The FOLLOW's second public event! Fall Festival Picnic.

This board contains announcements, discussion and planning for in-game events.
Korrith
Social Leech

The FOLLOW's second public event! Fall Festival Picnic.

Postby Korrith » Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:50 pm

After the sucess of the first FOLLOW event, in which many people displayed talents, I am here to tell you about our next event, coming soon to an "Our guild hall" near you!

We're hoping to host it mid fall festival, and it shall be something a little differant from our last event.

The new event is a picnic, in a public area of our guild hall! There will be food and drink, as with last time, and there will also be some more talents on display.

So what's new? This time we have a range of GAMES and competitions on offer (which must remain secret until the actual day, or people could get in preparations to give them unfair advantages)

There will be games which require individual entrants, and games in which teams of four are required, you're free to team up with anyone you want.

Currently the prize pool (yes, there will be prizes) consists only of plat, which we are all raising. Other prizes may be introduced. Possibly some admin created ones? But we're not sure yet, I'll keep this thread updated.

This thread is basically to make sure we get word out early, so you guys can get excited, and possibly think about teams for the team games.

With regards to time, we were wary of how we alienated some GMTers last time (Im in GMT myself, and I broke several toothpicks whilst using them to keep my eyes open) so this time it will probrably be a more acceptable GMT time (especially since I am back at school now).

With the last event, I had to turn a lot of people down who wanted to help out, but there is plenty of room for helpers who dont want to participate in the games and just want to be helpers. And we'll be needing some people to live up to the legendary wenching standards of Garran, Mylor, Kisia and me set last time! :wink:

More to come soon.

- Korrith.

Korrith
Social Leech

Postby Korrith » Fri Sep 16, 2005 10:08 am

With the postponage of the Fall festival to a month later, this event too, is postponed.

Its a fair way off now, So I'll let this thread die for now, and I'll post in it again to bring it back up closer to the time. :)

Korrith
Social Leech

Postby Korrith » Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:59 pm

To keep you all updated, there will be four games/competitions on the night, with plenty of plat to be won (The current total stands at 2100P).

Like last time there will be free food and drink, and entertainment too. Hopefully an oppertunity for some good roleplaying as well as a good time and prizes to be won.

The games will test your speed and agility, luck and fortune, guessing skills and tact, and.. More luck.

Korrith
Social Leech

Postby Korrith » Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:40 pm

The prize fund has now reached 4000 plat. With four events, there is something for everyone, and 1000 plat to win on each event.

Korrith
Social Leech

Postby Korrith » Sun Oct 09, 2005 7:40 pm

The prize fund has now reached 5200 plat!

Korrith
Social Leech

Postby Korrith » Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:16 pm

The prize fund has now reached, 7300 plat! If i've calculated correctly, thats 1825 plat in prizes, per event!

The date we're aiming for this to be, is probably November 1st or November the 2nd. If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask me.

Korrith
Social Leech

Postby Korrith » Thu Oct 27, 2005 5:55 pm

With the prize fund now set at 7600 plat, and four events in place (thats 1900p in prizes per event), the FOLLOW's second public event, is due to happen this Sunday, at 9 PM GMT, which is 3pm CST, 1pm PST and 4pm EST I think.

This will take place in the guild hall of the FOLLOW guild. For those that dont know, its the west plot of Laleldan Square... Opposite the Valornian Vanguard, and next door to the RoK guild hall. For those that dont know where those are, Laleldan Square is near the Kings Castle, Caer Laleldan! Just head along the road towards it then heard north just before the gates.

There will be, amongst the festivities:
Performances of song, stories, etc.
The chance to perform your OWN creations (But no prizes for this, lest we enter the OON's territory :wink: )
GAMES! Four games to test your cunning, luck, skill at making educated guesses, agility and teamwork. With prizes!
Free food and drink
A generally big gathering (hopefully).

What might be nice... Is if people could register interest in the event by replying to this? Might give us an idea about how much food and drink we need to supply, and wether we should give all the plat to one grand winner person for each event, or have 1st 2nd and 3rd place prizes if lots and lots of people are going to come.

Xanthias
I talk WAY too much

Postby Xanthias » Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:27 pm

I'm very much interested.

I might be a little late, as I usually get out of work at 4PM EST, but not horribly late. Either way, I'll participate in the games, and perhaps bring a thing or two to share story/artistic prose.

Korrith
Social Leech

Postby Korrith » Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:52 pm

If its anything like our last event it should go on for a while, but we will be trying to keep it a bit shorter than last time. Off the top of my head... I'd say it might last... an hour and a half. Or maybe coming up on two hours.

Topaz
I talk WAY too much

Postby Topaz » Fri Oct 28, 2005 4:20 am

I will try to be there and to perform if there is an appropriate venue.

Topaz

Korrith
Social Leech

Postby Korrith » Sat Oct 29, 2005 8:11 pm

The event is tommorow! We'd like to see a big turnout. We've all put a lot of effort into the event and it has taken us over a month of hard constant preparation. All culminating tommorow. *gulp*

We'd also like to remind people that the clocks go back tommorow. At least they do in Britain. I think it applies everywhere else too. Just to make sure you have the right time, check your clocks!

micaya
Experienced Adventurer

Postby micaya » Sun Oct 30, 2005 5:33 am

doesn't apply in Hawaii....

:D

cuz its sunny all year round

Korrith
Social Leech

Postby Korrith » Mon Oct 31, 2005 6:45 am

Thanks to everyone that came!

We're all going to work on a big next issue of the Frequent FOLLOW with all the news from our event, a fall festival picnic special.

I hope you all had fun. :)

Return to “Contest and Event Planning”