Valorn Idol.

This board contains announcements, discussion and planning for in-game events.
skylsganin
Adventurer

Valorn Idol.

Postby skylsganin » Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:18 pm

Valorian Idol

Come and show off your stuff!
Send a message to Skylsganin (character 70488)
or to Azure (character 83729)
if you'd like to participate in the first round with 2 songs or poems in front of a crowd Cerbies. You'll come prepared with these on Saturday, June 23rd at noon EST.

Those selected as finalists will have Topics assigned ready for:

Round two, which will be the next day, Sunday June
24th 2 pm EST, Also at Cerbies.

Winners will be chosen based on judge decision and crowd input.

Audience members will receive small tokens of our esteem for attending and participating.

Participants and winners will receive prizes based

on their standing at the end of Saturday and

Sunday.

It's not just the songs and poems, it's how you present them!

AKA Azure
I talk WAY too much

Postby AKA Azure » Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:04 pm

Along with that folks, please realize the songs or poems don't need to be your own composition. It is a singing/reciting contest. The work need not be yours own original work as long as you do the following:

1) utilize another Valornian's work
2) GET PERMISSION to do so ahead of time. A PM to either Skylsganin or me to assure us of this fact would be prudent
3) present the fact that it is another's work before you begin in the competition.

The final round will see the finalists provide with a choice of 2-3 songs/poems to choose from in advance so they may make advance decisions on presentations.

Think of all the RP excitement you can have with this! :D

AKA Azure
I talk WAY too much

Postby AKA Azure » Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:39 am

So far - several folks have signed up already - if you are interested, and have a specific time on Saturday, please let us know, we'l try to accomodate.

Soleil
Charles Kayson
Skyelark

Remember - it doesn't have to be a work of your own composition as long as you get permission.

AKA Azure
I talk WAY too much

Postby AKA Azure » Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:12 pm

Soleil
Charles Kayson
Skyelark
Derema

Again, any type of song or poem. Love, adventure, humorous - it's the performer's choice!

AguaVerde
Adventurer

Postby AguaVerde » Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:23 pm

**pouts** I wish I could join y'all, I'll be outta town then. I'll try to phone in my votes, though **winks**

skylsganin
Adventurer

Postby skylsganin » Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:27 pm

* laughs* remember to ask permission from the bill payer.

AKA Azure
I talk WAY too much

Postby AKA Azure » Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:12 pm

Now now, no hanging chad or absentee ballots! :lol:

AKA Azure
I talk WAY too much

Postby AKA Azure » Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:29 am

So far the performers are:
Soleil
Charles Kayson
Skyelark
Derema
Nya Lyn
Octavia

Feel free to join in the fun, if not as a performer as the 'studio audience'! Check all korungas at the door.

Again, any type of song or poem. Love, adventure, humorous - it's the performer's choice!

AKA Azure
I talk WAY too much

Postby AKA Azure » Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:56 am

At last check, here are the performers:
Soleil
Charles Kayson
Skyelark
Derema
Nya Lyn
Octavia
Matt Shadowsong

Feel free to join in the fun, if not as a performer as the 'studio audience'!

Let me know if you're interested in being a part of Valorian Idol!

AKA Azure
I talk WAY too much

Postby AKA Azure » Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:53 am

At last check, here are the performers (not necessarily in this order):
Charles Kayson
Soleil
Octavia
Skyelark
Derema
Nya Lyn
Groloth - performing a poem by Zelaria
Matt Shadowsong

Saturday (noon EST) is the initial competition and contestants chose their poem or song. Sunday (2 pm EST) is for the finalists and they will be given specific songs or poems to chose from.

AKA Azure
I talk WAY too much

Postby AKA Azure » Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:42 pm

If you're interested, you may still submit your name for V.I. running tomorrow at noon (EST).

At last count we have 8 contestants and will narrow that down to 3 for Sunday's performance.

Come and see which Valorian can sing or recite his/her way to first place!

NOTE: We had initially said come with 2 poems or songs ready...in case of duplicates, but that doesn't seem to be a problem.

