20 in 20 #4

This board contains announcements, discussion and planning for in-game events.
Kailani of Admin
'Rifterian

20 in 20 #4

Postby Kailani of Admin » Sat Jun 24, 2023 6:33 pm

The Ultimate Champion's Challenge

The Challenge:
Take a character from creation to max level in 90 days or less.

The Prize:
A Custom Ultimate Weapon (tailored to the character)

The Rules:
1. You must register the character you wish to enter into the contest below.
2. Enter character ID and date of creation.
3. You may not receive items, potions or plat from your other characters/accounts.
**for clarification: You may receive unlimited potions from anyone else but must return any items or plat that are gifted. Also you cannot have one of your own characters heal or restore your energy for training/farming.
4. You may receive blessings/enchantments from other players.
5. If you wish to undertake this challenge with an existing character, PM me for details.
6. Registered characters may only receive additional (godly) blessings during events when whole areas are blessed and will not be given any advantage of individual blessings. *if there is a mistake made, please bring it to our attention immediately through a forum PM here. We know how important fair play is to our community and strive to uphold those standards.
7. You may NOT exploit experience loop holes by exceeding more than 200% at each level.
8. Anyone caught cheating will be disqualified have that account banned (not the player or the IP).

The clock starts when register your level 1 character with no experience here and it will be exactly 90 days according to the forum time stamp.

*1 entry per player and entry is open until the end of our anniversary year (June 2024)

K.

Alfred Elpin
Adventurer

Re: 20 in 20 #4

Postby Alfred Elpin » Sat Jun 24, 2023 7:04 pm

Rule clarification, if you don't mind:

3. You may not receive items, potions, or plat from your other characters/accounts.

That leaves open receiving those things from other players? As long as the items do not originate with your own characters/accounts it is fine to accept gifts from others?
Warrior by the hand of Topaz, mint farmer by birth.

Kailani of Admin
'Rifterian

Postby Kailani of Admin » Sat Jun 24, 2023 7:23 pm

Clarification has been added.
Thank you for the question and opportunity to expand the contest’s rules.

K.

Kailani of Admin
'Rifterian

Postby Kailani of Admin » Sun Jun 25, 2023 1:22 pm

A few points that came from player questions:

You may choose any profession during the contest AND return to your original profession if you choose - but it is suggested that you maintain a solid role playing reason for choosing a different profession for an established character and why you changed back. It is about the story, afterall. Even when competing in power leveling.

If you are currently a cleric or enchanter, as you regain that profession you will have access to those spells again. You may use them. The point is leveling, not in crystal hunting. (Consider that a different challenge yet to come).

Also, you may keep and use any role playing items, food or drink on your character during a reset for this contest - you must bank and not utilize any un-droppable items that contain stats or otherwise give you an advantage to leveling.

Keep the questions coming. This is already turning out to be a very exciting prospect and we have yet to see a beginner!

K.

Kailani of Admin
'Rifterian

Postby Kailani of Admin » Sun Jun 25, 2023 2:17 pm

For existing characters looking to reset for the challenge:
1. You will be reset to level 1 and your profession to Initiate.
2. You will start with 100 plat and 100 potions.** All other plat must be handed off (to one of your own alts)
3. All existing potions must be handed off to one of your own alts
4. Do not give your potions and loads of plat to a 'friend' to have them set you up with unlimited potions that you are in theory paying for - that is cheating and I will know and I do not want to ban an existing account for something that dumb.
5. You may change your mind and go back to normal at any time.
6. You may not use existing droppable or un-droppable items that give any stats (including light) for this challenge. Anything you have that is for roleplaying (like clothing without AC). All items must be gained during the challenge to be used for the challenge.
7. Do not have a friend put something on the market for you to buy for 1 silver. I will be extremely displeased if people exploit silly loopholes.
8. Do not have a friend sell something to a merchant so that you can buy it second hand. Again. Displeased.
9. Do not find loopholes to exploit beyond this simple concept:
Start as level 1 with no advantages, other than receiving potions from anyone that they purchase with their own plat. Get to level 70 in 90 days.

Please continue to ask questions if you think you have found a way to work around these rules to gain an advantage so that I can give you a fair warning before I disqualify you for cheating.

**This is the Lynden Advantage. Your potions and plat will be set to 100 for starting. If you have a balance of zero or greater, it will be set to 100. Do not feel you have to keep that much. It is your starting place. This also goes for level 1 fresh starts. Everyone gets the Lynden Advantage.

K.

