20 in 20 #13

This board contains announcements, discussion and planning for in-game events.
Kailani of Admin
'Rifterian

20 in 20 #13

Postby Kailani of Admin » Sun Mar 03, 2024 4:18 pm

Illustrate the Seven Power Streams

The gods work within seven power streams that are designated colors (see the arbor in Milltown).
Create an independent illustration of how *you* view the gods power streams.

Illustration can be through any medium, including written explanation or description, along with actual illustrations - created from scratch or AI assisted media.

Submissions can be posted below (along with any questions).

This contest will run for 30 days from now.

K.

Turcko
Veteran

Re: 20 in 20 #13

Postby Turcko » Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:06 pm

A recently discovered mural was unearthed by explorers of the Historical Society of Valorn. It displays an unauthored rendition of the Schism that set some dwellers of Sunrifter against each other and the sides they took.
Each stream of power is given humanoid shape in their respective bas-relief.

On the center, to the left , stands a figure cloaked in swirling crimson flames. Her eyes blaze with creative energy, symbolizing the fiery birth of existence.

Right to her side left, a figure crackles with electric power, their blue form reminiscent of a powerful bolt of lightning. A goatee beard adds a touch of wisdom and experience.

Further up, still to the left, a majestic figure, draped in shimmering purple. She embodies the duality of artistic beauty and fierce warfare.

Looking down from the purple and blue deities, a being wreathed in vibrant green foliage embodies the power of nature. A long, flowing beard adds to his air of wisdom and connection to the earth.

Center stage, but now to the right half of the mural, a figure bathed in warm orange light represents knowledge and perfection. Their serene expression hints at the vast understanding they possess.

To his right, a figure shimmers with a cool, silvery light, the embodiment of water and constant change.

Finally, the eyes linger to the far right, where stands a cloaked figure shrouded in obsidian black. Their presence evokes the mysteries of time and the inevitability of death.

Turcko, Falx Monde, Ivan Monde, Argoth

Topaz
I talk WAY too much

Postby Topaz » Mon Apr 01, 2024 1:19 am

RED
The glowing red from far Sunrifter came,
all burning bright within a holy hall,
as red as mortal blood, as red as flame,
or rare mirandine blossoms, scarlet, small
as sparks of fire beside a temple wall.
Red skies at night a peaceful rest declare;
at morning bid the sailors all beware.

BLUE
Behold the sky. Behold the shining sea,
now deep, now bright, but always cloudless blue,
as streams and rivers mirror endlessly
the sky's reflection, sapphire, turquoise, true
as azure (precious name), forever new.
Within that mighty vault the eagles fly
as out of sight they rise. Behold the sky.

GREEN
In every forest, green. However dark,
innumerable leaves and moss and grass
speak words of green. A brilliant emerald spark
reflects both light and water as they pass.
Or pale as jade, or ocean-tinted glass,
whose deep mysterious sources none have seen.
The very air will sing and breathe of green.

PURPLE
A rich and royal color, blossoming
where iris and where hyacinths arise,
and Trinald's robe of violets in spring --
some say, the color of Kailani's eyes.
And amethysts, a treasure-seeker's prize,
and summer plums, and autumn grapes, and wine --
with such delights so purple shows its sign.

ORANGE
Orange, and burning like a cursed coal
that threatens forest fires -- an evil name
that, hidden now, once threatened mind and soul
like acrid smoke that hides an ominous flame --
Miranda's enemy and Valorn's shame.
Though dimmer now, it once again may dare
regain its orange power: so beware.

ARGENT
Cold snow and colder ice along a shore,
with silver figures shrouded in the wind,
that knock, but are not answered, at the door;
the wind blows on and on, and does not end,
a weapon that no armor can defend --
sharp as a knife, a deadly silver blade
wielded by ghost-assassins. Be afraid.

CARBON
There is no light where darkness holds its throne.
No light, no lantern, no enchanter's gleam
or cleric's glow, but darkness all alone,
and in that darkness no one hears you scream.
Sunrifter sends out no remotest beam,
no star or moon, no faintest godly spark
to pierce the jet-black, all-enclosing dark.

Ary
New Adventurer

Postby Ary » Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:28 pm

Ary sits on a chair at the Dundee Inn, strumming her zither softly as she smiles at those gathered around her to listen to her tale.

