Current Trade Markets .... Meeting

This board contains announcements, discussion and planning for in-game events.
worldslayer
New Adventurer

Postby worldslayer » Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:35 am

What would the effect of everyone pooling their resources together? I mean by simply flooding the market with the items in question at a lower price? I'm all for helping out. :wink: . Just a suggestion that is all. People choose their own route on the trade market...each person has a different perspective on their items worth, thus makes the issue muddled. By the way is there another meeting planned :?:

superduck
I talk WAY too much

Postby superduck » Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:38 am

I don't think there's enough supply to flood the market.

Thorin the Dainty.

As it says to the left......I talk WAY too much. ;)
And yes, I am fully aware that currently it says so to the right, rather than the left, which used to be the location for said line, but I am simply too lazy to change it for you.

worldslayer
New Adventurer

Postby worldslayer » Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:45 am

Oops, Thinking about it you've a good point. I attempted it with a few once..it didn't work out so well :( ..I just thought that with enough people trying to do it might have a chance...not everyone agrees with one another though.Too bad there isn't a middle ground for everyone.Then again that's what makes life in valorn interesting.

Topaz
I talk WAY too much

Postby Topaz » Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:39 pm

The current plan, I believe, is for those with ideas to try to implement them and then after a few weeks there might be another meeting to discuss what (if anything) worked and what did not.

Topaz

Crow Wrathen
New Adventurer

Postby Crow Wrathen » Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:07 am

Alright thought it was time to bring this back up... We have talked about trying to get the things on the trade to drop right...

What are the Items on the trade for?
To help others "RP"
Lets say the WP's sell for 600 plat up right?
What do we use Wp's for..To forge the UW..but at the price they are selling for it will cost 18,000+ plat to forge it..
Oh dont forget about the ingots..1500 plat and up from there.

T-boxes what do we try to get from those...most of the upper levels the shards and now the amulets of order..but the prices of those have gone out of the roof 1 month ago was selling at 2k and now they are going over 3k..

What can we do? What do we have to do to get the things on the trade to drop..for what i have seen in the post about people sitting at the raid spots at the top of the hour "talk about Role playing" but people go though and QF everything then sell wht they get for out of the world prices..

But trying not to get off what i am trying to get at with the trade..

Some of the people talking about the greed in raids and want to Role Play are some of the people that are selling stuff for the HIGH PRICES..wheres the Role Playing in that?

We are all here to help each other and to protect the Lands of Valor..So come on yall you cant argue one thing but not the other..Lets see about trying to help others and drop prices and Role play a lil more.

Topaz
I talk WAY too much

Postby Topaz » Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:20 pm

I was one of the people who wanted to work on this, but then I went on vacation.

Now I observe that the gods in their wisdom have shown *their* opinion of such greed by not one but two world changes. I would suggest that we once again wait and see if the problem gets better after these changes (and if perhaps the most outrageous abusers take the hint).

Topaz

Valina Ravenclaw
Adventurer

Postby Valina Ravenclaw » Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:39 pm

First, a warning that I'm posting in a thread where the last post was made in August. I chose to post here because it is still the same problem, and I also want to directly adress something Cerbie said.

Cerberus wrote:The players who set their sale points below what the speculators value the items at are either eager for a faster turnover in their goods, don't care about obtaining an optimal price, or just uninformed of their item's true value.

To this I answer, some are selling - or were - at a low price because they wanted these items to be available to those who need them at that low price. A purpose that is defeated by reselling.

So for all those selfless people, I've made a thread available on the OSW forum where they can negotiate trades:

http://osw.dgplayers.net/invboard/index ... f=13&t=474

Topaz
I talk WAY too much

Postby Topaz » Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:35 am

Thank you, Valina. I am the first to admit that I let this issue fall by the wayside. Some of the things I've seen lately make it clear that it should be taken up again.

Topaz

rikm
Veteran

Postby rikm » Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:45 pm

I am glad there is another meeting.

I was one of those that tried to sell things lower. (I would have sold them lower if asked) But I have noticed that they stayed shortly on the market and a new one appeared usually at a higher price.

I saw a small change in prices after the last meeting and now they seem to have climbed even higher. (The wp's have gone down a bit in price the lowest selling for 470plat but 600plat was quite common for awhile. And ingots have jumped in price to 4500plat being the lowest right now.) Rarely look at it anymore.

Think the time is 2:00pm CST

rikm
Veteran

Postby rikm » Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:23 pm

Despy wrote:
So, bottom line, stop buying these items for huge amounts of plat.

