The Kindred Circle: Murder Mystery Contest

This board contains announcements, discussion and planning for in-game events.
Chryseis Fyre
Adventurer

The Kindred Circle: Murder Mystery Contest

Postby Chryseis Fyre » Sun Nov 13, 2005 8:46 pm

The Kindred Circle is pleased to announce their Next Trinaldian event. A Murder Mystery Contest.

We'll have 6 characters who are possible "suspects".

All participants have to sign up(PM me with your character number or put your character number here) to get the list of cast members/characters with a code word so that person knows to get into character. They'll have one week to meet each person and make a decision on "Whodunnit".

Basically, if you want to interview an actor - PM them with the codeword so they know you're wanting to "play" in the MMC. Then the actor knows to speak with you as their character role in the MMC.

You can collaborate as a group of 3 at most. We must know your collaborators.

* Prizes Update: 11-20-05 *

900plat to 1st group/individual winner
650plat to 2nd group/individual winner
500plat to 3rd group/individual winner

Donations welcome and will be distributed as necessary/needed. Will be discussing with donators on how best to use funds. Donations must be given before the contest begins. Donators can participate so long as they do not ask details prior to the event.

Thanks to our WONDERFUL donators!
Kaitlyn Doyle
Demelza
Enlightened Sponsors of Destiny
Lucy

** Only the actors will know the FULL story and thus CANNOT actually "play" in the contest. **

-----------------------------------------------
Rules/Guidelines for Participating:

1.) On the beginning day of the contest - everyone will be given a link to the character sheet with contact info so they can interview the Actors and figure out the storyline.

2.) If you participate in a group - it is up to YOU and your group to decide how to split the prizes. We will give the prizes to the designated "leader" of the group.

3.) If you participate in a group - you MUST give us the characters names and numbers of ALL participating.

4.) General Storyline to begin your thought process begins below.

5.) No outside help allowed besides your "group".

6.) You can interview the characters via PM or In Person - but as these are volunteer actors please try to keep it to PMs if they are busy.
Modified Note: PLEASE REMEMBER - when you give these actors that code word - they are acting IN CHARACTER as per the Murder Mystery Contest!! Do not be offended by the person or the "regular" character of this person simply because they are ACTING out a role for this event!! :) Thank you! :)

7.) To "win" you must post your theories or guesses on this forum. Do not say WHY or HOW on this forum - but PM me this In Game.

8.) First place goes to the first group or person who guesses right AND sends me the correct WHY/HOW. Or as Correct as possible considering the storylines and your assumptions/guesses.

9.) The actors get to judge your Answers of the WHY/HOW to see who is 'most' correct. This is a group decision and will be made unanimously. By participating you AGREE to abide by their decision and accept the outcome.
- The Kindred Circle is hosting this event but the decision is made by the ACTORS unanimously.

10.) Winners and their answers will be announced at the close of the game.

11.) Actors have guidelines for RPing this story/game. They are required to tell the TRUTH. They can artfully dodge your questions but cannot give an outright LIE. But - Asking them outright "Did you do it?" is NOT allowed because this ruins or defeats the purpose of the game.
Modified Rule: I mean "LIE" as in they do have a storyline and somewhat of a script to follow. They cannot deviate from the preset storylines because it was put together in a specific way to give you clues. Which means - if their storyline calls for them to have a specific relationship to the dead body they are NOT allowed to change it on their own and give you false clues. I think this is mostly what I mean - they will not give you "FALSE CLUES" that we did not preset prior to this event.

12.) Actors are ACTIVE players who are normally on DG for at least 1 - 2 hours everyday. There will NOT be a chance of missing them too often - and/or if someone comes across a time conflict - they will be replaced.
- This ensures that you can interview via PMs and that the actor will definitely respond within a day. If not - you can PM me in game to let me know.

Tentative Dates::

Last day to Sign Up:
Friday November the 25th

Contest will run from...
Monday November the 28th to Monday December the 5th (2005 of course!)

