Lost Souls Festival

This board contains announcements, discussion and planning for in-game events.
Kalea
New Adventurer

Lost Souls Festival

Postby Kalea » Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:42 am

HONOR and the Clan of the Shrouded Bunnies invite you to attend a pre-Fall Festival type of get together.

The idea ... dress up as your favorite lost soul in Valorn. This could be someone who once traveled this land or someone who sporadically visits or maybe someone who disappeared for a long time and then returned. We had a guest of honor for this evening, but he had plans :lol: We won't mention a specific name but he is a bunny and most certainly isn't a minister.

The date of the Festival is Friday September the 28th 2 pm EST. Hansen, Talisk, and Reesa will sing for us as part of the entertainment. We will also have some small contests...maybe a dunk tank or gift prizes. Stay posted for more details.

Kalea

Cerberus
I talk WAY too much

Postby Cerberus » Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:25 pm

Presently, Unbeknownst to the organizers of this event:

There will be a bounty of 100,000 Plat for prizes at this event. If not more.

~ Sin.
What kind of game would you make?
"I'd make a game about sarcasm and farce and put Cerberus in charge. =D" ~ Ben of Admin

Hojo Musachi
I talk WAY too much

Postby Hojo Musachi » Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:36 pm

Bounty? We're to hunt down the organisers?
A little odd, but not going to complain. :D

Great idea to those who, well, those who came up with it. ;)

AKA Azure
I talk WAY too much

Postby AKA Azure » Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:28 pm

No Hojo...no hunting down of the Bunnies or HONOR folks.

We'll hunt you down if you don't stop by to the party! I'll get Hansen and the rest of his family on it right away.

Viktor Blackheart
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Viktor Blackheart » Sat Aug 25, 2007 10:38 am

I like this idea too. A Valornian Remembrance :)

Hojo Musachi
I talk WAY too much

Postby Hojo Musachi » Sat Aug 25, 2007 2:13 pm

Awww, was going to get a net and everything!
Wait, I'm not allowed to go hunting? Yet they are? 8O

Topaz
I talk WAY too much

Postby Topaz » Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:00 pm

My change from freelance to "respectably employed" means no more DG in the afternoons. : (

Topaz

purazon
Social Leech

Postby purazon » Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:17 pm

Friday,.... hmm, probably won't make it...
Good idea for an event though! *puts a thumb up*
Purazon 12387

Today is yesterday's tomorrow. Enjoy it.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero.
Trinaldian Archives - Library

Kalea
New Adventurer

Postby Kalea » Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:06 pm

And now for more details :) .

Based upon interest and to maximize chances for people to participate, the Festival will be a two-day event. September 28th can be considered a pre-event with the second day being September 29th where costumes will be judged and prizes awarded. For time, 2:00 pm EST to coincide with Friday's time.

More details about activities during these two days will also appear.

Kalea

Kalea
New Adventurer

Postby Kalea » Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:09 pm

And now for the competitions/prizes:

Best Costume: most descriptive, well written, good imagery, etc.
Reward: 25000 Plat
Runner-up 1: 7500 Plat
Runner-up 2: 2500 Plat

Best "Lost Soul": the costume that brings out the most "ooo i remember him/her... that person was awesome". Should stick to somebody slightly obscure but still well known, not somebody everyone and their mother chose to dress up as. Entry should also be fairly well composed.
Reward: 25000 Plat
Runner-up 1: 7500 Plat
Runner-up 2: 2500 Plat

Best Presentation of Costume: presentation of costume's, where players wishing to enter into this part of the event are given a brief (brief being the key, no player should take more than 3 minutes to introduce and explain their costume... presentations should be pre-written and copy & pasted).
Reward: 10000 Plat
Runner-up 1: 2500 Plat

Absentee "Lost Soul" Submission: Allows write ins for players who cannot attend the event, so they can get a chance to write a brief description of a lost soul they truly miss / honor.
Reward: 10,000 Plat.
Runner-up 1: 2500 Plat

Door prizes:
5 x 1000. Selected randomly of all attendees. Attendee must be in presence for an hour. Awarded before other prizes, but disqualify anyone who will go on to win a greater prize.

Skyelark
New Adventurer

Postby Skyelark » Sat Sep 08, 2007 7:14 pm

Hmmm, question.....
Judging by the categories for prizes, it sounds like we can dress up as a lost soul...or just dress up?

What I'm asking is-is it specifically limited to dressing up only as a 'lost soul'?