AKA Azure
I talk WAY too much

Postby AKA Azure » Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:23 pm

The three finalists are: Matt Shadow Song, Octavia Belcantata, and Soleil. Each will choose one of the three poems or songs kindly loaned to Valorian Idol by the authors. Each will perform in random order at Cerbies Sunday, June 24 at 2 pm EST.

Thank you to everyone who was there today!

The audience will aid in choosing the Valorian Idol!

Heart by Topaz (POEM)

Heart of my heart, I hold you, and I swear
that here, if nowhere else, the Light prevails.
Here evil finds no place, and darkness fails,
slain by the words of love we two declare,

the hope and strength and vision that we share.
And though the wind of woe and sorrow wails,
with pain and anguish driven by its gales,
there is no grief too great for us to bear.

Hold fast to me, as I hold fast to you,
whose great and noble heart and honour bright
with every word and action is revealed,
my solid rock, my armor and my shield.
And may I be one half the source of Light
as you, my love, who shine so fair and true.

Battle Call by Doors Ages (SONG)

Say Hey Valorn, the Battle Call,
United we stand, United we fall,
Together we are what we can't be alone,
We'll defeat Balthazar, his kingdom and all.

We are the humble, we are the brave,
We'll keep fighting, until our grave,
Keep family, and friends, from the hardship, and horror,
I n Balthazar's depression, we'll make it tomorrow,

Say Hey Valorn, the Battle Call,
United we Stand, United We fall,
Together, we are what we can't be alone,
We'll defeat Balthazar, his kingdom and all.

We carry our weapons, we keep them high,
keep up the resistance 'till the day we die,
Courage and strength in all our hearts,
Protect this land and all it's parts.

Say hey Valorn, the Battle Call,
United we stand, United we fall,
Together we are what we can't be alone,
We'll defeat Balthazar his kingdom and all!

For Fallen Valornians by Fleur (SONG)

Do you watch us, fallen friends, as we live our daily lives
Do you long to walk amongst us in our struggles and our strife
Do your hearts once warm and pulsing ache to beat once more with ours
Do you miss just breathing gently during long, warm sleeping hours

Are you hiding in the shadows of the oft-crowded Dundee Inn
Are you laughing at the foolish antics, the drunkenness or the sin
Are you berating in soft breezes those who sit so inactive and morose
Are you smiling soft in pride at staunch mentors, or helpers such as those

Have you accepted the fate that befell you, forced upon you or self-sought
Have you come to terms with what lies ahead, refusal is for nought
Have you whispered your goodbyes to the loved you leave behind
Have you loosened, fit to break from, all the ties that once did bind

May you find a welcome rest from any troubles that were yours
May your wishes for the afterlife be swift affirmed and assured
May you never be forgotten, and be blessed and thanked before each fight
May you seek the presence of our great gods and kneel eternal in their light.

AKA Azure
I talk WAY too much

Postby AKA Azure » Sun Jun 24, 2007 4:15 pm

Less then 2 hours to go for the finale of Valorian Idol!

COME cheer on your favorite.
WATCH the various presentations.
VOTE the way you want to.

All finalists will win various prizes
Beverages and thank you gifts will be provided for all.

AKA Azure
I talk WAY too much

Postby AKA Azure » Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:24 pm

Second Runner up: Matt Shadowsong
First Runner Up: Soleil
Valorian Idol: Octavia Belcantata

The performances will be posted here within the next few days.

