The Kindred Circle: Murder Mystery Contest

This board contains announcements, discussion and planning for in-game events.
Fleur
Veteran

Postby Fleur » Sat Nov 26, 2005 1:25 pm

Just a change to our team...
Jimmy Kitten (13654) is no longer entering as an individual, she is joining up with Ixon and Fleur.

:D

Fon
Veteran

Postby Fon » Sat Nov 26, 2005 10:57 pm

Chryseis Fyre wrote:The 6 officers consisted of one relative, one bodyguard, 2 advisors, and two friends from his Initiate days.

Wow, I excepted a butler :wink:
Once, I typed 'teh' to be ironic. But, I screwed up typing and it came out 'the'

# 42308

Chryseis Fyre
Adventurer

Postby Chryseis Fyre » Mon Nov 28, 2005 4:52 am

*blows a whistle* And..... they're off!!!! =D

The lists have been handed out to the participants only! ^_~ When this is all done - I'll be placing up the character sheets, plot, winners and answers from this event on our guild website :D

Oh and PLEASE REMEMBER - when you give these actors that code word - they are acting IN CHARACTER as per the Murder Mystery Contest!! Do not be offended by the person or the "regular" character of this person simply because they are ACTING out a role for this event!! :) Thank you! :)
Sketched and Colored by me. Full File

Chryseis Fyre
Adventurer

Postby Chryseis Fyre » Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:30 am

Clarification: Your get ONE guess, so make it a good one! ^_^ We will judge ALL answers at the end of the contest. Unless three teams happen to hit it directly on the nail ^_~

So even if you have not submitted - just submit something on the last day of the contest so we can judge it :D

Last Day: December 5th 2005 11:59PM CST

We chose CST because the game server is on CST time. We are going by MIDNIGHT on the DG server time.

Chryseis Fyre
Adventurer

Postby Chryseis Fyre » Tue Nov 29, 2005 2:08 am

One more Clarification: Now that you have your character sheets just PM all the actors/characters for information. It is your job to piece together the real story and find the true killer ^_~ And.... there may be more than one. But that's for you to find out :D

The suspects all know each other's storylines and that their leader is dead, possibly murdered. Most suspects will only give you their version of what happened, because they cannot actually know other peoples' minds and versions of the story.

Chryseis Fyre
Adventurer

Postby Chryseis Fyre » Thu Dec 01, 2005 8:42 pm

::BULLETIN::

It has been brought to my attention that perhaps one of the actors has been missing for the last couple of days. I do not wish to slow down ANYONE's chances or the game time for people. So, you can do two things. I know Neeshtravven has been answering PMs as they come - you can still send him questions if you wish and he'll get to them when he logs in. But if you wish - you may also send questions for him - to me. I will not be roleplaying his part per se - but I'll give you the facts and answers you seek - so no one is left behind or has less of a chance at this than others.

http://www.darkgrimoire.com/cshow38483.html

Eragon Of Ethucan
New Adventurer

?

Postby Eragon Of Ethucan » Sat Dec 03, 2005 7:05 am

Once We know who did it. What do we say on the forums? Or can we just PM u?
Eragen :)

Snow days ROKKKKKK!!!!!!!

Chryseis Fyre
Adventurer

Re: ?

Postby Chryseis Fyre » Sat Dec 03, 2005 2:12 pm

Eragon Of Ethucan wrote:Once We know who did it. What do we say on the forums? Or can we just PM u?

Best to PM me so you don't reveal your guess to others ^_~

Eragon Of Ethucan
New Adventurer

Postby Eragon Of Ethucan » Sat Dec 03, 2005 3:59 pm

alright.
Eragen :)

Snow days ROKKKKKK!!!!!!!

Chryseis Fyre
Adventurer

Postby Chryseis Fyre » Tue Dec 06, 2005 6:11 am

Contest Officially Over!

Alright, now if you haven't submitted a guess - it is a bit late. :P

We will be voting on the guesses people have made and be awarding the prizes as predetermined. Also, we'll be posting the winners here for all to see ^_^

Chryseis Fyre
Adventurer

Postby Chryseis Fyre » Wed Dec 07, 2005 6:16 am

Winners announced!! ^_^ I'll be contacting the leaders shortly.

