20 in 20 #6

This board contains announcements, discussion and planning for in-game events.
Pallas
Veteran

Re: 20 in 20 #6

Postby Pallas » Wed Oct 18, 2023 12:49 pm

Teebeeonee*, an eagle

The magnificent bird’s plumage merges from brown over the body into a more golden colour covering the back of the neck and over the head.
When soaring high above the lands, Teebeeonee may be out of Pallas’ vision but with his keener sight the bird always knows where Pallas is! The eagle shares Pallas’ innate curiosity about happenings in the lands – a shared trait which brought the two together, as did the ability to survive out in the wilds, or enjoy periods of isolation. Man and bird appear to be a perfect match each for the other.
In times of peril the eagle flies lower, though out of the range of any weapons, as he scouts for foes before returning to Pallas ready to act as a guide to an enemy’s location. Teebeeonee will also serve as a courier, delivering messages to fellow adventurers across the lands.

Interactions -

Pallas looks upward at the sound of a familiar cry, smiling as he sees Teebeeone plummet down toward him.
Pallas offers the eagle a morsel of meat, which is quickly taken from his hand.
Pallas ties a small piece of parchment to one of Teebeeonee’s legs, whispers a name, and sends the bird flying.
Pallas winces slightly as the eagle’s talons dig into his shoulder or forearm as the bird comes to rest.

Pros -

An extra, and very keen, pair of eyes to scout the lands for enemies, or for anything of interest.
A companion of similar temperament.
Enables Pallas to keep in touch with fellow adventurers.
A ferocious hunter and fighter, with sharp talons and beak, ready and able to assist in combat.

Cons -

May not always be within Pallas’ sight, though Teebeeonee usually condescends to return on hearing Pallas’ whistled request to do so. (you don’t command a large eagle to do anything. You ask it. Very politely!)
Titbits of food brought by the bird may not be to Pallas’ taste. If a small creature, it will hopefully be already killed. But whether entire or some vaguely-recognisable portion of a larger creature the meat will be warm, bloody, and raw!
Teebeeone will, from time to time, settle on Pallas’ shoulder of forearm. The bird is heavy, and may throw Pallas off-balance. And his talons are sharp, causing some discomfort as the bird fastens a firm hold on whichever bit of anatomy he has settled upon.

(*OOC – pronunciation. Stress is on the penultimate syllable as that’s the general Welsh rule so it is Tee-bee-OH-knee)

The joke is on the bloke who never spoke a word at all
But whose dreams lay unrevealed 'til they were rotten ...

Lindisfarne 'The Things I Should Have Said'

Blossom
New Adventurer

Postby Blossom » Thu Oct 19, 2023 9:22 pm

Would a giant bee be acceptable? They should exist in Verthedge. If not, I think I would tame a Roaming Fringed Bladderwort.

Telvonus
New Adventurer

Postby Telvonus » Thu Oct 19, 2023 9:48 pm

When I had an unfortunate encounter with a Giant Fox, resulting in my fox cape, we found later that there was a fox kit, orphaned.

I took him in, fed him milk and bread and ground meat, and called him Telopex, as a member of the much-tried Telides.

He snuggles with me, and takes food from my hands, yipping quietly.

Advantages and disadvantages? He's company, and keeps my space free of rodents. We're working on the house-training issue. His name annoys my sister; she says he shouldn't be part of the family. Or is that an advantage?

Zelele
Adventurer

Postby Zelele » Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:29 pm

Zostre is not same species of green reptile as in otherhome, but came up to me in rainforest, and seemed want to stay with me.

I feed him,and he watches at night, swinging his tail. Is reminiscent of otherhome. But is also not like temperature in much of Valorn, and is prone to diseases.

Topaz
I talk WAY too much

Postby Topaz » Fri Oct 20, 2023 12:41 am

FENELLA
Peregrine falcon

On the southward-facing cliffside of the Shieldwall guild house, a peregrine falcon nests in the sun. A beautiful bird of about the size of a large crow or raven (ca. 3 lbs) with a black head and bluish-gray feathers, she chooses to accompany Topaz into battle, into town, and especially on hunting trips. On those hunting trips she more than holds her own; peregrine falcons are famous for their speed when stooping for prey. She answers, often, to the name Fenella.

Interactions:

Out of a clear sky, Fenella dives on an unsuspecting creature, who never knows what hit it.

Fenella catches Topaz's attention with a loud clear cry that sounds through the air.

Fenella clacks her sharp beak, but accepts pieces of raw meat very politely from Topaz's gauntleted hand.

PRO:
Beautiful
Watchful from on high
Fierce defender of her chosen human

CON:
Clamps talons on arms, shoulder, or wrist whether or not Topaz is armored
Generously shares pieces of dead prey
Birds are never housebroken

Blossom
New Adventurer

Melissa

Postby Blossom » Fri Oct 20, 2023 2:16 am

Melissa, my bee, flew up around me one day when I was gathering flowers, and she has stayed around. She likes even the flowers the woodchucks leave, at least when they're fresh.

She will settle in my floral crown (and sometimes other people's).

It's good to have her. She buzzes pleasantly; she finds flowers; when she thinks I'm threatened, she can be very distracting to an opponent, especially a speaking person in armor.

But that's when she thinks so. She doesn't always realize a danger, and she can imagine one, when there Isn't. And all the pastries belong to her, when she wants.

Good thing she recognizes me and my sister as hive, and she can be persuaded about other people. If she actually went to war, she might hurt herself.

Kailani of Admin
'Rifterian

Postby Kailani of Admin » Sun Mar 03, 2024 3:14 pm

Thank you for these =)
Every participant will receive a prize in their packs very soon!

K.

Return to “Contest and Event Planning”