Thank you to all who participated.

skylsganin
Adventurer

Postby skylsganin » Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:17 am

The Competition got off to a slightly delayed start as several madmen had blockaded the enterence to Fartown. some still carrying banners proclaiming " Kep for Idol "

**Iron Knight Azure Greenhills nods and looks about the room "ah then, the rules. 3 contestents. After each performance you vote on a scale of one to ten. We will average the votes.
Please hand the votes to me."****Iron Knight Azure Greenhills looks about again "ah the raid has been beaten back." *grins* "might I ask we keep the bowing and platitudes to a minimum during the performances"**

Iron Knight Azure Greenhills so, all three performaers have been given three pieces to choose from. Kindly donated by Topaz, Doors Ages, and Fleur
**Iron Knight Azure Greenhills takes off her hat and passes it over to Skyls "performer order will be chosen by random draw. Skyls, please put the slips in the hat"**

** Skylsganin smiles , dropping three neatly folded pieces of parchment into the hat **

thank you! *reaches in to draw out a name*

Iron Knight Azure Greenhills pulls out a piece of parchment and unfolds it, looking about "oh, before I announce the first performer, let me remind you - Cerbies Sewer Rat Stew, good through and through
and the first performer will be *looks about again* don't forget, you are voting for the performance, not the piece being delivered. *grins* and you'll hand me the ballots afterwards. *clears her throat*

High Queen Cordelia **smiles benignly.**

Iron Knight Azure Greenhills holds the scrap of paper closer "Soleil!"**

** Soleil takes center stage looking out into the crowd as she awaits silence and the spotlight of all eyes to fall on her**
Octavia Belcantata *murmurs* It's alright, dear. Everybody gets stagefright when they start out performing.

** Soleil raises her arms above her head, palms turned inward; tilting her head back slightly with a serene expression as she lifts her voice in clear, lingering tones**

Soleil: Do you watch us, fallen friends, as we live our daily lives
Do you long to walk amongst us in our struggles and our strife

*Iron Knight Azure Greenhills looks about the crowd and lifts a finger to her lips warningly**

* Soleil Lowers her arms in a sweeping motion, letting them fall away to her sides*
Soleil: Do your hearts once warm and pulsing ache to beat once more with ours

** Soleil looks out into the crowd, her eyes focusing on Skyls as her hands raise to cross lightly over heart**

Soleil: Do you miss just breathing gently during long, warm sleeping hours
** Soleil lets the last note carry on in even strength for a few long moments... before letting it die away.**

Soleil * stands straight, extending one hand palm up in a slow outward wave as she picks up the next verse* Are you hiding in the shadows of the oft-crowded Dundee Inn
Are you laughing at the foolish antics, the drunkenness or the sin
Are you berating in soft breezes those who sit so inactive and morose *her eyes flit over the crowd to rest on Drake Malfington*

Soleil: Are you smiling soft in pride at staunch mentors, or helpers such as those

( Enter Shannara )
Shannara Greetings, Soleil.

*Iron Knight Azure Greenhills looks sharply at Shannara and says softly "hush!"**
** Octavia Belcantata glares at Shannara with a loud 'SSSSHHHH'**

Soleil: Have you accepted the fate that befell you, forced upon you or self-sought *looks past the crowd, with a distant expression... eyes glimmering with the reflection of unshed tears*

Soleil: Have you come to terms with what lies ahead, refusal is for naught

Soleil : Have you whispered your goodbyes to the loved you leave behind

Soleil : *brings her fists together, clutching them to her chest.. her chin dropping in a sorrowful pouting* Have you loosened, fit to break from, all the ties that once did bind

**Iron Knight Azure Greenhills watches Soleil's delivery with an appreciative eye**
**High Lady Ellyana Lilli squeezes Pallas hand gently as she watches Soleil on stage with an intense look**

*pauses as her voice fades with the last word... drawing a single breath before, dropping her hands to her side and continueing with a more resolute expression* May you find a welcome rest from any troubles that were yours
Soleil: May your wishes for the afterlife be swift affirmed and assured

May you never be forgotten, and be blessed and thanked before each fight *raises a hand up as if reaching to Sunrifter, her voice strengthening in a final crescendo*
May you seek the presence of our great gods and kneel eternal in their light.
** Soleil opens her hand, then sweeps it out to the side.. closing her fist as she ends the last note**

**Iron Knight Azure Greenhills applauds and smiles "Thank you Soleil! Skyls will hand out the ballots, and folks, give them, with a number chosen between one and ten, to me"**

** Valkaryrie gives a thumbs up sign and claps**

** Topaz the Poet applauds.**

**Iron Knight Purazon stares at his glass as if remembering fallen comrades for a moment, then looks up and applauds***

Soleil *bows her head for a moment, then looks up with a proud beaming smile at the end of her performance* Thank you, Thank you... That peice is called "For Fallen Valornians" written by the beautiful artiste Fleur.
**High Lady Ellyana Lilli pats Pallas on the knee, taking the drink, then sets it down and applauds Soleils strong performance**

** Drake Malfington applauds**

Octavia Belcantata *whispers in clarion tones* I taught her all she knows.