Contact Information:

Chryseis Fyre - Profile
Lucy - Profile

** Note to Admins: Please let me know if this is "not" acceptable. Otherwise we will run with it as planned. Thank you very much!!! **

Winners!:

First place team: Alanna Sylverhaven - 48994; Seragil Shadowsong - 49361; Hayate - 48867

Second place team: ansalan - 46242; Sarducci - 49517; Hy Lee Sato - 52329

Third place team: Topaz - 39789; Brimstone - 37972; Saranf - 10719

**Team leaders are the ones listed FIRST in the group of team members. I will personally contact them for prizes. It is the TEAM LEADER'S responsibility to distribute to other members**
Last edited by Chryseis Fyre on Wed Dec 07, 2005 6:13 am, edited 7 times in total.
Sketched and Colored by me. Full File

Chryseis Fyre
Adventurer

Postby Chryseis Fyre » Sun Nov 13, 2005 8:46 pm

General Storyline/History:

Tom Lock was a leader of a prestigious guild. 6 of his Officers were in the running to become the next guildleader.

He was a stubborn Rogue leader who had put off his retirement for 5 years now. He secretly promised to each one of the officers that he would place them in charge when he resigned if they would allow another year to pass so he can remain in his position.

He was also a selfish and greedy rogue who had been skimming the guild tills while in leadership, so he was not about to give it up as soon as he "said" he would. Occasionally he would slip and show off some new shiny bauble or a new weapon he acquired and decorated his rooms luxuriously. This made many of the others covetous of his position thinking that it was the position that made him so wealthy - little did they know of his crimes.

The 6 officers consisted of one relative, one bodyguard, 2 advisors, and two friends from his Initiate days.

One day, during an argument, one of the officers spills about his being promised to receive leadership once the Leader stepped down. They all realized they were promised the same thing and had to do something or this would never end. From then on they each secretly came up with a plan to become leader while removing the current leader from his position. Some involved blackmail, some involved treacherory, one involved murder....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
List of Contestants:

Individual: Enroshia - 14457

Individual: Thorin - 5739

Individual: Morris - 8302

Individual: Zarock - 12804

Individual: Gwen Drake - 41302

Individual: blu - 40316

Individual: Eragen - 53315

Team: Xanthias - 5693; Danica - 5652; Venus Darkmoon - 6354

Team: Fleur - 16790; Ixon Fier - 344; Jimmy Kitten - 13654

Team: Edenn - 7176; Cilvara Tirith - 43304; Abhorr Deathkisse - 17958

Team: Irulaine - 9925; Dagobert - 10663

Team: Sol Dreamweaver - 10731; Enora Leander - 16714; Elemire Entendil - 47214

Team: Topaz - 39789; Brimstone - 37972; Saranf - 10719

Team: Alanna Sylverhaven - 48994; Seragil Shadowsong - 49361; Hayate - 48867

Team: JKD - 245; Shannara - 15804

Team: ansalan - 46242; Sarducci - 49517; Hy Lee Sato - 52329

Team: Randolph - 31474; Demelza - 44392; Magadon - 42624
Last edited by Chryseis Fyre on Mon Nov 28, 2005 1:10 am, edited 25 times in total.

Ben
Lead Worldbuilder

Postby Ben » Sun Nov 13, 2005 9:04 pm

Awesome. =) I will throw in admin-made prizes for this one for the 1st place team. Cool, cool idea.
Ben
Grimoire Entertainment Inc.
Click HERE to contact Ben or another Admin. Actually, don't contact Ben, he's somewhat pretty much retired.

Chryseis Fyre
Adventurer

Postby Chryseis Fyre » Sun Nov 13, 2005 9:17 pm

Ben wrote:Awesome. =) I will throw in admin-made prizes for this one for the 1st place team. Cool, cool idea.

*is speechless and sputters* Thank you!! ^_^ Admin-made prizes are going to be SO cool!! ^_^ Yaay!

*skips off, bouncing around happily*

Ben
Lead Worldbuilder

Postby Ben » Sun Nov 13, 2005 9:39 pm

Nothing big. I'm picturing limited edition "Mystery Monocle"s, so people can look all awesome and sleuthy. Or maybe a special cloak, like a "Detective Cloak."