~Skye

Kalea
New Adventurer

Postby Kalea » Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:40 pm

All of the prizes are geared to a 'Lost Soul' competition. If you cannot think of a lost soul or do not wish to dress up as a lost soul, I suppose you could just show up wearing another costume. However, I suspect you would stand out as being somewhat the odd man/woman out. And perhaps more importantly not be eligible for any of the prizes.

Kalea

Topaz
I talk WAY too much

Postby Topaz » Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:48 pm

I will be there on Saturday at 2 pm Eastern time, and already have an idea for a costume.

Topaz

Bryg MaEve
New Adventurer

Postby Bryg MaEve » Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:07 am

:) ... this sounds like a wonderful event!... *starts checking her clothes trunk to see who she just might be...grabs a silly wig and a funny hat* ...oh...that won't work... :lol:
Bryg MaEve - 74481 - Time waits for no one.

Kalea
New Adventurer

Postby Kalea » Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:19 am

*Brings in a small stool and stands on it*

Hear Ye! Hear Ye! The Lost Souls Festival will commence sharply on September 28th at 2:00 p.m. EST with a Race starting at Dundee's Town Square to HONOR's Amphitheater. The start of this race will commence with the firing of the cannon. Lucky contestant will be announced shortly before the blast *chuckles*.

The winners of the race will be the first to cross the finish line as well as the LAST to cross the finish line (hence a lost soul) BEFORE Hansen from the Bunnies crosses the line. By the way, he has been known to be easily distracted and slow of foot.

After that, well ... you'll just have to attend *smiles and then steps down from the stool and walks off.*

Aeyla
New Adventurer

Postby Aeyla » Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:38 pm

Grrr, unfortunately, RL job may make it impossible for me to attend. I will try though, and I just know its going to be wonderful! Thankyou guys for working so hard and being so creative!
Reality is all relative.
-Ayla Pearl-

Hansen Beck
New Adventurer
Location: The middle of the south part of the north part of the Americas

Postby Hansen Beck » Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:38 am

Friends! It is my duty and honor to list the details of the highly anticipated, and inevitably mirth-filled, Lost Souls Footrace, otherwise known as the "Dundee 15".

My honored and most persistent sister has already posted details of the Lost Souls Festival, and the intent of this missive is to entice you all to participate in the footrace.

At about 2:00 p.m. EST this Friday, Sept. 28th, the footrace will begin in the very center of Dundee. There will be an unmistakable signal to begin the race - a lost soul will appear before your very eyes! At that moment, race to the ampitheater of the HONOR guild hall.

Race north through Northern Dundee, to the dark forest entrance. Round the corner to the west, running along the swamp path until you can turn north. Take care not to slip on the swamp muck, and run north along the foot path until you can turn west again. This is the home stretch, so lift those legs and hustle west through the Prairie Path and Guild Hall cliff. You will find yourself abruptly in the Courtyard of the HONOR guild hall.

Once you arrive at the Courtyard of the HONOR guild hall, just hop south, and you will arrive at the ampitheater. The first to arrive will receive a mighty prize - 1,000 plat! But you need not be burdened personally with thi weighty purse - we ask tht you send a message to Reesa or Talisk explaining how you would like the prize money distributed - either to yourself to keep, or all to another, or spread among other lucky folk.

The LAST to arrive, just before I stumble in, will also receive a monetary prize of considerable weight, and a most appropriate mystery prize *grins*

There. My mission is done. Perhaps now Reesa will stop pestering me so. I hope to see you all at the race, and more importantly, at the very festive gathering thereafter. I remain your humble, clumsy servant *bows deeply*

Ellyana Lilli
I talk WAY too much

Postby Ellyana Lilli » Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:28 pm

*claps the back of her hand to her forehead and sighs dramatically*

My RL job also makes it impossible for me to be here for the race and festival opening but I'll try my best to get there at some point! Sounds like good fun! Thanks for all the hard work. =)

*pouts and casts 'Blessing of Ben's Great Fury' on her job, but to no avail*

=|
'When there's no more room in Hell, the dead will walk the Earth' ~George A. Romero
'Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart'

Ellyana - 118743

AKA Azure
I talk WAY too much

Postby AKA Azure » Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:04 pm

Don't forget folks, this is a 2 day event! Lots of fun to be had no matter the time zone! (hopefully)
Azure Greenhills 83729
Lineages!

AguaVerde
Adventurer

Postby AguaVerde » Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:07 am

Ah, Ok, it is still iffy for me (sadly) to make any of it , but, I had lost track that we had two days. Is there a particular time on Saturday?

:D

Return to “Contest and Event Planning”