Ilnar well tha was interesting,,,, pity i missed a lot

**Iron Knight Azure Greenhills leans over to Skyls and says quietly "very nice vocal range"**

Octavia Belcantata *to Soleil* Very nice dear. A simple delivery can be most effective, if one is unsure of the strength of one's acting.

Skylsganin * smiles* that really was rather good Soleil .. although after yesterdays performance I was perhaps expecting a little more
Jhessain 's cere eyes widen only slightly at the amount of people here. After all, she could hear the murmur of voices from outside. Lopsided smile teasing her lips, she moves along the back, seeking a seat.**

** Pallas takes a sip of ale**

Soleil *flicks her hair over her shoulder with a toss of her head and returns a smile to Skyls* Men often
**bites her bottom lip, with a mirthful expression at Soleil's retort.**

Iron Knight Azure Greenhills reemmber folks, vote on a scale of one to ten..whole numbers only, give the votes to me. Ten is the highest score you may give, and one is the lowest

Soleil *nods to Octavia* I believe the range of the peice evokes it own performance.

** Skyelark smiles faintly as she slips in quietly, nodding to everyone as she takes a seat**

** Jhessain 's cere eyes widen only slightly at the amount of people here. After all, she could hear the murmur of voices from outside. Lopsided smile teasing her lips, she moves along the back, seeking a seat.**

** Pallas takes a sip of ale**

High Queen Cordelia Oh dear. **She looks down at the paper.**

Iron Knight Azure Greenhills (to Skyls) she followed the piece nicely I thought

High Queen Cordelia **bites her bottom lip, with a mirthful expression at Soleil's retort.**

**High Lady Ellyana Lilli quietly hands her folded ballot to Azure**

Shannara has left south

** Topaz the Poet writes on a ballot and passes it to Azure.**

Octavia Belcantata O, well. She writes well enough. But one cannot rely on the writers to bolster a performance.

Soleil *smiles sweetly to Octavia* Fleur's writing is impeccable.

( general chattercontinues as the votes are passed to Azure )

skylsganin
Adventurer

Postby skylsganin » Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:18 am

*Skylsganin hold out the hat for Azure**
**Iron Knight Azure Greenhills reaches a hand in and pulls out a parchment piece. She unfolds it and says "the next performer is...oh, don't forget, if you're drink hits you between the eyes, you know it's a brew!"**
grins and returns to the scrap "Matt Shadowsong
**Iron Knight Azure Greenhills looks to Matt, then to the stage**

** Octavia Belcantata yawns widely. "Quite right, one must... what do they say? Save the best for last?"**

**High Lady Ellyana Lilli smiles as Matt walks to the stage**

** Matt Shadowsong **Chuckles**As he get up and walks to the stage **

Soleil: *quips quietly to Octavia* I think Azure was right to set the standards with my performance first. *looks mockingly concerned* I know how awfully difficult it is to raise oneself up to perfection, but it does give something to try for.