Just so nobody gets to excited with dreams of uber weapons or something....
Ben
Click HERE to contact Ben or another Admin. Actually, don't contact Ben, he's somewhat pretty much retired.

Ixon Fier
Veteran

Postby Ixon Fier » Sun Nov 13, 2005 9:41 pm

*gets all excited and dreams of Mystery Monocles and Detective Cloaks*
"Ixon collects pretty much for the joy of collecting. He's fairly straight up for a scoundrel, double dealing, profiteering rogue. ;)" - Hacken

Chryseis Fyre
Adventurer

Postby Chryseis Fyre » Sun Nov 13, 2005 9:46 pm

Ben wrote:Nothing big. I'm picturing limited edition "Mystery Monocle"s, so people can look all awesome and sleuthy. Or maybe a special cloak, like a "Detective Cloak."

Just so nobody gets to excited with dreams of uber weapons or something....

They could've been limited edition lollipops and I still would think it's neat ^_~ Heh.... admin-made items are always so unique and rare - just a nice touch and... well... Awesome!! ^_^

jimmykitten
Veteran

Postby jimmykitten » Sun Nov 13, 2005 9:55 pm

sounds fun. i'd like to participate even though i'm not v. bright :<

mysteries are haaaard.

c id : 13654

Ben
Lead Worldbuilder

Postby Ben » Sun Nov 13, 2005 9:58 pm

I will not be participating. Unfortunately, since I am a god, I already know who did it and why. =(
Ben

Xanthias
I talk WAY too much

Postby Xanthias » Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:53 pm

I would like to participate as a contestant.

Xanthias: 5693

superduck
I talk WAY too much

Postby superduck » Sun Nov 13, 2005 11:17 pm

I'd like to participate too.

Thorin: 5739

Thorin the Dainty.

As it says to the left......I talk WAY too much. ;)
And yes, I am fully aware that currently it says so to the right, rather than the left, which used to be the location for said line, but I am simply too lazy to change it for you.

Fleur
Veteran

Postby Fleur » Sun Nov 13, 2005 11:42 pm

ooooooo. :D
Me too.
What a fantastic idea!
~ Fleur (16790)

Venus Darkmoon
Veteran

Postby Venus Darkmoon » Mon Nov 14, 2005 12:17 am

Venus Darkmoon 6354

Sounds a pretty cool idea ;)

Morris
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Morris » Mon Nov 14, 2005 1:31 am

*grins* this sounds like fun coun't me in

Morris 8302

Ixon Fier
Veteran

Postby Ixon Fier » Mon Nov 14, 2005 1:55 pm

But of course.

Ixon Fier 344

You can probably guess who I will be working with... :roll:
"Ixon collects pretty much for the joy of collecting. He's fairly straight up for a scoundrel, double dealing, profiteering rogue. ;)" - Hacken

superduck
I talk WAY too much

Postby superduck » Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:52 pm

Ixon Fier wrote:But of course.

Ixon Fier 344

You can probably guess who I will be working with... :roll:

A secret pact with Chryseis and Zesty 8O

Thorin the Dainty.

As it says to the left......I talk WAY too much. ;)
And yes, I am fully aware that currently it says so to the right, rather than the left, which used to be the location for said line, but I am simply too lazy to change it for you.

Xanthias
I talk WAY too much

Postby Xanthias » Mon Nov 14, 2005 6:15 pm

Xanthias, Danica (5652), and Venus as a team.

Fon
Veteran

Postby Fon » Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:18 am

(42308) I'd like to participate
Once, I typed 'teh' to be ironic. But, I screwed up typing and it came out 'the'

# 42308

Edenn
Adventurer

Postby Edenn » Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:37 am

Edenn- 7176, & Cilvara Tirith- 43304 & Abhorr Deathkisse- 17958
Most helpful guild around: http://esd.dgplayers.net/phpbb
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Mal: Do you want to run this ship?
Jayne: Yes!
Mal: Well.. ya can't...

dagobert
Experienced Adventurer

Postby dagobert » Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:34 pm

Irulaine - 9925 and Dagobert - 10663
Image Image
The only way for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing.

Return to “Contest and Event Planning”