Ceremonial Weaponry

This board contains announcements, discussion and planning for in-game events.
Carol of Admin
Experienced Adventurer

Ceremonial Weaponry

Postby Carol of Admin » Sat Aug 19, 2006 2:03 pm

A contest for all levels. Post on this thread in 100 words or less a story about one of your characters and an adventure they have done in the land that would merit the gifting of a ceremonial weapon. It does not matter if the story is about the first jelly you slew, or how you got your name. Do not post spoilers and stay in character.

Ceremonial weapons are not useful in battle, just a unique item to role play with. An example would be the sabers on the dress uniform of marines in the United States.

The contest will end twenty-four hours from now. Good luck to all. Remember no spoilers and urmmm sorry, grammar counts. :)
Last edited by Carol of Admin on Sat Aug 19, 2006 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

james silver
New Adventurer

The Ultimate Day (char # 31709)

Postby james silver » Sat Aug 19, 2006 2:15 pm

My great day was when I could walk past the forge guardian and receive my ultimate weapon. It was a long journey to get it. It started at level 33 as I collected my W.P's and continued. I had help finding and killing the green guardian I needed. We went searching for the forge portal; six people were helping me look for it. Minutes seemed like hours as we searched Valorn. We finally found it in Verthedge Forest; after fighting double spawns every step of the way, I got to rock Valorn and emerged with my basic Ultimate weapon.
Last edited by james silver on Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:17 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Ruby Falcon
New Adventurer

Re: Ceremonial Weaponry

Postby Ruby Falcon » Sat Aug 19, 2006 2:16 pm

Carol of Admin wrote:A contest for all levels. Post on this thread in 100 words or less a story about one of your characters and an adventure they have done in the land that would merit the gifting of a ceremonial weapon. It does not matter if the story is about the first jelly you slew, or how you got your name. Do not post spoilers and stay in character.

Ceremonial weapons are not useful in battle, just a unique item to role play with. An example would be the sabers on the dress uniform of marines in the United States.

The contest will end twenty-four hours from now. Good luck to all.

I am not the strongest cleric, but I can support those in need. A few nights ago in the Inn, I guarded my bonded's rest when a Mouldering Demonic Rat came through the hole in the floor. Fight it, I could not. But those who could fight, I gifted with blessings of Light and Protection. It earned a trip to the Life Monument on Kilican, but it mattered not--I knew I had done my level best, and I have no shame at my fate. So I served well, with the gifts the Gods have granted--may They be praised!

Ruby Falcon-Brogar
Last edited by Ruby Falcon on Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Luna
New Adventurer

Postby Luna » Sat Aug 19, 2006 2:27 pm

Deep in the sea caves, my friend at my side, I’d been told 13 was to young , I was determined to gain my scepter which would allow me to sparkle. I had no problem defeating a majority of the guardians that protected the cursed beast that held my dream in his grasp. trudging along, I slew many demons, until I reached the monstrosity that planned my demise. I took one look at him, and felt, this was a mistake. However, aided by my friend, victory was mine. I was granted the scepter and eventually the ability to sparkle all!

~
Luna Ambrose (Char # 77708)
Last edited by Luna on Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
May all the Universe Sparkle for YOU!

Blythe
I talk WAY too much

Postby Blythe » Sat Aug 19, 2006 2:48 pm

I have killer breath, seriously. A particularly nasty Green Crystal Guardian was getting the better of me and I would have lost for certain had Shakl Kull not arrived to weaken the beast enough for me to make a final charge. I raised my sword high and gave a mighty shout as I lunged. My sword never connected, but the Guardian fell over dead at my feet. While I recovered from my shock, Cyno remarked that it must have been the deadly nature of my breath that had slain the beast because my blade was not even close!
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D
Raffe Rychmin

10x2

Ravenna
New Adventurer

Postby Ravenna » Sat Aug 19, 2006 2:52 pm

I remember looking the beast in the eyes, the beast that held the crystal I was to obtain. I brushed my fear aside however and drew up my rapier. The battle was long and I thought I would not make it out alive. I soon found myself winning and with a fierce blow, the beast fell to the ground. A glimmer of light shone from behind it. I picked up the crystal, mesmerized by the facets and soft light. This is what I was to obtain and the glow that came from the crystal seemed to warm by battle-weary heart.