GreenDaemon
Experienced Adventurer

Postby GreenDaemon » Wed Dec 07, 2005 6:26 am

What?! Noooooooooo! you can't just leave me hanging like that! ::Weeps::

][ Player's name = Azure ][

Chryseis Fyre
Adventurer

Postby Chryseis Fyre » Wed Dec 07, 2005 6:29 am

GreenDaemon wrote:What?! Noooooooooo! you can't just leave me hanging like that! ::Weeps::

lol On the front... I'll post it again here too ^_~

Chryseis Fyre
Adventurer

Postby Chryseis Fyre » Wed Dec 07, 2005 6:30 am

Winners!!

First place team: Alanna Sylverhaven - 48994; Seragil Shadowsong - 49361; Hayate - 48867

Second place team: ansalan - 46242; Sarducci - 49517; Hy Lee Sato - 52329

Third place team: Topaz - 39789; Brimstone - 37972; Saranf - 10719

**Team leaders are the ones listed FIRST in the group of team members. I will personally contact them for prizes. It is the TEAM LEADER'S responsibility to distribute to other members**

GreenDaemon
Experienced Adventurer

Postby GreenDaemon » Wed Dec 07, 2005 6:32 am

Congratulations, everyone!

So how did the murder actually go down?

][ Player's name = Azure ][

Chryseis Fyre
Adventurer

Postby Chryseis Fyre » Wed Dec 07, 2005 6:43 am

Aaawww..... we have to give that out too?? *bats her eyelashes*

Here's the winner's guesses in order of who won first, second, third...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, i wanted to submit our group entry for the murder mystery on behalf of our group leader, Alanna Sylverhaven, as she is having trouble getting on to DG. Here goes:

First of all we believe the murderer to be Lucy. We believe the murder happened something like this: Earlier in the day, before the death, Lucy had gotten hold of a Korunga fruit and drugged it. She had waited for Tom and Skif to leave to go into town and then proceeded to place the fruit on Skif's chair for when he returned. Skif claims she has a key to Toms chamber, which we believe she used to get inside Toms room and hide in waiting for him to return from town

When Tom and Skif arrived back she waited til Tom had his back turned to her and killed Tom with a sword wound to the back. She then waited for Skif to eat the fruit. After Skif had finished the fruit and left for the bathroom as he was feeling unwell...

Lucy escaped Toms room, however she did not have time to relock the door as she heard Stanton Dima approaching and had to make a quick escape. Stanton find the body and reports it to Alisha, and so on until everyone is aware of the incident. The End

The Team Ansalan, Sarducci, and Sato.

The story as we see it is as follows: Tom and Skif had come back from dinner at Cerbie's. Skif had found a Kurunga fruit on his chair and ate the fruit. The fruit was bad, which sent Skif to the bathroom leaving Tom for about 3 marcs.

Tom was waiting for Lucy and had wine glasses ready on his desk. Tom opened, stepped out his door, seeing no-one but Lucy , greeted her and she entered his room. The glasses of wine which were pre poured and decanting sat on the desk while Tom turned his back Lucy sat at Tom's chair while talking to him and secretly poured a small vial of poison into Tom's wine glass when she had a chance while he was talking and not paying attention.

When she agreed to stay as head rogue without a problem they toasted with the wine. Tom drank his fare share in a matter of a gulp or two. Lucy having premeditated this happening, had known of Tom's secret rogue tunnel entrance, where she kept a change of clothes and her normal carrying weapon, hidden nicely days before.

As Tom had not noticed a change in Lucy's weaponry she waited for him to succumb to the poison. As Tom twisted in extreme pain he could not utter a sound, as the stomach musculature had contracted disallowing the thorax to expand or contract. He went to his knees as Lucy unsheahted her broadsword and impaled Tom from the rear.

She knew no-one would implicate her as she doesn't carry a weapon that could do a broadswords cutting damage. Alisha's story attests to the type of cut so stated.

Alisha denies seeing Lucy in temple at all that day, but Lucy decides to still use the temple as her alibi.

Nevertheless, Lucy dropped the vial as she rushed to the door quickly scanning the hall, as she heard a sound she left the door partially opened and rushed this time to the secret door.

