ESD's valorn general knowledge challenge

This board contains announcements, discussion and planning for in-game events.
thor darkwolfe
New Adventurer

Postby thor darkwolfe » Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:25 am

lol korrith, as you said its a fine line about the constables, so I think the best way is to mention them in contest chat rather than in a question format

along the lines, of I better behave myself cos the lawkeepers of the gods ( constables ) may be watching me lol ( the brackets is just to let people know who i am refering to...lol

I wanted to draw attention to the fact that we do have *mods* in game, so people ( newbies) do know what is going on when they get warned, but i wanna try and keep it IC, so * lawkeepers of the gods * is really the best way I am think of to refer to them

ShadowHunter
Social Leech

Postby ShadowHunter » Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:28 am

that the same one that posted the notice in Dundee Inn about the skeletons that one time?
When your wife or girlfriend or husband or boyfriend is ticking you off, you don't go and delete yourself or whatnot. *shrug* - Ben

Korrith
Social Leech

Postby Korrith » Tue Sep 13, 2005 2:36 pm

I think Thor, its fine to acknowledge that there are constables, if you word it right... What I was saying is, you probrably shouldnt name names, as the people who are constables, dont roleplay as being such.

And yes, Zanaan. Thats the one I was talking about. :wink:

thor darkwolfe
New Adventurer

Postby thor darkwolfe » Thu Sep 15, 2005 6:22 am

lol ok as a update, i am into the last level now, lol 20% 20 hours to go, I am exhausted OCC, mental fatique yadda yadda

ok, I am farming as I go, lol and collecting the info for the questions, lol and decided to use a a/b/c/d true/ false format, lol
it allows the people to basically be handed the answers, cos as i have stated, this contest is about having fun and getting free plat lol

questions will be like this format,
Q) who is the most gorgeous male cleric in valorn ????
A ) thor greywolfe the insane
b ) thor greywolfe the generous
c ) thor greywolfe the handsome
d ) thor greywolfe the LOL king

and

thor greywolfe is known for killing 500 monsters a hour and LOLing 10000 times a hour... true or false

Fon
Veteran

Postby Fon » Thu Sep 15, 2005 12:34 pm

um, out of character is OOC....

and for the true or false question, false. You do kill that much, but you lol 100000
Once, I typed 'teh' to be ironic. But, I screwed up typing and it came out 'the'

# 42308

thor darkwolfe
New Adventurer

Postby thor darkwolfe » Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:00 pm

shows how exhausted i am lol I have 25 % to go, 3 hours to get it, lol and averaging 12% a hour lol

2 days to go and i am taking 24 hours away from the computer to sleep, lol

thor darkwolfe
New Adventurer

Postby thor darkwolfe » Sun Sep 18, 2005 4:00 am

lol I took 24 hours out from DG ( to get some sleep ) lol

and much to my horror and dismay, I realised that running a general knowledge contest, is not such a brillant idea :oops:

the reasons are simple, DG is based around player interaction, and talking and running that kind of contest would create a one sided contest, and also create a situation where it goes against the reason for having mentors and the wisdom of players that share their knowledge in valorn

but i wanna celebrate a few things in valorn that i and others have achieved lol, and i am curious about my fellow valornians, lol

so, lol instead of a general knowledge contest, I am instead gonna pay people to share their stories with us...in game
how does 100 plat per story, shared with people in the dundee inn, sound instead
I love rp'ing and love seeing how others RP, so this is the perfect chance to have both interests covered

and this way it doesn't unbalance valorn in any way

and as a bonus, lol I have a cory imprinted shield to give away to the one story that is judged by my fellow valornians, as the best story to be told
( i am exempt from judging and my opinion and reactions do not count towards the final story, judged as the best rping )
simply, I will start a thread about 5 days before the contest ( i will be away for a week OOC.... thor is going to explore all of valorn IC )
and will pay 100 plat to each person that shares their char story in the inn,
with the best rp'ed story winning the shield as chosen by their fellow valornians

JKD
I talk WAY too much

Postby JKD » Sun Sep 18, 2005 4:13 am

A good idea! For story, do you mean similar to a character bio or any event that has happened to the character?
http://www.remnantsofkimald.org/forums/index.php
My signature pic takes you to the Guild site. The link takes you to the Guild Forums.

RoK on!

thor darkwolfe
New Adventurer

Postby thor darkwolfe » Sun Sep 18, 2005 4:50 am

i'm open lol

lol I have to admit a curiousity about the RoK accomplishments, and also about your shield and sword, lol

( i have read about them in forums OOC ) but never heard you talk about how you came to gain them IC lol

and I do admit to a curiousity about fellow valorians, lol reading profiles is easy, but hearing the tales in IC chat is something that can be incredible when RP'ed

Fon
Veteran

Postby Fon » Sun Sep 18, 2005 12:37 pm

Oooo *begins gathering his months of story-line for fondour*

Once, I typed 'teh' to be ironic. But, I screwed up typing and it came out 'the'

# 42308

thor darkwolfe
New Adventurer

Postby thor darkwolfe » Mon Sep 19, 2005 6:54 am

I had the honour of hearing korrith share a tale about the mire hag and the giant viper

if that is the level of RP'ed story telling that I am gonna be paying 100 plat for, then 100 plat is too low

the tale was well written, superbly delievered and a absolute top class performance

and JK got my attention with the origins of the OON, lol

ok the weekend is gonna be the first weekend in oct, I can now fully confirm that

Irulaine
New Adventurer

Postby Irulaine » Mon Sep 19, 2005 11:28 am

"Most gorgeous male cleric in Valorn" - hardly a very high honour when you consider it's CLERICS we're talking about - YEAUCH!!!!!

*tee hee*

Korrith
Social Leech

Postby Korrith » Mon Sep 19, 2005 3:59 pm

Heh, Thanks for the compliment on the story Thor. If I can make it to you're storytelling meet, I think maybe its about time I told more than just a few select people about Korrith's past... :)

thor darkwolfe
New Adventurer

Postby thor darkwolfe » Tue Sep 20, 2005 4:05 am

lol irulaine.... ok i need a shave and maybe a mutant manthing tooth comb thru my hair but..... :lol: :roll:

lol yeah korrith, it was a amazing story, lol

in fact I would love to see the stories that all share, posted in a site for everybody to read, but time is against me ( i am away tomorrow for a week )
but its definately the first weekend in august ( minimun two days and as long it is not conflicting with anybody elses events, contests or admin events ) i may be able to throw in a few more days )

I will post the full details once i get back again ( 28th of sept I beleive, cos 35th b'day is on the 29th )

Fostian Jor
New Adventurer

Postby Fostian Jor » Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:14 am

I think I figured it out (please take no offense, my friend Thor!) But I don't recall seeing a single period in any of his posts - and where one should be - lol.

(ie)

What do you think LOL its sounds pretty good to me LOL we should try that LOL

No,seriously I am looking forward to this, and all that you do Thor. You have helped me much, and I often wondered how you ever managed to help anyone with all of the other things you are constantly doing!

Return to “Contest and Event Planning”