Ravenna Onyxclaw - #5982
http://www.darkgrimoire.com/cshow5982.html
Last edited by Ravenna on Sat Aug 19, 2006 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fleur
Veteran

Postby Fleur » Sat Aug 19, 2006 2:54 pm

The Shrouded Sun building was still sparklingly new when Cerberus called. “Bandits!â€
Last edited by Fleur on Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ildara
New Adventurer

Slaying the beast

Postby Ildara » Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:02 pm

My best fight was against a N'rolav Beast. I blessed all that I could and then turned to the beast. I hit him repeatedly, adding my damage to that inflicted by the stronger warriors in the land. The beast took another step towards Dundee. I was furious! He was not going to destroy my new home. I followed him with the others. I continued healing people and hitting the beast. At last, the beast fell! To my utter surprise I received the prize when the beast died. I had been lucky enough to have dealt the death blow to him.

(Char #17938)
Last edited by Ildara on Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Luna
New Adventurer

Postby Luna » Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:03 pm

***Posting on Behalf of Elic Thrall (Char # 82833) who cannot log in for some reason***

Cadderly leans over the cannon saying "What happens if I do this?" as he slips into the barrel headfirst....

Cadderly is fired from the cannon! Cadderly streaks across the sky!

Atlanta watches Cadderly dissapearing and replys...."Then.....you don't need guiding back!"

I shouted "CADDERLY!!!!!!"...But he's gone! Through our Guild's grace we talk at distance.....

Atlanta said "Um......where'd ya land?"

Cadderly replied "Dunno...! It's cold with snow everywhere."

Atlanta replied "I'm walking to Milltown.....Don't trust that cannon!"

I said "I'll go with you Atlanta."

Atlanta began walking....Soft laughter drifted back...

And she replied "Good idea!"
Last edited by Luna on Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May all the Universe Sparkle for YOU!

Fleur
Veteran

Postby Fleur » Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:05 pm

Can I suggest that some of these are doctored to fit in with the word limit? (Hope you don't mind, Carol!)

It would be a shame if they were disqualified for being over 100 words.

Carol of Admin
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Carol of Admin » Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:07 pm

I was just going to ask if people would check their word counts and get them to 100 or less please.

Also - post your character ID number as well. I'm not sure what would be worse, being disqualified for going over the word limit or winning and I can't find you in game to give you one of the HAWT prizes planned for this contest.

superduck
I talk WAY too much

Postby superduck » Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:16 pm

Hundreds of thousands of marcs ago, there was an initiate named Thorin, with undiscovered Daintyness. When he heard the Town Crier's call, that a large beast was attacking Dundee, he went to see what was happening. As Thorin stood there, the beast looked at him and could only think 'the Dainty one must die!'. And so it happened that poor, helpless Thorin was slain. However, while the beast was dealing with him, other adventurers managed to discover a weakness in the armor of the beast.......and with one mightly blow, it fell. It was then, that everyone finally recognized his Daintyness.

character 5739.

Thorin the Dainty.

As it says to the left......I talk WAY too much. ;)
And yes, I am fully aware that currently it says so to the right, rather than the left, which used to be the location for said line, but I am simply too lazy to change it for you.

Wyf_Broadskull
Adventurer

my first day

Postby Wyf_Broadskull » Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:28 pm

I first stepped foot onto this land only a few short days ago. I was green and bullheaded, ready to charge into battle and stay until the life had been taken from me. Several times I found myself in the inn, waiting to recover my strength before attempting to return to battle.

During these trying times, several more experienced adventurers, took the time to encourage me and offer me some supplies and better weapons.I thanked them all, though truly I was lost for words for the help they gave a greenhorn like me.

Wyf Broadskull
Last edited by Wyf_Broadskull on Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Alrisaera
New Adventurer

Postby Alrisaera » Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:29 pm

ID: 38189

Her skill level was merely 21, and so her goal would be hard to reach. Alri glared at the beast, but fell after two powerful hits from her adversary. Eager to prove her worth, she headed back to the foul creature. Again and again she ran from him, wearing him down slowly. Five times did Cory replenish her life, and on that final trek, she defeated the beast. Worn and bleeding terribly, she held up the reward, her face radiating with pride as she basked in the glow of the Scarab Sheild.

