Calling All Actors! Auditions for The Fall of the Golden Age

This board contains announcements, discussion and planning for in-game events.
Edenn
Adventurer

Calling All Actors! Auditions for The Fall of the Golden Age

Postby Edenn » Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:07 pm

As part of the fall festival ESD held a play writing contest of which Topaz was the winner! We hope to hold the play soon, and in order to do that we need actors.. It is a somewhat large cast, so we need many people to fill all the roles. Don't be shy! We want both experienced actors and new comers to the stage. If possible we also need understudies for each part, in case the person who won the part is unable to make it.

We will be holding auditions in the Green Room in Dundee. There will be three different audition dates and times so hopefully all who want to audition will be able to. ESD will be paying those who perform in the play 5 plat for their time and help. We will audition about 10 people on each date, and the audition period will last 6 marcs. In order to audition you must sign up!

Audition 1- Sunday-3:00 pm Est.

Audition 2- Wednesday, 8:00 pm Est.

Audition 3- Friday, 11:00 am Est.
1. Katarina

For your audition, you should pick which part from the play you wish to be. Pick a small scene from the play, which best represents that character (one of the judges will help by playing the other roles in the scene). The script will be in the following post.
Last edited by Edenn on Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Most helpful guild around: http://esd.dgplayers.net/phpbb
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Mal: Do you want to run this ship?
Jayne: Yes!
Mal: Well.. ya can't...

Edenn
Adventurer

Postby Edenn » Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:08 pm

FALL OF THE GOLDEN AGE
by Topaz

CHARACTERS (in order of appearance:)
Initiate
Rosanegra
Iron Knight Ariston
Herald
High King of Valorn
Queen of Valorn
Prince of Valorn
Ethucan Ambassador
Ragged Hermit
Iron Knight Aletheia
High Cleric of Branishor
Balthazar
General Altimos
Branishor Guard
Woman of Branishor
High Enchanter of Valorn
Citizen
Enchanter
First Demon
Second Demon

PROLOGUE

(Enter INITIATE, dressed in plain clothing and armor and bearing Samael's Training Sword and a Basic Shield.)

INITIATE:
Now welcome all, you folk of Valorn fair
who come to hear this chronicle of woe,
of dreadful downfall, and of dark despair
as deep as any heart can bear to know.

For now unfolds the end of golden times,
when mighty kingdoms toppled and were lost,
from east to west, from north to southern climes,
the land and people paid a deadly cost.

But do not think this tale is all of tears:
for as I speak, and as you hear and learn,
we bear the hope that through the field of years
the seeds are sown to help that Age return.

The greatest tome begins with open page:
so let us strive to seek that Golden Age.

ACT I

Scene i. The throne room of the castle of Caer Laleldan. On the gleaming walls there are tapestries and banners, bearing the heraldry of the Kingdoms of the North, South, and East. In the eastern wall is a magically shimmering archway above which is carved NONE MAY ENTER HERE SAVE THE ONE WHO IS RIGHTFUL RULER OF THE PEOPLE OF THE NORTH, SOVEREIGN OVER THE PEOPLE OF THE SOUTH, AND LIEGE OVERLORD OF THE PEOPLE OF THE EAST. On one side of the archway stands IRON KNIGHT ARISTON. There are many festively dressed people in the room, sitting on the padded benches that line the walls or drifting in and out of the exit to the balcony.

ROSANEGRA: Hail, Knight, is the King's Majesty within?

IRON KNIGHT ARISTON: Nay, not within, but to the Gateway gone, to greet the envoys sent from Ethucan. He'll soon return, to lead the festival. And hark ye, even now they all approach.

(Trumpeters play a stately tune. Enter a HERALD through the north door.)

HERALD:
Stand and do honour, let the trumpets ring,
for comes before you Valorn's rightful King,
who of the North is named the rightful lord,
and by the South acclaimed with one accord,
as in the East to him they bend the knee
who joins in peace and honour Kingdoms three.

