Twenty Two creative contest

This board contains announcements, discussion and planning for in-game events.
Fleur
Veteran

Twenty Two creative contest

Postby Fleur » Fri Dec 23, 2005 5:58 pm

Just a quick, slightly OOC contest (I hope it's OK to put it in this forum...)

How would the Christmas story translate to Trinald?

Entries can be prose, poetry, drama, art or music (or dance, if so desired. *winks*) Prize is 350P, if there are enough entries (7 or more, I think) then there will also be a second prize of 150P.

As this is a late one, closing date is 31/12/05.

I know it's a bit random, but you're supposed to be creative!

Please post your entry, or a link to it, on this thread with a note of your main character name and number: http://twentytwo.dgplayers.net/forums/i ... f=17&t=179

Ix, you're disqualified, in case people think I'm biased... Sorry. *smiles*

--------------------

GreenDaemon
Experienced Adventurer

Postby GreenDaemon » Fri Dec 23, 2005 6:10 pm

Questions:

What do you mean by translate? As in, literally taking the story and fitting it into Trinald somehow, with touches of Trinald dropped in? Or simply making a similar, Trinaldian version?

By Christmas, are you talking Santa Claus/Tales of St. Nicholas, or are you talking about the birth of Jesus in the Christian religion? Or the origins of Yule, for the pagan components woven into our traditional Christmas nowdays?

][ Player's name = Azure ][

Fleur
Veteran

Postby Fleur » Fri Dec 23, 2005 6:33 pm

Answers:

Second question first: I have left this deliberately vague, as I don't particularly want to stipulate what 'the Christmas Story' is to people. I rather imagined we would get different things, from the Christian nativity to St Nicholas. Part of the charm of this to me is seeing what Christmas means to different people.

Which leads to your first question - again, this is very much up to you. I would happily see a prose piece on family life in Trinald that ties in in some way what you plan to do for Christmas. Or a dramatic piece set in Trinald in which you can see the story of St Nicholas. Or a poem about the Christian story directly transposed into Trinaldian history. And so on. As long as it brings your ideas of Christmas and Trinald and marries them somehow, I'll be satisfied.

I know the guidelines aren't very clear, but I'm wary of stifling people's creative urges in this. *smiles* I think it will be illuminating to see what people come up with, if anything!

Return to “Contest and Event Planning”