A Celebration of Guilds and History

This board contains announcements, discussion and planning for in-game events.
rikm
Veteran

A Celebration of Guilds and History

Postby rikm » Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:11 am

We at the Unity of Light are planing on organising an event. This event will be based around history and hope to get many of the guilds involved in participating. I have recently been trying to find more on different aspects of history and thought this might be a good idea and upon speaking to others I was not the only one.

What is it? We are planning on having the participating guilds give a presentation of their own history. A telling of their guilds story. This could be their philosophy, past or current members of note, events, or anything else you may think pertinent. It could be done in the form of a presentation, play, guided tour or another form you can think of.

You may be saying that your guild just formed or you don’t know much of your history. You could research into Valorn’s past too. ( It is not just bound to history of the guild ) Perhaps a person or place.

I know some of you know or have started to compile information upon your guilds past. Personally I believe that this would be beneficial for those currently in the guild and my hope is that it will help bring other guilds closer.

When will it be? There has been no date set yet. (( We are thinking in the new year in RL as it will take a while to contact all the guilds and set up and coordinate. Probably not right away though. )) Would like to hear what time would be best for most guilds.

How long will it last? I have been thinking a week or two long celebration. This depends upon how many things are scheduled

What is the name? Not sure what the final name will be but A Celebration of Guilds and History would be accurate to what it is about.

I have contacted a few guilds about what we are planing to do and would like as many guilds as possable to participate. Does your guild wish to participate?

If you wish you could contact me Anarion in game you can at:
http://www.darkgrimoire.com/cshow130249.html

Or Euclide at:
http://www.darkgrimoire.com/cshow122005.html

or you can send me a pm here.

Cerberus
I talk WAY too much

Postby Cerberus » Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:02 am

Awesome.

I will make sure the CSB participates and we have something nice to contribute :)
What kind of game would you make?
"I'd make a game about sarcasm and farce and put Cerberus in charge. =D" ~ Ben of Admin

rikm
Veteran

Postby rikm » Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:40 am

I am glad that the CSB will participate. The response from a majority of the guilds has been positive so far. I will try and keep everyone informed with all the plans but alot of unforseen things have cropped up.

We have set (at least thinking) a tentative date of February.

There are a few things that have been set in motion. Hopefully soon I will be able to post a more concreate statement.

Ixon Fier
Veteran

Postby Ixon Fier » Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:49 pm

I will attend as well.
"Ixon collects pretty much for the joy of collecting. He's fairly straight up for a scoundrel, double dealing, profiteering rogue. ;)" - Hacken

Sera Eldersword
New Adventurer

Postby Sera Eldersword » Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:24 am

ESD may be joining in as well, most likely me as rep. though we may not share our history... its still being debated.
Sera-150278

rikm
Veteran

Postby rikm » Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:30 pm

Oh you would be most welcome. I have been very busy as of late and hope to be getting back to planing. And try and contact everyone again.

The idea stemed from my trying to look into different aspects of Valorn's history. But the main purpose is to hopefully bring the guilds together in unity and fellowship. This event will be for everyone.

rikm
Veteran

Celebration

Postby rikm » Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:49 pm

This is a more finalised version of what will be happening:

A time of Celebration of Unity and Fellowship

With the coming Season brings with it a time of birth and renewal. This indeed is a time to come together in unity and fellowship for celebration. (( February 16th, 2008 - February 22nd, 2008))

However it is also a time to remember. That is why the theme of the event will be history.

During this time there will be events planed to help, hopefully, to facilitate the sharing of knowledge as well as build fellowship. Guilds are encouraged to open their doors and share their story. Also it is encouraged to share knowledge.

There will be a program developed closer to the time of the event. I, Anarion, will be trying to get in touch with all the guilds and if there is anymore questions or you have something you wish to contribute please feel free to contact me.

Anarion:
http://www.darkgrimoire.com/cshow130249.html

Or Euclide:
http://www.darkgrimoire.com/cshow122005.html

Hopefully many will participate. It is a bit of a ways away yet but time does go fast.

EDIT: just found out I gave the wrong final date of the 19th and the date has been finalised to the 16th to 22nd.
Last edited by rikm on Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

rikm
Veteran

Postby rikm » Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:29 pm

I may have been hasty with the time frame. That may change a little but have to see how things will stand.

Sreip
Veteran

Postby Sreip » Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:14 pm

CSB will still be attending, stories, histories, and brews in hand. Just say when!
"... who, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat." -Roosevelt

Sreip Enudreklaw #55234

rikm
Veteran

Postby rikm » Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:03 pm

The dates have been finalised 16th - 22nd. Better to do that now.

Urey
New Adventurer

Postby Urey » Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:16 pm

Indeed on behalf of Trinald United we would love to attend and take part
*bows deeply*
Urey Blacksmith :-93750

Return to “Contest and Event Planning”