The TRL

This board contains announcements, discussion and planning for in-game events.
Korrith
Social Leech

The TRL

Postby Korrith » Sat Nov 12, 2005 5:03 pm

Some of you have probably heard of it already, but this thread is everything about it. I will update it as things progress, with dates of racing meets, and everything else. I hope you like what we've got planned.

This is the TRL, what we hope will become the future of Trinaldian Sport. The racing meets will hopefully be a lot of fun, with commentaries, aswell as alternative entertainment. Most importantly, TRL offers new options and possibilities for ROLEPLAY. In the same way that in todays world, most people support sports teams, you can now roleplay supporting a sports team in Trinald. Some teams will have differant things to offer, fanclubs, oppertunies to become a team mascot. And of course, we're giving you the oppertunity to become a TRL racer. Something a little like celebrity status, though not too much. We're happy to talk about any concerns you may have, pertaining to the races and their presence in Trinald, but I dont think it will have a negative effect, or even disrupt things TOO much. It gently encourages nobility (as this gives advantages in races) and long term roleplaying (In the same way being part of a guild does. You're part of a long term team if you're a racer.

THE RACING:
For those that dont know, this humble sport of team checkpoint racing started at the FOLLOW's fall festival picnic. Teams of four had to race to a checkpoint. And only when all of their team was there did they get told the next checkpoint. They could use any means to get there, including asking anyone else they met for help, and any forms of travel. This ensured that everyone had a chance of completing the course and meant that there was considerable room for strategy.

This is the evolved version. Things are a bit differant.

In the races, its 4 points for a win, 3 for second, 2 for third, and 1 for last.

THE TEAMS
There will be, four teams in the league! We think we currently have 3 (3 of the four teams that raced at the FOLLOW picnic, with a couple of small variations).

Look out for a Frequent FOLLOW issue coming out soon with info on all the teams from the picnic, which includes the three coming back for more. :wink:

To get our fourth team, we will be holding an "Audition" of sorts. More on this later.

The teams currently have four people. But they will be aqquiring two more each to make 6 before the first race of the season. This time, you have 6 people on a team. Only 4 race at a time. This way you can subsititute, fill spaces if someone doesnt show, etc.

In each team there will be a maximum of TWO of each proffession. That way you cant have a team of enchanters. This will be policed by TRABETS. (More on this later in the post)

We're going to have a TRL forum, in which each team gets its own stickied thread. For updates on their team, to us, and the fans. Also for general team discussion and posting the stats on (Such as, best postion in race, current league standing, etc.)

THE TRANSFER MARKET:
But how do new people get into this?
A new TRANSFER MARKET. Team leaders will be able to put people from their team up on the market for an amount of money. Im sure they'll talk to their racer first though, to see if they're Ok with moving. Other teams can buy people from the transfer market. But in doing so must give up one person from their team. (6 people per team) Of course at first the teams with only four will be able to buy two without giving up one of their current players.

The players who get given up then go on the transfer market.

If you dont belong to a team already, can you get on the transfer market?
Yes. You can. This is how we'll introduce new racers. There will be an application process, and if we think you wont unbalance the races too much, we will put you on the transfer market for however much we think you're worth. That reminds me. Teams put people on the trasnfer market at a price they think is relative to how good they are. Things like their level or proffession could affect this price. However, to stop things escalating out of control, you CANNOT put a racer on the transfer market for more than 1000 plat.

Of course, teams can pull together to raise enough plat to buy the player they want.

Transfer window is always open.

We will have certain requirements for NEW racers.
New racers must be noble.
New racers must be between the levels 10 - 48. If you are outside these levels, we plan to make a "Little league" for the under tens and a "Super league" for the 48's and over. The reason for this is so the little guys arent out of their depth, and the 48's and over might have blue spells, and asuch would be an unfair disadvantage unless we only pit them against teams of their level.
You have to be a character! We want audiences and crowds having favourite teams and racers! Have a personality!

THE COURSES:
Thanks to there being 6 in a team, but you only need four, Team Leaders can make decisions, based on the name and clue of the course, with the actual courses remaining secret until race day.

There will be 6 races in a season, with one special after season race. Possibly one race a month, or maybe one a fortnight, we havnt decided yet. Times will vary to make sure people from differant timezones get a chance.. Its up to the teams themselves to see who can make it on that day, and formulate their team accordingly.

Some people have called for the banning of golden age scrolls in these events. I do not think that is necessary. The courses are secret until you actually do them, and not all checkpoints will be in main town areas in some races.

Here are the courses, and their clues. Dates and times will come soon for all of these. These are in order of how they will happen though.

The Water Course (Starting from the FOLLOW guild hall): "Going with the flow. Water is chaotic and unpredictable. The coast, and ferries. Water can go ANYWHERE..."

The Metal Course (Starting from the SS memorial Athletic ground): "Test YOUR metal. Blades will meet on this fairly set track"

The Lightning course (Starting from the FOLLOW guild hall): "Over in a flash. A lot of energy required though."

The Air course (Starting from the athletic ground): "As spoken knowledge floats in the air... Lets hope you've caught enough of it"

The Rock course (Starting at the FOLLOW guild hall): "Rocks are tough, but you're tougher."

The Fire course (Starting at the athletic ground): "What starts with the spark, ends with the bang"

And after the season:
THE GAUNTLET: "The masters, and the creators"

TRABETS:
Trinaldian Racing Association's Bureau of Enlightenment, Transfers, and Stuff.
Lead by Ghus Yorf, these guys police the transfer market and make sure everyone is playing by the rules.

Breaking rules results in loss of league points/ banning from next race.