Lucy wiped the weapon of its blood on the back of Tom's tunic and left. She carefully closed the secret door and left out into the tunnel passageway for rogues with the appropriate papers she would need to see how Tom had managed his second set of books. Her thoughts as she was dressing were to her being leader by default as she was already 'head rogue'.

She hurried as fast as she could, gathered herself and was the last to enter from the normal hall door. She looked as surprised as she could during the commotion. Lucy watched Stormy retieve the vial off the floor and place it back on Tom's desk, as she thought there was no significance since there was only a few drops left.

Lucy showed only remorse during the incident but thought deeply about how she could set herself up with the new income, knowing she would get away with the alibi of her being in a hidden corner of the temple. Lucy didn't plan on not being seen by Alisha, nevertheless Alisha denied seeing her on multiple occassions.

The poisoned fruit drew Skif to the bathroom starting the plan to begin to take shape. The timing was perfect and she needed no support from anyone to do as is stated above. This story was carefully prepared and submitted for the MMC.

Solution will follow, from the RoK Irregulars (Topaz, Saranf, Brimstone).

Lucy did it.

Lucy was having an affair with both Tom and Stanton Dima, keeping both options open for any advantage to gain her the eventual leadership of the Guild. Neither Tom nor Stanton knew about the other. Lucy would have continued as things were, but when she learned that Stanton was planning to confront Tom about the lovers' triangle, she realized that she might lose both men (and thus her advantage).

Unknown to anyone else, she arranged a private and secret meeting with Tom. With her knowledge of poisons, she produced a korunga fruit that would incapacitate Skif for long enough for her to slip into his (open) office.

He was expecting her and had two wineglasses filled with wine, which she surreptitiously poisoned (in the bottle). He drank his; she did not (that's why one was almost empty and the other was not).

The poison killed him, and Lucy stabbed him in the back as misdirection -- the body bled, but not as much as it would have if he'd been actually killed by the sword. She threw the sword into the closet and sneaked away unseen by Skif (sick in the bathroom) or Stanton Dima (arriving shortly thereafter).

Her strategy now is to cast suspicions on all the others. She has made several statements which are contradicted by more than one of the other suspects and are clearly intended to cast suspicions on the others.

For example: she is the only one who says Tom's office was locked (and adds that only Skif has a key and that Stanton picked the lock).

She accuses Neeshtravven of repeatedly rifling Tom's belongings and says that Tom suspected Neeshtravven of taking wine from Tom's closet.

She also says that Neeshtravven said he was looking for the murder weapon in the closet, but all others say that he said he was looking for Tom's will to determine who would now be guild leader.

(Skif confirms that Tom spoke of writing a will, but it has not been found unless the murderer has it ...) The affairs with Tom *and* with Stanton are confirmed not only by Stanton but by Neeshtravven.

So - all in all - Lucy did it - by herself - no use of rogue tunnels, etc. She's a crafty rogue who slipped in and out while Skif was "preoccupied". She used a plain broadsword that anyone could have wielded so she could appaear innocent. And yes, her Alibi of praying at Temple was False. Alisha confirms this whole-heartedly.

There was no poison used, as this could not be confirmed by the people present. It was our red herring for you ^_~

Oh yes, Lucy was quite the power hungry little monster. Guild Leadership of such a prestigious guild was only a step on her ladder to world domination.

Lucy
New Adventurer

Postby Lucy » Wed Dec 07, 2005 6:49 am

*whistles innocently and RUNS out of the post before anyone can catch her*
Lucy - 42832
Valorie - 43737
Alaina Moonstone - 47099

Hayate
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Hayate » Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:10 am

Hey! Come back! We have to arrest you for our prize :wink:

superduck
I talk WAY too much

Postby superduck » Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:44 pm

Lol.......I got it totally wrong. :?

Thorin the Dainty.

As it says to the left......I talk WAY too much. ;)
And yes, I am fully aware that currently it says so to the right, rather than the left, which used to be the location for said line, but I am simply too lazy to change it for you.

Ixon Fier
Veteran

Postby Ixon Fier » Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:46 pm

Good job for the winners. =)
"Ixon collects pretty much for the joy of collecting. He's fairly straight up for a scoundrel, double dealing, profiteering rogue. ;)" - Hacken

Return to “Contest and Event Planning”