20 in 20 #10

This board contains announcements, discussion and planning for in-game events.
Kailani of Admin
'Rifterian

20 in 20 #10

Postby Kailani of Admin » Sun Mar 03, 2024 3:40 pm

Build a collection - for a purpose.

What does your character collect and for what purpose?

Build the actual collection, through RP and or actual items in game and explain how the collection was started, maintained and what the ultimate purpose is - do make something (like collecting string to make an item of clothing or collecting stones to repair a structure) or to show off (like a coin or gem collection).

Be as creative as you like. The items must actually exist in game, but you do not have to carry them around.

The prizes will be related to the collection and purpose.
This contest will run for 30 days from now.

K.

Alfred Elpin
Adventurer

Re: 20 in 20 #10

Postby Alfred Elpin » Wed Mar 06, 2024 2:31 am

"The items must actually exist in game."

Does this mean that it must be an actual numbered item that is able to be placed in inventory?

For example, if Alf collects, through RP, mint sprigs and seeds that wouldn't count because those aren't actual numbered items.

But if he collected "sweetly scented seeds", a numbered item, that would work?

Does this inquiry make sense? I'm confusing myself.
Warrior by the hand of Topaz, mint farmer by birth.

Lavender
Social Leech

Postby Lavender » Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:30 pm

I use to collect rings and pretend that the merchants used them to make ringmail armor! :mrgreen:
Lavender
Kindness is more important than wisdom, and the recognition of this
is the beginning of wisdom. –Theodore Issac Rubin.
It takes courage to be kind. - Maya Angelou.

Topaz
I talk WAY too much

Postby Topaz » Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:32 pm

I collected enough wyvern scales to make wyvern scale armor; the only reason I don't still wear it is that I outgrew it.

Turcko
Veteran

Postby Turcko » Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:06 pm

Turcko collects fish species. He likes to fish in his spare marcs, and keeps the larger one from each type of fish that can be found in Lake Valorn. His prized catch until now is a mighty Zericod, but other types include a Karpus, a Rapierfish, a Saldae, and a Hardfin.

Ivan Monde collects Iron Knight and Iron Order gear, simply because he idolizes the concept of a brotherhood of protectors of the realm. His collection includes a set of Iron Knight Gloves, an Iron Knight Shield, an Iron Order Flask, Costume Cloaks for Adjutant, Protector and Commander, a Costume Iron Order Armor, an Ultimate Wooden Weapon of the Order, 2 Iron Kupcakes, an Iron Knight Handkerchief, an Iron Order Whetstone, and an Iron Order Hatchet.
Turcko, Falx Monde, Ivan Monde, Argoth

Kailani of Admin
'Rifterian

Postby Kailani of Admin » Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:43 am

Alfred Elpin wrote:"The items must actually exist in game."

Does this mean that it must be an actual numbered item that is able to be placed in inventory?

For example, if Alf collects, through RP, mint sprigs and seeds that wouldn't count because those aren't actual numbered items.

But if he collected "sweetly scented seeds", a numbered item, that would work?

Does this inquiry make sense? I'm confusing myself.

What you mentioned would count. Collecting pokemon cards would not.

Morris
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Morris » Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:32 am

Morris would collect maps, maybe a little obvious still old and new maps would provide information forwhen he is making his own or discovering an area that he has yet to explore

Brisingr Blaze
Social Leech

Postby Brisingr Blaze » Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:23 pm

Brisingr Blaze- Weapon collection

Started: At this point even he has lost count on how long ago he started his weapon collection. He does however recall his first weapon. It was an old tinkered Rapier. Despite being an enchanter he never was keen on using a staff as his primary weapon. So he makes it his mission to gather any bladed weapon he can wield.

Maintained: The bulk of his weaponry is kept on display in his bank, but his primary three remain at his side. He makes sure to properly oil and polish them. Keeping an edge on them with a whetstone. Making sure they get plenty of use. The jewel of his collection, his 'Percy' gets the most love out of them all.

Ultimate Goal: To forge a blade from the highest quality materials. Which is his dearest Drakaina. A rapier he forged using his own two hands. Now he just wonders the land looking for new blades to acquire or new materials to challenge his craft.

Roseden Ivysword- Shield collection

Started: As a rogue, it all began as a jest at his grand-dagger Lowrenzo. But after a while it became so much more thus forming 'RRUS' and 'RRUD'. 'Real Rogues Use Shields' and 'Real Rogues Use Daggers'.

Maintainted: He's made it his mission to acquire shields of varying degrees to always give Lowrenzo something new to grumble and curse about. The shields are customized just for him so that when needed he can toss the shield aside briefly to pull a dagger from a sheath kept near the arm strap.

Ultimate Goal: To acquire a shield with spikes that can house varying poisons. The best of both worlds. And a real middle finger to both 'factions'.

Lavender
Social Leech

Postby Lavender » Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:24 am

Lavender's Bank Dresser!

This is not for any purpose but for her enjoyment, but Lavender has a clothing collection that could probably rival Jobes!

Because who knows! Maybe one day she might want to pretend to swashbuckling pirates in her Dashing Pirate Coat. Run through a field in her festive spring gown with a floral crown of Cherry Blossoms and Blue Buttercups and a pair of Fine Women's silver-toned shoes! Or even simply lounge near the water in Short Slacks with Silken Shirt are perfectly paired over her Sea Shell Top and Bottoms with soft woven sandals on her feet. And between gloves, spiders web scarf, long stylish scarf, items made of leaves, plush bear onesie, a fine purple silk spun shirt, a purple dress with a white hood, purple socks, purple silk gloves, skull pen, fall festival mask...
and just a few simple things of silk...and one of her favorite pieces a silver chain with an emerald pendant necklace.