High Queen Cordelia **smiles encouragingly to Matt. She looks intent on the performance and how everything is arranged.**

Matt Shadowsong: I will be performing a poem called Heart written by My friend Topaz, to me she is the will forever be the innocent soul and poet of Valorn , I am honored to do her piece

Matt Shadowsong Lowers his head his eyes facing the floor, and in voice filled with innocence begins*

High Queen Cordelia **turns and looks at Topaz and smiles, tilting her head in recognition of Matt's salute.**

( Topaz turns a little pink)

Matt Shadowsong Heart of my heart, I hold you, and I swear
** Matt Shadowsong Raises his head and bringing his arms to his chest with the look of a lover’s embrace ***

Matt Shadowsong I swear
** Matt Shadowsong *unfolding his arms he places his palms together in a prayerful gesture and recites in a chanting tone ***
Matt Shadowsong that here, if nowhere else, the Light prevails.
** Matt Shadowsong Here evil finds no place, and darkness fails, **
* Matt Shadowsong He looks to the crowd and dropping to one knee places one hand over his heart and the other with palm open outstretched almost in supplication to a love standing before him ,utters lovingly **
slain by the words of love we two declare,

Matt Shadowsong the hope and strength and vision that we share.

** Matt Shadowsong *Slowly a tear trickles down one cheek as he continues in a tone bereft of hope***

Matt Shadowsong And though the wind of woe and sorrow wails, with pain and anguish driven by its gales,
** Matt Shadowsong *brings his hand to cover the other upon his heart , Matt, pats his chest saying between short slow breaths ***

Matt Shadowsong * there is no grief too great for us to bear.

** Matt Shadowsong *Standing up and opening his arms in a pleading gesture says in a loving voice * **

Matt Shadowsong Hold fast to me, as I hold fast to you,

Matt Shadowsong whose great and noble heart and honour bright

Matt Shadowsong *Turns to look directly to the crowd with eyes of grim determination In a voice filled with hope utters *

Matt Shadowsong with every word and action is revealed,

Matt Shadowsong *looks to the crowd and focuses on a friends says almost in an earnest anthem *

**High Lady Ellyana Lilli tilts her head and smiles**

Matt Shadowsong my solid rock, my armor and my shield.

*tears flowing freely now down his cheeks, says with a voice filled with heart *
And may I be one half the source of Light

**Iron Knight Azure Greenhills looks away at the tears**

Matt Shadowsong *stretches out a hand openly looking for someone to take it*

Matt Shadowsong as you, my love, who shine so fair and true.

** Octavia Belcantata folds her arms**

**Iron Knight Azure Greenhills frowns and makes some more notes**

Matt Shadowsong *Wiping away tears walks off, bows to the crowd*

**Iron Knight Purazon claps**

Skylsganin * smiles , that was excellent Matt .. after yesterday .. I thought perhaps you were here to make the numbers up ...
Shallya **Smiles at Matt** was very good
** Topaz the Poet sits thoughtfully rubbing the ring on her left hand, then returns to the present with a start and applauds.**
** Matt Shadowsong smiles at his friend Shallyas hand missing Derema **

** Pallas applauds**

Skylsganin but you certainly gave us your full range tonight

Iron Knight Azure Greenhills yes, very umm...ranged *smiles* and without the pegleg

Skylsganin * smiles* I am sure many were moved to tears

Octavia Belcantata I certainly feel tearful

High Queen Cordelia That was very ... emotional.
**High Lady Ellyana Lilli shifts in her seat, and rubs the back of her neck with one hand**

Trip Lancer *chuckles*

Iron Knight Azure Greenhills and today's competitors will all leave with various prizes, and the audience will recieve some thank you tokens as well, again, courtesy of Cerbies. "The Grill with the Skill!"

Soleil takes a drink

Valkaryrie takes a drink

** Pallas passes his paper to Azure**

** Valkaryrie hands her ballot to Azure**

Valina Ravenclaw takes a drink

Valina Ravenclaw **grins and stands up** Ode to pirate ale. **holds the mug up with both hands** It's cool, it's well brewed, i love it above all else

Shallya **passes her folded paper to Azure**
High Queen Cordelia **looks at Azure, quizical, and murmurs,** Pegleg?

