Funniest Reward you ever earned, 1000p CONTEST

This board contains announcements, discussion and planning for in-game events.
Corwin Skyborn
Social Leech

Funniest Reward you ever earned, 1000p CONTEST

Postby Corwin Skyborn » Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:17 pm

I am inspired by the Ironic Comedy of Valorn to host a contest.

WHAT DO I NEED TO DO TO ENTER:
Simply post your funny or ironic SHORT story here which describes your good deed and the funny/ironic reward it earned you. Keep the story factual and around 1 paragraph long, This is not a writing contest just a contest to relate your funny reward, so being all extreme on the writing skills in not required.

EXAMPLE ENTRY:
Earlier today I opened a Treasure Box for a new adventurer and they were so happy with the Treasure inside that they decided to tip me for my services with a dundee burger, hooray! On closer inspection I found that the burger was already partially eaten, thats just funny because they were honestly trying to tip me for my unlocking services!

HOW IT'S GOING TO WORK:
Just relate your firsthand experiences here on the contest thread along with your character ID# and then on Saturday March 10th I'll pick what I consider to be the funniest one among the entries and declare the winner!

In the spirit of finding the Funniest Reward of all time, you may enter up to Three tales of your Funniest Rewards here in the Contest Thread and be sure to include your Character ID# in case you win!

Contact me in-game with any questions ID#43828

THE PRIZE:
I am offering the choice of 1000p or 1 Weapon Primitive as the sole prize for this contest.
Trying to make sense of gods and goddesses has led many men to ruin. I suggest you avoid it from now on.
-Ben-

Corwin Skyborn
Social Leech

Postby Corwin Skyborn » Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:01 pm

YO is the spirit of adventure and contest entering dead here in valorn?
DO NOT BE FRIGHTENED. ENTER THE CONTEST. I WILL PROTECT YOU FROM BALTHAZAR!

"small print" as long as I am in no direct physical or emotional danger.
Trying to make sense of gods and goddesses has led many men to ruin. I suggest you avoid it from now on.

-Ben-

Urkki
Veteran

Postby Urkki » Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:25 pm

I once helped Corwin. He actually said thank you.

Corwin Skyborn
Social Leech

Postby Corwin Skyborn » Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:06 pm

Yeah Urkki is now banned from the contest for being a Cleric. in fact ALL clerics are banned.... ok all you clerics, thank Urkki!

EDIT: I am forgiving and kind...Urkki and any other clerics may enter the contest :)
Last edited by Corwin Skyborn on Sat Mar 10, 2007 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

-Ben-

carlo aggaruzzi
I talk WAY too much

Postby carlo aggaruzzi » Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:42 pm

I once helped Urkki. He said, "Bah."

carlo aggaruzzi
I talk WAY too much

Postby carlo aggaruzzi » Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:49 pm

The answer I gave above is probably true, but I just remembered time. It wasn't a reward though; it was payment that Mylor (my first character in DG) required of the other character.

A new character named Aldo Frogass entered Dundee Inn and asked if someone could open the sewer grate. Mylor told him yes, on one condition: he had to first say, "I don't give a fat Aldo what you say!"

Aldo laughed about it, then compllied. I went and opened the grate for him, and even gave him 300 potions with the short version about "the gift of Hentez". It was the least I could do for someone who'd given me a good laugh.

I don't expect this to qualify under Corwin's contest. It's just a humorous memory for me that the contest criteria prompted me to recall.

AguaVerde
Adventurer

Postby AguaVerde » Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:30 pm

Not too long ago a very high level character was helping a level 12 character of mine and very generously handed the level 12 person 2000 potions! They were power potions *shrugs* :roll:

Lucy
New Adventurer

Postby Lucy » Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:11 pm

Well....I was giving this one some thought and probably the most humorous reward I ever had was when I was a very young rogue. I always gave my services for free, refused to accept anything in return. I once opened a treasure box for Sylent One. She was so much a higher level than me and when she insisted that I take a reward, I refused, as I did for everyone and dashed off.

