Six Sentence Story

This board contains announcements, discussion and planning for in-game events.
AKA Azure
I talk WAY too much

Six Sentence Story

Postby AKA Azure » Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:03 pm

A contest running until December 8 - midnight EST
Prizes: coins, potions, scrolls...the usual :)

The task: Using 6 sentences, write a brief story WITHOUT repeating any words. Contractions count in there so is and isn't are the same word. The judges will regard Valorn based stories with more favor.

The judges aren't English teachers, but you still want to make 'sentence sense'.

Please post your tales here!
One entry per player. Please include the number of the character you would like to be considered the winner. (In the case of alts you'd rather not reveal or another individual you'd like to see given the prize if you win, enter here and pm me the character number to be so rewarded.)

Some examples of tales:

Slowly a brilliant crimson bird flew from its tree. It was obviously happily seed scrounging. Thistle is the preferred food for an avian. Today however, none were found. Squawking disconsolately, flapping sadly, this hungry specimen went home. Tomorrow searching ravenously begins again.

Today I went hunting north of Dundee. Unluckily for me, some bears did too. Finally the score read Ursines 3, Adventurer 0. Happily, tomorrow is another day. Being more focused might help my future training. Some advice to initiates – leave your mugs at home.

edited to add - feel free to post and edit to your heart's content UNTIL the deadline. Don't edit after that.
Last edited by AKA Azure on Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:24 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Azure Greenhills 83729
Lineages!

Avian Ornithosis
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Avian Ornithosis » Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:10 pm

Thistle would not be my preferred food. As a rogue I tend to consume Bos Burgers. Lockpick in hand opening doors across Valorn, protein is needed for energy. Assassins Dagger always ready just because beasts may attack any time. Currently hiding while training others. Seen only by those that know who they are.

That was harder to do than I though *laughs*

8549 Avian Ornithosis

JezzTheWarrior
Adventurer

Postby JezzTheWarrior » Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:24 pm

Springtime roses bloom proliferously around Valorn. Cordelia's flowers at Caer Laleldan smell fabulous that time of year. Don't be tempted to cull there though. Flora foragers have sometimes regretted taking liberties in the royal gardens and one such adventurer quite forgot ettiquette whilst visiting. You might see a name etched on stone. But no petals adorn this grave.

Jezzara

Sinder Teppic
New Adventurer

Postby Sinder Teppic » Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:18 pm

*clears his throat with a smile*

In times long past there once lived a pretty pink bunny who hopped throughout Valorn bringing good cheer to all she met.
It was good friends with Scooter and together they bounded through all lands.
Until one day the poor puppy came up missing causing much sadness.
Downhearted poor Ms. Fuzzyfur searched for her lost friend.
Finally, after nearly losing hope, Tyral's young canine became found by legendary hero, Islander.
No point with this tale really, but such stew served that evening...simply delicious.

http://www.darkgrimoire.com/cshow150384.html

Blythe
I talk WAY too much

Postby Blythe » Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:43 pm

Deep rumbling of rivers are heard from within.
Tumbling down is the only way in.
They follow long shafts past obsidian salt.
An enormous cavern soon opens into a Rock Spider’s vault.
Their toil continues far beyond glittering red ruby spray.
Many adventurers’ doom lies where Alabaster Monstrosities stay.
Last edited by Blythe on Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D
Raffe Rychmin

10x2

Korrith
Social Leech

Postby Korrith » Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:31 pm

Glorious Wet Patch, bounteous providence, bestow unto us some lemony goods. Carbonated lake shrouded in mystery and wonder, we ants of the desert fulfil every wish that bubbles on your surface. After all, there is nothing like a large helping, deep gulps, lemonade filled stomachs, to make our colony grow unusually big. Or exceptionally strong. Watch out world. Insect domination starts here.

Korrith - 10798

Sheira
New Adventurer

Postby Sheira » Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:11 pm

Her first tentative steps are taken, while looking wide eyed at people who hasten by. Jolan's warning words get nearly lost among countless wonders of Dundee's new impressions. Notes flutter upon the astonished girl, bearing warm welcomes along with sincere offers to help. Smiling softly, a cleric stops in his tracks. He hands over some helpful items and also sharing well-meaning advice, which aides more than all other presents combined.
Feeling encouraged, she steps forward into Valorn.

Meara - #105910

Fleur
Veteran

Postby Fleur » Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:48 pm

Thank you for the challenge.

Milltown, once proud centre of commerce,
lay desolate under rampant restless ravage
by demon hoards with endless hate.
Trembling girl helped steadfast father wait,
holding his hand, fast heartbeat savage
beneath pale breast, soft voice terse.
“Why papa, in leaving we might
make for new life, fresh start,
find work, somewhere no vile beast…â€

Blythe
I talk WAY too much

Postby Blythe » Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:29 pm

I am posting this on behalf of Starling 94023

Miranda came to the Inn. She queried about friendship and why we cared so much about each other. Most could not answer but one did. Calmly, smoothly her answer flowed. A sword was won. Enchantingly, shy enchantress sought monsters due for slaying.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D
Raffe Rychmin