Kailani of Admin
'Rifterian

Postby Kailani of Admin » Sun Jun 25, 2023 3:22 pm

Another set of questions concerning existing characters:
1. If you try and fail, you will go back to your pre-existing condition.(level, plat, potions, gear, etc).
(A screen shot of your inventory screen will be taken and kept for tracking in the case it is needed)
2. You may attempt as many times as you choose until the time period of the challenge runs out in June 2024.
3. If you try and succeed - you have the option of returning to your pre-existing condition.
4. If you try and fail with one character, you may try with another but once you succeed you may not try again. (per player)

Basically, the only thing you stand to lose is time and effort.
And what you stand to gain is nothing short of ULTIMATE

K.

Dabria
Social Leech

Postby Dabria » Wed Jun 28, 2023 12:51 pm

<Best Columbo Impression> One more thing, if I may:
What is the position on an alt sponsoring the character taking part?
(I am thinking if character A is on account 1, and character E on account 2 sponsors. That sort of scenario.)
"Stabbing someone is no longer considered rude. Rather, it is now an acceptable method in which to end a conversation."
~Richard~

Quasha wrote:I'd pretend shock, but it's Dabria the Inappropriate.

Kailani of Admin
'Rifterian

Postby Kailani of Admin » Wed Jun 28, 2023 1:15 pm

Good question.

Your sponsor doesn’t matter to me, but it may matter to you.
Your sponsor that is not an alt can give potions.
Your sponsor that is your alt can give nothing.

(This comment is to general ‘You’ not Dabria specifically.)
You have nothing to lose in this challenge, unless you are caught cheating. I want everyone to carefully consider the consequences before bending, breaking or finding ‘loopholes’ in the rules.
If you think you have found a loophole that you can exploit to gain an advantage, then you are cheating and I will ban that account.

K.

Alfred Elpin
Adventurer

Postby Alfred Elpin » Fri Jun 30, 2023 1:04 am

For those, like Alf, that have used stat boosting scrolls (he currently has a +1 con), what will happen to the extra points post reset and successful completion of the challenge?

Kailani of Admin
'Rifterian

Postby Kailani of Admin » Fri Jun 30, 2023 4:08 pm

For those who want to start with an existing character, you should PM me with specific stat questions.

K.

Turcko
Veteran

Postby Turcko » Mon Aug 14, 2023 6:08 pm

Starting (finally) Ivan Monde, character id 193355.
There was some undroppable stuff that I couldn't stuff into the bank. Everything is visible in the starting printscreen and will be on me by the end of the challenge, unused.
Turcko, Falx Monde, Ivan Monde, Argoth

Kailani of Admin
'Rifterian

Postby Kailani of Admin » Mon Aug 14, 2023 9:50 pm

Thank you.
You can PM me your screen =)

K.

Kailani of Admin
'Rifterian

Postby Kailani of Admin » Mon Aug 14, 2023 11:29 pm

For those who are wondering: Mystical Blades are not allowed.

Thank you for the opportunity to provide clarification.
**this includes the rarely used but also not allowed clerical option Blessed/Sunrifter Blades

K.

Alfred Elpin
Adventurer

Postby Alfred Elpin » Tue Aug 15, 2023 2:18 am

Sorry, Falx! I got busy with work!

I'll be taking on the challenge as well. Please reset/do your magic. Screenshot sent.

Kailani of Admin
'Rifterian

Postby Kailani of Admin » Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:27 pm

You are good to begin, Alfred.

K.

Alfred Elpin
Adventurer

Postby Alfred Elpin » Tue Aug 15, 2023 9:38 pm

Others cannot give items.

But if you farm the coin and use another player to go and purchase the item, is that allowed?

At that point, they are merely a Bailee and you remain the owner until they transfer the purchased good to you, then you resume actual possession.

Kailani of Admin
'Rifterian

Postby Kailani of Admin » Thu Aug 17, 2023 1:58 pm

If it is your coin, and another player (not an alt) is the errand boy/girl to fetch the item from the vendor; then yes.

Also a note - if a player is intentionally putting items on the trade market at a ridiculously low price to give someone in the challenge a leg up, I will be extremely unhappy.

It is my hope that those in the challenge take the challenge for what it is and do not allow others to cheapen the experience. As for the others, I will address you individually.

K.

Topaz
I talk WAY too much

Postby Topaz » Thu Aug 17, 2023 3:39 pm

If I want to try this quest (and it's intriguing me more and more), can I join it by PM rather than here?

Kailani of Admin
'Rifterian

Postby Kailani of Admin » Thu Aug 17, 2023 5:30 pm

Yes of course.

K.

Turcko
Veteran

Postby Turcko » Tue Aug 22, 2023 6:53 pm

For those considering to take on the challenge it may be worth adding to the rules or clarifications or, well, somewhere :D that:
- Existing characters that are reset to level 1 for the challenge will only be able to get their profession at level 20, not 15.
Turcko, Falx Monde, Ivan Monde, Argoth

Return to “Contest and Event Planning”