(Enter the HIGH KING, QUEEN, and PRINCE in procession, accompanied by the ETHUCAN AMBASSADOR and several Ethucan guards, IRON KNIGHT ALETHEIA, and the HIGH CLERIC OF BRANISHOR.)

(The HIGH KING and QUEEN seat themselves on the throne and the PRINCE sits at their feet. The two IRON KNIGHTS stand on each side of the throne. ROSANEGRA sits on the bottom step of the dais and begins playing softly on a zither.)

KING: Well met and welcome, all who gather here to join us in our autumn festival! Now let the feasting and the revelry begin, and let the wine-cups overflow, the feasting-tables heavily be filled.

ETHUCAN AMBASSADOR: (presents baskets full of wine bottles) Accept from us, and from our Emperor, these vintages, the fruit of precious vines that grow upon Cantabria's fair hills.

QUEEN: Our thanks, and let us raise a glass on high, of friendship's fruit and savor scented sweet. (ROSANEGRA opens a bottle and fills glasses for the KING, QUEEN, PRINCE, and ETHUCAN AMBASSADOR.)

(Enter a RAGGED HERMIT.)

RAGGED HERMIT: DOOM AND DEATH, DARKNESS APPROACHES!

(ROSANEGRA drops the bottle and red wine spreads over the floor.)

RAGGED HERMIT:
Horror unknown hovers nearer,
hastening soon to hideous ending!

KING: In Cory's name, what outcry have we here?

IRON KNIGHT ARISTON: Good cleric, calm yourself; you bring disorder.

RAGGED HERMIT:
Sunrifter hidden by swarms of demons,
bodies broken, blood flowing,
towers trembling, toppling in ruins,
cities falling, fading to darkness ...

QUEEN: What's now amiss? What ails him? Is he mad?

KING: I do not know. Now, hermit, what's your wish? If you would speak to me, I wait to hear.

RAGGED HERMIT:
Undead and demons dwell in the shadow,
follow the footsteps of foul corruption,
the curse of Valorn, chaos descending.
Valorn, beware a vile evil!
Valorn, now mourn, for the mighty will fall!
Within this place of proud beauty
will flow deep waters, washing the stain
of royal blood that reddens the floor.

IRON KNIGHT ALETHEIA: Here, that's sufficient. Take this man away.

KING: I fear you're right. Remove him, if you please, and have some healer minister to him.

IRON KNIGHT ALETHEIA and IRON KNIGHT ARISTON approach the RAGGED HERMIT. Exit the RAGGED HERMIT out the north door.

PRINCE: I feel my heart unsettled. Could there be some drop of meaning in his flood of words?

HIGH CLERIC: I could not tell; for all it seemed to me his words were tangled like his ancient beard.

PRINCE: He spoke of danger, imminent and near.

HIGH CLERIC: He spoke of madness from his inner mind. What other danger threatens us this day?

KING: Musicians, rise, and give us gladsome sounds; from this misfortuned clamor cleanse our ears.

(MUSICIANS begin to play. Exit ROSANEGRA through the north door under cover of the resumed festivities, leaving her zither behind.)

Scene ii. BALTHAZAR'S stronghold. The room is dark with the presence of BALTHAZAR.

BALTHAZAR: There is no question that I shall prevail over the weakling rabble that presumes to call itself a Kingdom. Shall there be a Kingdom living, and I not the King? A stronghold, and I not its Lord? A shrine where I am not the only worshipped god? It shall not be, for I shall be the shrine, the stronghold, kingdom, only god, and King, or else destroy what will not yield to me. But when to strike? That needs more pondering.

GENERAL ALTIMOS: My lord, a minion waits your word without.

BALTHAZAR: What minion dares to seek my face? 'Tis you, or someone lesser, who should deal with such.

GENERAL ALTIMOS: This minion dwells unknown within the land of Valorn, hiding loyalty to you beneath a fair and smiling face, and claims to have such tidings as you soon should hear.

BALTHAZAR: Then bid the spy come hither. We are pleased to have such servants, and to hear their words.