AT EACH RACING MEET:
At the events there will be commentaries, play by plays of the races, the latest race gossip. But of course, all this isnt enough. At each event there will be some other form of entertainment.

We'll cover the entertainment at "THE GAUNTLET".
But for the other 6 races... This is open.

At each racing meet, we will have one, maybe two or even three if we're over subscribed, people ( or groups) able to perform. You book this in advance, via us, if you would like "a gig". It gives people a place to share anything they want to share. Poetry, stories, plays, songs, dances, comedy routines, artwork, or if someone simply wants the chance to go up on stage and confess his love for a woman he hasnt admitted it to before... Wants to thank someone, remember someone, anything. This is how. There'll be a forum thread about booking your slot sometime in the future.

And I think I've covered everything... If I've missed anything, point it out. Everyone is more than welcome to ask questions. We encourage it, infact.

Apart from that...

LETS GET READY TO RUN!-ble!!!! :)

- Korrith. Leader of the FOLLOW and creator of the TRL.

Korrith
Social Leech

Postby Korrith » Sat Nov 12, 2005 6:03 pm

Oh, the thing I forgot to add, there will also be official betting, so you can bet on your favourite teams. This will be run by Tyros Drakil. :)

Ben
Lead Worldbuilder

Postby Ben » Sat Nov 12, 2005 6:08 pm

I hate TRL. I hate MTV. I hate you Carson Daly.
Ben
Grimoire Entertainment Inc.
Click HERE to contact Ben or another Admin. Actually, don't contact Ben, he's somewhat pretty much retired.

Fon
Veteran

Postby Fon » Sat Nov 12, 2005 7:40 pm

Heh, amen. :wink:
Once, I typed 'teh' to be ironic. But, I screwed up typing and it came out 'the'

# 42308

Korrith
Social Leech

Postby Korrith » Sat Nov 12, 2005 7:43 pm

I didnt mean Total Request Live...

:lol:

Korrith
Social Leech

Postby Korrith » Sun Nov 13, 2005 6:44 pm

Hm. No comments, or questions? :cry: I wanted to answer some... lol.

Well. As long as anyone doesnt have any serious concerns. :)

Chryseis Fyre
Adventurer

Postby Chryseis Fyre » Sun Nov 13, 2005 8:37 pm

*cheers* Dates Dates!!

The Kindreds are determined to keep their title as reigning champions!! ^_~
Sketched and Colored by me. Full File

Korrith
Social Leech

Postby Korrith » Sun Nov 13, 2005 9:05 pm

Well. As things go, we first need Team Pocket Beasts (Xanthias' team) to complete their teamsheet. Then we need Shawnie also to submit his teamsheet.

Then we'll open the transfer market, and start the auditions for the new team.

No exact dates yet, but we're probably looking at december for the first racing meet. Probably weekends will be when they're held.

- Korrith.

waterfall
New Adventurer

Postby waterfall » Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:08 pm

So it sounds like you need a good half of Valorn for this :P

Korrith
Social Leech

Postby Korrith » Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:18 pm

Well... We're hoping people will be interested. We're putting a lot of work in...

Morris
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Morris » Mon Nov 14, 2005 1:39 am

Korrith send some details my way sounds like fun

Korrith
Social Leech

Re: The TRL

Postby Korrith » Mon Nov 14, 2005 7:40 am

Korrith wrote:We will have certain requirements for NEW racers.
New racers must be noble.
New racers must be between the levels 10 - 48. If you are outside these levels, we plan to make a "Little league" for the under tens and a "Super league" for the 48's and over. The reason for this is so the little guys arent out of their depth, and the 48's and over might have blue spells, and asuch would be an unfair disadvantage unless we only pit them against teams of their level.
You have to be a character! We want audiences and crowds having favourite teams and racers! Have a personality!

What level are you again, Morris? If you really do want to race, and there's more people like you, we could end up starting the super league and little league's this season. Before we were just planning on starting them for season 2, rather than this "pilot" season...

Or if you just meant you wanted to be a supporter, who attends regular racing meets, then this thread will probably be the one to contain the dates and times as we set them. You would probably be able to attend a fair few cos you're in GMT like me, so if I can attend (Which I pretty much have to) then you should be able to. :lol:

Korrith
Social Leech

Postby Korrith » Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:13 pm

The TRL now has its own section of the FOLLOW forums.

Check it out to talk TRL!

http://follow.dgplayers.net/forums/inde ... owforum=14

Lots of threads to sink your teeth into, including first word on the auditions, and gauging interest in the super league and little league.

First word on dates will hopefully come fairly soon. :)

imrik
New Adventurer

Postby imrik » Fri Nov 18, 2005 2:46 am

do you have anyone to commentate??? cause if you dont could i take a shot???

Korrith
Social Leech

Postby Korrith » Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:41 am

One of our guild members would be doing commentating, probably me in most cases. Its like this because guild members man the checkpoints, and can tell me whats going on via Guild chat so I can commentate, rather than waiting for PM's and the like.

However, as just the checkpoints wont cover everything that happens in the race, we may be hiring some "Roaming reporters", who basically run around Valorn during the race and report via PM anything interesting thats happened during the race.

Korrith
Social Leech

Postby Korrith » Mon Nov 28, 2005 6:44 pm

Auditions for new race team leaders are ONGOING. There is still time to audition to lead your own team, if you think you got what it takes.. see this:

http://follow.dgplayers.net/forums/inde ... wtopic=208

Korrith
Social Leech

Postby Korrith » Mon Dec 05, 2005 6:35 pm

The transfer market is now OPEN.

If you want to be a racer, you need to read

THIS:

http://follow.dgplayers.net/forums/inde ... wtopic=236

Return to “Contest and Event Planning”