Creative answer Contest: Sacrata books 1-14 as the prize.

This board contains announcements, discussion and planning for in-game events.
Corwin Skyborn
Social Leech

Creative answer Contest: Sacrata books 1-14 as the prize.

Postby Corwin Skyborn » Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:08 am

A rogue has 1 brother and 3 sisters, His mother has only 1 sister who helped raise his sisters and 2 cousins, his father has one brother and 3 sons. If the rogue were to stop speaking to one of his sisters and one of this brothers for 5 years which of his parants would have the best chance to repair the problem and get them all back onto speaking terms?

I'm bored so come up with a creative answer to claim the prize. I'll let the contest run for at least the next 3 days and hopefully find a very nice answer here so I may award this expensively collected set of Sacrata Journals. I tend to have a bad habit of spending money to buy Treasure Boxes so several of these journals cost me over 1000p each. Enjoy!
Trying to make sense of gods and goddesses has led many men to ruin. I suggest you avoid it from now on.
-Ben-

purazon
Social Leech

Postby purazon » Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:35 pm

Well, If the rogue has 1 (full) brother and his father has 3 sons, he has a halfbrother, who is not the son of the mother (obviously). Assuming this halfbrother ...

Well, I'm going to cut a long answer short. Who has the most chance? The one with the most opportunities. Who will have the most opportunities? The one who lives the longest. Valorn is a dangerous place, even to assume that one of them would reach those 5 years is a liability
Purazon 12387

Today is yesterday's tomorrow. Enjoy it.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero.
Trinaldian Archives - Library

dagobert
Experienced Adventurer

Postby dagobert » Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:09 pm

The Cleric Parent, with their healing words, would have the best chance to repair the situation. If, of course, they allow each party the opportunity to air their side of the story, since what had them stop talking in the first place was pretty serious (I can't believe people still DO that....). Then again, if Mom puts her foot down.... well, let's just say no one wants to see that happen.

:D
Image Image
The only way for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing.

Morris
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Morris » Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:07 pm

He's a Rogue so does he care

Corwin Skyborn
Social Leech

Postby Corwin Skyborn » Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:37 pm

note: the situation described, is fabricated to facilitate this contest.
Trying to make sense of gods and goddesses has led many men to ruin. I suggest you avoid it from now on.

-Ben-

superduck
I talk WAY too much

Postby superduck » Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:28 pm

The aunt. The rogue and his siblings are unlikely to listen to their parents since children never do that, and they don't trust their father's side of the family because he has children with someone else.

Thorin the Dainty.

As it says to the left......I talk WAY too much. ;)
And yes, I am fully aware that currently it says so to the right, rather than the left, which used to be the location for said line, but I am simply too lazy to change it for you.

Corwin Skyborn
Social Leech

Postby Corwin Skyborn » Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:00 am

superduck wrote:The aunt. The rogue and his siblings are unlikely to listen to their parents since children never do that, and they don't trust their father's side of the family because he has children with someone else.

you're claiming that his aunt is in fact his biological mother? hmm mabye thats why he's not speaking to certain family members..... they were hiding the secret!!! I like it!

-Ben-

Aezrel Thoryn
New Adventurer

Postby Aezrel Thoryn » Sat Sep 09, 2006 1:37 pm

I think Corwin missed the point! It was not the rogue who stopped speaking with is brother and sister, it were them who stopped speaking to the rogue! Who has the most chances? Both parents have just as long as the rogue gives back the purses he took from his brother and sister (which was the final drop that started this all situation!) and promise not to do it again (although I have my doubts if anyone believes the promises of a rogue)! Of course there's always another point of view: he is a rogue! The black sheep of the family! Probably they just don't want to talk with him anymore to avoid him from stealing their words or something!
"The Gods help those who help themselves."

Night Shadowhawk
New Adventurer

Postby Night Shadowhawk » Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:21 am

I would have to say the Mother.

ShadowHunter
Social Leech

Postby ShadowHunter » Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:26 am

the mother because the mother is the only one related to the rogue's whole family (the brother and sisters) whereas the father has only blood ties to the rogue, and two other sons from another relationship.
When your wife or girlfriend or husband or boyfriend is ticking you off, you don't go and delete yourself or whatnot. *shrug* - Ben

Tygerna Yzel
New Adventurer

Rogue

Postby Tygerna Yzel » Mon Sep 11, 2006 5:53 am

*she laughs* Why the mom because she will try the hardest. *smiles* No mother worth the name can stand to see her children unhappy.
*smiles happly and looks about* There is no greater calling that to give your life to save others but tell I am called to pay for that honor in the coin of my life I am going to enjoy every bit of it.

Corwin Skyborn
Social Leech

Postby Corwin Skyborn » Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:12 am

Morris Wins. I will try to track you down to deliver the prize. I only come here every couple days so....good luck getting your prize!

-Ben-

Morris
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Morris » Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:49 pm

Wow I won something :)

Return to “Contest and Event Planning”