(Exit GENERAL ALTIMOS. Enter ROSANEGRA, who abases herself before BALTHAZAR.)

ROSANEGRA: All hail to you, Dark Lord of mighty power.

BALTHAZAR: 'Tis Rosanegra! What has brought you here, my bird who nests beneath the eaves of Valorn and brings their every word and thought and plan, as fresh as new-killed prey still bright with blood, to grace my darkened chamber? Speak your news.

ROSANEGRA: Today the King keeps Autumn Festival, with feasting, music, dance, and revelry. From Ethucan an emissary came, and many lords and ladies of the court. But in the midst of all this joy and song an ancient hermit spoke out words of doom. He spoke such words as made the Iron Knights pursue him from the room, and made the King declare him mad, and think of him no more. But I, who know that you will soon be King after the sack of Valorn and the death of those who rule it now, did hear his words and knew he had some knowledge of your plans.

BALTHAZAR: This cannot be. What said this hermit mad?

ROSANEGRA: He spoke of coming doom, the fall of dark. He spoke of cities crumbling into ruin and swarms of demons darkening the sun, and undead evil. Last of all he warned that blood of kings would stain the palace floor.

BALTHAZAR: And none gave heed, and all believed him mad?

ROSANEGRA: The King and Queen spoke little of his words. I heard the High One, come from Branishor, comfort the Prince who seemed disquieted. I heard no others, for I took my leave.

BALTHAZAR: This will not do. This hermit in some way has scented my approach, and given cry. Though none believe him now, they may in time think further on his words of prophecy and be prepared to meet me when I strike.

ROSANEGRA: To kill the hermit were a moment's task.

BALTHAZAR: The hermit's death would fail to silence him, for with his body cold, his earlier words would only speak the louder. Leave him be. Ho, General Altimos, at once to me!

(Enter GENERAL ALTIMOS.)

BALTHAZAR: I have no doubt of Rosanegra's word. It may have been the gods who sent a dream or vision to the hermit of my plans. We must act now, no longer wait concealed. Prepare my armies, ready all my troops, and we will loose the floodgates of my might on unsuspecting Valorn in three days.

ROSANEGRA: Have I gained neither orders nor reward?

BALTHAZAR: You have gained both. Return to Valorn now; you still may hear their secrets and their plans. And once I hold the seat of Valorn's power, I'll make you first among my web of spies through all the land where Valorn's kingdom lay.

ROSANEGRA: I go, to sit before the High King's throne.

(Exeunt ROSANEGRA and GENERAL ALTIMOS.)

Scene iii. Branishor Tower, three days later. A BRANISHOR GUARD and a WOMAN OF BRANISHOR are there, with arms around each other.

GUARD: Although the sight of all these lands is fair, when I am on this tower high with you, 'tis you alone my eyes desire to see, more than the distant sights. Within your eyes I'd rather gaze than scan some far horizon.

WOMAN: As you well know, my heart agrees with yours, and so it should, since it belongs to you. (pause) Is that a stormcloud blowing from the east? If so, let's go to shelter down below.

GUARD: It moves unlike a cloud, too low and dark, and things within it seem to writhe and swell. The smell of death is in the eastern wind.

WOMAN: It moves still closer, and I like it not. Come, let us rouse the guard and seek the help of those who serve in Cory's holy place.

(Exeunt GUARD and WOMAN.)

[scene change to foyer of temple of Cory in Branishor]

(Enter GUARD and WOMAN.)

GUARD: Most Holy, we have seen a sight of fear while on the highest tower, and have called the guards of Branishor. Now we are here to bring the temple word of coming danger.

HIGH CLERIC: Of danger? Here in Valorn?

WOMAN: In the east, upon the mountains, something dark and strange is moving toward the gates of Branishor, with foulness hung about it like a veil that hides a face too hideous to bear.

(Trumpets sound from the northern gate)

GUARD: The trumpets signal danger. I have heard that summons sounded from my Captain's horn when yet initiate, that we might know what it portended. Woe to Branishor!