She chased me down, cornering me in the old centaur nook. She dropped 2000 potions in my bag and blessed me than ran. I was shocked because she was able to get away and I could not return her reward. I always remembered that because I thought it was funny to have a level 55 cleric chasing a little level 20 something rogue.
Lucy - 42832
Valorie - 43737
Alaina Moonstone - 47099

Shannara
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Shannara » Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:46 pm

Shannara, when she was about level 17 just still not real experienced enchantress was asked for help by someone who needed to be guided to Carn. We while we both was sitting there of couse i poofed to Carn got there and was like where is he at? Needless to say he could not poof so i went back found him there and walked him to Carn why he bought me a msg later was a shock and he also gave me a map =)

ShadowHunter
Social Leech

Postby ShadowHunter » Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:56 pm

Zanaan was a young lad of roughly level 12 or so, and decided it was roughly time for him to up and train for a bit. Remembering the reputation earned to the infamous Jake Randomzero, Zanaan exclaimed "I should get out of here and train before I turn into Jake"

Roughly a tenth of a marc later Zanaan, when looking at his footsteps, noticed that they were not his, and, using a puddle in the forest for a mirror noticed that the Gods, in all there glory, thought it suiting to change him, by name and body, into Jake
When your wife or girlfriend or husband or boyfriend is ticking you off, you don't go and delete yourself or whatnot. *shrug* - Ben

Corwin Skyborn
Social Leech

Postby Corwin Skyborn » Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:48 pm

tell me more of this Jake Randomzero so that I may fully understand the comedic results of looking like him.

-Ben-

Jade Silvermoon
Adventurer

Postby Jade Silvermoon » Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:45 am

I am not good at names, but there was this one guy that I opened the grate for. He told me he had nothing to give me for my services. I told him I wanted nothing and the next thing I knew he slipped something in my pack and was gone.... When I looked it was a sandwich that was eaten already, I giggled for hours over that one :lol:

Char# 26335

Randomzero
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Randomzero » Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:17 am

Jake Randomzero? once known as Randomzero? a notorious inn zombie, almost as bad as korrith, though i hear he's reformed a bit :wink:
im not ok, your not ok, but thats ok

sashtan
Experienced Adventurer

Postby sashtan » Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:58 am

i know this isn't quite what you meant but i thought it was quite funny

i was training /hunting in N'rolav plains and the monster there dropped me a "new adventrers scroll"

Avian Ornithosis
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Avian Ornithosis » Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:21 pm

I am thinking JKD does not remember this but I thought it was quite memorable.

Many marcs ago (about two years really) there was a raid on Fartown and a couple of Skeletal Behemoths were running rampant outside of town town. Jkd got there early being the Poofer he is and tied to the Inn (before the life monuments were around) I managed on my first cannon ride to land outside of town and got to the Inn and tied my self as well. Shortly after that the beasts entered the town so that no one else could tie to the inn and it was just JKD and I. He was attacking and retreating and I was at first slashing with my dagger to poison them and dying and eventually the beast weakened enough that I could survive the initial attack. Finally after 3 or 4 marcs JKD slayed them and they dropped a couple of treasure boxes. I do not remember what was in the first one I opened but since I only had one pick we went through quite a bit of trouble finding one only to open the last box to find a piece of string.

superduck
I talk WAY too much

Postby superduck » Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:35 am

MVL, myself, and a few others were roleplaying a bunch of bunnies escaping from the CSB guild hall (yeah, this is way back, before the IC enforcement). We were having fun, and we killed them all. Until suddenly, a real bunny wave appeared. Just the small ones, pretty fun. Then, the super bunny appeared (The first Carnivorous Death Bunny ever?), which killed us all, until Rhun found his way to Dundee and killed the bunny.

Thorin the Dainty.

As it says to the left......I talk WAY too much. ;)
And yes, I am fully aware that currently it says so to the right, rather than the left, which used to be the location for said line, but I am simply too lazy to change it for you.

Corwin Skyborn
Social Leech

Postby Corwin Skyborn » Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:57 pm

carlo aggaruzzi wrote:I don't expect this to qualify under Corwin's contest. It's just a humorous memory for me that the contest criteria prompted me to recall.

Basically when people use a Character name is if it were a Verb or as if it were describing an action, I cannot help but cringe because I just don't see any serious or comedy benefit to this.

-Ben-

Corwin Skyborn
Social Leech

Postby Corwin Skyborn » Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:16 pm

Sashtan take the prize. The hero fights his way past hundreds of 20 foot tall demons and can shatter evil with his sword. He slays another demon to collect the prize..........and it's a guide for new adventurers. hehe

-Ben-

carlo aggaruzzi
I talk WAY too much

Postby carlo aggaruzzi » Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:58 am

It wasn't used as a verb. You just didn't get it, Corwin. But maybe that's because it wasn't someone falling out of a chair or tripping for no reason.

Shannara
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Shannara » Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:15 am

Congrates, Sashtan!

Return to “Contest and Event Planning”