350 plat

Funniest/Silliest Weapon/Spell Category:
Prizes will be as follows, based on what the judges like the best. Tis always the hard part!
1st - 550 plat
2nd - 450 Plat
3rd - 350 plat

Ellyana - 118743

Valina Ravenclaw
Adventurer

Postby Valina Ravenclaw » Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:26 pm

Ethucan pilum

This weapon is thrown at the begining of fights, damaging the opponents armour and leaving him more vulnerable to your attack.

On impact, the tip bends so that the weapon can not be thrown back.

Re-usable after every fight

Professions:all
level:10

effect: about the same as low-level poison daggers, works only once per combat

rikm
Veteran

Postby rikm » Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:54 pm

Mist of Damnation

When cast by an enchanter a fog envelopes their enemy. The fog seems to cause a sickness in the target and they no longer see as well.

Mist of Damnation (cast upon ones enemies)

Effect: an enveloping mist effects all enemies in the area lowering their attack, health, damage. The exact amount has never been calculated but it is said to be similar to a clerics ring or poison.
Casting: Only may be cast once every 24 marcs. A creature can only be affected by one spell at a time and the spell must wear off before another can take affect.
Level Required to Cast: 25
Power Cost: 1000
Duration: the spell lasts for 1 marc unless the enemy is killed before then.

Curunir 130264

Return to “Contest and Event Planning”