HIGH CLERIC: (to himself) This grips my heart, for 'twas three days ago I heard the trumpets sound before the King, a joyful noise, and on that very day a crazed cleric warned of peril near. Mayhap I should have listened to his words. (to others) If danger threatens, some must guard the gates, while others guard the temple, and still more must hasten to the palace and the King to warn and ask for aid. (to GUARD and WOMAN) Go quickly thence.

(Exeunt GUARD and WOMAN.)

ACT II

Scene i. Throne Room, Caer Laleldan, one week later.

KING: This telling grieves me more than I can say. And still the city stands, not yet destroyed?

HIGH CLERIC: The city stands, but all its folk have fled. And from the tower I have seen the hordes of dreadful demons and of foul undead and horrid throng of twisted creatures crawl from down the mountains to the city's gate. But worse than that, the rich and fertile lands all to the north are withered and destroyed by evil magics far beyond our ken.

KING: What can you tell us of these dark designs, of these death-dealing magics, and of him who brought them forth to war against our land?

HIGH CLERIC: I know his name, and it is Balthazar. I know his nature, evil to the core. I know his quest, to rule above this land in place of King or Queen or even gods, to hold as slaves each woman, man, and child. And I have seen his power, and I fear.

PRINCE: High Cleric, when the hermit spoke to us on that first day of Autumn Festival, was this the dark and danger he foretold?

HIGH CLERIC: I so believe, my Prince. Would I had heard with open ears his warning when he spoke!

(Enter several IRON KNIGHTS including IRON KNIGHT ALETHEIA.)

IRON KNIGHT ALETHEIA: My King and Queen, the fortress is o'erwhelmed, the pass destroyed and blocked, so none may reach our post of Strifegorge, save by magic means. And in that avalanche, brought down on us by Balthazar -- for so he named himself -- were many Iron Knights untimely slain.

KING: More losses yet among my loyal Knights!

IK ALETHEIA: The Knights who marched for Branishor were still within the pass when when all the mountain fell, thrown down on them by might of Balthazar. We stayed behind to seek the giants' aid, and were within their stronghold when we heard the thund'rous sound of falling rocks and earth. The giants now have shut their granite walls against the evil, leaving us alone outside the gate to make our way to you.

ETHUCAN AMBASSADOR: This danger and disorder we must flee, and hasten home to warn the Emperor, lest Balthazar come next to Ethucan. But if our Emperor decrees it such, we will return with armies to your aid.

KING: Safe journey to your Gateway and beyond.

(Exit ETHUCAN AMBASSADOR.)

Scene ii. Milltown Center, crowded with fleeing people. The HIGH ENCHANTER and the HIGH CLERIC are directing and calming them. The HIGH ENCHANTER summons a portal and the CITIZENS go into it.

HIGH ENCHANTER: Now enter, citizens, and waste no time. The evil reaches to our very walls from Ryndall, fallen now and filled with demons.

CITIZEN: Where, then, will we find safety? For our homes are now a desert, and our former fields the haunt of scorpions, where zombies prowl.

HIGH CLERIC: In Kilican, Kimald, or Ethucan.

CITIZEN: What of the King and of his family? In Caer Laleldan can they still abide?

HIGH ENCHANTER (quietly): A question, that, which others also ask. The King will not retreat before the hordes, but orders us to send his people first to safety, ere we seek to shield the throne.

HIGH CLERIC: The Iron Knights are still the throne's defense.

HIGH ENCHANTER: The Iron Knights are warriors, and the might of Balthazar requires a mage's aid, a cleric's healing. And they now are few, a handful only, where a hundred stood.

HIGH CLERIC: Remind me not. I fear we'll be undone. (The ground trembles violently with a loud rumbling) The gods defend us! What does this portend?

(Enter an ENCHANTER through a portal.)

ENCHANTER: Greetings. I to the King with tidings go.

HIGH ENCHANTER: What tidings? Good or ill?