Night Shadowhawk
New Adventurer

Postby Night Shadowhawk » Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:33 pm

I have many great adventures. The greatest on was when I rewarded with helping the young newbies to Valorn. I was speaking to a young one giving advice, When T'yandra Stallheart walked in. I was shocked and amazed by her presence. we then talked for awhile. I with palm all sweaty and afraid that I would say something wrong. I told her that I was helping the young ones. She then rewarded me with 2000 Plat. I told her that it will be used to provide weapons and Health Potions for the young ones. I will always remember that day. I was blessed with her kindness and will always honor it.
I wish all the best in this Contest.
With the Vow always in my heart.

One Heart, One Mind, One Will, One Soul.
Night Shadowhawk. :)

Aezrel Thoryn
New Adventurer

Postby Aezrel Thoryn » Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:48 pm

There was once a boy named Aezrel,
Who came to Valorn with almost nothing,
Just a few things in a satchel,
And dressed in simple cloth clothing.

He met an old man who would help him so he ran fast,
And fought strange creatures for their loots,
Shinny suit, odd stones, strange metal at last!
That he knew would get him the fancy boots!

After investigating the man used his skills,
And made a pair of boots that were pretty neat,
And the boy went happily up and down the hills,
‘Cause he never again had blisters on his feet!

:lol: :lol: :lol: Sorry if I don't talk about big battles or such but I believe this old man deserves some credit. He has helped a lot of people through the times in Valorn and I bet nobody has ever really thanked him!

Aezrel Thoryn Character#78099

edited to correct spelling in the explanation
Last edited by Aezrel Thoryn on Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ShadowHunter
Social Leech

Postby ShadowHunter » Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:50 pm

I entered the land,
And Tyral bid stand,
And asked me help to lend a hand.

He told me of the rat,
And the sewers in which that,
I would be able to wear my own hat.

Yet little did I know,
The jelly that burned my toe,
Would prove to be a formidable foe.

I lifted my sword up high,
And swung just below my thigh,
Over and over again afraid to die.

Time soared as I swung below,
And finally I slew this formidable foe.
I headed back to the inn, my prize to show.

Zanaan, 13218
Last edited by ShadowHunter on Sun Aug 20, 2006 3:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.
When your wife or girlfriend or husband or boyfriend is ticking you off, you don't go and delete yourself or whatnot. *shrug* - Ben

Thorne Blackrose
New Adventurer

Postby Thorne Blackrose » Sat Aug 19, 2006 4:01 pm

Round and round, in a terpsichorean duel, went Thorne and the Bandit Captains, their dances so well matched that leader and led were only decided upon that final sharp step as each metallic quadrille sounded its terminating note. Which whispered distraction, gravelly stumble, or chink of vulnerability was the conclusive agent sending one partner to the monument or one to the cavern floor? The only unwavering truth was that the dancers loved the dance and it was not without some regret as the Trainer trained and the Crier cried that a beautiful match had ended and only silent estrangement remained.

Thorne Blackrose
http://www.darkgrimoire.com/cshow74610.html
Last edited by Thorne Blackrose on Sat Aug 19, 2006 4:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

idle
New Adventurer

N'rlov ..where in Valorn can that be ??

Postby idle » Sat Aug 19, 2006 4:04 pm

As a young Enchanter I spent some time fighting Zombie Archeologists in the Endless Desert. Once however I pulled from a dead zombie a treasure box..my first ever. Seeking help from my Sponsor and kind Rogue the box was opened to reveal a wonderous blue glowing crystal. Now I seek these crystals on a daily basis in spider caves..and have yet to find one. Looking back i did not realise how lucky I was. The greatest worry for me then was where to take the crystal.. N'rlov ..Bens Statue ..unheard of places for me at that time ..and very scary indeed. A fond memory ..that will stay with me forever. :)

Idlewind ..character No 70462
Last edited by idle on Sat Aug 19, 2006 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Edenn
Adventurer

Postby Edenn » Sat Aug 19, 2006 4:18 pm

In a time long ago Edenn used to train in Caernivale, sleeping and eating, never leaving. After a long day of training, she went to bed and awoke many marcs later to find the town under attack! The only person who had heeded the Criers call of demons was Mylor, and he could scarcely touch them. Edenn jumped up, grabbing her weapon, and quickly put an end to the demons lives. Mylor was amazed by how gracefully Edenn had dispatched of the evil creatures, and for a time, whenever he passed her, he called her the hero of Caernivale.

ID #7176
Most helpful guild around: http://esd.dgplayers.net/phpbb
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Mal: Do you want to run this ship?
Jayne: Yes!
Mal: Well.. ya can't...

Return to “Contest and Event Planning”