I have tried what you suggest. I only buy things that I would consider a resonable price. Or if there is an item that I may require I wait for the price to come down or buy it right before I need it.

I see a problem with what you suggest. As long as there is one person willing to pay these prices they will never come down and the prices will probably continue to climb.

From one person I heard '... as long as someone is willing to pay such a ridiculous price why not sell it for that. ...' I tend to think that this is why you see some of the things you do.

Topaz
I talk WAY too much

Postby Topaz » Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:48 pm

I recently asked politely (I hope) one of those entrepreneurs why he set the prices he did. His reply boiled down to "because someone will pay it."

I will be directing customers to you, Valina.

Topaz

rikm
Veteran

Postby rikm » Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:20 am

My mistake I thought there was a followup meeting being held.

el gato
New Adventurer

Postby el gato » Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:51 am

Not really sure where to start chiming in on my opinion here. There are a lot of points being made.

On the over priced item topic, if some one wants to over price something then that is their prerogative. If some one wants to pay the price that they named then good for them, but the higher the price the less chance of them selling that item. If I find a wp and I need 10000 plat to buy new armor then I am going to try to sell that wp for as close to 10000 plat as I can get. I am not selling it to help anyone out. If I was going to help someone, I would just give it to them.Therefore, I am selling it to make plat to buy what I need. If some one buys my wp then both of us win. I know that I will never get 10000 plat for a wp but I am going to try to get as much out of it as I can, for as much as someone is willing to pay. If someone needs a wp and is not willing to pay what I want for it, then maybe someone else has it for less, OR they can look for one the old fashoned way. Why should I have to change my price if one person thinks that I have over priced it? Why should I have to change my price if a hand full of folks thinks it is over priced? Am I being greedy, because I am selling something at a high price to get something I need? (Greed. definition - excessive or rapacious desire, esp. for wealth or possessions.... Who decides what is excessive? and how is it decided what is excessive?) That brings me to my second point.

Valina's guild site. Bravo! That is a very good idea. it is always great to have choices in anything. I would rather have a problem in not being able to choose from many than to not have any choices at all. You are giving people a place to buy and sell with out the fear of things being over priced there. My question is, though: what happens when something is over priced there? Is it removed? If so, Who decides what is over priced? (I know that is more than *a* question) Please do not think that those questions are me saying that your forum is a bad idea, because it is not. It is your site and you (or who ever is running that particular thread) have the absolute right to make your own rules. Your forum gives us all another choice and I am all about choices. I can choose where to sell my items and where to buy my items. It is a win win/win for everyone.
Bottom line is that we all have choices. I can choose to sell items low or I can choose to sell them high. I can choose to sell them at the bazaar or I can choose to sell them at Valina's guild. You can choose to buy something that is over priced or you can choose not to buy that something..... The choice is yours

Valina Ravenclaw
Adventurer

Postby Valina Ravenclaw » Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:50 am

In response to EL Gato:

I won't dictate the prices at my guild bazaar. If anyone sets too high a price, he simply won't sell anything. Maybe get laughed at by some for trying that price at a low-price bazaar.

The only rule is no reselling.

And most of us never had a problem with people trying to get money for what they honestly obtained in-game. Our main problem was always that some bought our low offers and resold, something we consider an exploit of our good intentions.

Blythe
I talk WAY too much

Postby Blythe » Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:02 pm

So, if someone buys at a low price from your place and resells on the trade market in game... are you going to ban them from your forum for breaking your rule?
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D
Raffe Rychmin

10x2

el gato
New Adventurer

Postby el gato » Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:04 pm

Valina said:
Our main problem was always that some bought our low offers and resold, something we consider an exploit of our good intentions.

if I am selling something, it mean that I am trying to get rid of something and make a little plat in the process. I really do not care what the buyer does with the item after I sold it to them. If they get a crazy ammount of plat by reselling it at a higher price, then good for them.

Valina Ravenclaw
Adventurer

Postby Valina Ravenclaw » Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:26 pm

to Blythe: yes we will, and post a warning about that player on our bazaar, too

to El Gato: We're aware not everyone shares our concerns. You're welcome to participate in our trading or stay away. **smiles**

worldslayer
New Adventurer

Postby worldslayer » Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:17 pm

I like the Bazaar idea. Seems as a good way for me to increase my Role Playing too. :wink:

Return to “Contest and Event Planning”