ENCHANTER: Most doleful news. The Gateway's gone; the earthquake sank it deep beneath the southern swamp, and now we'll get no further word or aid from Ethucan.

HIGH ENCHANTER: Indeed the King must hear this baleful word. Go quick but cautious, for beyond the walls the evil that is Balthazar awaits and will, we fear, soon strike against the town.

(Exit ENCHANTER.)

Scene iii. Throne room of Caer Laleldan.

KING: The time has come, for soon the gates will fall, and all the city's streets will be o'errun with evil's minions. Love, you must depart, while I remain to hold the foe at bay until our people flee.

QUEEN: And I as well.

KING: No, never so! You with the prince must flee, and with the knowledge of your safe escape I'll laughing go to fight with Balthazar.

QUEEN: I'll not depart without you, nor abide one hour above the earth when you are gone. If sword of Balthazar should pierce your heart then will mine also bleed, for we are one. But send the Prince away with Iron Knights.

IRON KNIGHT ARISTON: Must we then leave our King and Queen to die?

KING: See here these threads, of black and white combined. Now, Iron Knights, draw near, and choose your lot. The white will here remain to fight with us; the black will take the Prince to safety now. I have ten Iron Knights still known alive, and five of you will be the Prince's guard.

(IRON KNIGHTS draw lots, and upon seeing the colors, embrace each other and separate into two groups, one led by IRON KNIGHT ARISTON and the other by IRON KNIGHT ALETHEIA.)

(Enter PRINCE, HIGH ENCHANTER, and ROSANEGRA.)

KING: My son, you now must show your bravery by fleeing for the sake of all our line, and with these Iron Knights seek sanctuary while we remain here face to face with death.

PRINCE: If it must be, my father, I will go, for I foresaw ere now our kingdom's grief and peril might be such that we would part, and neither know the fate the other bore.

HIGH ENCHANTER: I'll send the Prince and Knights, but by your leave, I will remain to help defend the throne. But, Rosanegra, why remain you here, and not away to safety by this time?

ROSANEGRA: By your good leave, my King and Queen, I stayed, reluctant to depart ere you were safe, but now, since skill in battle have I none, I'll follow still the hope of Valorn's line, and serve the Prince as I have served my King.

KING: Let it be so. Enchanter, ply your skill and take our son to safety while you may.

(The HIGH ENCHANTER summons a portal. Exit IRON KNIGHT ALETHEIA, the PRINCE, four more IRON KNIGHTS, and ROSANEGRA through the portal.)

QUEEN: 'Tis noon, and yet it darkens. Doom is nigh. May Cory, Ben, and Darren us defend!

(The scene fades into darkness.)

ACT III

Scene i. The throne room of Caer Laleldan, completely darkened by the presence of BALTHAZAR.

IRON KNIGHT ARISTON: Enchanter, do you stand? Our end is near.

BALTHAZAR: Your end is here. Your brother Knights lie dead, but you may live, if you will yield to me.

IRON KNIGHT ARISTON: For once he speaks the truth. Our armies all are dead or fleeing, else would he not walk unhindered in this chamber.

ENCHANTER: Even so, the gods' own magic still defends the King.

IRON KNIGHT ARISTON: GODS SAVE THE KING!

(A horrible crushing sound)

BALTHAZAR: So end the Iron Knights. Now yield, Enchanter, or you too will die. The majesty of Valorn stands at bay behind the magic veil. Come out to me and I will spare your last pathetic slave, this weak enchanter, in my triumph here.

HIGH ENCHANTER: GODS SAVE THE KING!

(Sound of body being thrown violently against wall)

BALTHAZAR: He struck, but did no harm against my armor. Though the magic holds, I pass the barrier, and I stand within, and promise death unless you yield to me.

KING: We will not yield. Our dear defenders cried "Gods save the King," but we in turn declare "The gods are our defense, in life and death."

BALTHAZAR: And what if I should take you prisoner, and put the Queen to torture, or the Prince, until you swear me fealty? But wait, where is the Prince? I see but King and Queen.