**Iron Knight Azure Greenhills wanders about picking up ballots "Oh, before I forget. 'Come try Cerbies Hens, you'll lose your head over them!"**

Iron Knight Azure Greenhills (to Cordelia) he was in costume yesterday

Valina Ravenclaw He was wearing one for hi slast performance

** Jessa Starlight clears her throat hiding a chuckle**

Trip Lancer *chuckles at the memory of the Pegleg*

** Topaz the Poet stares at the ballot, then writes on it

and passes it to Azure.**

High Queen Cordelia **laughs at the plug for Cerbie's.**

High Queen Cordelia I see. A pegleg. Costume. I wish I had seen that.

** Topaz the Poet mutters to herself, "Who writes these advertisements anyway?"**

**Iron Knight Azure Greenhills collects last ballot and returns to the table, taking out the last parchment she quickly resets her beloved hat on her head**

skylsganin
Adventurer

Postby skylsganin » Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:20 am

Last To perform was Octavia Belcantata.. sweeping to the stage as only a ship should. Wearing a large Silk Sash with Octavia for Idol emblazoned upon it.

High Queen Cordelia **widens her eyes as they take in the sight of Octavia going onstage.**
* Octavia Belcantata ensures all her props are to hand, and straightens her sash meaningfully**

**Iron Knight Azure Greenhills looks up and appears a bit aghast at the sight of Octavia**

** Octavia Belcantata places her hands on her hips, once she has located them, and stares intently at her adoring audience**

*bracingly* Thank you all for waiting for so long just to see little me. For your aural and visual delight, I am proud to bring you "Heart," by Topaz the Poet.

** Octavia Belcantata waits for complete silence, before lifting her golden voice in melodious song**

Octavia Belcantata Heart of my heart (*Octavia clasps her hand against her overflowing chest and makes a little 'boomdy boom' motion*) I hold you, and I swear

Octavia Belcantata that here, (*stamps dramatically to emphasize the location*) if ~nowhere~ else, the Light prevails.

Octavia Belcantata Here evil finds no place, and darkness fails, slain by the words of love we two declare,
* Octavia Belcantata imposingly grabs her sword and stabs something unidentifiable to death, little finger held delicately in the air**

**Iron Knight Azure Greenhills winces at the sword strike and mutters something under her breath as she furiously takes more notes**

Octavia Belcantata the ~hope~ and ~strength~ and ~vision~ that we share. *Octavia emphasizes each noun with a stupendous trill*

Octavia Belcantata And though the wind of woe and sorrow wails

** Octavia Belcantata swoops less than gracefully around the stage ignoring the shuddering, cheeks puffed out with air and arms extended in a flying motion**

** Soleil eyes widen at the spectacle**
Octavia Belcantata with ~pain!~ and ~anguish!~ driven by its gales,

**Iron Knight Azure Greenhills casts a worried glance to the stage as it moves and emits soft puffs of dust**

Octavia Belcantata there is no grief too great for us to bear. *Octavia drops her sword and sinks to the floor on knees as bended as the rolls of extra covering will allow, with a loud hiccup*

High Queen Cordelia **gapes.**

Octavia Belcantata Hold fast to me, as I hold fast to you, *Octavia crawls over to the edge of the stage and grabs hold of Skyls, staring soulfully into his eyes with her own blue orbs*

** Skylsganin looks back into Octavias Eyes ..**

**Iron Knight Azure Greenhills looks between Skyls and Octavia and turns red**

** Valkaryrie grins thouroughly enjoying the perfomance**

** Skyelark watches with eyes wide open**

**Iron Knight Azure Greenhills sneaks a quick look over at Topaz**

Octavia Belcantata *still gazing at Skyls, with a small and barely audible 'mmm' of appreciation* whose great and noble heart and honour bright with every word and action is revealed,

*High Queen Cordelia looks a lot shocked by the performance.**

** Skylsganin slowly lifts his hands towards her face .. not quite touching **

** Topaz the Poet has lowered the visor of her helmet so her expression is not visible.**

** Trip Lancer feels horribly sorry for Topaz, but does not show it**

** Octavia Belcantata releases Skyls and struggles to her delicately arched feet, as she tugs down the placket of her blue dress, revealing an expanse of creamy, wobbling throat**

Octavia Belcantata my solid rock, my armor and my shield. *her voice rises to previously unheard heights as *waves her shield , taking a victorious and solidly steadfast stance*

**Iron Knight Azure Greenhills takes a hasty gulp of her lemonade**
Octavia Belcantata And may I be one half the source of Light... *ignores the interruption in supremely professional style*

High Queen Cordelia **nods to Drake without closing her mouth and without taking her eyes off Octavia on the stage.**

Octavia Belcantata *sings the peak of the verse with clear and joyful precision* as you, my love, who shine so fair and true.