10x2

Sreip
Veteran

Postby Sreip » Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:33 am

Running in a desert my foot stumbled over something. I found myself staring at the grinning skull of some strange beastie long dead. Within these calloused hands it was awfully heavy and gleaming white from scorching sun, made smooth with wild sand. Asked those empty eyes if creatures had ever been normal, or always twisted evil to attack us? When was put into yon satchel, seemed spoke more without saying anything.
“Never… stop… hunting.â€
Last edited by Sreip on Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
"... who, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat." -Roosevelt

Sreip Enudreklaw #55234

Skyelark
New Adventurer

Postby Skyelark » Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:53 am

Harsh grit clouded verdant green eyes; heat wicked sweat away faster than it could appear. A constant irritation upon sensitized skin, such blistering conditions were hardly able to be withstood. And so the cold haven was sought after. Climbing mountains, heading past some cracked monument along paths long known. Stepping inside for welcome breezes with respite, said Lady dashed, frosty palace leading her mind. She stepped against brisk winds, challenging, daring unforeseen halt, yet walked unopposed across blanketed ice what crunched under feet long deprived their due rest.

Skyelark~92014
Skyelark~191707

ShadowHunter
Social Leech

Postby ShadowHunter » Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:22 am

Ah beauty of blade, I remember it fondly. Curving in his hand swiftly for folly. Many purses victimized, coins making me jolly. But once ago there was no desire. Oh afraid was Duberry he lost you in that mire. Yet gleaning my eyes they were like fire, the grinning liar.

Zanaan
Last edited by ShadowHunter on Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When your wife or girlfriend or husband or boyfriend is ticking you off, you don't go and delete yourself or whatnot. *shrug* - Ben

AKA Azure
I talk WAY too much

Postby AKA Azure » Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:09 pm

You have a few days left folks and since I was asked about it, please, keep it in English. The semi modern variety.
Azure Greenhills 83729
Lineages!

skylsganin
Adventurer

Postby skylsganin » Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:18 pm

Taking an empty seat in Cerbies, he pondered the problem over a lemonade.
Six sentences without words repeated; As if anything said by him was worth hearing more than once.
Still, no harm with trying.
Now , where to begin?
His eyes studying the empty parchment,it became apparent that this would not work.
"bother, why can't I count above five."

Sreip
Veteran

Postby Sreip » Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:18 am

AKA Azure wrote:You have a few days left folks and since I was asked about it, please, keep it in English. The semi modern variety.

*laughs* Now you tell me.

*goes back to edit entry*
"... who, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat." -Roosevelt

Sreip Enudreklaw #55234

ShadowHunter
Social Leech

Postby ShadowHunter » Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:36 am

aye sreip, had to change mine as well, kinda prefered the old english version but meh, what ca ya do
When your wife or girlfriend or husband or boyfriend is ticking you off, you don't go and delete yourself or whatnot. *shrug* - Ben

Mere Grimshaw
New Adventurer

Postby Mere Grimshaw » Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:36 am

They say earthquakes be magical happenings, rumbling mumblings stirred with vengeance by powerful beings, good or ill. So it came to pass that our High Throne was bare when Milltown began shaking, thus a nesting dragon roused itself below sinking Caer Laleldan. Imagine if you can, shock after shockwave sparking bone-dry air, enormous crimson eyes rolling around sockets large as bos. Picture this colossal body stretching leathery wings which beat mercilessly without pause, great heads snapping down at invisible thieves, and lithe tails finally breaking free, sweeping countless stars from the heavens.

Hidden within Strifegorge stood blade-like Cordelia, who matched mettle against beastly strength, trading fierce blows for well over three days, until long last did she pitch her sword through its throat, slaying monster, quashing tremors, raising castle.

Hail Queen, welcome Crown~~empty no more.

AKA Azure
I talk WAY too much

Postby AKA Azure » Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:15 pm

Sreip wrote:
AKA Azure wrote:You have a few days left folks and since I was asked about it, please, keep it in English. The semi modern variety.

*laughs* Now you tell me.

*goes back to edit entry*

Just got asked it, didn't see your entries yet....besides...it's an ooc contest folks! Um...you don't really talk like Sreip, do you?

Never mind. I don't want to know.

The list of entries are growing, nice job all!
Azure Greenhills 83729
Lineages!

Bryg MaEve
New Adventurer

Postby Bryg MaEve » Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:19 pm

On dusty roads I travel over mountains wide and high.
My steps carry me through forest thick, beneath the endless sky.
Came across their trodden paths, friends share tales of glory or doom.
About beasts that were slain upon desert grounds plus inner tombs.
Congratulations are expressed if a level it did achieve.
Smiles offered with nods to follow as we take our leave.

Bryg MaEve - 74481 - Time waits for no one.

vardian
Experienced Adventurer

Postby vardian » Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:59 pm

Screaming, Melody ran through mountain paths strewn dangerously with jagged rocks. She tripped landing on her back. Lauritious, great warrior centaur, followed crowing victorious songs. A shining knight, sword held aloft, appeared threatening all foul foes. Violently slaying that beast, he swept this young damsel into his arms. Elated, they journeyed home to their rapturous families.

:oops:

*blushes at her inadequacies*
Your bullets cannot harm me - my wings are like a shield of steel!

Return to “Contest and Event Planning”