KING: The Prince is where you cannot harm him more.

BALTHAZAR: Dead, or in hiding? I will find it out, for I have placed within your very nest a serpent of my choosing, smooth and sweet, whose skill at roguery much music makes, but also brings me every royal word. Wherever Rosanegra now has gone, I know 'tis in my service, and will soon result in further downfall of this land. Now die, and know that if he still survives, the Prince is sure to join you soon in death.

(Sound of battle, ended by horrible crushing sounds)

BALTHAZAR: They died like insects, and this place, that strove to banish darkness, now belongs to me. But first I must insure the Prince's death.

(Exit BALTHAZAR.)

Scene ii. The next day, in front of the palace of Caer Laleldan. BALTHAZAR and GENERAL ALTIMOS and DEMONS stand in darkness.

BALTHAZAR: Valorn is mine, and yet I cannot find a sign, not dead or living, of the Prince,
I go to further search. Keep wary watch, for still some token struggle may arise.

(Exit BALTHAZAR with his darkness, leaving GENERAL ALTIMOS and DEMONS in daylight.)

GENERAL ALTIMOS: Noon comes apace. One day it took to slay the King and Queen within their inner hearth and overcome their best and last defense. And now Sunrifter, said to house the gods, looks down on blood and burning towns, on waste and desert, and upon a host of slaves where once the gods had faithful worshipers.

FIRST DEMON: There are no gods, for would they not have come to aid the King they chose, in his distress?

SECOND DEMON: Or if there are, they'll fall to Balthazar as easily as all their clerics fell, still calling on the gods that did not hear.

(The ground trembles.)

GENERAL ALTIMOS: Hark, for the ground's unquiet, and the lake moves now as if in storm, though all is still.

(The ground shakes harder.)

FIRST DEMON: Why does it thus? Some magic is afoot.

SECOND DEMON: The water rises. Nay, the castle falls!

(With a roar, the entire castle of Caer Laleldan begins to disappear slowly into the ground to be covered by the waters of the lake. DEMONS flee out of the castle.)

GENERAL ALTIMOS: Fall back! Fall back, lest we should all be drowned. Indeed some magic has awakened now. Perhaps the King in dying left a curse, or roguish trap that only now was sprung.

FIRST DEMON: Perhaps it was the gods.

SECOND DEMON: The gods, forsooth!

GENERAL ALTIMOS: Silence! It may have been Lord Balthazar. Perhaps he chose destruction of this place in case the prince is living, and returns, that he will find his castle drowned and gone.

(Enter BALTHAZAR, with darkness.)

BALTHAZAR: I felt an earthquake, not at my command. What folly's this? Where has the castle gone?

GENERAL ALTIMOS: It sank beneath the lake, Lord Balthazar. We fear the High King left a dying curse.

BALTHAZAR: Mayhap, but if he left a dying curse it would not fall until his line was dead. Therefore I hope the Prince is truly dead and thus the castle, sinking down in grief, proclaims the end of Valorn's royal line.

Scene iii. Somewhere in the Endless Desert. The PRINCE, five IRON KNIGHTS led by IRON KNIGHT ALETHEIA, and ROSANEGRA rest at an oasis.

PRINCE: This water's welcome after miles of sand, and night is coming. Why not here remain?

IRON KNIGHT ALETHEIA: I know a safer place not far from here, but by the water let us rest awhile.

ROSANEGRA: What safer place is that, O faithful Knight?

IRON KNIGHT ALETHEIA: A hidden temple I will hope to find which once I knew, though now the desert wind blows north and south, and covers half the land. Because it was in desert ere he came, I well believe the evil Balthazar knows nothing of it. There we may be safe for now, and take the time to form our plans.

ROSANEGRA: I hear your words with thanks, for I grow tired, and when we shelter, I will gladly sleep. (aside) And once all sleep, I'll haste to Balthazar.

PRINCE: Someone approaches. Be it friend or foe?

IRON KNIGHT ALETHEIA: Stay well behind, my Prince, and be not seen.