** Octavia Belcantata drops her sword, grasping a torch in her fist... and with the flame held aloft, sways in time to the last quavering notes of her song**

** Octavia Belcantata exhales and bows with difficulty, mindful of the precariousness brought upon her last time by the combination of extra weight and sweeping curtsy **

** Octavia Belcantata raises her eyes to scan her fans, locating Topaz. "O, dear Topaz. I do so hope you didn't mind me improving on your little verse. It was quite inspiring."**

High Queen Cordelia *claps, slowly at first then faster to normal applause.**

* Skyelark knocks Trip lightly on the head, trying to keep him quiet as she claps for Octavia**

** Trip Lancer turns back around and claps still laughing**

Abraleiia *claps and stares at the ceiling trying to hold a straight face*

**Iron Knight Azure Greenhills hands out the ballots and motions to Wil for strong drink**

**High Lady Ellyana Lilli laughs and applauds, a look of pure amusement in her eyes**

** Octavia Belcantata dances her bulk off the stage triumphantly, pausing to clasp Skyls backwards with a gracious kiss upon his cheek as she moves past**

Skylsganin: * smiling * Thank you Octavia .. my world truelly moved ..

Soleil *meets Octavia by grasping her shoulder with both hands and emphatically kisses her on each cheek, then releases her* Marvelous, my Dear! True to Muder of Crows style!

Octavia Belcantata I think my Agape would be proud. *mists over*

Purazon takes a drink

High Queen Cordelia This experience has been enlightening. My horizons are ... broader.

**Iron Knight Azure Greenhills smiles at Cordelia "I'm glad you could come see the ahh, broader part of arts in Valorn!"**

Octavia Belcantata *aside to Soleil, over the applause* Keep practising, darling. One day you will reach my level of skill. As you said... always nice to have something to aspire to.

Soleil: *smiles to Octavia* I concede to your prowess in keeping the audience rapt with your emboldened performance!

Soleil: I was surely no match for your enormous stage presence

**High Lady Ellyana Lilli snickers at Soleils comment**

The votes were tallied and the rewards handed out..
I would like to thank everyone who attended for making it such a memorable event
and Fleur, Topaz and Doors for making their work available to the performers
and remember:
When hunger Strikes,
or perhaps you thirst,
then come and talk to Wil,
with a range of home cooked fine cuisine
not all will make you ill.
Partake of Ale,
or Lemonade,
an M.S.G. or Brew
Just take yourself to Cerbies Grill
and bring a friend or two.

AKA Azure
I talk WAY too much

Postby AKA Azure » Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:11 pm

Sometime during the winter (Nov, Dec, or Jan) Skyls and I will run the 2nd Valorian Idol We'll have several different qualifying times, culminating in the finalist event.

This is a change from the single qualifying time. Several folks had last minute plans and couldn't make it to the first part.

If you have some suggestions or ideas that have come to mind about the event, please PM me with them.

thank you,

Azure Greenhills

AKA Azure
I talk WAY too much

Postby AKA Azure » Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:26 pm

Well, it's looking more like it will be February, but Valorian Idol II is coming to a grill near you soon!

We will once again have an initial round spread over several days and then a final. For the initial round contestants can use any work or poetry or song by a Valorian author as long as they have permission. The finalists will be limited to a few preselected works.

Voting will be done by you, the audience.
Azure Greenhills 83729
Lineages!

AguaVerde
Adventurer

Postby AguaVerde » Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:46 pm

**dashes off to rummage through her closet for the perfect stagey outfit**

Return to “Contest and Event Planning”