This woman really has an obsession with clothing! Why? Because why not? But more than clothing, she collects pretty much anything purple... I wonder why. lol
Last edited by Lavender on Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lavender
Kindness is more important than wisdom, and the recognition of this
is the beginning of wisdom. –Theodore Issac Rubin.
It takes courage to be kind. - Maya Angelou.

Alfred Elpin
Adventurer

Postby Alfred Elpin » Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:21 pm

Juliet Shephard collects Ochre Blossoms.

Her father sent her to learn how to be an adventurer to fulfill family desires of having an Enchantress in their ranks. As a means of reminding her of home, and because it was her favorite flower, he sent a wagon full of ochre blossom plants with her to be tended by the family she was housed with. She replaces the one in her hair with a fresh one each day.

While she is away from home, she keeps several on hand to smell as a means of bringing to life the memories of her youth.

________

Alfred Elpin collects bundles of mint and seeds. The mint to chew on and to add to drinks. The seeds for planting.

He is a farmer and frequently spends time out in the fields casting seed from his seed bag. Lately, the purpose has been to reseed the areas around the Obelisks.
Warrior by the hand of Topaz, mint farmer by birth.

Ary
New Adventurer

Postby Ary » Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:55 pm

Aryana Moonsong has collected Candy Balls during Fall Fest for years. Her and Cody often would have full conversations in their "Candy" language and it brings back many fond memories. She will line her pockets with as many as she can and eat them, getting a sugar high until she is literally bouncing around like the Bunny she is!

Phynix Dawn has collected Dull Ancient Crystals for years down in the Spider Caves. She hunts the Blues for her last two portal spells and will either count them and use them to try and taunt the Blue Guardians out or build rock pyramids/caerns on the sides of the caves and pray to the Gods at them for help and blessings in finding the Blues for her last portals.
Alanna "Remember, everything around you can be a weapon. Even another Adventurer"
Aryana "The Shadows are my home. It's where I keep my hidden stash of Candy Balls....Oh Shiny!"

Telmacha
New Adventurer

Postby Telmacha » Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:53 pm

I have been collecting Old Invasion Ingots for several years, almost since I came to Dundee..

They are prettier than the current invasion ingots (for which I have limited use; it's been a while since I've seen a dull brown crystal.)

And there is a tradition from the Ethucan Golden Age that there were Shiny Brown Crystals - or sometimes Amber Crystals - that they fit.

Dollisparkles
New Adventurer

Postby Dollisparkles » Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:01 pm

Dolly has an extensive collection of sweet food, because you just never know when there’ll be a Fall Festival Candyball emergency.
She tries to collect pies too, but always eats them!

Tess Weaver
New Adventurer

Postby Tess Weaver » Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:45 pm

Will Shadowfoot collects hats.

He didn't actually plan to do so, but he has noticed that he has several and that they are all interesting:

A Beach Viper Skin Hat
A Gator Skin Hat
A Winter Wizard Hat
A Black Tricorn Hat
A Lucky Hat

He also has a Leaf Helm, but is not sure whether or not that counts as a hat.

He does not go to too many social functions, but when he does, he tries to wear a hat appropriate to the gathering.

Kenji Muramota
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Kenji Muramota » Mon Apr 01, 2024 11:10 am

Kenji Muramota tends to collect Amulets of Fate and gambling items like Dies. As he likes to defy fate and tends to fiddle with these things rather frequently. He also collects interesting weapons and Iron Order items whenever he can get them to preserve and honor the legacy and history of these rare finds.
Stare into the Abyss... Feel the Darkness of the First Sins stare back.

Kenji Muramota-173295

Kailani of Admin
'Rifterian

Postby Kailani of Admin » Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:23 pm

This contest ends at midnight Pacific Time.

Thank you for all that have entered!

K.

Loki Jester
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Loki Jester » Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:55 pm

Loki tends to carry things that he thinks will be useful later.

For example,

1. Essence of Demon: Magma
2. Essence of Demon: Frost
3. Farsee Spyglass
4. Ice Pick
5. Raw Spider Silk
6. Random herbs, right now he has a healthy greens

He may not know what they will be useful for, but he plucks them up with every intention that they might just be. Eventually, he'll let them go if they aren't proven to be useful but it would take months or years before he even decided to do it.

When did this start?
Loki used to only collect small trinkets, but after getting into a situation where he accidentally threw away a needed quest item and because of that had to start over, it encouraged him to hold onto the small stuff that doesn't seem important but really just might be. A certain "fire dancer" used to scold him a lot for being wasteful, when really she was just a hoard herself, and thus the "bad habit" was created. Being the hopeful and excited adventurer he is, he can't help but to assume that maybe one day he'll need or be able to use the items hoarded, and he hasn't really been wrong, as one of them being the raw spider silk had been used for a lot of his sewing projects.
Ridder Zeric of Admin says "[Broadcast] **looks at the fact 14 hours have passed on the clock** Oh. That explains why I'm tired. **collapses**"

Loki Jester

Viviyana
I talk WAY too much

Postby Viviyana » Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:29 pm

Viviyana collects mementos of past loves; she keeps them trapped and dangling in a web necklace around her throat (woven from a dyed spider silk bracelet given to her by her first love). I guess she uses it as a shield and reminder. If she gets to a point where she truly feels nothing for a person (love or hate), she snips off the memento and tosses it into the abyss (assuming it still exists up there :) ). This started with a chunk of amber from her mentor Thorne and the bracelet she dismantled to make her web.

She also collects books, maps, and parchments for no other purpose besides obsession.

Draekyn collects used gear so he can shove them at new adventurers because he is a tightwad who refuses to just buy them new boots or *gasp* give them gold so they can buy their own stuff. It started after he met Bif and went broke in the process.

Return to “Contest and Event Planning”