Enter a CLOAKED FIGURE stumbling through the sand. Ignoring the KNIGHTS and others, it falls to its knees and drinks at the pool.

CLOAKED FIGURE: Thanks to the gods for water in this place.

(Throws back the cloak to reveal the HIGH ENCHANTER)

HIGH ENCHANTER: My Prince ... my King ... I bring you sorrows great.

PRINCE: By your first words, I know the word you bring. My father then is dead, and so my mother, for never would she let him die alone.

HIGH ENCHANTER: Aye, it is so. The Iron Knights are dead who stood between their chamber and the foe. And I was grasped and thrown by Balthazar, who thought me dead, but I lay still and heard the king and queen defiant till the end. I heard the brazen boasts of Balthazar, who thought that none would live who heard his words. Though wounded sore, I teleported then to Milltown Center, whence I made my way to this oasis, for a resting-place.

IRON KNIGHT ALETHEIA: And so did we. The gods have blessed your way.

HIGH ENCHANTER: The gods have granted greater blessings yet, for Balthazar in no uncertain terms proclaimed by name the traitor in our midst, his choicest spy, who lurked in secret guise within the very castle of our King, and, living yet, still seeks to do his will.

IRON KNIGHT ALETHEIA: Who? Speak the name and where he may be found, and once the Prince is safe, I'll go to seek the traitor's death!

HIGH ENCHANTER: She stands before you now, with smiling visage innocent and fair, and soon as we might find a hiding-place, I'll wager she'd be off to Balthazar.

(Points at ROSANEGRA)

ROSANEGRA: What, I? My lord, you are mistaken quite.

HIGH ENCHANTER: Her master, Balthazar, was pleased to praise her treachery, and wring your parents' hearts with promises that Rosanegra soon would bring the Prince within his evil grasp. The mighty gods, who see through all disguise, will soon or late uncover guilty deeds, though they be well concealed by dark deceit.

IRON KNIGHT ALETHEIA: Now, by the gods, I'll cleave in twain your foul and faithless heart, and spill upon the sand your blood, to mingle with the red remains of all the helpless whom you so betrayed when you allied yourself with Balthazar!

PRINCE: Hold, Iron Knight. If I am now the King I would not start my reign by dealing death.
Let Rosanegra be a captive held. For I can scarce believe th'Enchanter's word, and grieve to think she took a traitor's fee.

ROSANEGRA: My Prince-- nay, King -- I fall upon my knees and here beseech you, credit not this thing! The High Enchanter, wounded sore and dazed, no doubt misheard the words of Balthazar! I am no traitor, but your subject true, and if I wish you ill, or serve you false, or ever dreamed betrayal of your line, may Ben the Mighty strike me from this earth!

(A blinding flash of lightning strikes ROSANEGRA into ash, and the ashes blow away in the desert wind.)

Epilogue. The Desert Temple.

IRON KNIGHT ALETHEIA: Here is the temple. Let us in its shade rest and await the marc of opening, and heal the High Enchanter's grievous wounds. Our footprints by the wind are blown away, and for the nonce we are in safety here.

PRINCE: Aye, let us rest within its holy walls and counsel with ourselves my future fate, for I am now a King without a realm.

(The temple doors open from the inside. Enter the RAGGED HERMIT from within the temple.)

HERMIT: Hail to thee, High King of Valorn.

HIGH ENCHANTER: It is the hermit, he who all foretold!

HERMIT: Waters rise, waves cover
valiant rulers, vilely murdered.
Darkness reigns. Demon-spawn
fills the land with festering evil.

HIGH ENCHANTER: Hermit, we know too well whereof you speak.

HERMIT: Years turn, time passes,
rises again the reign of Kings.
Lightning-wielder, well-beloved,
called by gods, comes to his throne.

IRON KNIGHT ALETHEIA: I seem to hear from him a word of hope.

HERMIT: Line of Kings lost is found,
Iron Knights known once more.
Gods provide, granting prayers;
clerics dream of dark-haired one.

