Scroll/Stone/Dagger Tournamant, 50 Teleport Scroll Prize!

This board contains announcements, discussion and planning for in-game events.
Corwin Skyborn
Social Leech

Postby Corwin Skyborn » Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:19 pm

Yes and yes

Alfin Slowhand is Assisting me. He usually arrives on DG around
11pm PST. thats -8:00GMT

And I have noted that 2 of the 8 pairings for round 2 are filled and yes I will hold those Bouts if I find the opponents online. I added Everyone in the contest, to my friends list. that way they appear on the bottom of the list and I can do a quick visual check between the pairings and my friends list and call together opponents. I AM WATCHING YOU! :) also feel free to notice your opponent and call yourselves to my attention. so we might see who walks and who falls.

I also am finding it finny that Both Dirks that signed up were paired together LOL. the bracket called for me to pair the 3rd from the front and the 3rd from the last. of the 32.... and so we will be getting a Dirk battle.
Last edited by Corwin Skyborn on Sat Jul 01, 2006 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Trying to make sense of gods and goddesses has led many men to ruin. I suggest you avoid it from now on.
-Ben-

dirk mission
New Adventurer

Postby dirk mission » Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:50 am

Dirkcism! :lol:

Corwin Skyborn
Social Leech

Postby Corwin Skyborn » Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:09 am

Dirkacide!
Trying to make sense of gods and goddesses has led many men to ruin. I suggest you avoid it from now on.

-Ben-

Dirk Dt
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Dirk Dt » Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:57 am

Dirkalicious!

Corwin Skyborn
Social Leech

Postby Corwin Skyborn » Sat Jun 24, 2006 8:05 pm

Due to difficulty in finding some paired opponents I have had to kick in Plan B: http://www.darkgrimoire.com/cshow43828.html
If you don't think you can meet up on Dg during the peak hours of DG... around 3-5pm PST then PM me directly with 20 choices of Dagger Stone or Parchment. I will then act as your proxy in matches..using the same answers you submitted. The full results of any Proxy matches will be posted into this thread. I am short on time right now. But I will be sure to get this out in a PM to each person by tonight.

-Ben-

Corwin Skyborn
Social Leech

Postby Corwin Skyborn » Mon Jun 26, 2006 4:13 pm

I have PMed every person thats still in the running, and requested 20 picks. these will be used by me to "play out" the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. rounds of the contest. I will post the results here and then when the field is narrowed I will try to get back to RPing the matches. I am kicking in this plan B due to getting 6 or 7 PMs daily about missing opponents and such.

-Ben-

Ergo
Adventurer

Postby Ergo » Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:38 pm

Corwin, has everyone sent you their picks? I haven't seen any new results for a few days.
May the gods shine their light upon us all.

Ergo -53615

Dirk Dt
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Dirk Dt » Fri Jun 30, 2006 10:33 pm

Corwin Skyborn wrote:. I am short on time right now.

Perhaps that would answer your question. :wink:

Corwin Skyborn
Social Leech

Postby Corwin Skyborn » Sat Jul 01, 2006 4:29 am

I was having PC problems which made using the net a huge hassle. I have wiped the PC and reinstalled everything. It seems to be working again. I'm going to go install my firewalls and virus guard software. Then see about downloading Service pack 2 for Windows XP.

*in his best hippie impersonation*
hey it's all cool man! like, we don't have to conform to the conformist views of most contests man, we have free will man! this contest could go on for weeks or months!

*in his corwin tone*
If you read the instructions in the first or 2nd post here you will have seen where I said this contest would be on a relaxed time frame. I have implemented plan B to expedite rapid advancement of round 1 and round 2 matches... I have most of the entry forms and I have been having PC issues all week which are fixed now. I will have some time tonight to get the contest info processed and posted. I have to work tomorrow.. building a couple doors from scratch for a wooden fence.. I will PROMISE that I will have the stuff processed by tomorrow night at the latest.

PS I know the market for tele scrolls is HOT right now and 50 of em has a market value of 2500p-5000p so Worry not the winner will have their prize soon enough.
Last edited by Corwin Skyborn on Sun Jul 02, 2006 4:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

-Ben-

ortel
New Adventurer

Postby ortel » Sat Jul 01, 2006 5:52 am

is there a count or about how many are still in the running?
I like the little tacos.I like them good:said by Gir.my alt Maxamous Arcane #72531

Ergo
Adventurer

Postby Ergo » Sun Jul 02, 2006 5:38 am

I apologize for bugging you about this.:oops: I should have read your posts more carefully. You are coordinating a lot of players from many different time zones. You should be commended for your good work.