"Allow me to tell you of a tale that I rcently learned of from a small child that calls Fartown home. She said that it is one that has been passed down among her family for generations and she has given me permission to share it with all of you. It has had a few different names and changed a bit over time, but this was how it was told to me. It is called The God's Rainbow, and it details how the Gods Above got their colors."

She take a moment to settle herself and breath, then she begins to speak in a light, sing-song style of voice, letting the words flow as the music accompanies them.

"High up in the sky, Sun Rifter did shine its light down upon Valorn. It was quite the sight to behold, as the Gods and people rose each morn."

"The vibrancy of the colors were splendid for all to see, easy on the eyes. Shades of all the hues shone bright within the land, sea and skies."

"Each day, it was said, the Gods from Sun Rifter would descend. Each one, admiring the iridescense that blanketed Valorn until the days end."

"As darkness would fall upon the lands and shadows grew long, the Gods would gather at their secret place, and amuse each other with tales and a song."

"It is said that this place, where only the Gods may roam, could be found somewhere among the mountains of Valorn, the Gods second home."

"Each of the Seven had their place, a chosen spot that was preferred. It was peaceful, surrounded by bird song and the wind did carry their divine word."

"They would discuss all they had seen and beheld that day. A person, a place, an item, a tale, they would each have their say."

"As bold as the red of Sun Rifter's rays, burning scarlet on the horizon. Blossoms of vermillion that dot the land, these are the ones I shall siphon"

"And at this declaration, did the Goddess shine, resplendant in red glow. Robes of flame, to both burn and nurture, like a fine wine, off her it did flow."

"Calm to tulmultous I can be, as the seas and the skies. From the cobolt of the midnight stars to the cyan of the waves, this shall be the one reflected in my eyes."

"And with those words spoken, the God was draped in a waterfall of blue. Washing off him,
shining jewels of lapis and sapphire, their robes shine through."

"Verdent forests and moss covered rock is what drew my eye. Crops of basil, sage and mint to enhance one's palatte, this will be mine, so say I"

"And this proclaimation did prosper, clutched in the green of life. Their robes surround them, like seaweed it clung, with so much was it rife."

"Decadent is what I am, like a glass of fine wine. Fields of lavender, lilacs and orchids. Delicious pomegranates and plums, all of these are mine."

"And with this declared, the Goddess rose in all her splendor. Violet rivers spilled off her shoulders, robes of tyrion for this royal defender."

"Orange flames of the forges, bronze to temper their metal. Honey to sweeten their tea and the amber of their grain, for this I will settle."

"And so it was emblazoned upon his soul, the God was coated in quartz. Hard as the clay beneath him, he sat in carnelian robes, he now held his courts."

"The grey of the rocks and the silver of the swords people wield. The leaden clouds of a rainy day and the smoke from chimneys. This one I shall shield."

"And so it was spoken, so it shall be, as argent strings enshroud. Robes of platinum strands now worn, they stand with arms crossed, proud."

"Shadows of deepest dark, where secrets go to rest. Ebony nights to sit and contemplate. Gems of sable, onyx and obsidian, these are my blessed."

"And so it was affirmed, feathered robes grew, of raven and crow. Carbon robes now flowed about their form, bringing tides of strife and woe."

"And now their words were spoken, so godly and divine. It was time to go. People watched in wonder, staring up at the sky, as the colors did twine."

"Streaks of light shone high up but for a moment, and so they were led. Carbon and Argent, then Orange and Green, with Violet and Blue, at the top was Red."

"The God's Rainbow! The people watched in awe, full of cheer. For they knew they had beheld a rare sight indeed. The God's Rainbow that all held dear."

Her words slowly drifted off, whispered into the ears of those gathered to listen to the tale she wove for them. The notes of her zither faded away, lingering long enough to tickle all the ears that heard.

"And that my friends, is the tale of the day, that the God's Rainbow was formed. I hope you enjoyed my story, one and all."

And with that, she bowed her head to all, then slipped off her chair. Into the shadows she stepped, gone with a playful wink.
Alanna "Remember, everything around you can be a weapon. Even another Adventurer"
Aryana "The Shadows are my home. It's where I keep my hidden stash of Candy Balls....Oh Shiny!"

Kailani of Admin
'Rifterian

Postby Kailani of Admin » Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:24 pm

This contest ends at midnight Pacific Time.

Thank you for all that have entered!

K.

Return to “Contest and Event Planning”