PRINCE: O Hermit, if you know me for your King,
I bid you plainly speak, by all the gods.

HERMIT: Valorn's King, voice of the gods,
royal line reigns unbroken.
Known or unknown, nameless, hidden,
great is their line. GODS SAVE THE KING!

(Exit the RAGGED HERMIT, out into the desert.)

THE END

Tygerna Yzel
New Adventurer

Postby Tygerna Yzel » Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:40 am

Tygerna Yzel *smiles*
*smiles happly and looks about* There is no greater calling that to give your life to save others but tell I am called to pay for that honor in the coin of my life I am going to enjoy every bit of it.

kitwritten
Adventurer

Postby kitwritten » Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:06 pm

Kit Written-Auditioning for the part of the Ragged Hermit.

[edit] I would like to audition on Wendesday [/end]
Last edited by kitwritten on Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rufio, Rufio! Rufi-ooooooooooo!
Kit Written - # 87580

Edenn
Adventurer

Postby Edenn » Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:25 pm

To sign up I just need people to post which character and when they want to audition.

Xanthias
I talk WAY too much

Postby Xanthias » Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:26 am

Is everything here strictly by the play? Or are there emotes allowed?

I don't want to ruin Topaz's beautiful work by adding anything.

I'm not talking about play altering actions either. Just small ones, hand gestures, nods, the like.

Topaz
I talk WAY too much

Postby Topaz » Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:16 am

Oh, definitely. Chew the scenery.

Topaz

Xanthias
I talk WAY too much

Postby Xanthias » Tue Oct 31, 2006 5:12 am

Gaelen Sildstrom # 52059

Auditioning for: The King

Audition Time: Whenever, just send me a PM.
Last edited by Xanthias on Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:11 am, edited 2 times in total.

sarducci2
Adventurer

Postby sarducci2 » Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:56 am

Im not sure if I can be available, unless more specific on the date and time of the play. I would like to participate and not able to make any of the audition times... sorry about that, so would it be alright to be a last minute fill-in for any character you need me to become?
Noble Sarducci 49517

Edenn
Adventurer

Postby Edenn » Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:47 am

We're thinking the play would probably be done on the 12th of November at 5 pm est. This is NOT yet definite.

Farwathy
New Adventurer

Audition

Postby Farwathy » Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:24 pm

I would like to audition for the part of the High Enchanter

AKA Azure
I talk WAY too much

Postby AKA Azure » Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:16 am

Since the 12th has come and gone, and I don't think it's been done. Will it happen in Dec or Jan? I'ld like to audition for the part of Rosanegra.... *gives an experimental dry cough*

Azure
Last edited by AKA Azure on Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Edenn
Adventurer

Postby Edenn » Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:23 am

We're hoping to have the play later this month.

Edenn
Adventurer

Postby Edenn » Sat Nov 18, 2006 6:07 pm

Due to a lack of actors the play has been cancelled. Perhaps at some later date it can be ressurected.

Ben
Lead Worldbuilder

Postby Ben » Sat Nov 18, 2006 7:11 pm

That was a rather large list of parts. =) I am sad that this did not work out. Perhaps start smaller next time... I like to see plays and stuff happen.
Ben
Grimoire Entertainment Inc.
Click HERE to contact Ben or another Admin. Actually, don't contact Ben, he's somewhat pretty much retired.

Maerad
New Adventurer

Postby Maerad » Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:25 am

Edenn..when you decide to put the play in action...I'd like to audition for the part of the Queen of Valorn *smiles* Hopefully..sometime later, you can call for auditions again *smiles gently*
Maerad Shadowfire, Warrior

sarducci2
Adventurer

Postby sarducci2 » Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:45 pm

Maerad, Your avatar is most pleasing to the eye**smiles**. I would vote for you to be Queen if I were a judge:)
Noble Sarducci 49517

Maerad
New Adventurer

Thanks

Postby Maerad » Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:50 pm

Why thank you, Sarducci! *blushes*
Maerad Shadowfire, Warrior

Return to “Contest and Event Planning”