Ergo -53615

Grunky
New Adventurer

Postby Grunky » Sun Jul 02, 2006 9:40 am

I messaged you 20 picks a few days ago.

Corwin Skyborn
Social Leech

Postby Corwin Skyborn » Sun Jul 02, 2006 8:05 pm

on 2nd examination you did! :) Balthazar must have hidden them from me! But I have them now! First He burns down my family and village....now he hides Grunky's results!!!!!!! I'll Get you Balthazar!!!!

-Ben-

Corwin Skyborn
Social Leech

Postby Corwin Skyborn » Mon Jul 03, 2006 5:57 pm

Fair warning of drastic action being taken to get this contest rolling..

I have 2 people who have seemingly been swallowed by the darkness....
They don't respond to my messages and i'm not seeing them on my list in DG. In 34 hours and 18 minutes they will be disqualified.

Will
Tanno

I truly hate to have to take such drastic action but I'm going to do it out of respect for everyone else who is participating with an interest in the contest.

so Wednesday night 8pm PST.. -8:00 GMT is the cut off for getting your 20 picks to me via PM or Forum message. It would be nice of me to put my Id# here, but i'm not feeling nice :)
Last edited by Corwin Skyborn on Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

-Ben-

Ergo
Adventurer

Postby Ergo » Tue Jul 04, 2006 12:12 am

the number you have for micaya takes me to Skye Dirgenfell. Is he an alt of Micaya.

Ergo -53615

Xanthias
I talk WAY too much

Postby Xanthias » Tue Jul 04, 2006 12:17 am

Skye Dirgenfell -is- Micaya. Long story.

Corwin, I can't talk for Micaya/Skye, but he's in the middle of a cross country move, he may not be on long enough to do what needs to be done. Obviously I would suggest allowing him the chance, but I felt I should let you know.

Corwin Skyborn
Social Leech

Postby Corwin Skyborn » Tue Jul 04, 2006 12:26 am

Ergo wrote:the number you have for micaya takes me to Skye Dirgenfell. Is he an alt of Micaya.
He signed up using the wrong name or the wrong number then. I have no way of knowing his alts... I just changes Micaya to Skye... I have Skye's picks.
Last edited by Corwin Skyborn on Tue Jul 04, 2006 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

-Ben-

Corwin Skyborn
Social Leech

Postby Corwin Skyborn » Tue Jul 04, 2006 12:43 am

Xanthias wrote:Skye Dirgenfell -is- Micaya. Long story.

Corwin, I can't talk for Micaya/Skye, but he's in the middle of a cross country move, he may not be on long enough to do what needs to be done. Obviously I would suggest allowing him the chance, but I felt I should let you know.

I understand all too well that RL can get in the way. However it feels unfair to hold up the entire contest for an untold time span, for the sake of a few people... The other alternative is to allow a proxy person to step in and take their place. in the contest... since it is the 1st round of competition which they have not played out yet... the 3rd option is to run up 3 sets of pick myself and randomely assign the random picks to the 3 people who are missing... But It would strike me as Utterly unfair to give a no-show for the tourney an even shot at the prize...... everyone else that did show and participate could be shout out by the no-shows getting a free run.... I'm trying to go with the path that seems safest and most fair... and right now that path seems to be the one I picked.

I do however want things to be on the positive, so If any of the missing people have an RP sibling or RP bondmate I will let them step in as a Proxy and any prize they win will be split 50/50 between the proxy and the missing person. If you are an RP sibling/family member or an RP bondmate of the missing person you have until the deadline to contact me #43828 and volunteer to take their place... Anyone that does not have a proxy step in, is obviously unloved and will be disqualifed on schedule :)

-Ben-

micaya
Experienced Adventurer

Postby micaya » Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:12 am

K, yeah, sorry Corwin for the confusion, but yeah, I'm Skye Dirgenfell.

And, yeah, I sent you my picks.

I forgot this name isn't my chars name.

So I hope that clears it up, and you have what you need from me.

:?

Corwin Skyborn
Social Leech

Postby Corwin Skyborn » Thu Jul 06, 2006 3:20 am

alrighty thats the closing of the deadline. Tanno you have been disqualified, sorry.

-Ben-

Return to “Contest and Event Planning”